EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » It Is Time To Make A Film: Who Wants To Participate

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It Is Time To Make A Film: Who Wants To Participate
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought Writes:

All of the evidence has been obtained. It is time that we take this information to the masses. I suggest that we put our resources and skills together to crate a documentary film that we can produce for National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, etc. Are any of you interested in this sort of project? My suggestion is:

Nile Valley: Corridor to the Neolithic

Premise: This film documents recent scientific evidence indicating that people of Sub-Saharan ancestry were involved in the development of the Neolithic process in the Meditrranean world.

Interviews:

C.L. Brace
Shomarka Keita
Chris Ehret
Peter Underhill
Ofer Bar-Yosef
Fred Wendorf

Add to the list as you see fit???

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you get around people being situated in different parts of the world, or the personal schedules of individual participants?
Then there is the question of funding, even the single aspect of which, such as collection, will have to be well thought out, not to mention hooking up with the sort of TV channels that you just mentioned. Also important, is the determination to get the project completed, i.e., going to all lengths to get it done, and not reduced to a half-hearted idea, which would fall apart in the face of initial obstacles. With that said, some of us have expressed some level of determination to get things done, as exemplified by those who have written to experts, so as to obtain their direct clarification on matters; this enthusiasm has to be taken to new heights, if a project such as the one suggested here, is to take off.

It is definitely a great idea...if pulled off!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard Poe, is vastly more resourceful than any of us are currently on this message board and he is having major trouble getting his own TV Special about "Black Spark, White" Fire off the ground. He too has been in contact with many of these people for a long time. Its funny, though, a wealthy figure in the Black community could easily get this project produced. Oprah Winfrey or Bill Cosby could merely snap their fingers and it would be in production and on TV within a year, no problem.
Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFROCENTRIST32
Member # 9056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFROCENTRIST32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where do I sign up...
Posts: 236 | From: chicago, illinois, | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com