EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Nefertiti: Ressurected

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nefertiti: Ressurected
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know this program is on as I speak!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I forgot, what was it that Zahi was so mad about? The fact that it wasn't a female or Nefertiti?
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EGyPT2005
Member # 4995

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EGyPT2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King_Scorpion:
You know this program is on as I speak!!!! ROFLMAO!!!! I forgot, what was it that Zahi was so mad about? The fact that it wasn't a female or Nefertiti?

I just finished watching it again as well.

Zahi can't even make up his mind, on what he is suppose to be angry about, lol.

After watching this special again, and after seeing the mummies themselves once more. All I could think about was "Horemheb's" idiotic statement, that just because the mummies were cream white as he has stated in previous posts. Some how in his demented mind, this correlates into the skin tones of the mummies, or in other words, what color they were while alive.

All I have to say, in response to Horemheb's statement is "Ever heard of something called dust?????" LOL

P. S. Not to mention, that the 3 mummies in the *Nefertiti Resurrected* special are mummified as well.

Posts: 115 | From: South Bend, Indiana, US | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EXACTLY!!!! One second he's denouncing DNA analysis because he says it's too premature and not that accurate. Then he trys to prove the mummy wasn't a female by conducting DNA tests. He contradicts himself all the time.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys don't like Hawass because he doesn't agree with you. Thats the bottom line and you know it. He would be your hero if he spounted the same Afrocentric nonsense you like to hear. How about a little honesty now and then.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy_2k5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
You guys don't like Hawass because he doesn't agree with you. Thats the bottom line and you know it. He would be your hero if he spounted the same Afrocentric nonsense you like to hear. How about a little honesty now and then.

Umm...the facial reconstruction of Nefertiti was done by Westerners. It was put on Discovery Channel for God's sake. How can it be Afroentric?

Posts: 212 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the woman who did the facial reconstruction admitted that she 'added' a racial componet, in other words, made a choice. Further, the bodies in the tomb are cream white, further the father of the Queen was the brother of Queen Tiye, whose father was an Asian. Lets get our facts together before we jusp off a cliff.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
King Scorpian:

You are correct. Results of DNA testing done on mummies should be peer reviewed and publicly available.

I like the idea of Egyptians being in charge of what is ultimately their legacy and responsibility. (regardless of individual ancestry)

This is not about personalities. Hawass approach to this matter is unprofessional.

What he did in the case of the "Flecther" mummy is known as "poisoning the well".

Nasty bit of work, that.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 04 February 2005).]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the woman who did the facial reconstruction admitted that she 'added' a racial componet, in other words, made a choice. Further, the bodies in the tomb are cream white, further the father of the Queen was the brother of Queen Tiye, whose father was an Asian. Lets get our facts together before we jusp off a cliff.

The above is a good example of 'cliff jumping' via inaccuracy, speculation, half truth, distortions and oversimplification and utter irrelevancy. Nice work Professor!

To learn more about the Fletcher Mummy facial reconstruction go here. If you have the Flash shockwave applet you will get a graphic recreation of the process.... http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/2003-08-12-nefertiti-usat_x.htm

Fletcher: "I was bowled over by it, to be honest. The face is that of a very strong individual indeed. She has such a beautiful profile. She is stunning"

Personally I think it resembles Nefertiti's daughter even more than Nefertiti. Don't know if that means much though.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 04 February 2005).]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blessedbydevi
Member # 6617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blessedbydevi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:

What about your facts??? Nefertiti is Tiye's Mother in law, her racial "stock" has nothing to do with that of Nefertiti. And I suggest you take a look at the small figure of Queen Tiye at the louvre museum, and her famous bust. She does NOT look asian.

Posts: 2 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy_2k5
Member # 6397

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy_2k5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classify Asian? Does this also mean Caucasoid?
Posts: 212 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blessed by Devi, there is a possibility that Yuya is not Egyptian. Yuya was Tiye's father,but her mother was Thuya who was a women from Akhmin. This is where the confusion comes in. I think its perfectuly logical for ancient Egyptians to have non-Egyptian relatives and have an Egyptian relative right within the same family. Most modern Egyptians even have diverse family members. You will different ethnic characteristics.

Even Neferiti's family branched back to Sequenen-Re Tao. He was from Southern Upper Egypt around modern day Luxor.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theborg
Member # 5196

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for theborg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the repeat on Discovery Science Channel. I'd forgotten how nice a film I made (no, I'm not the Director). Anyway, first off, I would like to say to Horemheb, dude, you are a lier. You know absolutely nothing about the security that went into the Nefertiti facial reconstruction. First off, there was no "woman" involved. It was done by a team on guys who work closely with Scotland Yard assisting them with facial reconstructions of crime victims who may be nothing more than skeletal remains. Furthermore, the three bodies in the tomb are not "cream white" as you state, but were covered in a fine gray dust (lots of it) that fell from the wall of the enclosure. There was no racial component added nor discussed, you're thinking about the Tut reconstruction (another of my films) where we used typical upper Egyptians as the "African racial" model (I hope the word African, makes Abaza pop a vein). When I met with Zahi, even though he disagrees with Joann, he greeted me with a big hug thanked me for "bringing our people and culture back to life" with my films. My Rameses film, well, he wasn't to pleased with that due to the whole Exodus thingy. To each his own opinion. By the way, the wall covering Nefertiti's secret chamber has come down, the enclosure cleaned out, painted and the three royal mummies placed in glass coffins. Nefertiti has the once missing royal arm discovered by Joann, on film, placed at her feet. So, Horemheb (by the way, I hope you were greatly annoyed by that very black African Horemheb I cast in "Who Killed King Tut"), again I say you are a lier...and not a very talented one at that. I hope you all watched "Pompeii: The Last Day", that was mine in partnership with the BBC. Stay tuned for "Super Volcano" coming in April, on the Discovery Channel. You'll find it completely different from anything that has ever aired on Discovery Channel.
Posts: 35 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Hey, don't talk about Professor Horemheb like that! That's our job!
ROTFL!

Thanks for the clarification on the Nefertiti reconstruction. It does somewhat resemble Nefertiti but it is especially the 'spitting image' of her daughter.

Reconstruction of Fletcher mummy:

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 10 February 2005).]

EGyPT2005
Member # 4995

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for EGyPT2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Hey, don't talk about Professor Horemheb like that! That's our job!
ROTFL!

Thanks for the clarification on the Nefertiti reconstruction. It does somewhat resemble Nefertiti but it is especially the 'spitting image' of her daughter.

Reconstruction of Fletcher mummy:

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 10 February 2005).]

Actually rasol, she resembles her father a bit more in my view. Judging from that nose, and those full lips of her's.

Posts: 115 | From: South Bend, Indiana, US | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by EGyPT2005:
Actually rasol, she resembles her father a bit more in my view. Judging from that nose, and those full lips of her's.

Hmmm.

Nefertiti.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com