EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » The Name of This Forum is "Ancient Egypt and Egyptology"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Name of This Forum is "Ancient Egypt and Egyptology"
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

quote:

I am very disgusted by the way Abaza,Horemheb, EvilEuro, and their ilk have dictated the direction of the message board and they have dictated (the) topic of discussion while people who should know better have fallen right into their reactionary distraction trap. How easily we can be lead off track in (a) futile effort to prove the obvious to those who care not for the facts anyway

Perhaps brother alTakruri was too subtle.

1) Abaza, Ayazid, and his fellow ideologues could care less about Ancient Egypt or the Ancient Egyptians; as far as they're concerned the Pharaohs could resemble the Ituri pygmies of the Congo; what is important to them is that people who look like them (you) are not in control of Egypt today! Ayazid has even 'entertained' us with his photos and has shown us whom he regards as true Egyptians, it's irrelevant that they're a minority, he knows this! But they're the ruling minority! (Re-read their posts, if you need to be reminded.)

The Arabs have so finessed their brand of colonialism that most Africans think that the formal liberation of Africa from foreign rule ended with the end of Apartheid! Although I doubt, for example, you could convince the Berbers of Algeria of that. People on this board discuss modern Egypt and its population as if it isn't a foreign settler colony, has been for centuries now. No one seemed to have drawn the parallel of Egypt's population as described by Kem-Au; 75% black, etc. with that of South Africa's. It's virtually the same distribution of native Africans to foreign settlers. The Arab 'assimilado' method of rule is more subtle and sophisticated, obviously.

2)Horemhab's (and EvilEuro) interest here is similar, and as blatant as was direct European colonialism in Africa; less sophisticated than that of the Arabs. He talks of the reality of European economic and political hegemony; of Machiavelli; of the politics of power. He too, is not that interested in Ancient Egypt. His only interest here is that knowledge of it may trigger a revolutionary re-awakening of Africans; a renaissance that might trigger a movement that would challenge this hegemony, that's all...

South Africa ultimately, was not liberated by debating the contributions of the Zulu or Matabele peoples to civilization. It was, however, a part of that process.

My personal opinion is that this political discussion is best suited to another forum and that we should return to the discussion of "Ancient Egypt and Egyptology"...

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horemheb
Member # 3361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horemheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally, give me a break...what a load of garbage. All you are interested in is race and you come to the conversation with about half of the education you need to carry on an reasonable conversation. That you have the nerve to be critical of other after all the Afrocentric crap you put out is amazing.
Posts: 5822 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
m2c:

The best recommendation was offered by Kemau which is to not open troller threads.

Of course that will not stop the troller's from spamming other threads, which is what they will do when frustrated and which has already happened to this thread, for example. [typical]

Egyptsearch is what it is. It has zero security effectively. This is not MENSA, it's a street fight, and I noticed this long before I registered a username here. It is simply not for everyone.

There are other more disciplined and serious environments, even on the web, for discussion of AE.

For many, [such as alTakruri?] the forum is in fact probably beneath them and not worth the effort of wading thru the nonsense.

I don't blame them one bit for not putting up with it.

However the only constructive approach, meaning something that is of benefit to others - is to set an example, by posting on topic, addressing the issue, answering and aksing relevant questions. Not posting is... not helpful.

Finally - complaint threads, no matter how correct and well intended, simply encourage trollers.

This thread is case in point - it encouraged a troll response.

Misery loves company and trollers want nothing more than to make you as bitter as they are.

The above goes double for complaints filed by persons who no longer post here, and who have in effect been chased away by the trollers.

You can't stop trollers by simply refusing to post. Some of the worst troll threads in Egyptsearch history go on and on, until someone...say Ausar for example, finally says something 'intelligent' and brings the avalanche of ignorance to a 'temporary' halt.

Otherwise troll posters simply bait the more innocent and less informed, or maybe just the less cynical who can't smell a rotten post even before the submit reply button is clicked.

The point is Bully's do not go away if you ignore them, and they don't go away if you complain about them.

You have to actively, tactically and selectively counter the bad with the good.

Then and only then do trollers become irrelevant, because you share good information, teach and learn regardless of what 'they' do.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want you guys to know that more than 1 million whites left south africa so the black population will be 81 to maybe 82% by now.

you are right about egypt today,many of them are outsiders.

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am very disgusted by the way Abaza,Horemheb, EvilEuro, and their ilk have dictated the direction of the message board and they have dictated (the) topic of discussion while people who should know better have fallen right into their reactionary distraction trap. How easily we can be lead off track in (a) futile effort to prove the obvious to those who care not for the facts anyway

Perhaps brother alTakruri was too subtle.

1) Abaza, Ayazid, and his fellow ideologues could care less about Ancient Egypt or the Ancient Egyptians; as far as they're concerned the Pharaohs could resemble the Ituri pygmies of the Congo; what is important to them is that people who look like them (you) are not in control of Egypt today! Ayazid has even 'entertained' us with his photos and has shown us whom he regards as true Egyptians, it's irrelevant that they're a minority, he knows this! But they're the ruling minority! (Re-read their posts, if you need to be reminded.)

The Arabs have so finessed their brand of colonialism that most Africans think that the formal liberation of Africa from foreign rule ended with the end of Apartheid! Although I doubt, for example, you could convince the Berbers of Algeria of that. People on this board discuss modern Egypt and its population as if it isn't a foreign settler colony, has been for centuries now. No one seemed to have drawn the parallel of Egypt's population as described by Kem-Au; 75% black, etc. with that of South Africa's. It's virtually the same distribution of native Africans to foreign settlers. The Arab 'assimilado' method of rule is more subtle and sophisticated, obviously.

2)Horemhab's (and EvilEuro) interest here is similar, and as blatant as was direct European colonialism in Africa; less sophisticated than that of the Arabs. He talks of the reality of European economic and political hegemony; of Machiavelli; of the politics of power. He too, is not that interested in Ancient Egypt. His only interest here is that knowledge of it may trigger a revolutionary re-awakening of Africans; a renaissance that might trigger a movement that would challenge this hegemony, that's all...

South Africa ultimately, was not liberated by debating the contributions of the Zulu or Matabele peoples to civilization. It was, however, a part of that process.

My personal opinion is that this political discussion is best suited to another forum and that we should return to the discussion of "Ancient Egypt and Egyptology"...

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
This is going to be easier than I thought...

quote:

quote:

from Abaza to kenndo:
you're wrong to say that the majority of the Native Egyptains are outsiders. The only people who are considered outsiders in Egypt today, are the Europeans Minority Groups in Cairo and Alexandria, who have traditionally isolated themselves from the rest of the people.
These people, consisted of the large Greek Community of Alexandria, the Jews, the Italians (many of them were Jewish), French, Armenians, and others.
Every single Egyptian, who is born in Egypt and has Egyptian citizenship is considered an Egyptian in my book!!

Note how he has changed kenndo's phrase from "many of them (Egyptians)are outsiders" to "majority of Native Egyptians are outsiders", and the obvious omission of the Arab population, who rule the country. You are to believe, I suppose, that the Arabs are indigenous. He's trying to finesse you...

quote:
2) Horemhab's (and EvilEuro) interest here is similar, and as blatant as was direct European colonialism in Africa; less sophisticated than that of the Arabs. He talks of the reality of European economic and political hegemony; of Machiavelli; of the politics of power. He too, is not that interested in Ancient Egypt. His only interest here is that knowledge of it may trigger a revolutionary re-awakening of Africans; a renaissance that might trigger a movement that would challenge this hegemony, that's all...

quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:
Wally, give me a break...what a load of garbage. All you are interested in is race and you come to the conversation with about half of the education you need to carry on an reasonable conversation. That you have the nerve to be critical of other after all the Afrocentric crap you put out is amazing.

Note Horemhab's typically irrelevant and evasive response to my accusations. He knows I'm telling the truth about his motives.

It'll probably get even better than this...

[This message has been edited by Wally (edited 16 March 2005).]

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kenndo:

you are right about egypt today, many of them are outsiders.

What I meant precisely is that Egypt is a foreign settler colony:
It is a situation where foreign peoples invade and colonize a state or territory.
This isn't a fanciful term, it describes a specific historical process.
For examples, the United States of America is a settler colony; Israel is a settler colony; South Africa was a settler colony; Algeria is a settler colony, Egypt is a settler colony, etc.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

What I meant precisely is that Egypt is a foreign settler colony:
It is a situation where foreign peoples invade and colonize a state or territory.
This isn't a fanciful term, it describes a specific historical process.
For examples, the United States of America is a settler colony; Israel is a settler colony; South Africa was a settler colony; Algeria is a settler colony, Egypt is a settler colony, etc.

Using Ayazid's logic, the native Indians wouldn't have been the original inhabitants, because they are now outnumbered by other groups. At least this is what his explanation was earlier. When asked to corroborate how he came to such a marvelous conclusion, there was no answer forthcoming. This is how you silence these folks; holding them to account. This forces them to go back to trolling tactics. I have noticed that folks here these days get bogged down arguing with them, which isn't really necessary. Just silence them or force them to revert back to their trolling ways.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 16 March 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
entries found for whining.

whine ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hwn, wn)
v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v. intr.

To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ABAZA:
Stealing my people's culture and now my very own definition (posted earlier) to describe your childish tactics.

your culture is arab not ancient egyptian,ancient egypt culture is african and belongs to the blacks of africa and egypt the black egyptains,there is no debate on this,plain and simple.

[This message has been edited by kenndo (edited 17 March 2005).]

Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Stealing my people's culture

booo hoo.

Based on your conversations on this forum your only 'people' is 'Professor' Horemheb.

You are both ugly-Americans culturally.

In terms of forum etiquitte you are both trolls and,

whiners a. one who utters a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry
b. one who makes a sound similar to such a cry <the wind whined in the chimney>

2 a. one who complains with or as if with a whine

3 a. one who moves or proceeeds with the sound of a whine

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 17 March 2005).]

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

Based on your conversations on this forum your only 'people' is 'Professor' Horemheb.

You are both ugly-Americans culturally.

In terms of forum etiquitte you are both trolls and,

whiners [i]a. one who utters a high-pitched plaintive or distressed cry
b. one who makes a sound similar to such a cry <the wind whined in the chimney>

2 a. one who complains with or as if with a whine

3 a. one who moves or proceeeds with the sound of a whine.

Couldn't have put it better.

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by ABAZA:
As a native born Egyptian, I have the right to claim all my heritage

two-faced (tfst)
adj.

1. Having two faces or surfaces.
2. Hypocritical or double-dealing; deceitful.

settler

n 1: a person who settles in a new colony or moves into new country [syn: colonist] 3: a clerk in a betting shop who calculates the winnings

immigrant 2.) A plant or animal that establishes itself in an area where it previously did not exist.

Heritage
1. Property that is or can be inherited; an inheritance.
2. Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.
3. The status acquired by a person through birth; a birthright: a heritage of affluence and social position.

whine, whin·ing, whines
v. intr.

1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

feign
1. To give a false appearance of: feign sleep.

2. To represent falsely; pretend to: feign authorship of a novel.

2. To imitate so as to deceive: feign another's voice.

3. To fabricate: feigned an excuse.

also...see hypocrite.

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 17 March 2005).]

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wally, I must agree with Horemheb and the like, that all you discuss about the ancient Egyptians is their "race." There is more to them than this and that is what I'd like to talk more about!!

As far as Abaza's claims that African Americans are trying to claim Egypt for themselves, this is false. I've talked to many African Americans and while all of them agreed that Egyptians were Africans and not Middle Eastern, they all said that their relation to the Egyptians was nothing more than this and they never saw themselves as that closely related that they could say they are their descendants!

I feel the same way about the Chinese. Just because I'm asian does not mean I have any direct claim to Chinese civilization and culture!!

You guys need to take a break from the race thing, at least for a while!

[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 17 March 2005).]

Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 26239 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kem-Au
Member # 1820

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kem-Au     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

As far as Abaza's claims that African Americans are trying to claim Egypt for themselves, this is false. I've talked to many African Americans and while all of them agreed that Egyptians were Africans and not Middle Eastern, they all said that their relation to the Egyptians was nothing more than this and they never saw themselves as that closely related that they could say they are their descendants!

I feel the same way about the Chinese. Just because I'm asian does not mean I have any direct claim to Chinese civilization and culture!!
[This message has been edited by Djehuti (edited 17 March 2005).]

This is what I don't understand. Who owns culture or history? I've never understood the reasoning behind taking people you like and making them like you.

Posts: 1038 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Wally, I must agree with Horemheb and the like, that all you discuss about the ancient Egyptians is their "race." There is more to them than this and that is what I'd like to talk more about!!

You go right ahead and talk about whatever you've a mind to, but http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo is what I do.
I understand the significance of it all, even if you do not...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com