EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » African glottogenesis pre-dating 100,000 years ago?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: African glottogenesis pre-dating 100,000 years ago?
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world's languages appear to have been born in Africa at least from 100,000 years ago?

-

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read the photoshop, but, yeah...all the population of the world lived in Africa until 60-80 thousand years ago, so all the languages and cultures of the world ultimately have and African origin.

This is the basis of the concept of African Eve.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
I didn't read the photoshop, but, yeah...all the population of the world lived in Africa until 60-80 thousand years ago, so all the languages and cultures of the world ultimately have and African origin.

Evergreen Writes:

I concur with your photoshop statement. However, an interesting premise would be the investigation of a Nilo-Saharan/Niger-Congo/Afro-Asiatic macro-phylum. I am uncertain of the possibility of reconstructing back to this time-depth, but it would of of interest given the common male lineage within these language families.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen:
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

Evergreen Writes:

I concur with your photoshop statement. However, an interesting premise would be the investigation of a Nilo-Saharan/Niger-Congo/Afro-Asiatic macro-phylum. I am uncertain of the possibility of reconstructing back to this time-depth, but it would of of interest given the common male lineage within these language families.

Agreed.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marc Washington   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not pretending, in what follows, to be anybody's expert on languages. Someone with any facility in the area can tear the details apart. The main point I'd like to make is that I feel that the time may come when today's languages can be shown to be derivative from Click Language. The poorly stated attempt to state that follows:

If Click language, born in Africa, is the root of all languages, I believe that the time will come when (to choose a few world languages) that present languages might be shown to be derivative from it. This includes, in Africa, ancient Egyptian and also Niger-Congo. And in Eurasia, would be the source from which the Uralic and its sub-family Finn-Ugrik and Basque come from; and Turkic families and Chinese as well, might be shown to be derivative from it.

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marc Washington
Member # 10979

Member Rated:
So, in me saying the above, if Evergreen (three posts back) is stating that the said languages might arise from Click (and I'm not trying to put words in his mouth - if I misinterpreted it, blast me away and I deserve it) I'd agree with him. If I had to re-write the last post again (right above this one), I'd say I believe ancient Egyptian and the Nilo-Saharan/Niger-Congo/Afro-Asiatic macro-phylum may one day be shown to be derivative from Click Language (in addition to the Eurasian ones mentioned). And, yes, going back 100,000 years (though today's Click Languages contain but a snapshot of the way they were back then) makes it all but impossible to show connections to today's languages. But, I think it will one day be shown that they do.

--------------------
The nature of homelife is the fate of the nation.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com