EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Enough is Enough

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Enough is Enough
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to start my own forum eventually because this forum is too lax on dealing with trolls who post strictly for the hell of trying to start flame wars. If trolls want this foum they can have it
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.nilevalleycivilization.com
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by X-Ras:
I'm going to start my own forum eventually because this forum is too lax on dealing with trolls who post strictly for the hell of trying to start flame wars. If trolls want this foum they can have it

You've been complaining for some weeks now, why are you still here?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elijah The Tishbite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
quote:

I tried holding out hope that things would change but as soon as the trolls are banned new ones show up or the same trolls return under different logins, but I must be stupid to think this forum is going to change. In the forum I want to start, I want to have mods more indicative of the diversity of people we have here to make things fair at least. I would leave it totally up to them to ban people by voting.
Posts: 2595 | From: Vicksburg | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

I tried holding out hope that things would change but as soon as the trolls are banned new ones show up or the same trolls return under different logins, but I must be stupid to think this forum is going to change. In the forum I want to start, I want to have mods more indicative of the diversity of people we have here to make things fair at least. I would leave it totally up to them to ban people by voting.
what's ironic x-ras that some of these trolls are black themselves but think of them selves as being sand ni99@$ [Eek!]
Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salah:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what's ironic x-ras that some of these trolls are black themselves but think of them selves as being sand ni99@$ [Eek!]
LOL, look who's talking. Weren't you the one who was stalking a poster for some weeks because you didnt like that only 15% of somalis had Eurasian in them, you forget, you forget, eh? [Big Grin]
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by salah:
quote:
quote:
quote:

True, I find it peculiar that all of the trolls are anti-black or want to whitewash and Arabwash black people. That isn't new on this forum and its been going on for a while, so apparently there must be some here who like ethnic flaming and trolling for their personal amusement.
salah
Member # 11739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOL, look who's talking. Weren't you the one who was stalking a poster for some weeks because you didnt like that only 15% of somalis had Eurasian in them, you forget, you forget, eh? [Big Grin] [/qb]

u stupid idiot all i was stating was u cannot be sure what percent of somalis have arabic lineages in them and that it could well be more than 15 percent u nacaas
Posts: 216 | From: london | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
LOL, oki, lets say so.
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The post is coming from someone who spent days and nights arguing with the King of trolls(Evil Euro)and never asked for him to be banned...funny indeed.
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Ras, the problem started when people started cross posting this website on racial forums. I asked people not to cross post this on racial forums but they would not listen.

When you start a new forum make sure its premanent and let me know because I will support it. You have been a great contributor to Egyptsearch and enriched this website.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMR1
Member # 7651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMR1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-ras
Go ahead and bring all the liars like Rasol, who post Nubian pictures and call them ancient egyptians, that is the type that you and Ausar like.

Where were you Ausar when Djehuti post a Southern sudanese and say this is how ancient egyptians look like and we know it is not true

where are you when Rasol posted the Nubian picture Yesterday and said that this is an ancient Egyptian?

You think this is not insulting to the accuracy of this board? This are outright lies, not simple theories , that could be wrong or right and you should have cared.

Posts: 1090 | From: Merowe-Nubia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
X-Ras, the problem started when people started cross posting this website on racial forums. I asked people not to cross post this on racial forums but they would not listen.

When you start a new forum make sure its premanent and let me know because I will support it. You have been a great contributor to Egyptsearch and enriched this website.

I agree. I'm working on creating a forum named "Ta-Meri". Its gonna have the same color scheme as this oum but without the trolls and with some mods if people here are willing to join.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Its finished

http://www.network54.com/Forum/532652/

Good or bad? Do I need to change anything? Suggestions?

Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIIIIIIGHT!!!

Can I sign up!?!?!?

Oh and everyone keep your same names.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't a proboards be better because you can archive your material? How are you going to archieve your material with network54? The forum also has to dark coloring.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Wouldn't a proboards be better because you can archive your material? How are you going to archieve your material with network54? The forum also has to dark coloring.

network54 has automatic archiving, no information will be lost because archiving in limitless
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Okay, I did not know that. You could lighten up the colors a little. Are you going to promote your board?
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tee85:
TIIIIIIGHT!!!

Can I sign up!?!?!?

Oh and everyone keep your same names.

Yes you can sign up, just register for a network54 login visit the link to the forum.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its finished

X-Ras,

The forum looks frightening, not welcoming, non-professional

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Okay, I did not know that. You could lighten up the colors a little. Are you going to promote your board?

I just lighten up the black color to a dark shade of gray. I plan on promoting it.
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks good!
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
quote:
Its finished

X-Ras,

The forum looks frightening, not welcoming, non-professional

I'm open to suggestions to improve it.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys!

The forum which X-Ras created looks to me a joke--sorry X-Ras.

Have a look this one, used by major news papers.

• * Complete web based administration
    * Unlimited Forums
    * Unlimited moderators
    * Locking/UnLocking/Deleting of Categories, Forums, Topics and Members by Moderators and/or Admins
    * Registration functions
    * Enable/Disable Registration
    * Restricted/Open Registration
    * Email Validation functions
    * Password Encryption
    * Web based feature customization
    * Optional Email notification features supporting many popular components (if it's not included, let us know)
    * Post Editing, with optional text to track modifications
    * Quick Reply feature
    * Flood Control feature
    * Active Topic Listing
    * Private Forums
    * Forum Code and HTML enable/disable
    * Email Topic To A Friend Feature
    * Printer Friendly Feature
    * Sticky Topics feature
    * Topic Sorting feature
    * Search Topics/Forums
    * Grouping of Categories
    * Personal Profiles for each user
    * AOL, MSN, ICQ and Yahoo web based messaging built in
    * URL postings, show links to other sites/pages
    * Bad Word Filtering feature
    * Support for Microsoft Access 97/2000/2002, SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000 and MySql
    * and it continues to get better and more feature rich!!!

http://forum.snitz.com/specs.asp

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
quote:
Guys!

The forum which X-Ras created looks to me a joke--sorry X-Ras.

Have a look this one, used by major news papers.

• * Complete web based administration
    * Unlimited Forums
    * Unlimited moderators
    * Locking/UnLocking/Deleting of Categories, Forums, Topics and Members by Moderators and/or Admins
    * Registration functions
    * Enable/Disable Registration
    * Restricted/Open Registration
    * Email Validation functions
    * Password Encryption
    * Web based feature customization
    * Optional Email notification features supporting many popular components (if it's not included, let us know)
    * Post Editing, with optional text to track modifications
    * Quick Reply feature
    * Flood Control feature
    * Active Topic Listing
    * Private Forums
    * Forum Code and HTML enable/disable
    * Email Topic To A Friend Feature
    * Printer Friendly Feature
    * Sticky Topics feature
    * Topic Sorting feature
    * Search Topics/Forums
    * Grouping of Categories
    * Personal Profiles for each user
    * AOL, MSN, ICQ and Yahoo web based messaging built in
    * URL postings, show links to other sites/pages
    * Bad Word Filtering feature
    * Support for Microsoft Access 97/2000/2002, SQL Server 6.5/7.0/2000 and MySql
    * and it continues to get better and more feature rich!!!

http://forum.snitz.com/specs.asp

I'll check it out. I must say I'm not very color coordinated because the colors red and green are very faint to me.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
^I did not know that [Smile]
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
X-Ras,

The forum I have suggested to you do not phpBB styles, which I guess it's the reason why you want to start a new one.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't permanent.
The "54" folk own the forum.
When the time comes
they'll do whatever they want.

Who is willing to put their money up
and secure a domain, software, etc
for a php driven forum for Africana?

Will the noteworthies here even bother
to suppor it considering any kind of
flame baiting won't be tolerated?

quote:
Its finished

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
I'm working on this forum

http://tameri.forumco.com/default.asp

Hikuptah
Member # 11131

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hikuptah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Ras i would love to join looks good just needs a little work and u know what u are doing more than I do but i am willing to support any way possible.

--------------------
Hikuptah Al-Masri

Posts: 526 | From: Aswan Egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
I need everyone's help here to build this forum. Which categories should I add? Any suggestions for moderators?
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
This isn't permanent.
The "54" folk own the forum.
When the time comes
they'll do whatever they want.

Who is willing to put their money up
and secure a domain, software, etc
for a php driven forum for Africana?

Will the noteworthies here even bother
to suppor it considering any kind of
flame baiting won't be tolerated?

quote:
Its finished

I have a domain and software is my thing (I do it for a living). I can easily get a java/jsp based forum up and running in a matter of a very few days. Just let me know what y'all want.
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^To add more Info. I have a domain from eapps.com and I already run a e-commerce website on it but I hardly use any of my bandwidth (I currently use less than 10% but I still pay monthly).

In any case, y'all don't need to worry about how it will be financed cause the google ads will more than pay for monthly running costs and the forum software itself can be acquired for free (open source initiatives).

Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
mvnForum is free. Go to the link and check out the screen shots to see what it looks like.

I can also register a good quality domain name for free so just let me know...

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Machiavelli:
^^To add more Info. I have a domain from eapps.com and I already run a e-commerce website on it but I hardly use any of my bandwidth (I currently use less than 10% but I still pay monthly).

In any case, y'all don't need to worry about how it will be financed cause the google ads will more than pay for monthly running costs and the forum software itself can be acquired for free (open source initiatives).

Please, no google adds [Mad]
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^LOL google ads is probaby the only reason 'sammy' allows anyone to post here. He must be paying a bit of money for storage & bandwidth but he isn't charging us a dime for using up those resources... guess how he pays the bills? [Wink]

Click on a google link on the left panel of this page and you may have put 50 cent in his piggy bank [Big Grin]

WONDERFUL1
Member # 11000

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WONDERFUL1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Machiavlli, would you be able to archive all of Ancient Egypt & Egyptology topics and posts? With the permission from the Owners of this board, of course [Cool] . I'm not even sure that this can be done with this type of forum/setup, I'm sure it would be alot of work but not difficult. It's just a thought. I'd hate to see all this valuable info just go poof! [Frown]
Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
^LOL google ads is probaby the only reason 'sammy' allows anyone to post here. He must be paying a bit of money for storage & bandwidth but he isn't charging us a dime for using up those resources... guess how he pays the bills? [Wink]

Click on a google link on the left panel of this page and you may have put 50 cent in his piggy bank [Big Grin]

I know that, but try first to find a forum without a need for Google adds. It is just very annoying [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Reply to WONDERFUL1...

the difficulty of this task depends on how this forum site is set up (I'd have to see the system from a technical perspective). This is a php based forum and I'm proposing java (java is WAY better). However, all data-driven sites run on a variety of databases that pretty much use the same standard language (SQL).

There are probably two ways to archive all of ES's data elsewhere.
The first way would be to migrate all the data from this site's database into another one (assuming sammy doesn't actually delete the data periodically) and see if we can display the pages as they are displayed here. This will require quite a bit of work, the sort of work I get paid hundreds of pounds to do everyday and I am (sorry y'all) not willing to do it for free cause it's a pain in the proverbial.
The second way to archive would be to copy all the generated (and cached) html files available from years back. I've seen a few people go back and dig up old threads so I'm sure this is possible. This option is probably the only feasible option from my POV.

ALL THAT SAID, why would the owner of this forum want someone to take all their hard-earned work and move it somewhere else? I sure wouldn't.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I know that, but try first to find a forum without a need for Google adds. It is just very annoying [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]
I see your point, they can be an eye sore and they're everywhere these days. People are finding google ads to be very rewarding financially so they won't stop using it anytime soon...

It's possible to use other ad serving systems but google just makes it so damn easy. I use it on a a couple of my sites and they pay the bills and then some.

WONDERFUL1
Member # 11000

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WONDERFUL1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then, it's good to know that theres a slight possibility to be able to do so. But I understand...your not the one. [Cool]
Posts: 29 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^oh I will set up a forum on African history (why not?), but I don't think I'll be migrating anything from here.
Elijah The Tishbite
Member # 10328

Rate Member
Ok people, let me know what you think about the forum

http://egyptologyforum.proboards50.com/index.cgi

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
looks simple and good, simple is good,lol

Better than the first dark one.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com