EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Osiris

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Osiris
Anuwoman
Member # 6992

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Anuwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am searching for more information on the mummy of Osiris.

Is this Osiris or a later representation?
How old is it?
When was the mummy found?
Where is it now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

The image of Osiris appears to be a statue representation of Osiris. To my know no mummy of Osiris[Ausar] has even been discovered. However, they did find a sarcaphagus of a representation of Osiris dated to 500 B.C. according to the following link.
http://sohodr.com/egypt/hold.htm

Hope this helps.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mummy of Osirus? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Previously posted by Wally:

quote:
Osiris was an actual person. He, like Isis, is said to have been born in Denderah, Upper Egypt. In the "Egyptian Book of the Dead," he is called Osiris Ani. Ani is an ethnic term, designating the fact that he belonged to the Anu ethnic group, a Sudanese people, and the first ethnic rulers of Egypt.

According to famous Coptic scholar - Emile Amelineau designates the first Black race to occupy Egypt by the name Anu. He shows that it came slowly down the Nile and founded the cities of Esneh, Erment, Qouch, and Heliopolis, for, as he says: All those cities have the characteristic symbol which serves to denote the name Anu.

To Amelineau we also owe the discovery of Osiris' tomb at Abydos, thanks to which Osiris could no longer be considered a mythical hero but an historic personage, an initial ancestor of the Pharaohs, a Black ancestor, as was his sister, Isis.

--Africans traditionally transform their renowned ancestors into gods.

Nice picture:

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Mummy of Osirus? I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Previously posted by Wally:

Nice picture:

That is a nice pic Rasol. And undeniably African.

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serpent Wizdom:
That is a nice pic Rasol. And undeniably African.

Anuwomen linked to it, I just embedded the link.

Some interesting info about Osirus:

* He is the mythical father figure of the Km.t, and many early Egyptologists like Budge, concluded, based on Km.t writing that he must have come from the Sudan.

Osiris, was actually called - the great black one, Kem Wer [Black + great] in the mdw ntr

...as shown in the Worterbuch der aegyptischen Sprache [Mdw Ntr dictionary]:

Osirus sister/wife Isis was called KemIsi [Black Lady] - Isis is the basis of the Black Madonna in Greek mythology:

So holy and venerate were these shrines that when Christianity invaded Europe, these figures of the Black Isis holding the Black Horus were not destroyed but turned into figures of the Black Madonna and Child http://www.saxakali.com/suzar/madonna.htm

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anuwoman
Member # 6992

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Anuwoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Rasol

"Mummy of Osirus? I'm not sure what you are referring to."

I should have said "sarcophagus" not mummy.

Thank you, Ausar.
"However, they did find a sarcophagus of a representation of Osiris dated to 500 B.C."

Also

"After dirt and most of the remaining water were cleared from the shaft, located between the Sphinx and the Pyramid of Chefren (Khafre), archaeologists found three underground levels, with the submerged Osiris sarcophagus at the lowest."

I saw a program with Hawass. He and the narrator of the program went beneath the Sphinx. Hawass showed him and the cameras where the tomb (Bir or House of Osiris)
that contained this sarcophagus, was located.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atheist
Member # 7741

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Atheist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting thread!
Posts: 270 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com