EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: What is my look?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OT: What is my look?
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to live in Salt lake city, Utah, it seems there is a somewhat large sudanese/african population there. I was about to walk across a street when some middle-eastern looking guy with accented english asked me I if was sudanese, I said "no", he asked me if I was from america I said "yes", he gave me a "oh ok" look and I kept walking. I thought about it like "Am I really "that" dark?" since my idea of a sudanese is a djembe mutumbo lookalike (tall, very dark-skinned, wide nosed) I would later find out there is great diversity in that region of africa and no one stereotypical look. It also seems that some people from that general area bear a similar appearance to me and many of my family members, which ofcourse made me speculate on my specific ancestry and whether it was from that part of africa.

Here are some fuzzy pictures of myself. What do you think? Could I pass for an egyptian? Sudanese? Somali?
[IMG]  - [/IMG]

-

-

This is my cousin. we both have naturally wavy hair.

-

I never really thought about it untill recently, but I can see the resemblance between my family and alot of north-east africans.

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You posses very distinct jungle/forest negroid lips and nose
Ah, like the neolithic Greeks you mean...

One can identify Negroid traits of nose and prognathism appearing in Natufian latest hunters (McCown, 1939) and in Anatolian and Macedonian first farmers, probably from Nubia - Larry Angel.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You look like Nick Cannon the actor who played in DrumLine.

-
 -

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Macawiis
Member # 11724

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Macawiis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could dissappear in any part of Africa
Posts: 275 | From: .. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could pass for a modern Aswani Egyptian or a northern Sudanese. Since most of the Sudanese immigrants in Salt Lake City are probably from the south you probably think all Sudanese look like them. Although you can find lots of Sudanese in the north that resemble southern Sudanese, most northeners are slightly lighter and sometimes have narrow and broad features.

Northern Sudanese probably have a little Arab ancestry but their distinctive narrow features are not the result of intermixture.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tutemkasret
Member # 12109

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutemkasret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, like the neolithic Greeks you mean...

No such thing as neolithic Greeks, but I think you misunderstood my response to him he asked if he could pass for a northeast African and I said no.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..... Sexy! *wink* hey, someone had to say it. [Wink]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What of I? (Any and all ethnies please)
Taken about a year ago.
 -
 -
Sorry, they were the best on the PC at the current.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Willing thinker you look African american.

This is the only pic of me i have on my harddrive.

-

Would be cool if others could also post their pics.

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mmmkay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Since most of the Sudanese immigrants in Salt Lake City are probably from the south you probably think all Sudanese look like them
Actually, I admit, I have a stereotypical reaction, when people say "west african" or "sudanese" but I know full well the diversity and types of africans. I saw a few "northern" sudanese types in Salt lake, seriously, they look like they could be members of my family. But when I heard them speak.......it put things back into perspective. There were also some darker skinned egyptian immigrants who had a similar look aswell. This opened up the thought for me of regular egyptians to be a "black" people, since I previously considered them to be "arabic", but some of them look like my cousins or aunts.

-

What about my cousin, she probably looks even more east-african than I do. If she wore a hijab covering and I was just a casual observer I would think she was somali or eritrean.

Posts: 426 | From: Cali-for-nia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Willing Thinker, I would think you would be a more West African type.

@Mmmkay: Is your sister's hair naturally that wavy (the way she has it now), or is it slightly relaxed/curled/straightened?

Also, it's kind of hard to tell from that picture, but it looks like facially she would have a hard time blending into East Africa.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

thnx, Yom. [Smile]
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

Likewise with mine

quote:

Gee, really? I know, because african american has the greatest genetic diversity.
I guess you could say I look original. [Cool]

Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Willing Thinker:
thnx, Yom. [Smile]
quote:

Likewise with mine

quote:

Gee, really? I know, because african american has the greatest genetic diversity.
I guess you could say I look original. [Cool]

I say if you were to take a trip to West Africa, they would consider you mixed. (at least to some degree)

*pic from eid nov. 06*: http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12182006200925vl0.jpg

It was apparently crowded, but my friend felt the need for a "quick shot"... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 214 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nur23_you55ouf you were from Harar right, if i'm not mistaking? If so, what language do you speak, and do you have any somali relatives?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mmmkay
Member # 10013

Rate Member
quote:
Is your sister's hair naturally that wavy (the way she has it now), or is it slightly relaxed/curled/straightened?

It is naturally curly/wavy. I know, usually Black womens hair usually does'nt grow to that length, most of my family has either wavy or curly hair. She's my cousin by the way.

quote:
You look like Nick Cannon the actor who played in DrumLine.

yeah, I get that ALOT. Actually i got a funny story about that. I once tried to get into a popular club in San francisco by pretending to be nick cannon,...yeah it did'nt work....haha.

quote:
Also, it's kind of hard to tell from that picture, but it looks like facially she would have a hard time blending into East Africa.

Yeah I wish I had more pictures of her and other family members to show you but that one is the only digital pic of her. But If you look at her facial features and hair she has a pseudo-somali look.
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

-

Would be cool if others could also post their pics.

I'm curious, what does African Americans look like?

-

This is an image of myself and I'm an African American, but Willing Thinker looks nothing like me  -

One think about African Americans is that we have the features of every part in the great continent of Africa. I'm curious to what features Willing Thinker portray in Africa. West Africa is not really an answer because their are many cultures over there and it is funny how West Africans can look at you and know what part of West Africa you come from.

I dare not to ask about myself anymore because I know I have a lot of Native American in me so if someone has the ability to see through that, and know what part of Africa I look to be associate with; I would be suprised.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
RU2religious:
I'm curious, what does African Americans look like?

What i meant was that i don't know where to place him in Africa, he obviously does not look like a west african neither does he look like south, east, north, central or Sahel african (maybe he could be considered a coloured south african). So my only option was African American possibly carribean. He could by the way pass as a Cape Verdian coz i've seen alot of Cape Verdians in Gothenburg who look like Willing thinker.
Other than that i know theré is no typical African American look´since i've met alot of AA's in my school as exchanges and ofcourse we are all exposed to the american almost total media monopoly.

Whatbox
Member # 10819

^You got that right (yonis). AA people I know have wide and narrow noses, whether light or dark.

Actually a vast majority of my dark skinned cousins and relatives have narrow noses/faces, while that lighter skinned ones have wide noses/faces, and the lightest narrow faces but not noses.

quote:
I say if you were to take a trip to West Africa, they would consider you mixed. (at least to some degree)

I know that, I think I was just being a bit b****y.

--------------------

Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ru2religious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Actually a vast majority of my dark skinned cousins and relatives have narrow noses/faces"

Exactly, I have a narrow nose as well. Majority of the people in my family have narrow noses and We don't have europeans in our family line. We have Native American but not european.

I know a guy out here in Hollywood CA that can look at you and tell what part of Africa you have some link to; physically. This does nothing for y or mt dna analysis.

He looked at me and said I look like I was from Senegal (Wolof)or that I could trace my heritage to that tribe. The study I've done up to this point traces us (i.e. my family) back to the Wolof prior to what he's said.

I had a woman from Mali (Fulani) tell me that I looked to be Wolof or Burkina.

I guess its really a matter of opinion.

Peace!~

Posts: 951 | From: where rules end and freedom begins | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
nur23_you55ouf you were from Harar right, if i'm not mistaking? If so, what language do you speak, and do you have any somali relatives?

I'm not from harar, although i can speak harari quiet fluently. The only somali blood i can recall is from my grandmother(mom's side). She's half somali, half turkish.
Posts: 214 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post 
For those of us familiar with books entitled "for Dummies", think of the following thread as the online equivalent of such topics, in terms of myths of African phenotypic index and corresponding myths associated with geographical distribution:

Back to the extremely basic lessons of the nature of African diversity!

Notwithstanding, I bet a year from now, and even much less, some persons will post something on their [uneducated] perceptions of African phenotypes, which will indicate that they still don't get it even after being educated on the matter!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ru2religious
Member # 4547

Member Rated:
Very good link and I've read this link before.

That is the point I was pointing out when I asked "what does and African American look like". What stands true in Africa stands true in African Americans.

We cannot be placed in a box an to say that we look African American is as weak as saying someone looks like they are from West Africa or East Africa. It doesn't make sense to those who should aready know better.

Peace!~

Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can I post a jpeg image? How do I link an image. I know how to use the UBB code, but how do I link an image through the internet?

Interesting to see some of the posters. I have been away for a while but now I'm back. I see the loyal tribe is still at it. I really missed this board.

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of East Africans here (some coming out of the woodwork)! I don't have a good picture of me (and only me) on my computer, so I have nothing to offer, unfortunately.

quote:
Originally posted by nur23_you55ouf:
quote:

I'm not from harar, although i can speak harari quiet fluently. The only somali blood i can recall is from my grandmother(mom's side). She's half somali, half turkish.
Where are you from? Sudan?
Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Keins:
Can I post a jpeg image? How do I link an image. I know how to use the UBB code, but how do I link an image through the internet?

If you already have a pic on your computer then you just need to upload your pic and create a link by using one of those hosting sites, i use imageshack.us . And when it has created a link for your pic you just copy the jpg link and paste it here on one of your posts by sarrounding the hosted link with the "image" tag, thats basically it.
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have Greco noses and Mediteranean facial features. Asdide obvious skin colour you may even pass for a Greek [Smile]
Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Where does he fit in in Africa?

[img=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7113/keke2rv6.th.png]

[img=http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8326/keke3ze7.th.png]

[img=http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2053/kekede7.th.png]

Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Yom:
A lot of East Africans here (some coming out of the woodwork)! I don't have a good picture of me (and only me) on my computer, so I have nothing to offer, unfortunately.

quote:
quote:

lol no U.S.(Ethiopian parents) Where did you get that idea? [Big Grin]

edit: i see now. [Embarrassed]

Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

What do you see (i.e. what makes my misconception obvious?)? I made that guess because you were Muslim and had Turkish blood (which a few N. Sudanese do). I am Ethiopian too, BTW.
Nuary32
Member # 10191

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nuary32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

What do you see (i.e. what makes my misconception obvious?)? I made that guess because you were Muslim and had Turkish blood (which a few N. Sudanese do).
I thought you assumed i was sudanese since i specified not being from harar, and implied a non somalian nationality when i said "only somali blood". (as well as my muslim religion being a factor)

^ I basically thought you used your deduction based on the words said in my post, to guess my nationality.

My assumption was flawed however, since you could have named other east african countries. [Confused]

quote:
I am Ethiopian too, BTW.
cool
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting. People think that I am from Nigeria or Ghana. I get that all the time. Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
UP...

quote:

fellati achawi
Member # 12885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fellati achawi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AA'S in my opinion are their own race. We have things that can be traced back to ta-khent( i mean africa) and we have things that can be traced back to europe and the americas culturally and physically too. We may have some of us who look like africans however , from my experience YOU WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTED EXCEPT FROM YOUR OWN. Africans will not relate with you culturally or ethnically. Ive seen it and experienced too much. We are pretty much cut lineage wise from the continent. We have a distinct culture and civilization amongst ourselves in which people in the continental and oconus emulate. AA's are not taking over countries with military but as a socio-ethno we really embody keme-ou. I just see AA's as a distinct in everything.

--------------------
لا اله الا الله و محمد الرسول الله

Posts: 495 | From: anchorage, alaska | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PEPI_KHEM
Member # 12897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEPI_KHEM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is how i look like, I was banned a year ago
 -

--------------------
Returned from exile

Posts: 77 | From: AMSTERDAM | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I remember you, you look like this one of my friends. .. Lifts all the time.

- Love this thread.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:

Can't guess anymore because this might put us in a risky situation where supercar might start calling us "dummies" again for relating your look with a specific african region.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^Lol that's true I had been thinking about that.

Granted, it did take me a while to read it all for myself instead of asking what it meant (I was being very lazy) and I'm glad I did read it and grasp it for my self (as I do most things) .

Oh, and if it was my "african american's have the greatest genetic diversity" remark that tipped his sensors then I was just 'pullin a horemheb' LOL I just made that one up [Big Grin] (I was puposely doing so, trying to entice confrontation; I wanted some attention to this thread..)

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

Can't guess anymore because this might put us in a risky situation where supercar might start calling us "dummies" again for relating your look with a specific african region.

I put forth the challenge that there is no such thing as a generic "East African" and "West African" look; if you are up to the task, you'll answer to the challenge of proving otherwise. It's that simple. [Smile]

Ps- And oh, next time have the decency to 'cite' what was actually said, and not produce a lie.

[ 06. February 2007, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: Horus_Den_1 ]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Supercar next time to don't add offending comments or else i have to delete your posts as a whole
Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:

Ps- And oh, next time have the decency to 'cite' what was actually said, and not produce a lie.

Which lie, there is no lie.

"For those of us familiar with books entitled "for Dummies" , think of the following thread as the online equivalent of such topics."

"Notwithstanding, I bet a year from now, and even much less, some persons will post something on their [uneducated] perceptions of African phenotypes , which will indicate that they still don't get it even after being educated on the matter!"

You basically called us "Dummies" for trying to classify people here into a specific region of africa, No? or maybe it's my english [Smile]

Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

quote:

Which lie, there is no lie.
Of course, it is a boldfaced lie. Where did I say what you claim I said?

Yonis uses the following….

"For those of us familiar with books entitled "for Dummies" , think of the following thread as the online equivalent of such topics."

"Notwithstanding, I bet a year from now, and even much less, some persons will post something on their [uneducated] perceptions of African phenotypes , which will indicate that they still don't get it even after being educated on the matter!"

To say that it is equivalent to this:

quote:
Yonis:
You basically called us "Dummies" for trying to classify people here into a specific region of africa, No?

Who other than Yonis, cannot see the stupidity inherent in this comparison?

quote:
Yonis:
or maybe it's my english

You bet, it is your English. Go and learn proper English.

quote:
Originally posted by Horus_Den_1:

Supercar next time to don't add offending comments or else i have to delete your posts as a whole

I suppose lying and proclaiming that it comes from me, isn’t offensive in its own right? I called Yonis’ actions for what it is. How do you characterize someone whining about being reprimanded for stating something? If what you say holds any water, what do you have to worry about, with regards to what others might or might not say; I mean, you should be able to defend your position. If you wish to delete my posts for being brutally honest, then Horus, by all means feel free to do so.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horus_Den_1
Member # 12222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horus_Den_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:

quote:
Originally posted by Horus_Den_1:

I suppose lying and proclaiming that it comes from me, isn’t offensive in its own right? I called Yonis’ actions for what it is. How do you characterize someone whining about being reprimanded for stating something? If what you say holds any water, what do you have to worry about, with regards to others might or might not say; I mean, you should be able to defend your position. If you wish to delete my posts for being brutally honest, then Horus, by all means feel free to do so.
Supercar you and Yonis are one of the senior members here please set an example, if you feel injustice was done to you then your post below was very clear on your stand

quote:
I put forth the challenge that there is no such thing as a generic "East African" and "West African" look; if you are up to the task, you'll answer to the challenge of proving otherwise. It's that simple. [Smile]

it's not neccessary to add inflammatory comments

let's keep the peace! and this goes for everybody let's not get personal

Posts: 107 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
quote:
Supercar:

I don't need to learn more english than i already know.
How many languages do you speak? I speak four languages and English is my third language. And i understand 98% of what's written in English, that is unless people exaggerate their posts with difficult and confusing sentence building. I normally don't read Altakruris posts because i don't understand them, and in your case you also tend to sometimes exaggerate in your writing thats why some missunderstanding can arise now and then. Maybe you should start writting in plain english if you feel that people misinterpret your posts, which has frankly happend alot considering the conflicts you have been engaged in where people have missunderstood your posts, just a thought.

Tee85
Member # 10823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tee85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made this thread a minute ago. I was told I look like a tropical African with broad morphologies(whatever the hell that is)

I agree, Black Americans do have our own unique looks.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:

quote:
Supercar:

I don't need to learn more english than i already know.
Denial of a problem, is a common phenomenon.

quote:
Yonis:

How many languages do you speak?

To put it politely, just concern yourself with the medium being used here, which is English!

quote:
Yonis:

And i understand 98% of what's written in English, that is unless people exaggerate their posts with difficult and confusing sentence building. I normally don't read Altakruris posts because i don't understand them, and in your case you also tend to sometimes exaggerate in your writing thats why some missunderstanding can arise now and then.

There is nothing 'exaggerating' about my post. It is quite simple for anyone who understands basic English.

quote:
Yonis:

Maybe you should start writting in plain english

Just because you fail to understand something written in plain English, doesn't mean the fault lies with me. What part of my post didn't you understand?

quote:
Yonis:

if you feel that people misinterpret your posts, which has frankly happend alot considering the conflicts you have been engaged in where people have missunderstood your posts, just a thought.

Logical fallacy appeal to 'popularity'. Who else other than yourself, didn't understand my post?

You know Yonis, there is such a thing as 'asking questions for clarification', if you aren't sure about what is being communicated. It beats making stuff up, and crediting somebody else with it. That's just "a thought"!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com