EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Museums or Bandit Lairs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Museums or Bandit Lairs?
Ephestion
Member # 12836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ephestion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am starting to see museums as Bandit lairs filled with spoils and prizes. What has also concerned me is that if we were all to disapear tomorrow would the next intelegent life form think that life and all things started at this place:

http://www.british-museum.ac.uk/

I mean they have stolen around 6million artifacts, some countries dont want them back because they have been maliciously distorted. Other countries know what they look like and demand them back every year.

Your opinions on the British Museum and Museums in General. Should some countries be trusted more than others? Should artifacts be allowed to be sold like common items?

Posts: 104 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stolen artifacts should be treated the same as stolen car parts, if you buy or sell them you are guilty`
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com