EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African Americans should not force their concept of colour on Africans (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: African Americans should not force their concept of colour on Africans
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In America, if you are 1% black, you are black.
In Africa, if you are 1% not black you are not black.

That is what Hawas meant by saying Tut is not black and ancient Egyptians were not black.

Of course he used the word not african, mistakenly, because we in Egypt are not black, but the fact is we are Africans

Always were in Africa, not any where else. [Smile] \\\

Regards,

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you've assumed the self-oppointed position of being Hawass' spokesman?

Your first two statements make as much sense as Hawass' 'Egypt is in Africa, but Egyptians are not Africans'. If in America, when someone is 1% black, this is supposed to make them black, then how can someone who is otherwise 99% black [minus the 1% 'not-black'], according to your analysis, not be deemed 'black'?

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:

Your first two statements make as much sense as Hawass' 'Egypt is in Africa, but Egyptians are not Africans'. If in America, when someone is 1% black, this is supposed to make them black, then how can someone who is otherwise 99% black [minus the 1% 'not-black'], according to your analysis, not be deemed 'black'?

I did not say Egyptians are not Africans. I said Egyptians were never black, not today, not 5000 years ago.

Why?

Because in Africa if you are 1% not black, you are simply not black.

We have a different concept in Africa of who is black, in Africa, we believe if you are not 100% black, you are not black.

While in America, if you are not 100% white, than you are black.

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amr1:

I did not say Egyptians are not Africans.

I didn't say that you proclaimed that; I've made it clear that I was referring to Hawass about the 'African thing'. My intention was to bring to your attention, the peculiarites of your first two statements - which are your words, not Hawass's.

quote:
Originally posted by Amr1:

Because in Africa if you are 1% not black, you are simply not black.

We have a different concept in Africa of who is black, in Africa, we believe if you are not 100% black, you are not black.

While in America, if you are not 100% white, than you are black.

Which objective documentation has led you to believe Africans think in this manner, which seems like the reverse mentality of that you're painting in America? In fact, is there documentation of a single system of grouping people, for lack of better terms, being used across Africa?
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Mystery

I lived in Africa, for most of my life. My family has lived there for ever.

My family/clan stretches in an area from Cairo to the City of Roseris/Damazin, in south East Sudan.

I know what they think of who is black and who is not.

Regards,

--------------------
Regards,

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by AMR1:

Mystery

Same applies to me [what a small world we live in], and I haven't come across any objective independent corroboration for your claims.
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Mystery

Where do you live and what do they think of a person who is not 100% black?

--------------------
Regards,

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

As far as I can tell, from the different regions of Africa I've thus far set foot in, many don't think in terms of "who is a 100% black" and "who isn't"; many of them Africans identify with each other primarily along ethno-lingual lines, and then by nationality.
King_Scorpion
Member # 4818

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for King_Scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:

I guess they consider the AE's dark-skinned whites...you know they still teach that in some places even though it's outdated here. Hawass has stated at least once I recall of AE's being North African caucasians.
Posts: 1219 | From: North Carolina, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the Sudanese think like that. If you are not 100% Black, or even 100% black but with finer features and/or softer hair, you are Arab. They won't even call themselves black. The lightest are Asfar (yellow), followed by AHmar (red), Asmar for regular brown-skinned Arabs, and then the adoptation of AkhDar (green) and Azraq (blue) for the darkest of Arabs who approach a blue-black color or also for blue-black southerners, just to avoid the term Aswad, whom they reserve for southerners. I guess they didn't realize that al-Sudaan was named as such for them too.
Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMRI stated
quote:
My family/clan stretches in an area from Cairo to the City of Roseris/Damazin, in south East Sudan.
I know what they think of who is black and who is not.

You are probably right on your terms but 50% African is still African. The obvious phenotype, at least in Western Europe and North America still points to BLACK, regardless of subjective criteria. I also realize that the USA version of blackness is different from the rest of the world so in that sense, you are right.
Here's a logical syllogism based on premise:
1. Germany is in Europe therefore Germans are Europeans
2. Egypt is in Africa therefore Egyptians are Africans

Please note there is no reference to colour or otherwise. Any such reference is usually in the psyche of the observer and their agenda, or exposure to such agenda in their psychological conditioning!
a. Sadat was Egyptian, therefore African and happened to be black
b. Nasser maybe called of 'mixed ancestry' (mulato fino) for lack of a better definition!

What ethnicity and/or phenotype would people categorize the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood?

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
AMR1 wrote the title:
African Americans should not force their concept of colour on Africans

Perhaps we need to create a thread entitled: Africans should not accept a false concept of color created by brainwashed desire to favor foreigners like Arabs!! [Embarrassed]

quote:
In America, if you are 1% black, you are black. In Africa, if you are 1% not black you are not black.
That depends on what the person looks like. You cannot tell a persons ancestry by their appearance alone. A white person could have African ancestry and a very dark black person could have European ancestry. But this is besides the point. We are dealing with ancient Egyptians who have non!

quote:
That is what Hawas meant by saying Tut is not black and ancient Egyptians were not black.

Of course he used the word not african, mistakenly, because we in Egypt are not black, but the fact is we are Africans

Always were in Africa, not any where else. [Smile] \\\

Regards,

Incorrect. Not surprisingly, your twisted Arabized mind fails to comprehend what Hawass truly meant! When Hawass says Tut was not black, he meant Tut was not black at all, period. In his mind, he truly believes or wants to believe that the Egyptian people were not black Africans and have nothing to do with black Africans which is why even denies their relation to continent of Africa, even though Egypt is in Africa.

The fact is not only was Tut black, but 100% black, unless you have evidence that proves otherwise. And we know you don't. [Smile]

-

^ And please don't impose your Arabized color concepts on him, because he lived at a time when there were no Arabs. [Cool]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:

Only the Sudanese think like that. If you are not 100% Black, or even 100% black but with finer features and/or softer hair, you are Arab. They won't even call themselves black. The lightest are Asfar (yellow), followed by AHmar (red), Asmar for regular brown-skinned Arabs, and then the adoptation of AkhDar (green) and Azraq (blue) for the darkest of Arabs who approach a blue-black color or also for blue-black southerners, just to avoid the term Aswad, whom they reserve for southerners. I guess they didn't realize that al-Sudaan was named as such for them too.

LOL @ "green" and "blue"!! Yes, the sick self-hating mental state of northern Sudan is very sad. Which why you have (black) Darfurians being raped and killed by the (equally black) Janjaweed. [Frown] I wonder what color the Janjaweed call themselves, blue or green?!

And now the Arab psychos like AMR1 have gone so far as claiming ancient Nile Valley civilizations like Egypt and even those of Nubia to be the product of "mixed" Africans, and so people who are not "truly black"! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

This is a lie, and is just a dumb remark.

Truth:

Neither Africa nor America have a singlular concept of Blackness.

There is no way of determining percentile of blackness, such as 1% black or 1% not-black. These are nonsense concepts.

There's too much idiocy on this forum.

I can't say I'm glad to have you back Amr1.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Indeed! LOL @ "1% black"! How is this measured like 1% milk?! LOL

AMR1 is pathetically hilarious as always. But yes, welcome back! [Big Grin]

Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:

quote:
In America, if you are 1% black, you are black.

[Roll Eyes]

Djehuti Quote:

quote:
What many people fail to realize is that Hawass is an Arab with Dementia

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Masonic Rebel   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Opps I misquoted Djehuti

[Smile]

quote:
What many people fail to realize is that Hawass is an Arab Egyptian from Damietta
Noted:

My Bag

AMR 1 you need to visit Wally site because you will learn that the Ancient People of Kemet portrayed themselves as Black and there really no excuse for Hawass comments about Tut.

Example:

Kememu = Black people (Ancient Egyptians) in both Ancient and modern Egyptian (Kmemou).

Wally Site Click Here

Posts: 567 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is AMR1 even black? I doubt it, so who the hell is he to speak about concepts of blackness?
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:
Is AMR1 even black? I doubt it, so who the hell is he to speak about concepts of blackness?

Maybe he is black and just in denial. Pls clarify for us AMR1. Thanking you in advance.
Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

^From the photos he posted here in the past, Amr1 would definitely be considered 'black' in the U.S.
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Any links?

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Somewhere in the sands:
quote:
Originally posted by Ebony Allen:

Maybe he is black and just in denial. Pls clarify for us AMR1. Thanking you in advance.
I am not black, I am brown, if you wish to know. Ethnically consider myself an Egyptian, don't identify myself on colour black , brown or the continent africa.

Egyptians in ancient times or today never identify themselves based on colour, but Egypt or religion today unfortunately.

Plus Hawas is not Arab, he is light brown Egyptian like many Egyptians in ancient times and current times. He is an Arabized person, only the ones who live in Arabia are ethnically Arab.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Arabized, like YOU! LOL
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMR, who are you trying to fool?
WAY too many blacks in arab-controlled African nations (and don't get offended when I say the blacks in Sudan are black and not arab, because that's what they are!) have been mentally colonized by their invaders.

These people aren't arab, but somebody told them, "If any arab managed to force himself into your family tree at ANY point in all of history, then by the will of Allah, you are an arab and subject to our laws and our will!"

This is of course how the arabs wanted to change Africa, kind of like what that character Longshanks was advocating in the movie Braveheart. "If we can't force them out, we'll breed them out!"

Of course when these "arab" blacks try to date/marry/have sex with some real arab woman (someone with lighter skin, naturally) the arabs threaten their lives and make it known they better keep their distance or die. If AMR wants to lecture someone on not enforcing their color-coded view of the world on people, he should start with the arabs.

Sad that the fighting in Sudan shows there are many so confused to such a degernate degree that they're desperate not to be called black, or desperate to try to remove Africa from it's black identity.

Africa is a black nation, founded by blacks, made great by blacks and eventually invaded by whites and arabs. You can tell the folks there they aren't black, but your agenda is blatantly obvious.

Get over it.

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am not black, I am brown, if you wish to know
^ self hating 'arabised' Black man from Sudan, who lives in America where he is regarded as Black and has no Southern Sudanese to 'play his Arab fantasy' off against.

Hence, hates America for 'making him Black', which is really just a scapegoat for his self-hatred.

This is the only subject he ever posts on, and his singular purpose in being here is to share his misery.

All of these self-haters are have the same MO.

They are always angry at the world, and so match, need to make other people angry, in order to vent their own self hatred.

He will start a few attention getting threads repeating various boring anti-black rhetorics and then run along, though not back to Sudan, I think. [Cool]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly wonder why this forum has such a strong magnetic attractive effect on morons. AMR1, Marc Washington, Clyde Winters, White Nord, Evil Euro, Arrow99/Horemheb, xyyman, Perfect Egyptian...I want to sigh.

I really wish there was a much larger percentage of rational, knowledgeable posters here than we currently have. Maybe all the "race" talk scares away more "mainstream" people who dismiss us as a gaggle of Afrocentric or racist nuts.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7083 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMR1,

I am not going to "jump" on you. But, look at it this way....

I am African American. I am an American. My president is White. The governor of my state NY is White. my two senators are White. My city's mayor (NYC) is White. My congressman is White.
My country is founded on a European model. Our population is only 12-13% African American.

That's the way it is. For a long time, African Americans did not want to be called Black. Colored was the prefered term since we come in various shades. This is our reality. It has been a long process of self-understanding to reach the Afrian American identity.

I've been talking on EgyptSearch about Africa, Africa, Africa. The hard reality is that I'm the only person in my family into Africa and I do not discuss it offline much.

Egypt is considered a Black country by many around the world. Your president is a lightskinned Black man. Sadat was even darker.
South of you is Sudan (Nubia)
To our south is Mexico which is a Mestizo nation.

Culturally, I have more in common with a White Englishman than I do with an Egyptian. I am not Muslim. I have a European name not an Arabic one. You are far Blacker than me in all the ways that count.

I may never set my light brown fet on African soil. But, I am "Black". You have to come to terms with this reality.

-

-

Who is Black? It's a relative term, yet very real.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ You're right about one thing, Red,White, and Blue-- color concepts like black and white are relative which is exactly why Halle Berry (who is half white) would be seen as simply white in some other countries, especially in Africa by black Africans!

This is besides the point. The point is that we have self-hating Arabized Africans like AMR who have little to no white ancestry at all or are blacker than many African Americans, but hate to call themselves black!!

There is no need to bring in 'mixed-race' people like Halle Berry. The evidence is obvious, when again you have the (black) Janjaweed 'Arabs' who rape and murder their equally black Darfurian brethren!!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:

I honestly wonder why this forum has such a strong magnetic attractive effect on morons. AMR1, Marc Washington, Clyde Winters, White Nord, Evil Euro, Arrow99/Horemheb, xyyman, Perfect Egyptian...I want to sigh.

I really wish there was a much larger percentage of rational, knowledgeable posters here than we currently have. Maybe all the "race" talk scares away more "mainstream" people who dismiss us as a gaggle of Afrocentric or racist nuts.

Yes, I remember a time when I was still lurking on this forum (and it was a long while back) that this forum had a much greater number of topics and discussions on other aspects of ancient Egypt other than "race"! There were more discussions actual Egyptian history and the various dynasties and political conflicts. I imagine that once the race-baiters took over alot of them left and moved on to other forums like King Tut One.

[Embarrassed] And you know it would be a matter time that whenever there is a racial discussion on any forum or anywhere on the net, the more racist and the more nutty people gravitate like moths to a flame.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti,

Re Halle Berry---not automatic ethnic/racial designation. If HB were to appear in the street wearing African clothing and her hair natural in West Africa--especially in places like Senegal, Mali, Mauritania, Northern Nigeria--and, of course North Africa--she would not be taken for "white", i.e. European. She could be seen as Tuareg, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Lebanese(possibly).

The appraisal would be different though were she to be seen wearing Western clothing causal or otherwise.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgot to mention too that in South Africa, HB would be seen as "Coloured"--not strictly European.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

Djehuti,

Re Halle Berry---not automatic ethnic/racial designation. If HB were to appear in the street wearing African clothing and her hair natural in West Africa--especially in places like Senegal, Mali, Mauritania, Northern Nigeria--and, of course North Africa--she would not be taken for "white", i.e. European. She could be seen as Tuareg, Mauritanian, Moroccan, Lebanese(possibly).

The appraisal would be different though were she to be seen wearing Western clothing causal or otherwise.

It is not a matter of identifying her as 'European' but as 'white'. Of course if she were wearing African garb, how can she be identified as European?? My point was that in many parts of Africa, including Nigeria she would be called 'white'. I know a friend of mine who is 'bi-racial' (father-Nigerian/mother-white), and when she visited there she was called 'whitey' by the people!

You seem to be applying American concepts of 'race' to non-American societies. In predominantly white America the so-called "one-drop" rule was created by whites to preserve a false sense of racial purity. Of course in predominantly black Africa, it was the opposite.
quote:
Forgot to mention too that in South Africa, HB would be seen as "Coloured"--not strictly European.
Of course, but that is a category again created by the white colonists.

You are missing the points entirely and they are:
  • racial and color constructs created by foreign non-Africans imposed upon Africans, and,,,
  • self-hatred due to cultural brainwashing by these foreigners

Hence, the vast majority of Sudanese have no white ancestry at all and very few have actual Arab ancestry yet they claim Arab descent and would rather call themselves outlandish colors like "green" and "blue" than the more obvious black!

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

^ Halle Berry is perhaps the ultimate ideal of beauty (next to Arab women) for Arab-head northern Sudanese. But let's face it, not many northern Sudanese women look like that. [Embarrassed]

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
T-REX,

Your concerns seem not to be aware that we live in a world that is very racially charged especially when it comes Africa and those of African phenotype(aka "black" in the West). It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.

As an example: I have been reading blog sites on F1 motor racing since the publicity concerning Lewis Hamilton of Britain began winning races as a rookie driver for MacLaren.

Hamilton has a "white" mother and a "black" father but looks just like a lighter version of his father. Not so surprisingly "race" has entered the blog
sites. Sometimes very blatantly[ he has been called "Conguito" and recommended that he "Go back to Africa"] but most of the time very indirectly.

The point is that the African phenotype whether in history or in our times seems to create discomfort for many people--especially when it is associated with things seen as positive.

So it is with Ancient Egypt. Just as in the past--during the early days of Egyptology--and today discussions of AE are fraught with "race talk". You just can't avoid it. It's like athletic performance and steroids; it's there.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Djehuti,

You have not followed what I wrote. First, note the countries I mentioned. I mentioned Nigeria--but Northern Nigeria. I speak from knowing these situations first hand.

You anecdote about Nigeria is vague. Was the term "whitey" the actual term used or was it in one of the Southern languages like Yoruba or Ibo. Most likely it would be in a local language[and the terms for "white" are often terms for "foreigner"] unless the individual you mentioned moved in those groups of preople who have lived in Europe or America and socialise mainly among themselves.

Again note that I am talking only about the visual not about what people who know each other say to each other.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More accurately;

A certain Arabized Sudanese poster should not push Arabized-Sudanese concepts of color on Kemet, nor any other Africans, nor any sane present-day Africans for that matter.

Sad, yet hilarious AMR1 is back, and at it again.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sportbilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyrann0saurus:
[QB] I honestly wonder why this forum has such a strong magnetic attractive effect on morons. [QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been wondering that too, especially the ones who act like smart-alecks, talking as if they've got all the sense. Some folks, espeically the ones who act like high-minded elightened types (though only on the issue of race) must live on a steady diet of idiot pills, given their adle-brained statements.

Place attracts self-important morons (who have the nerve to call others "morons") like a cow-patty attracts flies.

Posts: 248 | From: Way Down South | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, you just got told by like three Africans. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:
More accurately;

A certain Arabized Sudanese poster should not push Arabized-Sudanese concepts of color on Kemet, nor any other Africans, nor any sane present-day Africans for that matter.

very strange, you are talking about our ancestors all day, i am not the one talking about yours. our ancestors like me does not identify themselves on colour but his association with the land of egypt or nubia.

our ancestors like us today were not from a pure race, never was the lower nile area of a pure race.

AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Today

This is so called Arabic nationalism doesnot exist any more in the so called Arab world.

There is two ways to identify yourself

Country

and religion.

Colour identification of different persons, does not exist.

In Sub sahara africa, other source of identification, tribal. In Darfur what is happening is tribal issues, it has nothing to do with colour, but different tribal affiliation. It just happened that some tribes there have arab blood and some don't but as every one knows , both are black. Whatever differences they have arab or not, it will be used to show their differences.

I hope you understood what I am trying to explain.

AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Another assumptions that bother me as an Egyptian.

(I hold both Sudanese and Egyptian passport. I am ethnically an Upper Egyptian.I no longer live in America, thank God).

America's Bush is not a great country in my view, and will continue to exist after Bush, but this is another subject.

Many assumptions by african americans are false.

No one knows 100% what were the ancient Egyptians ethnically?

We know they were from light brown to reddish brown people. Their neighbours to the South were brown.

Also that anceint Egyptians are better represented by North Sudanese or Ethiopians is not accurate. North Sudanese had been mixed by many west africans in the last 1200 years moving east for trade with the ME during the great west african Islamic kingdoms and following its collpase

Ethiopians had mixed extensively with Southern Arabians during 300 AD-1900AD and Muslim West Africans, who were the greatest Africans between 1000-1600 AD and their trade and migrations moved West-East during these times.

Another assumption is that Ancient Egyptians are gone

Another assumption that the almost white Egyptians have nothing to do with ancient Egypt. That is wrong there is no Egyptian regradless of his white colour who does not have non white in him. But the white in some families conquer the black influence, if the family tend to marry more into white families.

Regards,

--------------------
Regards,

AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
another major assumption by African Americans and I like to add West Africans, you will never find an afro centric from East Africa, they are always from West africa. I won't explain why is that here.

Another major assumption in a world that its first humans moved out of Africa, mainly through Egypt and some came back to it tens of thousand years later, before written history, also through Egypt, that ancient Egypt was a pure race unlike its present times.

Regards,

Amr

--------------------
Regards,

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker {What Box}:

And ranting to himself at this point. rotfl! [Big Grin]
sportbilly
Member # 14122

Rate Member
AMR1 Writes:
"our ancestors like me does not identify themselves on colour"

"Our ancestors?" I didn't know you went and bought them. Can I come to your house and visit them sometime?
And it's bad enough that you try to rob the living of their heritage, now you do it to the dead as well?
The ancient Egyptians identified themselves as Kemet, which means "Land of Blacks," it can mean nothing else. Sudan's original name was also along the same lines. Ethiopia means, "Sun-scorched people."
Yeah, that sure sounds like some folks who didn't want to be identified by color.
The Egyptians, Sudanese and Ethiopians of antiquity, and their progeny who have not been mentally colonized, knew/know who they were and reveled in it. Their black skin was a blessing that they were never ashamed of, and their descendants still aren't. If they heard any black person saying, "I'm not black!" It would sound as strange to them as someone saying, "The Nile River isn't wet," or "The sun out here isn't hot."
It would be an idiotic denial of reality. Because it is.
This has always been the names and identities of these places, until Islamic fundmentalists invaded and made it their mission to replace the black identity with an arab one. That started with changing the religion of the people they conquered (which ALWAYS involved a changing of their names, from African to arab), then changing the names of the places they captured.

And since blacks from that time on were catching hell all over the world it was overwhelmingly tempting when the conquerors held out the carrot and said, "Hey, you don't HAVE to be black and put up with the grief we're putting the 'other' blacks through --well, you won't have to put up with ALL of that grief anyway, because we're still going to persecute you anyway-- just play up any arab ancestry you might happen to have, but be careful to ignore that ugly, black ancestry!"
And like good little slaves these self-hating blacks (oops, I mean self-loathing "blended" dark-skinned arabs) now pretend they are not, and never have been, what they clearly are --black!
And they hate black people in America, Britain, the caribbean and now West Africa, for "forcing" them to be black, when in their minds (such as they are) they're simply a darker shade of white.
Look, the arabs and the whites are not fooled what color you are. You make yourself into "a useful idiot" (as another racist, Josef Stalin, once said) for the purposes of those who have stolen Africa's land and identity and hope to hold both in perpetutity by playing fools like you off against other blacks. It's called Divide and Conquer and it's how ruling minorities dominate a larger, stronger group --turn them against each other by favoring one faction of the enemy over the other. Then watch as the hand-picked "favored ones" fall all over themselves to show they hate their own people more than the conquerors do.
It's a very old game, but ruling elites do it because it works.
Of course they couldn't do it at all without your help.

AMR Writes:
"In Darfur what is happening is tribal issues, it has nothing to do with colour, but different tribal affiliation."

Yeah, and the happy coincidence for the arabs (oops, I mean black-skinned arab wannabes) is that the "black" Africans just so happen to always be the tribe they're trying to wipe out. And have been doing so for five-hundred years and counting.

Wow! Are these the flip-flops these people have to go through in order to convince themselves they're not black?

Is being trampled under the feet of the arabs such a grand feeling that they'll throw all sanity out the window just so the very people who disenfranchised them in the first place will not cal them a black so-and-so, at least not to their faces?

AMR1 Writes:
"another major assumption by African Americans and I like to add West Africans, you will never find an afro centric from East Africa, they are always from West africa."

Maybe because West Africans are better acquainted with their own history and have embraced it, whereas you're trying to be some kind of black-skinned arab, whom neither the blacks nor arabs want, so you're also trying to be a "blended" ethnicity and claiming "your ancestors" (who really don't belong to you, which is a relief to them, no doubt) have always been so!
And you wonder why the world is laughing at you.

rasol
Member # 4592

Amr1 writes:

quote:
I am not black, I am brown
Amr1 writes:
quote:
our ancestors like me does not identify themselves on colour.
^ [Eek!]

Actually, LIKE YOU they *did* identify themselves on colour.

They identified themselves as Blacks.

You identify yourself as brown. [disclaimer notwithstanding]

[Redacted per request - Henu]

Your concept of brown is simply the colour-struck ideology of a self hating black man in denial -> but it's colour-struck nontheless.

Need a hug? [Big Grin]

[ 19. October 2007, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Henu ]

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
I apologize to the veterans on this forum for posting information that they're already familiar with, but I feel it's necessary for the newbies who come here frequently and with confused or distorted notions regarding the Ancient Egyptians, and who come with the following delusions:

Self-delusion
A recent post started out with "Some claim that Kemet means black people". The key word in this first statement is "claim" which is a synonym for "believe", which seeks to place a human language in the same category as religion. You can believe in or not believe in God, that's one thing; but you don't believe that "veni" in Latin means "I came"; you either KNOW or you don't.
However, this delusion leads to one that has been fabricated by the distorters of Egyptology.

Assisted delusion
"The Egyptians called their country "Kmt" or "Kemet" which means "Black" after the color of the soil."
This is simply an absolute lie. There is nothing in the grammar, even if one were to use an electron microscope to search for an example that the soil or earth had any connection with the use of this word. The only references to the soil in the names of Ancient Egypt were the names "TaMeri and TaMere"; "Ta" meaning "earth, land, etc."
This mantra is almost always repeated to "inform" the reader of why the word "Black" for Egypt and Egyptians was used, and probably using the age old philosophy that if you repeat a lie often enough, and long enough, it soon becomes accepted as the truth. NOT if one knows better...

KEMET

A comprehensive list of the structure and usages of perhaps the most significant word in the Ancient Egyptian language. All of these words can be found in "An Egyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary" by E. A. Wallis Budge, Dover, NY

Used as an adjective

kem;kemem;kemom - black
kemu - black (m)
keme.t - black (f)
hime.t keme.t - "black woman" (woman of Black)
himu.t keme.t - "black women" (women of Black)

Used as a noun

keme.t - any black person, place, or thing

A determinative is then used to be more specific:

keme.t (woman) - "the Black woman"; ie, 'divine woman'
keme.t (cow) - "a Black cow" - ie, a 'sacred cow'
Keme.t (nation) - "the Black nation"

kem - a black one (m)
keme.t - a black one (f)
kemu - black ones (m)
kemu.t - black ones (f)
kemeti - two black ones

Used for Nationality

Sa Kemet - a man of Black (an Egyptian male)
Sa.t Kemet - a woman of Black (an Egyptian female)
Rome.t Kemet - the people of Black (Egyptians)
Kemetou - Blacks (ie, 'citizens')
Kememou - Black people (of the Black nation)

Other usages

Sa Kem - "Black man", a god, and son of
Sa.t Kem.t - "Black woman", a goddess (page 589b)
kem (papyrus) - to end, complete
kem.t (papyrus) - the end, completion
kemi - finished products
kem khet (stick) - jet black
kemwer - any Egyptian person, place or thing ('to be black' + 'to be great')

Kemwer - "The Great Black" - a title of Osiris - the Ancestor of the race

Kemwer (body of water) - "the Great Black sea" - the Red sea
Kemwer (body of water + river bank) - a lake in the Duat (the OtherWorld)
Kemwer Nteri - "the sacred great Black bulls"
kemwer (fortress) - a fort or town
Kemwer (water) - the god of the great Black lake

Kem Amut - a black animal goddess
Kemi.t-Weri.t - "the great Black woman", a goddess
Kem-Neb-Mesen.t - a lion god
Kem ho - "black face", a title of the crocodile Rerek
kem; kemu (shield) - buckler, shield
kem (wood) - black wood
kem.t (stone) - black stone or powder
kem.tt (plant) - a plant
kemu (seed) - seeds or fruit of the kem plant
kemti - "black image", sacred image or statue

Using the causative "S"

S_kemi - white haired, grey-headed man (ie, to have lost blackness)
S_kemkem - to destroy, overthrow, annihilate
S_kemem - to blacken, to defile

Antonyms

S_desher - to redden, make ruddy
S_desheru - red things, bloody wounds

Some interesting Homonyms (pages 770 > )

qem - to behave in a seemly manner
Qemi - the south, Upper Egypt
qem.t - reed, papyrus
qemaa - to throw a boomerang
qem_au - to overthrow
qemam.t - mother, parent
qemamu - workers (in metal, wood)
qemqem - tambourines
qemd - to weep
qemati - statue, image - same as kemti
qema - to create
qemaiu - created beings
Qemau;Qemamu - The Creator

Deshret - the opposite of Kemet

deshr.t - any red (ie, non-Black) person, place, or thing
deshr.t (woman) - "the Red woman"; ie, 'evil woman'
deshr.t (cow) - "a Red cow" - ie, the 'devil's cow'
deshr - a red one (m)
deshr.t - a red one (f)
deshru - red ones (m)
deshru.t - red ones (f) -- White or light-skinned people; devils
deshreti - two red ones

Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Many assumptions by african americans are false.

No one knows 100% what were the ancient Egyptians ethnically?

Wrong! Most sensible people actually are 100% sure that they were Nile valley/Northeast Africans who spoke Afrasian, a tongue common to many other northeast, central, Saharan, and East Africans.

quote:
We know they were from light brown to reddish brown people. Their neighbours to the South were brown.
This is nonsense and you strike me as another one of those "brown supremacists", like Jamie. How you'd come to such a conclusion is beyond me, but the vast majority of tomb paintings, especially during the Armana period where realism began to be preferred over convention, the Egyptians depicted themselves as dark brown, with a reddish tinge. Zahi Hawass is light brown and does not have a complexion which matches the majority of tomb scenes, yet many upper Egyptians (who are dark brown) indeed do. In addition, no ancient historians have ever described them in this way, since many of the earliest accounts described them as black and woolly haired (Herodotus and Aristotle). Even some much later writers who related them to Indians never described them in this fashion, merely referring to them as "less sun burnt", or "medium", but never light brown. Even later, Ammianus Marcellinus describes them as brown/black and skinny/dessicated, and Al-Jahiz even later describes them as "a black race". Compared to some southern Sudanese, many Somali and Ethiopians can be described as Medium or black, depending on comparison, or they can have "Indian-like" features, which really subsumes the elongated morphology in east Africa, though may be seen as distinct from some Aithiopians.

quote:
Also that anceint Egyptians are better represented by North Sudanese or Ethiopians is not accurate. North Sudanese had been mixed by many west africans in the last 1200 years moving east for trade with the ME during the great west african Islamic kingdoms and following its collpase
Please provide evidence that Northern Sudanese of today are any different or "less African" than the Northern Sudanese of yesterday. By all indication, the northern Sudanese had always been the most closely related to ancient Egyptians, especially in the south. (click here)

quote:
Ethiopians had mixed extensively with Southern Arabians during 300 AD-1900AD
Wrong! Where do you get these arbitrary figures from? Around 300 AD, I believe parts of South Arabia, namely Yemen was a vassal state of Askum that had no more or less influence than did Meroe or the other conquered kingdoms. The admixture which did take place, took place over thousands of years, not over the past 1700 years! (click here)

quote:
and Muslim West Africans, who were the greatest Africans between 1000-1600 AD and their trade and migrations moved West-East during these times.
1) Actually, most morphological studies on early ancient Egyptians found them to be most similar to Somali people and lower Sudanese..

2) I'm sure that medieval west Africans would indeed be flattered by you referring to them as 'the greatest Africans" at that time period, but that is both subjective, untrue, and insulting to the other great african peoples like the Swahili, Shona, etc..

3) Please cite historical and archaeological evidence which supports your claim.

4) Please cite genetic evidence which supports your claim

quote:
Another assumption is that Ancient Egyptians are gone
They are, but this is not to say that they don't have descendants.

quote:
Another assumption that the almost white Egyptians have nothing to do with ancient Egypt.
Actually, that is a fact since white people are not indigenous to the Nile valley, from whence Egypt was initially peopled..

quote:
That is wrong there is no Egyptian regradless of his white colour who does not have non white in him. But the white in some families conquer the black influence, if the family tend to marry more into white families.
The so-called "white" families are in all likely hood descended from Greek, Persian, Arab, and/or Asiatic settlers who have made Egypt their home in the past several centuries to couple thousand years.. There is certainly no trace of any "white" people involved with the polities of pharaonic Egypt. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Masonic Rebel
Member # 9549

AMR 1
quote:
This is so called Arabic nationalism doesnot exist any more in the so called Arab world
Yet Ancient Kemet is Called “ The Arab Republic of Egypt

Although scientifically Kemet is in Africa and the direct descendants of the Ancient Egyptians who portrayed themselves as Black (Kem) on the temple walls are still living there.

-

quote:
Another assumption that the almost white Egyptians have nothing to do with ancient Egypt
 -

It's not an "assumption' white people didn't have anything to do with Anicent Kemet

It's A Fact and you are going have to deal with it.

welcome back [Cool]

Henu
Member # 13490

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

[Redacted per request - Henu]

Please avoid insults like these. I let a couple of the less severe ones that actually had legitimate criticisms behind them (but arranged in such a way as to insult) slide because I assumed they would pass, but unwarranted characterisations like these aren't permissable. Neither are the other kinds (e.g. repeated references to self-hating, being brain-washed, etc.) now that I've seen that they will escalate. You can still criticize him, just present your case without insulting.
Posts: 113 | From: Dayr al-Barsha | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

^ Fair enough, please delete the offending post.

Thanks.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com