EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » new tomb......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: new tomb......
Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm looking for more information on the tomb recently discovered,,, this year,,,
The info I have is very limited and the news did not give adequite coverage. I will appreciate anyone helping me out with this.

Posts: 85 | From: bottom_of_the_barrel | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nourhan:
Hi, I'm looking for more information on the tomb recently discovered,,, this year,,,
The info I have is very limited and the news did not give adequite coverage. I will appreciate anyone helping me out with this.

Would that be KV64?

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^That's just what I was about to ask!
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

-

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes , that's it!!
So where can i reseach the find in more detail?

Posts: 85 | From: bottom_of_the_barrel | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

-

HOW DID YO DO THAT
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Myra is web mistress and internet queen; she can do alot of things! [Wink]
Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just an animated gif image.

Right click on it and you can save it as a regular image.

- Let's all take a moment... to watch the Great NIGERIAN flag in motion [Smile]

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
Yes , that's it!!
So where can i reseach the find in more detail?

"KV64" is a radar anomaly discovered in the Valley of the Kings pharaonic necropolis in Egypt. It is believed that the anomaly could either be a new tomb or a chamber and is located 50 feet north of KV63 which was discovered in March 2006. The designation of KV64 is not official, and the existence of such a tomb is dismissed by Zahi Hawass, head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities. It is possible, however, that Reeves' announcement of the KV64 find displeased Dr. Hawass since only the Supreme Council of Antiquities can formally make such an official pronouncement on a tomb's status. In a letter to USA Today, Dr. Hawass writes:

If what Mr. Reeves says is true, then why didn't he present this report to the Supreme Council of Antiquities" and adds "Radar can also show anomalies that are not necessarily tomb shafts. It seems to me that Mr. Reeves wants publicity more than conducting his work through a scientific approach. For this reason, I am writing you to state that the information is not true."

Reeves responds to Hawass' criticism by noting that that "he had alerted Hawass and the Supreme Council as to KV 63's location in August 2005, but received no reply. Anticipating a similar response for KV 64, "rightly or wrongly," Reeves says, he decided to release the information about the possible new tomb without any delay. "Yes, I am clearly seeking publicity — but not for my own ends," he says by e-mail. "My sole ambition in this is to see archaeological work in the Valley of the Kings carried out with the care and attention it deserves and so desperately needs." [Source]

Kata
Member # 10876

Member Rated:
fantastic Myra,, You're a gem.. Any more?
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
quote:
fantastic Myra,, You're a gem. Any more?

KV64 is the Amarna Royal Tombs Project, based in Britian, and directed by Dr. Nicholas Reeves. His last article was in late July. My feeling is that we probably won't get any updated information on KV64 until early next year.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com