EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Race, Racial Reality and Common Sense American Style (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Race, Racial Reality and Common Sense American Style
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting tired of all the DNA studies and racial division here on Egypt Search. Were the AEs Black? Who is lighter than whom? blah, blah, blah... It's sickening.

Let's get real. Really real.

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This guy with the tie is probably considered the Blackest leader in America.

-

While this guy is not so Black at all

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
 -

This guy is one of the Whitest men in America

-

This lady is very Black

-

This wonderfal lady has no European ancestry. Yet, she is very White.

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
 -

This redhead was very Black.

-

This guy is not too Black at all.

-

This guy was very Black.

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
See, y'all judge people on skin color, facial features, and hair texture. That's not what Blackness is about. No! Blackness is an idea. A concept.

-

This was a great Black politician. Fantastic. Wonderful.

-

This is his son.

Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meskel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MyRedCow:

-

[Roll Eyes] African-Americans are mixed 25% or 1/4 ON AVERAGE.

But in case of Oprah she does not have European true but she has 89% african(congoid), 8% red indian, and 3% asian.

Posts: 234 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
I am sick and tired of seeing these dark skinned people from Ethiopia, Sudan, Egypt, Fulani tribe etc. talking about they are not Black. Give me a break. Y'all are ridiculous.

Check this out:

-

This looks like many old men around me who come from Alabama, North Carolina, Virginia, etc

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
 -

I see this guy all over the place. Like the guy in the picture above, both can be found all over the Americas. These are Black people.

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
How Black is anyone? How Black are you? How Black am I?

-

I see these girls all the time walking down the street.

-

This is the guy down the street and his wife.

-

These are las latinas who walk down the street with tight blue jeans. So sexy!

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
See, y'all judge people on skin color, facial features, and hair texture. That's not what Blackness is about. No! Blackness is an idea. A concept.

Interesting; what idea is "blackness"?
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
 -

This is the girl next door.

-

This is the lady across the street & a block away.

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Interesting; what idea is "blackness"?

You tell me Supercar

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

You tell me Supercar

LOL. Why should "I" be the one to tell "you", what "you" meant by "Blackness is an idea. A concept", when "you" wrote:

quote:
MyRedCow:

Don't you find it strange for me to inform "you" of what you were thinking of, when you made that comment, as opposed to "you" giving us the rationale that drove you to make that comment. I can't think for you. [Wink]
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meskel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
another pointless thread based on emotion
Posts: 234 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Meskel:
another pointless thread based on emotion

I'll give the benefit of doubt...for now; I think MyRedCow may be onto something, i.e. if he cares to elaborate.
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks RedCow. I am surprised, I guess, to see Adam Powell's son being SO light-skinned, goodness gracious......lol. For real. Most of the pics above are people I have grown up with. Honestly RedCow, when I first studied AE in thrid grade, our teacher was showing us stuff about Egypt. Honestly, my first thought was: these people are BLACK! That was my first thought, honest to God! I was around 8 years old and I didn't know what I know now. Again, my first thought, without trying to analize, read, prove with facts, etc., my first thought was that those people are Black. And if scholars such as E. Wallis Budge is steadily comparing AE to modern African as opposed to Semitic or Asian, as sub-consiously racist as Budge was, he showed that Egypt was African.........I think......well, I don't want to try to define what Blackness is as an "idea". I just know that me and King Tut can definitely be brothers, or cousins. Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The whole thread is thick.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
 -

I see this guy all over the place. Like the guy in the picture above, both can be found all over the Americas. These are Black people.

Amr is probably two shades darker than Anwar, yet denying that he is Black. Anwar certainly was. His first wife, a woman of Turkish descent, mentioned that he was a Black man. She bore him four children. Whenever Anwar tried to act like he wasn't Black, his oppenents used it against him, making fun of him being of Black ancestry..........Anwar probably had the "Amr syndrome".....lol. Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to add some juice [in an informational sense, of course] to this thread, let me express an opinion here:

Some of these “elite” social class "Black" figures that MyRedCow described as being not "so Black", are quite likely aware of their 'skin color' or the socio-ethnic constructs that they are 'superficially' affiliated with. They just identify more readily with their social base than they do with ordinary working class "Blacks", even including ordinary working class "Whites". In the past, relatively more well off "Black" figures or activists were actively engaged in the struggle to get "Blacks" equal access to and opportunity in the socio-economic institutions of the nation. So, reflecting on the days when blatant "segregationist" polices were enacted by the ruling layers of "Whites", we come across figures or activists like Malcom X, Mr. W.E.B. DuBois, Martin Luther King Jr., and so forth. Now that this era of the relatively more widespread and perhaps stronger Black American "civil rights" had gone by, and "segregationist" policies adopted by ruling "White" elites were eventually loosened, some "Blacks" who have since managed to get up to the upper echelons of the society [i.e. in terms of the socio-economic ladder], quickly put themselves in the position to adopt the basic credo that their "White" counterparts had been adhering to; i.e. first and foremost look out for their personal interest, and well, naturally their social base, since the basic interests of their social base converge, which to put it rather simply, is centered on 'capital' at the expense of the general working class people.

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TK
Member # 10103

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Meskel:
quote:

-

[Roll Eyes] African-Americans are mixed 25% or 1/4 ON AVERAGE.

But in case of Oprah she does not have European true but she has 89% african(congoid), 8% red indian, and 3% asian.

What is a Congoid?
Posts: 67 | From: New York City | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm getting tired of all the DNA studies and racial division here on Egypt Search. Were the AEs Black? Who is lighter than whom? blah, blah, blah... It's sickening.

Let's get real. Really real.

I feel the same way. There is SO MUCH more to Ancient Egypt that we can learn to improve our lives in the 21st century but some people are only concerned about all that E3b blah. [Frown]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
originally posted by Israel:
I am surprised, I guess, to see Adam Powell's son being SO light-skinned

[Roll Eyes]
Yeah, his father looks like Idi Amin, suprise, suprise. [Big Grin]

quote:
originally posted by Myredcow:
I am sick and tired of seeing these dark skinned people from Ethiopia, Sudan, Egypt, Fulani tribe etc. talking about they are not Black. Give me a break. Y'all are ridiculous.

It all boils down to cultural and regional definitions, you cant expect the whole world to see things through the same lenses as in your home region. Infact judging by rational, if you consider Adam clayton powell "black",then i'm sorry its You who's on the lunatic end.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GambA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately we were all Black...whether Europeans, Asians or Africans...Race doesn't exit and people spend too much time on skin color, especially Americans...and some Africans because of cultural and social reasons that's beyond scientific logic. But ultimately it's pointless since there is only one race: the human race...again, we were all Black.
GambA

Posts: 182 | From: I Forgot | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^dude, we're all technically Africans but that's as far as it goes.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
quote:
It all boils down to cultural and regional definitions, you cant expect the whole world to see things through the same lenses as in your home region. Infact judging by rational, if you consider Adam clayton powell "black",then i'm sorry its You who's on the lunatic end.
There are cultural and regional differences. But, our world is becoming smaller. The Internet is quickening the pace. 100 years ago or 50 years ago, you would have been correct. But, not now.

The American and European definitions are becoming the world's standard as people interact.
Television shows people around the world what others look like in places far away.

So, the guy in the Levant looks like the guy in Puerto Rico. The guy in Egypt looks like the guy in Harlem. The guy in India looks like the guy in Colombia. We are all merging into one global culture.

sshaun002
Member # 11448

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sshaun002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice to wipe the slate clean, but matters of race, ethnicity, religion, culture, and so forth have always been with us. We've inherited them.

As far as Egypt is concerned, I think a forum like this is important to get to the truth after centuries of lies.

--------------------
hello

Posts: 477 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Israel:
Honestly RedCow, when I first studied AE in thrid grade, our teacher was showing us stuff about Egypt. Honestly, my first thought was: these people are BLACK! That was my first thought, honest to God! I was around 8 years old and I didn't know what I know now. Again, my first thought, without trying to analize, read, prove with facts, etc., my first thought was that those people are Black.

Shalom,

When I went to school as a young. I was told that the Ancient Egyptians were of the Red race. But, they looked me [Razz] [Razz]

One day while running through the schoolyard, I met this lightskinned Black girl with frizzy hair who looked like a relative of mine. I found out years later in high school that she was a Coptic Christian Egyptian. The White kids teased her for being Black. This was my first taste of the modern Egyptians.

Years have passed and I've encountered other modern Egyptians. Many being Jews and Coptic Christians. I had a big crush on a very paleskinned Coptic girl with naturally curly hair. Only a crush!!! She had very big hips. The few Egyptian girls have have met seem very big hips often bigger than African American women.

The modern Egyptians I've seen were either light to medium skinned Blacks or Hispanic looking people. I met one that looked just like Beyonce Knowles. She even had bigger hips!!! But, I'd never be with a woman speaking that language. no way.

African American women are the best Black women on Earth. I'd never be with an African woman from all I know now. I hate female circumcision. Yucky!! I'd rather have this:

-

or this

-

No African women all cut up below or wearing veils or tatooed faces.

-

This African American woman is the best!

Viva America
Dios Bendiga A America

Happy Jewish New Year.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^LOL [Big Grin] You're a funny dude. I co-sign your post though, you might want to check out Senegalese women before your write African women off. There are 'unreported' places in Africa with exquisite women, trust me and MOST African women are not circumcised.
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Redcow, I don't how to explain it except in Egypt we have a different notion of blackness/whiteness than in the United States. Modern Egyptians never went through the opressive situlations African-Americans went through so their color is not as emphasized. Yes, alot of Egyptians[especially Egyptian females] aspire to be white I guess because of the global white supremist culture. You will see advertisements right know during Ramadan about skin lighteners and billboards showing fair n lovely products.

You could also say that Egyptians and many northern Africans are melanophobes that see themselves superior to inner Africans. Most likely because of the historic slave trade and because of western influence. The Arab cultural influence might also be a factor.

All I can say is modern Egyptians range from very fair skinned to often very dark in places like Aswan. If I could compare modern Egytian phenotype to any country it would be to Puerto Rico;Dominican Republic,Brazil,or even Cape Verde.

Redcow, what would this man be considered in America:

http://www.carnivalarabia.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=4924

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Rice

Queen Latifah has a message to Condi Rice: Do something with that hair!

quote:
"I mean, that's the true issue that America has to face. It's not North Korea. It ain't South Korea. It ain't Iran. It ain't Iraq. It's Condoleezza and can she get in my salon and can we really lay a hot comb to that head?"

[Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin]
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26709-2005Apr4.html

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^LOL!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:

-

^^I Couldn't agree more! The only one arguing about the degrees of 'blackness' are mixed-up minds like AMR and unfortuantely even YOU.

Egyptians were NOT African Americans or other blacks of the Western World. They were indigenous Africans. Some mixed-up minds try to argue that they have mixed ancestry, but the evidence just does not support this. Both genetics as well as anthropological remains!

[Embarrassed] GET OVER IT!!

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Meskel,

Please keep up with the scientific research: African Americans have some 17-18% non African ancestry on AVERAGE.
(See research by Sriver and Kittles). But that AVERAGE is spread unevenly. According to Kittles some 27% of African Americans carry European Y DNA and only 5% carry European Mt.DNA. Obviously, and because of caste and racial reasons the European admixtures cluster in some 30% of African Americans. Note too that Shriver's and Kittles' numbers coincide with the fact that the vast majority of African Americans belong to the African E3a lineage.

But note two things: 1) an individual may carry an European or African Y or MtDNA haplotype but be strictly African or European phenotype. Examples: Kittles has a German Y haplotype but is strictly West African in phenotype; Shriver carries African and Native American DNA but looks European. 2)In this regard Europeans are 40% African DNA and 60% Eurasian DNA.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Ausar:

If Northern Africans have any negative feelings towards Africans of dark-brown hue then it cannot be because of some "slave trade" because there was much more importation of European slaves into North Africa than those from tropical Africa. The historical evidence is easily accessible.

I believe that negative feelings from North Africans have to do with the fact that Western aesthetic standards are dominant these days--mainly because Europeans have invaded most areas of the
world and have either exterminated indigenous populations or forced Western aesthetic values on the survivors. In other words, the more one looks like the invader and conquerer--despite his multiplicity of crimes, including genocide--the more one derives vicarious satisfaction or real advantages from being such.

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mali
Member # 7606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
To Ausar:

If Northern Africans have any negative feelings towards Africans of dark-brown hue then it cannot be because of some "slave trade" because there was much more importation of European slaves into North Africa than those from tropical Africa. The historical evidence is easily accessible.

I believe that negative feelings from North Africans have to do with the fact that Western aesthetic standards are dominant these days--mainly because Europeans have invaded most areas of the
world and have either exterminated indigenous populations or forced Western aesthetic values on the survivors. In other words, the more one looks like the invader and conquerer--despite his multiplicity of crimes, including genocide--the more one derives vicarious satisfaction or real advantages from being such.

Yea blame the "europeans" [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 321 | From: t.o | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Herukhuti:
You're a funny dude. I co-sign your post though, you might want to check out Senegalese women before your write African women off. There are 'unreported' places in Africa with exquisite women, trust me and MOST African women are not circumcised.

Herukhti,

If you must know, my very last 2 girlfriends looked like this. Very tall and very dark.

-

But, they lived too far away. My ancestry probably is from the region from Senegal to Liberia. But, no native African girls for me.
Also, the woman has to have the right religion.

The two Black girls next door are like this:

-

-

Maybe, I am stupid. Although, dark meat sure feels good.

I'm one of the Black guys in my neighborhood still chasing sisters. The Dominicans and other Black Hispanics prefer.....

-

La cubana bella!
Many Black men around me got girlfriends/wives like this...

-

So, maybe I'm stupid. Maybe, I'm too Black for my own good.
 -

But, I really did enjoy mounting that dark flesh which was far away.

When most of the women in my area look like this.

-

or

-

Ay! Mami Ay! Que bonita!

Quizas, yo fui estupido. No estare' mas estupido.

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Ausar,

Your guy reminded me a little of this African American singer

-

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:

To Ausar:

Actually, the negative views North Africans have against blacks in general, and not just from further south, have alot to do with the harmful effects of Arabization!

AMR1 is a perfect example of that. His self hate for anything that's 'pure' African manifests itself in his desperate attempt to "mix" up African ancestors from prehistoric times!!

In his case, Hotep is correct to say that he is a mind slave of the Arabs that conquered and colonised his land!

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I appreciate the eye candy, I seriously think this thread is going nowhere and is just more nonsense. (Ausar, close it)
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LoL at MYredcow posting the most lightest so-called "blacks" as blacks [Big Grin]

quote:
myredcow wrote:
Maybe, I am stupid. Although, dark meat sure feels good.

I think in your case you mean "white meat flavoured with some drops of blood from black meat sure feels good" [Big Grin]

How come you don't post the real black "sistas" as representation for blacks?

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GambA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This an African American thread, sorry but most of the ladies and dudes you posted would be called white in Africa...let's go back to the continent..
GambA

Posts: 182 | From: I Forgot | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meskel
Member # 11979

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by GambA:
Ultimately we were all Black...whether Europeans, Asians or Africans...Race doesn't exit. But ultimately it's pointless since there is only one race: the human race...again, we were all Black.
GambA

AHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I love bantu comedy. this joke reminded me of def jam [Smile]

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
Redcow, I don't how to explain it except in Egypt we have a different notion of blackness/whiteness than in the United States. Modern Egyptians never went through the opressive situlations African-Americans went through so their color is not as emphasized.

Matter of fact, short of perhaps those Africans living abroad, much of Africa has a different idea of socio-ethnic constructs from those of Europeans or Americans.
GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
As far as now the majority of Africans call themselves Black...but I heard that some call themselves green...you should check in Sudan...and some other places around the Sahara...it can be weird sometime...
GambA

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
As far as now the majority of Africans call themselves Black

This is based on what African-wide polling?

In several West African countries that I've been to, and the folks I've come into contact with, for instance, groups refer to one another by ethnic group names as opposed to 'skin' colour. In the Atlantic coast West African countries of The Gambia and Senegal, for example, even coastal African groups are generally referred to by ethnic names as opposed to skin tone.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
As far as now the majority of Africans call themselves Black...but I heard that some call themselves green...you should check in Sudan...and some other places around the Sahara...it can be weird sometime...
GambA

Maybe some and i emphasize some West, Central and South Africans might call themselves "black", but I doubt the rest of Africans call themselves black at all, not that they are not "black" or want to distance themselves, its just that its very very unlikely they call themselves "black", and thats a fact!
Its very important to distinguish the racial attitude of western "blacks" including newly arrived Africans and the racial attitude of continetal Africans overall who are not much subject to western ideas.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Let us please stick to fact, and not "hypotheticals".

Gamba, for example, name the African countries, many of which comprise multi-lingual speaking groups, where people go around calling themselves "black", "yellow", "white" and so forth.

GambA
Member # 12003

Rate Member
You correct, they call themselves as their ethnic tribe first...they don't even care what a Black African who leaves in the next country does...on that point you are right, but with respect to other groups like Arab, Europeans or Indian, they will refer themselves as Black, unless you have another definition, for that matter how a Somali would define himself with respect to non African with a very light skin:European or Arab or even Asian?
GambA

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

You correct, they call themselves as their ethnic tribe first...they don't even care what a Black African who leaves in the next country does...on that point you are right, but with respect to other groups like Arab, Europeans or Indian, they will refer themselves as Black, unless you have another definition, for that matter how a Somali would define himself with respect to non African with a very light skin:European or Arab or even Asian?
GambA

Again, that would be contextual. The question may well boil down to whether it is the "European", "Arab" or what have you, is in the African nation, or vice versa? What do you think is the probable answer for the given scenario?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com