EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ancient Egypt Religion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ancient Egypt Religion
Inmybackgarden.
Member # 13388

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inmybackgarden.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian religion — one of most ancient on the Earth. During long time Ancient Egypt was a powerful hearth of the highest spiritual culture of mankind. Ancient Egyptians were the successors of God's Doctrine of Ancient Atlanteans. And also Ancient Egypt civilization was lost for the same reasons, as civilization of Atlanteans.Today Egypt is Muslim country with mystic Sufi schools present.
Posts: 53 | From: Daffodill land entering Egypt | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Okay, you have finally lost your privilege to be taken seriously with all this "Atlantean" stuff. You do realize that there is no evidence for the existence of an Atlantis. At least not one of some super-advanced civilization that pre-dates Egypt.
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inmybackgarden.
Member # 13388

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inmybackgarden.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^Okay, you have finally lost your privilege to be taken seriously with all this "Atlantean" stuff. You do realize that there is no evidence for the existence of an Atlantis. At least not one of some super-advanced civilization that pre-dates Egypt.

May i ask to what you want me to be or to earn my privilege here .I haven't come here to be taken seriously but to learn and see what others like yourself can offer in my understanding better .I havent said as such that i beleive the Alanteans to be true some say the earth has a elephant holding it up but do
we take them seriously NO some of us don't .
i came here to learn a little more and i likes what i did .You on the other hand seem to take it as offence .May be im belive we could all beleive in a little Alantis from time to time .I could learn even a little from you .
FRIENDS.

Posts: 53 | From: Daffodill land entering Egypt | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What evidence do we have that Atlantis exists?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps the problem is in the name 'Atlantis'.

quote:
Originally posted by Inmybackgarden:
Ancient Egyptians were the successors of God's Doctrine of Ancient Atlanteans

Could there be a 'place' (perhaps in the Sahara [Big Grin] ) where Ancient Egyptians did recieve their initiation?

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Djehuti, you don't have to attack people because because of beliefs you deem as improbable. You should simply apply logic and explain to them why said beliefs are improbable. Although I don't believe in the Atlantean theory, people are entitled to this theory but should validate it with some evidence.

What we know of ancient Egyptian spirtuality is based on rather scarce evidence. We really donot have much reliable documentation which leads to abuse by all scholars. If the western Egyptologist is correct then ancient Egypt was a elitist society where the commoner rarely were invovled in matters of the temple. Is the following the truth or fiction. We don't really know nor can we truly claim anything definitive without evidence.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think when a new person comes here they should
just be welcomed and made to feel comfortable
instead of being immediately jumped on.

Believe it or not some folks don't know much, or
are innocently sharing what they do know from the
mainstream, or have alternate takes on reality.
It's all good.

Let's just teache them what we know without bad
mouthing or judging them. We don't know what
potential lies in any individual. With the right
cultivation there's no telling where one can go
once grounded in our interpretations.

Who knows we may've already shied away someone
on to a path to producing documentaries or some
other wide ranging medium, or someone entering
the fields of archaeology, anthropology, genetics,
etc., who'd have a eye for the things we bring out
and who'd take to the elite academic level it needs
to reach in order to become the reigning mainstream
model.

Agenda bearers will make themselves recognized
because they won't be able to hide it for long.

We just need to be more respectful in general
and apply the tolerance to others we expect
for ourselves.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nay-Sayer
Member # 10566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nay-Sayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Is that a kinder, gentler alTakruri? [Wink]
Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i actually think that the ancient egyptians came from space. lol really!!
how is it that they had more knowledge of how the world worked and of all the heavens and stuff without any technology whatsoever. they even constructed things that last forever. these days, even with all the tech we got, we cant build a sturdy building for crap.

i wish i lived back then...i mean, they invented beer and crack! looool

Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The reason why it seems like they came from space is because the history of human development towards civilization stretches back long before there was an Egypt. Then, when Egypt did arise, they had 3,000 years (at least) of continuous history and development. 3,000 years is a long time to learn all the math and science that we consider as "amazing" or "advanced", yet consider that so-called "modern" math and science is only 2,000 years old, going back to the Greeks, which itself is a result of knowledge collected from thousands of years before that. Likewise, it has only been in the last 400 years that applications of such mathematics produced the tremendous leap in technological innovation we see in terms of technology and industry.

People must not forget, however, that man has been around for more than 60,000 years and the details of much of that history is lost. Likewise,cars, planes, computers and other such devices are something that man has NOT had or needed for MOST of their existence to produce works of art and architecture that are seemingly "from space". This just goes to show how little we actually know about human history from 4,000 years or more ago. Actually, some would say that modern math is only derived from the fragments of what survived from a larger body of collected knowledge from thousands of years ago. Everything must be kept in perspective and many things have been lost, only to be rediscovered. Unfortunately, ancient kingdoms didnt have memory sticks to dump the collective knowledge they accumulated over thousands of years on, to pass onto us. And if they did, it would not have survived anyway.

As a matter of fact, there is no guarantee that our so-called advanced civilization will survive another 3,000 years, given the rate at which we are destroying the environment. Modern technology is not necessarily the ultimate in human existence as humans live on nature, not technology.

Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Ausar, and I especially apologize to you, Inmybackgarden. I never meant to sound so rude about it, but I am very weary of the pseudo-scientific theories regarding ancient history and cultures. The Atlantis is a common one.

I do believe if an Atlantis does exist, it is probably a civilization located somewhere in the Mediterranean. Many scholars think it was situated somewhere between Crete and the Cyclades as evidence of an advanced culture there in that area is surfacing. However I am against the belief that Atlantean civilization had things like flying vehicles and space-age techonology LOL. Unless we have evidence of it, I don't buy it.

Meanwhile if you want to discuss actual Egyptian religion we have plent yof it take your pick:
  • polytheism or pantheism
  • ancestor veneration
  • divine kingship
  • the power of words both spoken and written
  • the practice of magic (voodoo)
  • religious festivals
  • priesthood
  • other religious customs

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SEEKING
Member # 10105

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEEKING     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am interested in the practice of magic (voodoo).

How and why did come into being?

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inmybackgarden.
Member # 13388

Member Rated:
Im always weary its second nature and apology accepted .Egyptians im sure have more to history than or maybe what we have written or evidence given to us Im feel they were further a field at some point more than Africa .I do belive in other cultures being adopted into the Egyptians culture as well,but mainly important do i believe in ATLANTIS combining with EGYPTIANS ???well i grew up with stories of them and actually learned history of them to which we now says cannot be proven ,so what was i really learning about how did they come about .Im never had a answer from any teacher or anyother forum .Would love a great reply please and not aggression not my style .

--------------------
Among the flower beds of waterlillys

Inmybackgarden.
Member # 13388

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:

To which area are you seeking and if your interested just link up here
http://www.swagga.com/voodoo.htm

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^We have no evidence for the existence of Atlantis and it would be pseudo-scientific to claim otherwise.
quote:
Originally posted by SEEKING:

Judging by the ancient Kemetian texts, as well as modern day practices in Africa, magic was thought of as a basic power all living beings with spirits are capable of. It was just a basic spiritual belief common to many Africans. Because this belief is rooted in cultures from Egypt to West Africa and other corners of Africa, it is a belief that may have existed since before the development of these various cultures and perhaps since humanity.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Does the use of the blue lotus plant relate to voodoo/BlackMagik?

-

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It relates to Heka or the "life force" which the Egyptians considered "magical" in nature. The blue lotus was a symbol of Ra, because it had a yellow center and Ra, as well as other dieties, were sometimes depicted rising out of Lotus flowers.
Posts: 8890 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^Thanks Doug. I was thinking of trying some, perhaps it has something to teach young horus [Smile]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Young H*O*R*U*S:

^Does the use of the blue lotus plant relate to voodoo/BlackMagik?

"Black magic" is a European phrase for bad or evil magic. This goes counter to the Egyptian view that black is good or positive.
queen of the nile
Member # 13454

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for queen of the nile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanxx this is really interesting topic
Posts: 2 | From: EGYPT | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
 -

^ The figures on poles that Ausar (Osiris) stands between are strikingly similar to others some peoples in West Africa have as pointed out by Diop. These figures were dubbed "fetish" items by Europeans but were used for religious purposes.

Does anyone remember what these figures were? Cuz I forgot.

Inmybackgarden.
Member # 13388

Member Rated:
 -
I came across this .Whats it mean ??

But to the picture above in some African Ancient rituals i heard that two pillars beside you on either side was to raise the dead quote me im wrong on this area if its not to do with Egypt only ..

--------------------
Among the flower beds of waterlillys

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com