EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Israel:description of Athanaius,? Do you have a direct quote?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Israel:description of Athanaius,? Do you have a direct quote?
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israel said:
quote:
Yet and still, the patriarch of Alexandria during the fourth century, the famous Athanaius, was known as the "Black dwarf". Yet and still, he you look for books on Athanaius, they always present him as white-skinned, yet he was Black. If you wanna try me in terms of sources, I can definitely give you evidence of my claim. Nonetheless, overall, the Black presence of Ancient Egypt was in rapid decline by time of the rise of Christendom. Salaam
Israel, I am curious if you have the physical description of the Coptic patriarch Athanaius? I actually read in the book Alexandria by E.M Foster that Athanaius was described as small and ''dark'' but I never found a direct quote. Do you have this direct quote because there are similar writings in early Christian literature about the complexion of the Egyptians. Usually, their dark skin coloring was associated with evilness.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No answer? Israel? If you don't have direct quotes then perhaps you should not talk about information you cannot validate.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very true Ausar concerning the issue of early Christian writings with the color of "blackness". Nonetheless, at the same time, many of the early persons in the history of Christendom were Black. I have had professor tell me(or tell someone else that I know) that Augustine and Tertillan were Black. Athanaius, yeah, I can give you a source. The source is "The Story of Christianity" by Justo Gonzalez. It is an excellent book that details the rise of Christendom. In particular, there is a chapter in there were the author is specific about the role of Athanaius when he battled the Arians who brought an unorthodox doctrine into Christianity. Athanaius, bishop of Alexandria, consistently defenede the faith: he was exiled three times before he was vindicated. Anyway, according to Justo Gonzalez, the enemies of Athanaius described him as a "Black dwarf". If you find the book, you will find that quote. Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damm Ausar,

I just posted my info. My badd for taking some time to get back to the computer..... [Roll Eyes] . Listen man, I told our brainwahsed friend that I have the source, THEREFORE, IF I SAID I HAVE THE SOURCE THEN I HAVE THE SOURCE................ See, the difference between me and some others(i.e. trolls) on this website is that if I say something, I have information to back it up. Please don't doubt me again. If you ask for info. again, I will respond when I can. Salaam

Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not doubting you,Israel, but only making sure you reference all your claims. I read also in a book that mentioned the complexion of Athananius but the book never gave a direct quote. Sorry if I came off a little abrasive.

When you get time could you please provide the direct quote from the book?

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
No problem. Either tonight or tomorrow(most likely tomorrow). Salaam
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When giving a book as the reference source for
otherwise anecdotal information, one should at
the least cite the page drawn upon, if not
supplying complete bibliographic data. I mean
that's if one wants to make a watertight case.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Ausar,

I got ya tomorrow for the EXACT PAGE and quotation.......

Takruri, I told Ausar(and I guess I am telling you) that my claim is within the book that I quoted. Now I don't know about cha'll, but I got alot of things I got to take care of. WHEN I HAVE TIME, I come to the forum. Yesterday, for instance, I had a little time. Today, it is late in the night and I have only now for the first time today looked at the forum.

Hence, I don't got time to always look for the EXACT PAGE of my references. But I GUARANTEE that my source is legit. If you want to bet 500$ concerning if my source is correct, I guarantee that you'll lose your money. See, I don't play when it comes to information. If I don't know something, I will tell you that I don't know. But if I tell you that I know something, I can MOST DEFINITELY back it up with sources.....

That being said, I'll have the exact page and quotation tomorrow. Salaam.

P.S.- you are still cool with me Takrur, but I guess I don't like it when people try to interrogate me on stuff when I KNOW what I am talking about. That is why I told Ausar to not doubt me cause I am NOT like some of these trolls spewing foolishness out of the mouth. I back up what I say. Salaam

Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Again,

Takrur, you are cool........The ignorance of man never ceases to amaze me(talking about our latest trolls). Anyway, peace and blessing. Salaam

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me apologize if you thought I meant to chastise.
My intent was only for the sake of "tightening up
your backstroke," as the song goes.

Now I admit my memory is low in the accurqacy of
recall category. Many a time when I go back to
page I have in mind it can say something other
than I recall it saying yet very close to what
I've come to assess it.

Me, I'm very absent minded. Didn't mean to imply
that you are, sorry.

--------------------
Intellectual property of YYT al~Takruri © 2004 - 2017. All rights reserved.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hotep2u
Member # 9820

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hotep2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings:

This posts has CLASS, I think you guys have some quality discourse going on here and I would just like to say Keep it on the UP and UP.

Civilize discourse is the best and most informative discourse in my opinion.

Hotep

--------------------
TruthSeeker

Posts: 477 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yawn
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Here it is Ausar:

"The Story of Christianity" by Justo Gonzalez. On page 173, the author states, "Among those who were present at the Council of Nicea there was a young man, so dark and short that his enemies called him 'the black dwarf'. This was Athanasius, ..., who would soon become....the champion of Nicene orthodoxy. He was one of the great leaders- or "fathers"- of the fourth century........".

Salaam

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks,Israel, I appreciate the quatation about Athanaius.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
No problem bruh! Salaam

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com