EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » question for djehuty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question for djehuty
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you still have that map of the Benin hbs frequency spread out of Africa
Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

-

I have an even better question for you: Why do you continue to equate phenotype with 'race' when phenotypic diverstiy itself refutes the notion of 'race'??

Posts: 26311 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the map..I equate race with the appearance of humans being classified with race. Race is a social contruct and humans today base this construct on positivism from the construct being made prior to our existence and I understand that that is why some people here have a problem with the word. I am not trying to be political about it, but it frustrates me when a white/caucasian guy comes in the forum and says Egyptians were white then all the blacks attack lol then turn around and say "there is no such thing as race"..it sounds contradicting that's all. We as humans intuit shapes as well as morals in our material existence and colors if one is not color blind and it's just human nature to apply deductive reasoning when seeing oneself and seeing another. I in no way promote discrimination if that is what the people here think I am trying to do. But, to say race isn't dictated by shapes and colors and features or traits of the appearance(phenotype) of a human being i just think that is dishonest regardless of whether it should be relevant or not to biology or human society..it just plain IS what it IS.

Btw on this map does Benin hbs mean definetly AFRICAN/BLACK blood?

Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tutemkasret:

Thanks for the map..I equate race with the appearance of humans being classified with race. Race is a social contruct and humans today base this construct on positivism from the construct being made prior to our existence and I understand that that is why some people here have a problem with the word. I am not trying to be political about it, but it frustrates me when a white/caucasian guy comes in the forum and says Egyptians were white then all the blacks attack lol then turn around and say "there is no such thing as race"..it sounds contradicting that's all. We as humans intuit shapes as well as morals in our material existence and colors if one is not color blind and it's just human nature to apply deductive reasoning when seeing oneself and seeing another. I in no way promote discrimination if that is what the people here think I am trying to do. But, to say race isn't dictated by shapes and colors and features or traits of the appearance(phenotype) of a human being i just think that is dishonest regardless of whether it should be relevant or not to biology or human society..it just plain IS what it IS.

You fail to understand that 'black' is NOT a 'race' but a color or a type of phenotype. Phenotype, including color is NOT race!!

Tell me, what 'race' is the black person below??

-

quote:
Btw on this map does Benin hbs mean definetly AFRICAN/BLACK blood?
Well, scientifically blood itself is not classified by lineage let alone skin color! But yes, people who carry Benin hbs means they inherited it from African ancestors.
Posts: 26311 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Well you just called him black person so I would call him black/negro now I realize most people we call white are not white most we call yellow are not yellow and most we call black are not black. The color description denoting the social construct of race is ostensive at best, but hey we deal with what we deal with and besides the Egyptians never depicted themselves as "black skinned" literally anyway yet the people on this site are MORE THAN COMFORTABLE calling them black/negro. All though some say on this site "you cannot prove race biologically therefore it doesn't exist" well the problem with this is that manifest defintions are like existence itself IT JUST EXISTS and you CAN'T DISPROVE THEM. *shrugs* and the criteria for saying race DOESN'T exist is rather illogical considering the concept of race never was constructed on biology in the first place so how does one persons criteria for their argument(i.e race) outway another's criteria.
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Yes, I called him 'black' in reference to his color, but I asked for his race!!

Again, black is NOT a race but a color! You do realize that Western scholars distinguished black Abyssinians from black Nigerians as being different 'races'!

So what 'race' would you call him??

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
I understand what you are saying brother and I already told you that color descriptions denoting race are ostensive, but I would call him negroid
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Embarrassed] So I suppose the people below are not 'negroid' but 'mongoloid'.

-

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
I would say they were negroid(nose, prognathism, skin color and hair) as well, see I think you are trying to make me say the range is narrow concerning race..now with whites this maybe true but I am black so I know the features of black people..now is this biased? Maybe, but I would say it is a result of being more well rounded about seeing the traits so I would say it's a gift.
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In forensic anthropology, however, remains are often classified into one of the three populations: Black, White, or Asian. In U.S. legal practice, these are respectively termed "Negroid," "Caucasoid," and "Mongoloid". Based on these parameters, populations genetically unrelated to Mongoloids, such as the Khoisan, are found to be "Mongoloid.
Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I would say they were negroid(nose, prognathism, skin color and hair) as well, see I think you are trying to make me say the range is narrow concerning race..now with whites this maybe true but I am black so I know the features of black people..now is this biased? Maybe, but I would say it is a result of being more well rounded about seeing the traits so I would say it's a gift.

[Embarrassed] Why wouldn't you call them mixed?? As I recal slanted eyes are not a negroid trait.

Is it because those slanted eyes are coupled with "nappy" hair, dark skin and a broad nose???

Let me know what made you say they were "negroid", and why??

Firstly, what is a "negroid", someone who is dark brown in skin color, or someone who is dark brown and from AFRICA???

What are the parameters???

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these boys "Negroid" tute???

-

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
To tee: that is a good point about why could they not be mixed, but I assumed that Djehuty didn't give me any hybrids; which brings up the issue of hybrids. There are some Arabs that would look no different than an African American Mulatto or an Armenian or a Persian or a Native mixed with a spic etc. so I guess I will partially recant. I see your point thank you Tee [Smile] ...even though this would promote mesgenation which is a horrible thing for blacks to even consider which DOES make the whole "no races" thing a negative STILL towards blacks beause NOW instead of killing you and pumping you with AIDS they will just breed you out and this is what is going on in the Americas with African Americans they are perpetuating being breed out because they hate themselves and their black skin hence the reason they are the only people that dont like being called "negro or black", but "people of color" yet Europeans don't have a problem with "caucasian or white".

As far as the two boys they are the Brown(Austric) type. Keep the pics coming this is fun lol

tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
To my young padawon Djehuty:

Hey, would all of that Benin Hbs in the Middle East, Turkey and India be due to the Red Sea and Indian Ocean slave trade or is this a map of it being present in those areas before slavery?

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tut, could you refrain from using racial slurs like ''spic''? I believe in freedom of expression but not using racial slurs that might offend somebody.

The same goes for everybody else.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
oops I'm sorry I didn't even notice my bad
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:

In forensic anthropology, however, remains are often classified into one of the three populations: Black, White, or Asian. In U.S. legal practice, these are respectively termed "Negroid," "Caucasoid," and "Mongoloid". Based on these parameters, populations genetically unrelated to Mongoloids, such as the Khoisan, are found to be "Mongoloid.

Indeed. What Tutemuskrat fails to realize is that the yellowish complexions, slanted eyes, cheekbone structures are all "mongoloid" features. So how can they be called "negroid"??
quote:

To tee: that is a good point about why could they not be mixed, but I assumed that Djehuty didn't give me any hybrids; which brings up the issue of hybrids. There are some Arabs that would look no different than an African American Mulatto or an Armenian or a Persian or a Native mixed with a spic etc. so I guess I will partially recant.

LOL Arabs have always been a 'hybrid' people if there is such a thing. The original proto-Semitic languages originate in Africa among black Africans. The first 'Arabs' are the result of black migrants mixing with indigenous peoples in Southern Arabia. The Southern Arabs were the 'original' Arabs whereas northern Arabs of the Levant and Mesopotamia are known as 'Arabized'-Arabs.

quote:
I see your point thank you Tee [Smile] ...even though this would promote mesgenation which is a horrible thing for blacks to even consider which DOES make the whole "no races" thing a negative STILL towards blacks beause NOW instead of killing you and pumping you with AIDS they will just breed you out and this is what is going on in the Americas with African Americans they are perpetuating being breed out because they hate themselves and their black skin hence the reason they are the only people that dont like being called "negro or black", but "people of color" yet Europeans don't have a problem with "caucasian or white".
ridiculous political baggage-- which is exactly what 'race' typology is!

quote:
As far as the two boys they are the Brown(Austric) type. Keep the pics coming this is fun lol
LOL indeed! Funny how you called them 'brown' when they are just as dark as peoples in East Africa, yet you don't label them 'Negro' (which means black), but you do place the label on the San people whose picture I posted, even though they are much fairer in complexion. [Embarrassed]
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
To tee: that is a good point about why could they not be mixed, but I assumed that Djehuty didn't give me any hybrids; which brings up the issue of hybrids. There are some Arabs that would look no different than an African American Mulatto or an Armenian or a Persian or a Native mixed with a spic etc. so I guess I will partially recant. I see your point thank you Tee [Smile] ...even though this would promote mesgenation which is a horrible thing for blacks to even consider which DOES make the whole "no races" thing a negative STILL towards blacks beause NOW instead of killing you and pumping you with AIDS they will just breed you out and this is what is going on in the Americas with African Americans they are perpetuating being breed out because they hate themselves and their black skin hence the reason they are the only people that dont like being called "negro or black", but "people of color" yet Europeans don't have a problem with "caucasian or white".

What in the hell??? Can you elabrate a little on the bold letters for me?
Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adolphe is a stupid racist, so far, only Djehuti noticed that...but science is always around:
quote:
Estimating the Impact of Prehistoric Admixture on the Genome of Europeans
Isabelle Dupanloup*,1, Giorgio Bertorelle*, Lounès Chikhi and Guido Barbujani*
* Dipartimento di Biologia, Università di Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
UMR Evolution et Diversité Biologique, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France

A common ground for supporters of either model is the recognition that, as a rule, current European populations are hybrids, containing variable proportions of alleles derived from both Paleolithic settlers and Neolithic immigrants.

Basically what the above statement says is that Europeans are a mix of Asians and Black Africans in genetics.
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com