EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » OT: China's Expanding Role in Africa (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: OT: China's Expanding Role in Africa
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CSIS Report

http://www.csis.org/media/csis/pubs/chinainafrica.pdf

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Wysinger
Member # 10126

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Wysinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
“WANTED: A Fast-growing Asian economy would like to meet African nations for mutually beneficial ‘strategic partnership’. Must have large supply of oil or other natural resources.”

Is China colonizing Africa?

Posts: 1549 | From: California, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evergreen
Member # 12192

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evergreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Myra Wysinger:
“WANTED: A Fast-growing Asian economy would like to meet African nations for mutually beneficial ‘strategic partnership’. Must have large supply of oil or other natural resources.”

Evergreen Writes:

In my mind, this is known as being a part of the global economy.

Posts: 2007 | From: Washington State | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^global economy = pimp all colored people of their wealth & natural resources
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistFormerlyKnownAsHeru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^because colored people are too beautiful and peaceful, and we feel like sh*t therefore me must sh*t on them [Smile]
Posts: 3423 | From: the jungle - when y'all stop playing games, call me. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are EXCELLENT !! articles on Asia Times Online about China and Africa.

A MUST READ !

China smiles at Africa with two faces

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/IA13Ad01.html

Emperor Hu's new clothes for Africa
http://atimes.com/atimes/China_Business/IB08Cb08.html

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
despite my reasoning, my intuition urges me that China might be good for Africa...

Perhaps all the negative sentiments are just orchestrated western propaganda (to prevent Africa from allying with people who can actually deliver us from the belly of the beast). Who knows.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol!

All too true. There hasnt been TRUE trade with Africa for resources since the 1800s. Every since then it has been thinly veiled excuses for STEALING resources from Africa. Trade is not coming into your house and taking what I want and even while giving a you a new love chair. Trade is standing at the doorstep or at the outside yard sale and purchasing what YOU are selling yourself at the prices that you wish to sell them. Every country that goes to Africa goes to Africa to CONTROL the trade in resources NOT to trade with Africans. Trading with Africans does not mean building foreign owned mines in Africa that take MOST of the money for such resources OUT of Africa. Trading with Africa means buying these resources from African owned companies so that they can make MOST of the money, which would build African economies. Bottom line, Africa will always be poor as long as their so called TRADING partners are making MORE money off of African resources, labor and land than Africans themselves. It is simple mathematics. The whole world has been using Africa as a source of capital for the last 300 years and does not intend to stop anytime soon. The resources of Africa are bankrolling many economies outside of Africa while Africans are starving and impoverished.

The whole point behind all of this is that the economic policies toward Africa are designed to reinforce and sustain such a one way movement of wealth out of Africa. If the Chinese, an advanced industrial economy, were REALLY trading with Africa, they would be selling trucks, tractors, bulldozers, spare parts and training to Africans so that they could build their OWN infrastructure. Africans aren't STOOPID. What Africa lacks is industrial capability. Yet most industrial nations view their industrial capability and know how as their own precious commodity, which gives them a leg up over those countries who do NOT have an industrial capacity. Therefore, instead of SELLING industrial equipment to Africa, they push their OWN companies to go to Africa and build infrastructure, which does not allow Africans to control their OWN development and become independent. Therefore, it makes them dependent on foreigners, as they still do not have the ability to make industrial equipment themselves. Foreign countries know this and therefore exploit this to the fullest extent, for their own benefit.

In the mineral and agricultural sector, it is even more blatantly obvious how much of a joke this is. The cost of the equipment for a mine is dwarfed by the amount of money that the mine makes in ONE year. A reasonable sized diamond or gold mine can make billions a year. The equipment for such a mine may cost into the hundreds of millions at most. In fact, even the biggest vehicle in the world only costs 100 million dollars, which is relatively cheap when you are making billions from ONE mine, let alone if you own MULTIPLE mines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket-wheel_excavator

Mines pay for themselves, yet Africans are NEVER allowed to get access to the CAPITAL they need to START such operations for themselves. THIS is where the UNFAIR aspects of the international desire for African resources is displayed most obviously. China's banks give their CAPITAL to Chinese companies, including mining and industrial companies, to go to Africa and do the work, NOT Africans. Banks are an institution of STATE designed to SUPPORT the economic activities of STATE, not FOREIGNERS. Africans cannot go to Chinese, Japanese, American, French or British banks directly and get the kinds of financing that the expatriates from these same countries can get for mining concerns or industrial activity in Africa. And Africans have NO CAPITAL themselves. Which goes back to the reason the foreigners are there in the first place, to take capital OUT of Africa. Everyone knows that CAPITAL is the basis of modern economics, yet whenever economists or politicians talk about poverty in Africa, they always talk about hand outs. Hand outs are not going to create independent economies. Capital makes strong economies, but hand outs make politicians look good, even WHILE they are making deals to TAKE MORE CAPITAL out of Africa. Africans have only ONE WAY that they can begin to grow economically and that is to KEEP CAPITAL IN AFRICA. It is all about the bottom line, which is basic math, meaning at the end of the day, how much capital is going OUT of the country versus how much capital is staying IN the country. No amount of reports by the World Bank, good intentions by relief agencies or happy talk by foreign officials is going to change the fact that as long as Africa continues to export MORE capital than it keeps IN Africa, in the hands of black Africans, they are going to stay poor, starving, undereducated and malnourished. How does building a couple schools in Liberia help when 90% of Liberia's exports are rubber and 100% of the rubber industry is owned by FOREIGNERS?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/05/africa_liberia0_rubber_republic/html/1.stm

The nonsense of China's trade policy towards Africa can be seen in the fact that out of all the things that Africa NEEDS from an advanced industrial economy like China, what do they get? Cheap textile imports........

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^but how is it China's fault that Africans are not asking for things like tractors, bulldozers, training, etc (to build our own Infrastructure)?

Isn't Africa's true problem european imperialism and its effects? including all sorts of manipulation and Arabic violence in the north?

To the best of my knowledge, China has never been convicted of having 'bad intentions' for Africa. There is nothing wrong with them wanting to profit (isn't that what we all want?).

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are two sides to this. First, China NEEDS the resources in Africa. Their goal is to not only to get ACCESS to African resources, but to generate CAPITAL from such resources, which would go into China's economy. This is therefore the first and foremost concern of China's politicians in any talks with Africans. China is not in Africa for Africa's benefit. They are there for China's benefit. African leaders may have asked, but how much power do they have, especially against a power like China? They cannot flat refuse to let China in, because this would be portrayed as Africans turning down "help" from China, even though it is not really help. I dont know what the Africans have or have not asked for, but just because they ask does not mean they will get it, especially if what they are asking for is going to go AGAINST the interests of the foreign countries that they are negotiating with.

It is in the interest of foreign countries to keep things as they are in Africa and therefore, no matter how much talk there is, it is not really going to change anything, because nobody really WANTS to change it.

In any negotiations between two countries, the more powerful party usually gets the best of the negotiations. It is hard to say what Africans are or are not asking for, but we know what they are NOT getting. A good example of this is Shirleaf Johnson in Liberia. She is a former economist for the World Bank. Now I know FULL WELL she knows that as long as 100% of Liberia's trade in rubber is dominated by foreigners her country will never become independent or wealthy. So why isn't she asking for more control of her own resources?

Posts: 8897 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^I see your point but WHY should China go into Africa for Africa's benefit? Nobody does that.

However, could it be that over time, if African nations trade more and more with the Chinese, things will start to get better until we gain an acceptable (by African standards) way of life (akin to the peace we had in ancient times).

This is one big chess game and the Chinese cannot allow their kindness to become a weakness and give some sort of advantage to the west. It is my deep conviction that people from the west are natually evil & destructive (even when it isnt neccessary to behave that way) while the orientals are not.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
My main point: Africans/Black people need to be careful not to apply the same standard of behaviour to all peoples on the planet. The Chinese never came into Africa to sh*t on us before, why should they do it now?
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
I never said that the Chinese came to Africa to sh*t on anyone. They came for their own economic INTERESTS, which takes priority over the interests of Africans. Africa's interest is to make MOST of the money off the trade of their own resources. As long as they are doing that it doesn't matter who trades with them. THAT is in Africa's interest as they are the ones who are seen as being in poverty. And gaining capital through controlling the trade in resources, their labor and land is the only way to do it.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^understood.

Still, I think the Chinese doing more business with Africa is a step in a 'better' direction towards acheiving that which you wish Africans should achieve.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
If the Chinese help establish a win/win situation in Africa - where they benefit (i.e. make profit) and we progress at the same time (real progress, not the sort that Europeans try to establish in Africa), then I DON'T SEE ANY PROBLEMS.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To use Mohammed Ali's quote:

quote:
No Chinese ever called me a Nigger

Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^real talk
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug M,

We Africans kicked out the Western imperialists, and the racist Indians in East Africa.

And we will not hesitate one second if China violates our hospitality.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^were the Indians in Uganda really racist? or was it just a case of (it's always them) Europeans causing a divide & conquer situation in there?

Do you really think if Indians & Africans had to co-exist in any country (without a third party there to mess things up), that they (the Indians) would be racist?

My experience is that Indians only have a negative perception of Africans/Black people because of the propaganda they've been fed (and how they see Black people live in the western world). And EVEN in cases where I've met apprehensive Indians, they can't help but let their good nature shine through, despite their negative views of Black people. In my books, those are good peoples.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^FYI, I'm speaking of the majority population of Indians, not the ruling elites/Brahims...
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Young Horus:
If the Chinese help establish a win/win situation in Africa - where they benefit (i.e. make profit) and we progress at the same time (real progress, not the sort that Europeans try to establish in Africa), then I DON'T SEE ANY PROBLEMS.

I never said I was agaist China. What I am FOR is Africa, especially black Africans. The only win/win situation is where Africans doing business with ANYONE are making MOST of the money out of the deal, not letting everyone ELSE get most of the money. This is not a China issue it is a global issue. Business is all about making money. If Africans dont own the businesses they cant make the money. This includes mines, factories and farms. Just being paid a minimum wage working for some foreign owned company will NOT make money for Africans. It is about Africans OWNING businesses, making MOST of the profits and putting these profits into AFRICAN banks so that it can turn over WITHIN Africa and provide funding for MORE African businesses. There IS no magic bullet in this respect. The name of the game is for Africans to take control of their OWN economies by becoming the major owners and controllers of the companies IN Africa, especially those in the mining, agricultural and industrial sector. Who owns most of the companies in China? Who owns most of the companies in Taiwan? Who owns most of the companies in the U.S.? Who owns most of the companies in Europe? Who owns most of the companies in Africa? Who is well off and who is in poverty? Think there is a correlation? Absolutely there is.

But to change things we need to stop worrying about the PERCEPTION of China and any "damage" against China's interests and start worrying about Africa and Africa's interests. Africans are the ones in poverty. Africans are the ones facing an environmental crisis and potential food shortages. Therefore they have no time to WORRY about anyone else's problems BUT their own and to deal from a position of SOLVING these problems, not about who might be hurt if Africans controlled their OWN. Why would you worry about someone else when you have been suffering and are suffering from everyone else's greed? You will never get ahead worrying more about everyone else's feelings and concerns while not worrying about your OWN crumbling situation.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
^FYI, I'm speaking of the majority population of Indians, not the ruling elites/Brahims...

Not only Brahims.

Indians (& South Asians) in East Africa did not belong to upper cast. They were imported from Brithish government to build railways and other infrastructures. It's a fact that they collaborated with British, and that is why the Indians are having hard time to be accepted in to society after the Apartheid in South Africa.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
quote:

I never said I was agaist China. What I am FOR is Africa, especially black Africans. The only win/win situation is where Africans doing business with ANYONE are making MOST of the money out of the deal, not letting everyone ELSE get most of the money. This is not a China issue it is a global issue. Business is all about making money. If Africans dont own the businesses they cant make the money. This includes mines, factories and farms. Just being paid a minimum wage working for some foreign owned company will NOT make money for Africans. It is about Africans OWNING businesses, making MOST of the profits and putting these profits into AFRICAN banks so that it can turn over WITHIN Africa and provide funding for MORE African businesses. There IS no magic bullet in this respect. The name of the game is for Africans to take control of their OWN economies by becoming the major owners and controllers of the companies IN Africa, especially those in the mining, agricultural and industrial sector. Who owns most of the companies in China? Who owns most of the companies in Taiwan? Who owns most of the companies in the U.S.? Who owns most of the companies in Europe? Who owns most of the companies in Africa? Who is well off and who is in poverty? Think there is a correlation? Absolutely there is.

But to change things we need to stop worrying about the PERCEPTION of China and any "damage" against China's interests and start worrying about Africa and Africa's interests. Africans are the ones in poverty. Africans are the ones facing an environmental crisis and potential food shortages. Therefore they have no time to WORRY about anyone else's problems BUT their own and to deal from a position of SOLVING these problems, not about who might be hurt if Africans controlled their OWN. Why would you worry about someone else when you have been suffering and are suffering from everyone else's greed? You will never get ahead worrying more about everyone else's feelings and concerns while not worrying about your OWN crumbling situation.

Agreed.
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Arwa:
quote:
^FYI, I'm speaking of the majority population of Indians, not the ruling elites/Brahmins...

Not only Brahims.

Indians (& South Asians) in East Africa did not belong to upper cast. They were imported from Brithish government to build railways and other infrastructures. It's a fact that they collaborated with British, and that is why the Indians are having hard time to be accepted in to society after the Apartheid in South Africa.

Are you sure it was collaboration and not coercion?
alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd love seeing the flood of cool "toys" and gadgets
coming out of China get manfactured anywhere in Africa,
like Kenya used to prefabricate and assemble the Sanyo
line of electonics decades ago.

http://www.sanyoarmco.com/enter%20intro.htm

http://www.sanyoarmco.com/lcd%20intro.htm

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
I think we can learn a lot from China. One thing is how they brought millions (250?) of people out of poverty in lest than 25 years. Unheard in mankind history.

If that is not win-win situation, then I don't know what it is.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doug M,

We Africans kicked out the Western imperialists, and the racist Indians in East Africa.

Since when were the indians in Uganda racist? [Confused] They were just more entrprenurial than the locals and thus gained power in and influence in the ugandan economyeconomy, this is what Idi Amin hated and because of this kicked them out, it wasn't about racism.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
^FYI, I'm speaking of the majority population of Indians, not the ruling elites/Brahmins...

Not only Brahims.

Are you sure it was collaboration and not coercion?
Yes,

quote:
Their economic success, advancements in education and strong cultural beliefs at times bring them into conflict with the majority black Africans, some of whom believe the Indian progress happened at the expense of natives.

"Africans find Indians very exclusive, inward looking people. There is a general sense that Indians benefited from apartheid. So, the tensions, wounds and divisions run deep even 10 years after the demise of apartheid," says Durban-based sociologist, Ashwin Desai.

This aloofness at times triggered tension, as in 2002 when South African playwright and composer Mbongeni Ngema wrote a song called Amandiya, which asked Africans to rise against the Indian community.

Tensions ran high and for some it rekindled the memories of interracial riots of 1949.

Mbongeni Ngema says his purpose was to remind the government and the Indians about bridging the gap between the two communities.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3986885.stm
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^LOL!!! that's an article from the BBC - yes, the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Trust them to give an "un-biased" view [Roll Eyes]

I hear the propaganda being broadcasted loud & clear...

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
quote:
Doug M,

Since when were the indians in Uganda racist? :confused: They were just more entrprenurial than the locals and thus gained power in and influence in the ugandan economyeconomy, this is what Idi Amin hated and because of this kicked them out, it wasn't about racism.
As usual, Yonis, you are ignorant about history.

Watch and learn.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alTakruri   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only east and south Africa, but the West Indies
also has a poor track record for African-Indian social
and political relations.

As an anomally, in the USA I've encountered Indians
running CompSci industries who prefer to hire Black
Americans.

Posts: 8014 | From: the Tekrur in the Western Sahel | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
Doug M,

Since when were the indians in Uganda racist? [Confused] They were just more entrprenurial than the locals and thus gained power in and influence in the ugandan economyeconomy, this is what Idi Amin hated and because of this kicked them out, it wasn't about racism.
As usual, Yonis, you are ignorant about history.

Watch and learn.

Really, and should i learn it from you? maybe you could take the time by backing up your unfounded statement of indian racists in uganda, instead of making stupid personal remarks.
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:

Altakuri:
and political relations.

Americans.

^WHO has not been pitched against Blacks/Africans in the past/present?

In south central L.A. Blacks & Latinos are still kiiling each other... go figure.

I think we are not looking at CAUSES here but EFFECTS. Indians, DON'T have a general hatred for Africans. That's a FACT.

Know thy Self, Know thy Enemy. Indians are NOT our enemies.

Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Among these brains here everyone is an enemy and racist against "blacks".
PEPI_KHEM
Member # 12897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEPI_KHEM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Doug M,

Brother i feel you, Nice said
Posts: 77 | From: AMSTERDAM | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
^LOL!!! that's an article from the BBC - yes, the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Trust them to give an "un-biased" view :rolleyes:

I hear the propaganda being broadcasted loud & clear...

Pick another one
http://www.trinicenter.com/WorldNews/ghandi4.htm

and weep !!

PEPI_KHEM
Member # 12897

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PEPI_KHEM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
and political relations.

Americans.

In Suriname, There were also riots between East-Indians & blacks, But that was when Suriname was a colony of the Netherlands, After the independence there where no riots till this day
Posts: 77 | From: AMSTERDAM | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
In reply to Arwa's last post:

^I know about the caste system in India and I know about Ghandi's real orientation, but do you know about the Brahmins who put that in place? do you know about the Dravidian civilisation that came before all that?

And all those INDIANS in the lower castes, are they not victims?

Have Black people not been known to participate in the hatred towards their own after centuries of subjugation?

Again, I ask you'all to look at the CAUSES of these situations/EFFECTS. Doesn't there always seem to be some color element to it?

I think if you dig deeper, you'll find that the INDIANS are in the exact same situation that AFRICANS are in - confusion, delusion etc by a force so great in evil, we haven't been able to fully comprehend it, even after thousands of years of struggling with it.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

And all those INDIANS in the lower castes, are they not victims?

What victims (NOTE!, I don't mean only Hindu Indians but there are Muslim Indians who consider Africans "They are not quite human yet. They are nearer monkeys. Would you let your daughter marry a monkey?")

Look how these LOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWER casts thread outside their cast (you know the "monkeys")

Why should I feel sorry for any Indian when he believes caste system?

Member # 11484

Rate Member
^They don't need you to feel sorry for them, just don't hate on them.

You have good intentions and are angry/frustrated about the situation of Africans around the globe. However, I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture and this is dangerous.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Not only east and south Africa, but the West Indies also has a poor track record for African-Indian social and political relations.

There is some truth to this about the Asian Indian vs African socio-political conflict but at the community level, there has always been a common respect. At the political level, there has been resentment with too much of dem (Indians) gaining power and becoming insular and choosing dey own kind to the exclusion of all others (usually African ethnicity). Those of African ethnicity work for the government and the Indian usually run and own a business. Indians send their children to university and Africans always teefing (stealing) robbing and kidnapping. This is a stereotype but there is an element of some truth because it does happen.

All parents regardless of ethnicity usually aspire to sent their chirren to university but the stereotypes do exist! Referring to T&T, Guyana and Suriname!

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:

Look at Gandhi, he was not from elites, but 3rd. class cast system, and look his racist views.
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
quote:

You have good intentions and are angry/frustrated about the situation of Africans around the globe. However, I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture and this is dangerous.

You are telling me, I should look at the bigger picture. Why not feel sorry for poor Nazists?
Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
ARWA: Look at Gandhi, he was not from elites, but 3rd. class cast system, and look his racist views.
^yeah, agreed. Look at condoleeza rice [Roll Eyes]

you're still not seeing the bigger picture. What, are you going to run around weak Blacks & Asians and ignore the real culprits?

Judge by cause, not by effect. --deciphered from an Egyptian Temple.

alTakruri
Member # 10195

Rate Member
I have no Indian enemies. The Indians in my life are
blacker than me. In my ASA days I pushed for East
African Indian inclusion, however, the Kenyans in
particular were lukewarm to eyerolling about them.

The day to day reality, since like forever, is the
Indian shopkeeper has shown no abiding love
and harmony toward their African customers.

Again, I've only experienced attempts at collusion
with their fellow blacks from degreed Indians. An
exception may be the Indian Jewish community which
has always been in harmony with the West African
American Jewish community who even once had such
a one as the president of their association in New York city.

And true I find the gratuitous use of the
word "racism" on this forum, for any so
slight an infraction as looking crosseyed,
to be a trivialization of effectual racism,
where one is denied education, employment,
housing, etc., due to one's perceived race.

quote:
quote:

Altakuri:
and political relations.

Americans.

^WHO has not been pitched against Blacks/Africans in the past/present?

In south central L.A. Blacks & Latinos are still kiiling each other... go figure.

I think we are not looking at CAUSES here but EFFECTS. Indians, DON'T have a general hatred for Africans. That's a FACT.

Know thy Self, Know thy Enemy. Indians are NOT our enemies.

quote:
Among these brains here everyone is an enemy and racist against "blacks".

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

You are telling me, I should look at the bigger picture. Why not feel sorry for poor Nazists?
I don't feel sorry for them because the Germans (generally speaking) were racist before AND after the nazis. They still are.
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone asked what's the problem?

The problem seems to be that:

A. There are people who are offended that Africans are actually involved in the global marketplace. It is an afront to their psychotic stereotypes.

B. Western businesses and governments have a problem with Africans and Chinese doing business with one another.

C. People have a low opinion about Africans and think of them as losers and dummies. So any business deal is naturally a bad one for them.

D. Western media knows this and exploits this.

Look at the stereotypes of Africans and Chinese and you can see right through all of these western news "articles". The "poor pitiful Africans" are getting used by the brainy Chinese or other ethnicity.

I'm amazed at how so many people of African decent fall for it.

Nobody really knows the nuts and bolts of these deals but the "poor pitiful African" crowd immediately insult Africans and their intelligence by saying they don't know what they are doing and are being used.

I certainly don't know any of the nuts and bolts as I am not in the room doing any of the haggling. Just like any other deal across the globe it may be good or it may be bad. However I don't view Africans as "poor pitiful losers", so I just naturally assume that they have haggled deals that are to their benefit.

Both India, China, and a host of other countries all have foreign investors, yet you don't see anyone moaning about them being colonized.

Why people fall for these news articles and reports is just mindblowing. These corporations haven't signed a contract with you saying they won't lie or mislead you. All anyone has to do is look at the lies about African history and culture to realize just why anything they say should be at best viewed with skepticism or at worst viewed as a lie.

They are going to frame Africa as the only place in the world to be colonized.

That they are the only people in the world to be slaves.

That Africans are helpless cowards.

They are the only people in the world who needed other folks to bring them their culture.

That every single African is poor.

They also fantasize that Africans are a mixed lot where everyone from Rob Roy to Yu Yee to Chief Rapid Water to Al Hassan Habib to Raji Singh Valeiaitomeuliaquirnalo to Julio Hector Manuel had more sex with African women than African men.

So why not use your brain and recognize that these nuts are going to tell their lies and just dismiss the garbage that they throw out.

I would also like to know when they say "China is colonizing Africa" do they mean Libya, Algereia, Tunisia as well or certain other African countries.

My guess is they mean the "certain other African countries" because of the negative topic. If it was a positive topic they would have sectioned off Africa into different pieces to avoid demolishing pathological stereotypes.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11484

Rate Member
^YES, INDEED. Like I said, the problem comes from a source and we know that source... yet some people will go and dig out an article from the BBC [Roll Eyes]
Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Young Horus,

Stop vitaminizing the Indian Cast System! They are the real culprits! I thank God they had not the same opportunity as the European to colonize Africa.

Look at China and India. Same population size, same economic growth, and look how India neglect their own people, because the cast system does not allow to improve the poor people condition!!! It's their fault from previous lives that they are poor.

At least the Western countries have legal systems to hide.

Member # 11484

Rate Member
quote:
One_and_Done said:
B. Western businesses and governments have a problem with Africans and Chinese doing business with one another.

This point is VERY important and Africans should be happy whenever westerners are not happy about something we're doing. Of course, as with all things in life, there are exceptions and one should employ the faculty of discernment at all times and avoid complacency...
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com