EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT interesting info on African Judaism

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT interesting info on African Judaism
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhmlGEnuoM&mode=related&search=
Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting!

--------------------
The one who built them!

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and false.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The part about Ashkenazim is not false.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Genetic studies don't support it Yonis, no matter how much you want it to be true. I'm not saying that today's Ashkenazim are pure, since they certainly have a lot of Western blood, but they are for the large part indeed descendents of ancient Levantines.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Genetic study written by Ashkenazi jews themselves, that thing might as well have been written by the israeli ministry of information.

Ps. I personally don't care about who the ancient hebrews/israeli were, but one thing is for sure, that the Ashkenazim are descendants of turkic people from the central asian steppes and don't belong to the so-called ten lost tribes of israel as the Mizrahi and Sephardic jews do.

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I believe Yonis is referring to the study that showed Ashkenazi males to predominantly possess R1a lineages.

It was posted on this board before. If only I had the time to find it (or a search engine).

Posts: 26412 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kemson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the video again and I feel most parts of what is revealed in the video seems true. And key move here? Their objections are backed with demonstrated sources!!!

Now this dude decides to add insult to injury: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7021Qqy-WA

Posts: 179 | From: United States | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ That's because we don't have any evidence of the Exodus. Not that the story itself was based upon somekind of true historical event, as most religious myths are.

We know that there was a community of Aamu (Asiatic) people in the eastern Delta who worked as servants or slaves. There is a theory among some scholars that the Exodus may have been based on a small group of Hebrew laborers who either left the country voluntarily or were deported.

Posts: 26412 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
Genetic studies don't support it Yonis, no matter how much you want it to be true. I'm not saying that today's Ashkenazim are pure, since they certainly have a lot of Western blood, but they are for the large part indeed descendents of ancient Levantines.

Can you cite said genetic studies?
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kemson
Member # 12850

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^ That's because we don't have any evidence of the Exodus. Not that the story itself was based upon somekind of true historical event, as most religious myths are.

We know that there was a community of Aamu (Asiatic) people in the eastern Delta who worked as servants or slaves. There is a theory among some scholars that the Exodus may have been based on a small group of Hebrew laborers who either left the country voluntarily or were deported.

Judging from all the information I've gathered over the years and from many interpretations, Ancient Kemet seemed to have been a very proud society and didn't seem to go out of their way and make people into slaves. In my interpretation, seems that most of military engagement was played from a defensive point as oppose to being an initiator with other races except for Nubia/Meroe/whatever Ancient Sudan was back then, which happen be of the same race as Ancient Kemetians with both taking turns ruling each other and bickering with each other perhaps for thousands of years.

Foreigners seen in scenes of Ancient Kemet's bas-reliefs, paintings, watermarks…etc, normally showed prisoners of war and people of other nations who willingly, as a requirement of approach or not, offered lavish gifts to the Pharaohs including maids (daughters, wives) and not forced slavery leading to an Exodus as deceivers of history would want us to believe.

Finally, I believe generals and other important high officials from other nations captured in war were killed and used as sacrifices in ritual offerings to Ancient Kemetian Gods as Ancient Kemetians themselves were very direct at depicting this in their art of writings (ex: Narmer’s Tablet). Observing this fact, we can conclude they were a people who made their point without confusion. Therefore, if they didn't record any kind of Exodus and other nations back then didn't record any kind of Exodus, to the point where archeologists and other specialized scientists have found nothing as evidence of an Exodus, it is safe to say that there was no Exodus (or at least the kind invented by an ill minded few) and like other mythical stories, it is just that, a myth.

The idea that “there is a theory among some scholars” of an Exodus taking place with “small group of Hebrew laborers who either left the country voluntarily or were deported”, involving some “Asiatic people”, doesn’t hold up much air under current intellectual circumstances and atmosphere especially in the face of concluded and ongoing science.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com