EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » kemetian tomb wall SKIN COLOR INFORMATION --pictures--

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: kemetian tomb wall SKIN COLOR INFORMATION --pictures--
ankhenaten2
Member # 10810

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ankhenaten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SKIN COLOR INFORMATION:

-

On the above scene from a kemetian tomb wall notice that the ancient egyptians used brown and redishbrown skin color so to make it easy to see where the borderline of each individual Egyptian body is when Egyptians are drawn close togheter:

a demonstration:

-

The above shows on left side: how Egyptians depicted themselves with redishbrown and brown and on the right side how the ancient Egyptians depicted Nubian royals with dark brown and black skin color, the Egyptians used skin color variations to show where one body begins and the other starts because if one would only use exact skin colors it would be extremely difficult to see where one body starts and the other ends when drawn close together and thus

The skin colors depicted where real skin colors variations that where present in real life to,but applied in a artistic fashion in certain situations

Another example:

-

One sees Nubians greeting pharaoh the men in front and 2 women in the back together with 3 children,the women are depicted as black and brown this makes it easy to distinguish the 2

This same artistic color expression was done with animals who stand close together:

-

Above left shows a wall depiction with cows standing besides each other the above right is a zoom in upon the cows clearly the cows are depicted side by side as white,brown,white,brown these were real fur color variations used in a artistic fashion for better distinguishability.

Many people can not comprehend the redishbrown skin color the ancient Egyptians used, since they are delusional and ignorant of real solid ancient Egyptian artistic reality which was based upon reality, nevertheless in reality Many Negroes are reddish brown also red and as shown with proof the ancient Egyptians depicted themselves sometime as being red skinned and this was a REAL SKIN COLOR VARIATION as show with solid evidence and is thus FACT.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ankhenaten2
Member # 10810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ankhenaten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
V!
Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ankhenaten2
Member # 10810

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ankhenaten2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
V!
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ankhenaten2...you are preaching to the choir [Smile]
But let me offer a bit of constructive criticism (which is a redundant statement since real criticism is constructive).

a) Everyone on this forum with any intelligence knows that these are all pictures of Black folks. In fact, to paraphrase Diop, you would need more colors than this to show all the color variations found amongst Black people. So if you are trying to convince those here, almost universally White folks who are in denial, you are wasting your time...

b) These other folks shown who are not Ancient Egyptian are also not "Nubians" - it is difficult, for me at least, to tell where these other Blacks are from since there aren't any text with these pictures and I can't tell from their clothing. They would be called at least "Nahasu" or "Kushu" (ie, southerners, foreign Blacks, strangers) but they could also be "Yam" or "Wawat" or something.

Nubians are a modern ethnic group living in southern Egypt and northern Sudan, and trust me, you couldn't tell a Nubian from a southern Egyptian if each one were naked; only by their clothing! Alas, one day we'll stop this Nubian business...
But, it's still a good post anyway. [Smile]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AE's were North African Caucasians with redish brown skin, Nubians were black Africans. What wally is taking about are Nubians who moved into Egypt over the centuries.

--------------------
God Bless President Bush

Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see what I mean Akhenaten2?...
Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ROTFL [Big Grin] Indeed!!
Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:

AE's were North African Caucasians with redish brown skin, Nubians were black Africans.

So I take it from this statement that caucasians can range from the pale color of nordic Europeans to the dark reddish-brown color we see in these tombs, but black Africans only come in one color and that's black?

uh huh...

quote:
What wally is taking about are Nubians who moved into Egypt over the centuries.
Yes but as Wally said, Nubians are a minority and so this cannot explain the vast majority of dark African looking Egyptians living mainly in Upper Egypt but also in rural areas of Lower Egypt as well.

So I suppose all these reddish-brown fellows below are just caucasians, then.

-

tomb owner
 -

Guide
 -

Make sure to check with us professor when you get back to reality. Okay? [Big Grin]

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Originally posted by Horemheb:
AE's were North African Caucasians with redish brown skin, Nubians were black Africans. What wally is taking about are Nubians who moved into Egypt over the centuries.

WTF! you always talk about "north african caucasian" I seriously don't know what you mean by with this.
Please tell us who of these people below are "black" Africans and who are north African "caucasians". Please pick those pictures who fits your description so I can fully understand what you mean by NA "caucasian".
Ps. all these people come from SSA, Sahara or NA.

[/QUOTE]  -
 -  -  -
 -
 -
 -
 - ´
continue

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -  -  -  -
 -  -
 -
 -

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Yonis. I think that Horemheb is wrong when he calls Ancient Egyptians North African Caucasians. Not all people who study Ancient Egypt think this way. I for one know that Ancient Egyptians were Black Africans. Those pictures you posted is good in showing how black people come in many colors. Horemheb is just in denial.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
 -  -  -  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
I said earlier:
quote:

a) Everyone on this forum with any intelligence knows that these are all pictures of Black folks. In fact, to paraphrase Diop, you would need more colors than this to show all the color variations found amongst Black people. So if you are trying to convince those here, almost universally White folks who are in denial, you are wasting your time...

So why does anyone even bother to respond to "Horemheb's" utterly nonsensical remarks? He stole your basketball and you have taken it back, and now he's a whining crybaby. That is all...
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NHHSW Akhenaten2 posted are from Huy's tomb.
The vigette has lines and blurbs of mdw ntr.

The mdw ntr for the jpg "demonstration" identifies from right to left:
- ruler of Ma`m, good king
- rulers of Ua'yt.x3st (Wawat?)
- born princes/princesses of every country

The NHHSW in the "another example" jpg are not mentioned.

Lower registers of the tableu labels all the depicted NHHSW as from
Kesh. Themselves, they use the term Nine Bows in a proclamation.

quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

b) These other folks shown who are not Ancient Egyptian are also not "Nubians" - it is difficult, for me at least, to tell where these other Blacks are from since there aren't any text with these pictures and I can't tell from their clothing. They would be called at least "Nahasu" or "Kushu" (ie, southerners, foreign Blacks, strangers) but they could also be "Yam" or "Wawat" or something.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Thanks for the info Takruri, but Wally is right that you waste your times and energies with 'professor' Hore! LOL

Hore will probably say that all of those black people are either Nubians or slaves that really come from 'Sub-Sahara'.

Nice pics by the way, Yonis! Could you please label for us which people are which? I could tell by their looks that some of the pictures are of North Africans either Tuareg or Siwa.

The pic of the Somali girl below, looks an awful lot like the gorgeous Egyptian girl from Cairo that I saw in a library a couple of months ago! Perhaps the girl wasn't really Egyptian but a Somali immigrant. LOL [Wink]

-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com