EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: sweden's new prime minister has AA ancestry.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: sweden's new prime minister has AA ancestry.
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -

Could this be seen as the first African-American head of state? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yonis,

Very interesting!

Anyway, I saw a documentary awhile ago about slave descendants, and I heard one of King's royal life guard was a slave from Ghana and he played a great role stabilizing march music and precipitated the war against Finland which earned him recognition from the King and lived decent rest of his life.

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
off-topic does anyone know wether Keith Ellison has won or not?
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
Yonis,

Very interesting!

Anyway, I saw a documentary awhile ago about slave descendants, and I heard one of King's royal life guard was a slave from Ghana and he played a great role stabilizing march music and precipitated the war against Finland which earned him recognition from the King and lived decent rest of his life.

Yes, very possible, i remember we learnd in high school that sweden also had some few blacks who got absorbed during the 17th and 18th century.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off topic:

Don't forget to pay tv licens. [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Eek!]

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MULLAH'S_REVENGE:
off-topic does anyone know wether Keith Ellison has won or not?

who's that?
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
first muslim brother in congress my relatives in MS are voting for him

arwa lool i got a year long contract [Big Grin]

Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
http://www.gd.se/uploaded/image/2006/8/16/16s02_Fredrik_Reinfeld.jpg[/IMG]

Why; does he have "African American" ancestry?
Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
Off topic:

Don't forget to pay tv licens.

LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

You're talking about the new ministers, the latest one resigned today [Big Grin]

Anyways the new prime minister seems to be intouch with his african roots, he appointed the first ever black minister in sweden in his government, she's originally from congo.
 -

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
Yes, very possible, i remember we learnd in high school that sweden also had some few blacks who got absorbed during the 17th and 18th century.
The other thing the film mentioned was how the slave descendants were treated in Sweden--quite different from other countries in Europe. They were allowed to have almost a normale life like rest of the population and even working for the King.
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The great-great-grandfather of Sweden’s soon-to-be Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt was an American mulatto who impregnated a Latvian maid while visiting Sweden. I assume NAACP will invite Sweden’s first African-American Prime Minister to speak at its annual meeting."
Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
quote:

Yes, his great grandfather was an african-american who migrated to sweden.
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^Okay then.

BTW, Africa, doesn't the author of that citation deserve some credit? [Smile]

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
I feel very sorry for the new PM. He got the worst start you can imagaine.
Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but isn't he like 1/25 black? I thought we were past the era of the one drop rule on this board folks?
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Who specifically advocated the "one drop rule"? I mean, Yonis is the one who opened this thread; I'm not sure that you are referring to him.

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obelisk_18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but isn't he like 1/25 black? I thought we were past the era of the one drop rule on this board folks?
Posts: 447 | From: Somewhere son... | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure it was posted by me on the following site:http://internet128.com/...just joking.

plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
O18,

I don't feel sorry because he is 1/4 black, but because he didn't make his homework well---not checking the ministers' background--and if that was not enough, he has hard work ahead to prove to his voters that his right successor of G. Pederson

Obelisk_18
Member # 11966

Rate Member
Arwa, you're not American are you? Anyways, my point still stands, the guy's white, not black.
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I have question... why do people say African American ancestry as thought we are an orginal population?

Secondly, I'm still having a difficult time with the word mulatto ?? If all African Americans have white ancestry as many Africans and Europeans believe... then why separate African Americans from mulatto ?

I don't understand the logic in this??? Can someone please explain? I mean... shouldn't African Americans be called mulatto's if this is the belief? Or is the word defined by the skin color? I'm lost??

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Majority of African American's are proud of their African ancestry and will never deny its most powerful presence in our lives.

Majority of African Americans have never and will never speak of their European ancestry if they just so happen to have some. I have an African American friend who's mother is European and his father is African American (so to speak). I have never heard him say I am European or I am mulatto... but he as millions of African Americans call themselfs black.

The word mulatto seems like and attempt to divide and conquer African American once again. No other people in United States identify themself with one group if they are mixed in America as do the African Americans...

They are proud to tell you they are mixed. African American take much pride in their African Ancestry and there are millions who want to move to Africa.

Example: African Americans want to move to Africa.

I don't mean to rant and rave about it... I'm just lost on these identifications that are assigned to us when we have choosen our own signature and how we want to be identified... .which is African American.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RU2religious:
quote:
quote:

I have question... why do people say African American ancestry as thought we are an orginal population?

Secondly, I'm still having a difficult time with the word mulatto ?? If all African Americans have white ancestry as many Africans and Europeans believe... then why separate African Americans from mulatto ?

I don't understand the logic in this??? Can someone please explain? I mean... shouldn't African Americans be called mulatto's if this is the belief? Or is the word defined by the skin color? I'm lost??

Mulatoo is essentially a nasty, racist word that is derived from 'mule'.

mule - the sterile offspring of a female horse and a male donkey.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
It figures...

That's how they do it...

Thank you

Peace!~

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk_18:

I never said he was black, or african-american, i said he had african-american ancestry, re-read my post again. the line "Could this be seen as the first African-American head of state? [Big Grin] " was a question and i was obviously joking, hence the " [Big Grin] " after that question.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offense, but what exactly is the big deal?

So the whitest country in the world is headed by peoples of African descent. How ironic. I wonder what white Americans make of this, especially the racist ones.

Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1/2 black, and 1/2 white can not be just black or just white.

If he says he is just one, he hates his other 1/2. 1/2 of what he is. He basically hates himself or has a serious complex and need to go to a psychatrist..

--------------------
Regards,

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AMR1:

1/2 black, and 1/2 white can not be just black or just white.

If he says he is just one, he hates his other 1/2. 1/2 of what he is.

LOL I don't think Yonis ever cited that the guy said he called himself black!
quote:
He basically hates himself or has a serious complex and need to go to a psychatrist..
[Eek!] Speak for yourself! ROTFL [Big Grin]
Posts: 26238 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please do not use USA as a standard for everything. USA social constructs are for USA only so do not extrapolate to other world areas because it sounds out of place and funny!.

Now for the punchline! yes it is an American TV programme, Prison Break and guess what about Wentworth Miller! He is as European as they come.
In the present world, population are rarely static if they moves with others in a mature social sphere!

hoda hafez

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com