EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » @ Mods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: @ Mods
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guy I know from Mootstormfront told me he tried to post here as Salmonsandwich, but he was banned. Can someone please unban him?
Posts: 7079 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a moderator nor am I trying to speak for them. I went to that dreg of a website you named and have a question.

Why are you trying to bring a bunch of loser race obsessed animals to this board? The obsessing of Africans, the using of the terms Negro and Negroid, the preoccupation that whites are pure. Others particularly Africans are not.

Why don't you go join your braindead buddies back at that moron shack.

Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
One_and_Done
Member # 10712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for One_and_Done         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would advise people not to go to that board. It is just a watered down version of sf. I believe the rodent that initiated this thread just wanted to advertise that place.
Posts: 76 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Been saying the above about these passive aggressor trolls since they showed up.

They are like nasty little alley cats who drag dead vermin in thru the front door for -consideration- as dinner.

Tyro- I wouldn't want to be a moderator, but if I were - I would have banned you after the second PA-troll thread you posted....you must up to like 12 now. No warning, no argument, and no explanation...just 'splat' like a bug under a shoe.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new here but. . .
whatever happened to constructive criticism. If he was banned from this site then he should not be re-instated. otherwise give him/her a chance. He can always be sent packing. To me it is always good to hear "sound arguments" for or against so that we/you can challenge our intellect. By asking are we on the right track?

we don't want to become delusional like other people.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had Salmon Sandwitch banned because I felt he only came here to cause trouble. He made some off the wall racist comments that I don't let anybody get away with. My actions stand and I shall ban anybody that makes comments I feel are racist. Not to mention his posts contained name calling.

Constructive criticism and even alternative views are allowed within reason. You cannot just come here and expouse Nation of Islam or Neo-Nazi rhetoric. One time I catch you posting or making references to the following I will have you banned.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ [Embarrassed] Well, that sounds good enough reason to bann someone.

When Moot Stormfront originally came out, it seemed like an okay forum that was against stormfront (although a waste of time and energy in my opinion for trying to make any attempts to "moot" white supremacist nuts), but has the board really become as bad as One_and_Done said?!

If so, T-rex, I'm a little surprised if not disturbed you would join such a board.

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

When Moot Stormfront originally came out, it seemed like an okay forum that was against stormfront (although a waste of time and energy in my opinion for trying to make any attempts to "moot" white supremacist nuts), but has the board really become as bad as One_and_Done said?!

If so, T-rex, I'm a little surprised if not disturbed you would join such a board.

The forum is still meant as a place where WNs and anti-racists can still debate their worldviews. However, discussion has become slow, and arguing with Neo-Nazis and other racists is emotionally and morally exhausting, so I have just left that board.
Posts: 7079 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Hence, what I have been saying all along-- that it is nothing more but a waste of time and energy.

[Embarrassed] White supremacy is not driven by logic, but by the complete opposite-- irrational emotionalism. So no matter how much evidence you pile of in front of them, they will deny it all and will purposefully continue to keep themselves blind with ignorance.

Posts: 26252 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

I talked with Salmonsandwich; he asks to be unbanned and he promises he won't make any more racist comments.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I would not encourage anyone to post at Mootstormfront. I came here from there but in recent times it has come under control of a corrupt Admin who on some level sympathisizes with racists.

I see nothing wrong with an anti-racist board but many people on that site have taken an unhealthy involvment in the topic even becoming online friends and in some cases more than that with the racists they are supposed to be opposing.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AFRICA I
Member # 13222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AFRICA I         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America...America...it's so boring to have so many Americans around...race obsessed Americans...have a life...
Posts: 919 | From: AFRICA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mansa Musa:

I would not encourage anyone to post at Mootstormfront. I came here from there but in recent times it has come under control of a corrupt Admin who on some level sympathisizes with racists.

I see nothing wrong with an anti-racist board but many people on that site have taken an unhealthy involvment in the topic even becoming online friends and in some cases more than that with the racists they are supposed to be opposing.

How ironic that an anti-racist forum would end up like that. It makes me wonder about T-rex and his sympathies. I have some sympathy (pity) for racists too in that they were raised in ignorance and their entire ideologies are based on lies. However, as has been stated numerous times, racists are driven by pure irrational emotional rhetoric. And you can only try to 'rehabilitate' one so far.
quote:
Originally posted by AFRICA I:

America...America...it's so boring to have so many Americans around...race obsessed Americans...have a life...

Look who's talking. This coming from the guy who always talks about 'features'. That "Eurasians are have a combinatio of African features". LOL

Unfortunately, I feel that this forum has entered into its seasonal 'race' rut with not that many topics having to do with the subject of AE culture.

Mansa Musa
Member # 6800

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mansa Musa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
However, as has been stated numerous times, racists are driven by pure irrational emotional rhetoric. And you can only try to 'rehabilitate' one so far.

I get the impression that the purpose of Mootstormfront and the anti-racists on there is largely misunderstood on this forum.

The original founder of the board created it because the "Opposing Views" section of Stormfront was a fraud in which anti-racists were never given a fair chance to debate subjects openly because posts had to be pre-approved and were sometimes ignored, deleted or edited to distort the message of the author (for propaganda purposes or humor for the dishonest Mods doing it).

So the founder of MSF created an alternative anti-racist board where Stormfront members and anti-racists could debate on a fair platform (billed as the "Real" Opposing Views section).

This theme was successful for a time, the site grew rapidly but started to enter disarray as soap operas erupted and moderators got bored and left.

In any case very few anti-racist members were under the illusion that they could "rehabilitate" racists. That would be like Egyptsearch members thinking they could rehabilitate Evil Euro. The main purpose of the board was debate and nothing more. If some of the "fence sitters" became convinced of the anti-racist arguments and it upset recruitment (which happened occasionally) that was a plus but it was nothing more than a hobby for people to discuss racism in the same way this forum is about people discussing Ancient Egypt and Egyptology.

Personally I think turning any continued interaction with racists into a hobby is unhealthy and has proven to be so for many people on Mootstormfront but I disagree with the arguments that the purpose of the board was "misguided", it was clear and worked as it was envisioned for a time.

But it is trash now. The new Admin who took control when the old ones no longer wanted to finance the site has his own view of how to run things and is very lenient with racist behaviors allowing for flame wars and racist abuse to run rampant. He has expressed some very politically incorrect views himself and made racist comments in humor (or not I'm not sure). Constant criticism of his Administration which is becoming very popular can lead to banning and many members are quitting.

The site is garbage now I don't recommend anyone joining.

Posts: 1203 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ Which is a good thing I never even looked at that forum in years.
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^me too.

Ausar banned him for likely the same reason (NOI rhetoric) 'sista girl' was banned.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com