EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Why are questions not addressed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why are questions not addressed
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question about the word km.t and if anyone found out what the ".t" meant and noone answer yet any question about RACE of Egyptians everyone jumps to answer it. Why is this site consumed with the race of Egyptians more than their history and info???
Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tutemkasret:
I have a question about the word km.t and if anyone found out what the ".t" meant and noone answer yet any question about RACE of Egyptians everyone jumps to answer it. Why is this site consumed with the race of Egyptians more than their history and info???

posted 31 October, 2006 09:59 AM

What does herukhuti mean?
What is the Egyptian word for Sphinx is it Heru em Akhet? If so what does Akhet mean?
What does the word "khu" mean I have seen different explinations for this word?

thanks in advance

I think that you would get more answers but if I'm not mistaken in the past you were warned for throwing out insult by ausar

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004385;p=1#000012

Its hard to talk to someone who throw out insults because it shows a lack of maturity. The answer to your question has been answered hundreds of times on this forum.

I understand what it means but their are others who can explain it much better. The .t is used like the [s] in the english language or even the [im] in the hebrew language. To say Km is a signular word meaning 'black' but to add the .t, would make the word plural which reads as 'blacks'.

As far as the other post ... I will let others answer your questions.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called insecurity...Let's see how Adolphe behave now...
plan2replan Copyright © 2006 Africa

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the last time -> .t is a grammatical device that changes and adjective into plural feminine noun.

This is very simple.

People make it hard by choosing to be stupid about it, because they don't like the fact that AE referred to themselves as Blacks.

kem = "black" adjective, singular

kem.t = "blacks," noun, plural

nub = "gold" adjective, singular

nub.t = "gold" noun plural

More important...

Correction of thread title:

S/B:

Why do people start redundant threads asking the same question that has already been answered in other threads?

Do they imagine that if they start enough threads they can eventually get a different answer? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Africa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why do people start redundant threads asking the same question that has already been answered in other threads?
It's obvious, Adolphe has an agenda...

Posts: 711 | From: Africa | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Why is this site consumed with the race of Egyptians more than their history and info???

Evergreen Writes:

Anthropologists study Ancient Egypt in the framework of other Black African cultures to gain deeper insight into its indigenous traditions. In that modern Egypt has been impacted by invaders such as the Persians, Greeks, Arabs, Turks, etc. it is a best practice to study the AEs in their proper context - as a Black African people.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why are questions not addressed?...

No offense, but I think its because many of the questions you ask are either stupid or have been answered thousands of times to death on this forum.
Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Africa
Member # 12142

Member Rated:
quote:
No offense, but I think its because many of the questions you ask are either stupid or have been answered thousands of times to death on this forum.
Finally a poster who understands Adolphe's psyche...

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
tutemkasret:

I have a question about the word km.t and if anyone found out what the ".t" meant

To all those who have recognized that it has been already answered, you bet ya:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=004389;p=1#000000

--------------------
Truth - a liar penetrating device!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My preference is to stay from Black Africa usage and terminology because we rarely reference or use White Europe in common parlance. Just use Africa and Europe without prejudice and all the colourcoded BS.
Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Of course. We don't use the phrase 'white European' because of the automatic assumed correlation that European means white. On the other hand, there is the decades old notion that Africa does not mean black, due to the belief that only Sub-Saharan African means black while North African does not.

I think a shift is order to either just say African or use white European more frequently. Preferably both, if one is to get rid of the old silly notions more quickly.

Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yazid904:
My preference is to stay from Black Africa usage and terminology because we rarely reference or use White Europe in common parlance.

Because there is no claim in scholarship made that southern Europe belongs to non whites.

Therefore White Europe is redundant.

In the ancient past Black African was also redundant, but not today, obviously.

If the claim of ancient K-zoid, Eu-African, Medit, etc. is dropped, then it would be less necessary to specify that one is speaking of the Native melanodermic - ie - BLACK - population of Africa.

Even then, the reality is that some ancient populations of Northern Africa referred to themselves as Blacks.

There is actually more historical substantiation for the use of the term -BLACK- than for the use of the term African in this regard.

Black as and ethnic term is only controversial because of modern European and Arab racism.

Kemophobia, or hatred of Blacks is what needs to change.....not the use of the word.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com