EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Formation of Dynastic Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Formation of Dynastic Egypt
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on becoming a screenwriter/director one day, and I want to make a movie (though I'm not sure on which culture yet) about Ancient Africa. I have a lot of ideas floating around...Ancient Mali and Mansa Musa, The Moors, something about Ancient Ethiopia, I was even thinking about bringing to life the legend of the Queen of Sheba and King Solomon. Something else I'm thinking about though is Ancient Egypt. Though, I'm not sure what to do about AE. I was thinking about capturing the war between the North and the South that led to Egypt's unification. So if anyone can give me more information on this...I'd appreciate it.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
". . . . . evidence from Buto suggests that this northern land was first influenced by the style of pottery found in the south, and that later the region was enveloped by southern culture. Such finding suggest that development in the North lagged behind that of Southern Egypt and supports the theory that eventually it was Southern kings who unified Egypt."

Tour Egypt

The best of luck with your project.

Today there is really not much to see at Buto. As elsewhere in the Delta, monumental sites have been largely ruined by water, and in fact powerful pumps must be utilized for digs in the area because the predynastic levels are below the current water table.

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com