EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » this is sorta off topic but

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this is sorta off topic but
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was looking up pictures of Tyra Banks and she (to me) has features very similiar to those of lighter skinned Upper Egyptians (in the Luxor area especially), from pictures i've seen of them. these are the pics of Tyra i was referring to (and they look a lot like me).
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004723/photogallery-granitz-36

maybe someone with more knowledge as to the appearance of Upper Egyptians can compare it correctly.

btw i know it is off topic but i couldn't stand to hold it in.

Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
awale
Member # 8407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she does not look egyptian more ethiopian/somali it's the forehead.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walklikeanegyptian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some Upper Egyptians look similiar to Ethiopians and Somalis but i agree with you too.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by awale:
she does not look egyptian more ethiopian/somali it's the forehead.

Awale, you idiot, Egyptians and ethiopian/somalis look alike!!

And there are many blacks/"negroes" in other parts of Africa with big foreheads also!

how dumb

Posts: 26361 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[QUOTE]Awale, you idiot, Egyptians and ethiopian/somalis look alike!!

And there are many blacks/"negroes" in other parts of Africa with big foreheads also!

how dumb

lol true. there was a Somali boy who went to my school and he thought i was Somali and i thought he was Egyptian.

[This message has been edited by walklikeanegyptian (edited 01 August 2005).]

awale
Member # 8407

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for awale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Awale, you idiot, Egyptians and ethiopian/somalis look alike!!

no, not really most egyptians look more middle eastern and lighter.

[This message has been edited by awale (edited 01 August 2005).]

Posts: 54 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
not Upper Egypt (from Luxor to the Sudan/Egypt border). Upper Egyptians typically have medium to black skin with African features.
Rudib001
Member # 8027

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rudib001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You're dreaming. Even most Middle Easterners are not so light. I think you're thinking of Iran, Turkey and Levant. It is true that their women are quite attractive but most Egyptians having such a features is simply a fallacy.

Posts: 20 | From: raptorkiller2k5@hotmail.com | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
that's true.
Ra- Hotep
Member # 7923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ra- Hotep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No they dont Upper Egyptians(from Luxor and Aswan)look like Ehtiopians and Somalis while the Lower Egyptians look like Southern Europeans almost. Stop playing these race games. Tyra Banks looks Upper Egyptian (Nubian), Somali, or Ethiopian. She looks a lot like the Nubian women i saw in Aswan.

Posts: 32 | From: Newark, NJ,USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ra- Hotep:
No they dont Upper Egyptians(from Luxor and Aswan)look like Ehtiopians and Somalis while the Lower Egyptians look like Southern Europeans almost. Stop playing these race games. Tyra Banks looks Upper Egyptian (Nubian), Somali, or Ethiopian. She looks a lot like the Nubian women i saw in Aswan.

Also lower egyptians don't all look the same, some look no different from mullatous of PR, or dominican Republic. Lower Egypt is really diverse.

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ra- Hotep:

not all Upper Egyptians are Nubians. most Nubians today live in Northern Sudan, but some Upper Egyptians look very similiar to Nubians.

Ra- Hotep
Member # 7923

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ra- Hotep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walklikeanegyptian:

not all Upper Egyptians are Nubians. most Nubians today live in Northern Sudan, but some Upper Egyptians look very similiar to Nubians.

If you do some research Aswan is often reffered to as the home of the Nubians. What you said is digressing into another topic. Not all of them are Nubians, but i just said Tyra looks like the Nubian women i saw. Just look at what i posted.

Posts: 32 | From: Newark, NJ,USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
k sorry for the misunderstanding
african queen
Member # 7627

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for african queen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i was looking up pictures of Tyra Banks and she (to me) has features very similiar to those of lighter skinned Upper Egyptians (in the Luxor area especially), from pictures i've seen of them. these are the pics of Tyra i was referring to (and they look a lot like me).

maybe someone with more knowledge as to the appearance of Upper Egyptians can compare it correctly.

Posts: 12 | From: london | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
african queen
Member # 7627

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for african queen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think Tyra looks definitely mixed, maybe African mix with caucasion....

She also had a nose job, her nose was quite broad before which definitely made her look much more different compareed those photos.

Reason why I say she could be mixed white and black is becasue I am Ghanian with a quarter German. I have a quarter German blood in me becasue my mum is half German, half Ghanian and my dad Ghanian.
I get called allsorts Somalian, Ethiopian, West Indian,Indian, Egyptian etc.I have very long wavy hair which i might have been taken from my mum but who knows.lol The first time I was called Morroccan was when my boyfreind who is Morroccan said I look ed like his mums sister who looks like her but with darker skin.....

To me Tyra can be anything, but she definitely looks mixed.

If I showed you a picture of me now , you wouldn't think I was Ghanian, even when I go to Ghana people call me mixed..its annoying sometimes becasue most of me IS Ghanian but hey what can you do, only you know yourself.

There are places where you can find out your true African origin, you should do that..

[This message has been edited by african queen (edited 11 August 2005).]

Posts: 12 | From: london | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by african queen:
I think Tyra looks definitely mixed, maybe African mix with caucasion....

She also had a nose job, her nose was quite broad before which definitely made her look much more different compareed those photos.

Reason why I say she could be mixed white and black is becasue I am Ghanian with a quarter German. I have a quarter German blood in me becasue my mum is half German, half Ghanian and my dad Ghanian.
I get called allsorts Somalian, Ethiopian, West Indian,Indian, Egyptian etc.I have very long wavy hair which i might have been taken from my mum but who knows.lol The first time I was called Morroccan was when my boyfreind who is Morroccan said I look ed like his mums sister who looks like her but with darker skin.....

To me Tyra can be anything, but she definitely looks mixed.

If I showed you a picture of me now , you wouldn't think I was Ghanian, even when I go to Ghana people call me mixed..its annoying sometimes becasue most of me IS Ghanian but hey what can you do, only you know yourself.

There are places where you can find out your true African origin, you should do that..

Tyra is actually all black, as far as i know. she doesn't look particularly caucasian but she looks like me. my great grandparents on both sides of the family came from Luxor, Egypt and we all look very African and have been mistaken for Kenyans, Ethiopians, and especially Somalis. although knowing Luxor is populated by people who are connected to East Africa i wouldn't be surprised if i have Somali or Ethiopian ancestry from way far back.

for some reason people do think i am mixed but that might be because i have lighter eyes (like my dad's side) as apposed to my mom's side (all of them have eyes as dark as coal).

you've been mistaken for Egyptian?

african queen
Member # 7627

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for african queen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i have, but i mean who cares, i dont think there is a specific Egyptian look.lol.
I used ot be so ignorant, i thought Egyptians or looked quite fair but even one of my boyfrineds friends is Egyptian and he has the darkest skin, most kinky hair ever, I didn't hink some Egyptians were like that, but now i know.doh

walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
this link has pictures which show Egypt's diversity. check it out
http://highculture.8m.com/images/ModernEgypt/modernEgypt.htm

notice how some are very black like Sudanese and others are more Mediterranean and light.

Serpent Wizdom
Member # 7652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serpent Wizdom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of you are blowing hot air!! Tyra Banks is no where near being MIXED!!

Both her parents and the grandparents on both sides of her family are Black and brown skinned, so how the hell is she mixed and with what (whom)??

You two have not gotten the message that has been conveyed over and over again on this site, that is Black folks have various phenotypes and do not all look alike. When will you get this through your thick heads??

Tyra is an UNMIXED Black American woman!

Posts: 303 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walklikeanegyptian
Member # 8246

Member Rated:
please show me where i said that all blacks look alike or that Tyra is mixed. you won't be able to because i never said it. i was just saying she looks like she could pass as an Upper Egyptian. big difference.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com