EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Were Burnt Bricks Used In Ancient Egypt In The Time of Moses?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Were Burnt Bricks Used In Ancient Egypt In The Time of Moses?
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't want to start a new topic, since the last topic; Moses & Ancient Egypt was hijacked.

So here is the article:

quote:
2. Hieroglyphic Evidence
3. Evidence Of Burnt Brick In Egypt
The earliest example of the use of burnt brick comes from the Middle Kingdom fortresses in Nubia, in which they were used as paving-slabs measuring 30 x 30 x 5 cm.[5]

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Contrad/External/burntbrick.html
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is another excellent article, but off topic (again I don't want to start a new topic)

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Contrad/External/crucify.html

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what if burnt bricks were used? What is the significance of them?
Posts: 26318 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess to prove the authenticity of the Qu'ran and the Exodus tradition at the same time.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And disprove the eurocentric views(Christian missionaries),that Egypt/Africa had no civilization prior to the Greek civilizations. If we want to discuss the history of AE, shouldn't we also look at what Islam says?

Note: The Qur’an is not a book of science but a book of ‘signs’

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's patently absurd that Egypt/Africa had no
civilization prior to Greek cultures. No one
seriously says that because archaeological
evidence is strewn all up and down the Nile
Valley of urban civilizations including the
building columns mislabeled "doric."

This precludes the need for testimony from
sources that postdate the ancient Egyptian
timeframe. Besides that, we have writings
left by the Greeks that Kemet and Kush
preceded their cultures.

Brick making was an early architectural acheivement
along the banks of the Nile. The common permanent
house of the average Egyptian family was made of
brick.

A very famous 18th dynasty mural depicts the menial
task of brick manufacture carried out by Aamw and
Ta Seti. Its fame is due to it being painted at
the time Israelites say they were forced laborers
in Egypt.

That painting was posted here or on the old Nile
Valley forum. If I find it I'll append it to this
post.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the Davies repro I wanted to post but a fuller vignette,
if less professional, of the same from the Denkmaler.

-

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I guess to prove the authenticity of the Qu'ran and the Exodus tradition at the same time.

I don't want to get involved what the Bible says--I'll leave it up to Christians on this forum.

Salam.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:

quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:

And disprove the eurocentric views(Christian missionaries),that Egypt/Africa had no civilization prior to the Greek civilizations. If we want to discuss the history of AE, shouldn't we also look at what Islam says?

Note: The Qur’an is not a book of science but a book of ‘signs’

LOL Well, sorry to say but the Eurocentric views you speak of have already been disproven long time ago! As Takruri says, we have more than enough evidence from the Nile Valley as well as from the Greeks themselves as to the antiquity of African civilizations.

But interesting description of the Qur'an-- not a book of science but a book of 'signs'. One could say this about the Bible or Torah.

Yes many stories in these holy books are indeed based on historical places and events.

Posts: 26318 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The brickmaking image comes from the tomb of Rekmire:

http://www.egiptomania.com/antiguoegipto/upper/rejmira.htm

Posts: 8899 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Thanks for the provenance Doug.
Here's the image I originally wanted to post
and one from that website with the Denkmaler
repro juxtaposed for comparison.

-
 -
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com