EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Since most posters here believe there are no human "races".. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Since most posters here believe there are no human "races"..
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then what exactly is it people post here to prove or discuss? Is it geography, Is it "geographism" we are discussing to defend here?? Or Colorism, defence of the darkest people? Or is it geneticism, defending those with similar genetic makeup, what exactly is the objective here?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simple: To put African history, which in this case is centered on the Nile Valley, into its proper perspective. Eurocentric imperialism naturally dwells on Eurocentric concepts of divide and rule, and the Nile Valley has become a casualty of this. To that extent, it can only effectively be delt with hardcore FACTS, as opposed to pseudo-science and mere reactionary dogma.

Ps - re title: should read 'believe there are no human "races"...I do believe in the human 'race'.

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So basically your saying it's all about "Geographism"?
Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Solver         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
So basically your saying it's all about "Geographism"?

If you can elaborate to me, how African history simply boils down to geography.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
I mean "Africa", "Asia" and "Europe" are equally a social construct as the "caucasoid", "mongoloid" and "negroid" races, no?

Why not go the whole way by dismantling the whole thing instead of being content with a half job done?

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

I mean "Africa", "Asia" and "Europe" are equally a social construct as the "caucasoid", "mongoloid" and "negroid" races, no?

Why not go the whole way by dismantling the whole thing instead of being content with a half done job?

Virtually any term humans use to communicate with one another, is ultimately a social construct. Using your logic, I might as well just abandon the human speech or language altogether, which would be nonsensical. What you need to realize, is that most human constructs come with a purpose; for instance, going by your examples, the terms "Africa", "Asia" and "Europe" are meant to identify geography. To that extent, those terms can objectively be approached from a geographical standpoint. Whereas "caucasoid", "negroid" or "mongloid" are supposed to be 'racial' identifiers, and hence, purporting to be communicating a biological reality. Given what we know about the definition of 'race' in biology, this application is incorrect, since no such thing as human "races" has been scientifically demonstrated to exist. Therefore, the logical conclusion to reach, is that the idea of human 'races' is pseudo-scientific. We've already been through this.
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 2 cents..

quote:

Why not go the whole way by dismantling the whole thing instead of being content with a half job done?

I wouldn't say that Africa is as much a social construct as Europe and Asia/Eurasia, the arbitrary borders imposed on Africa are, but the continental landmass in which people geographically contiguous share cultural, phenotypical, and genetic continuity is not(since it is observable and given a name). There isn't as much continuity however, between Egypt and the Eurasian lands since they(A.Es) migrated from the South and sprung from an African base.. I'm not sure that I see too many people on here trying to make a direct connection between Egypt and say, Western or Southern Africa(although they do share common, more southernly African ancestry), the point, like Mystery Solver pointed out is to place ancient Egypt within its Nile Valley, Northeast/East African context(which just so happens to be in what we call Africa)...
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:
Originally posted by Sundiata:

I wouldn't say that Africa is as much a social construct as Europe and Asia/Eurasia, the arbitrary borders imposed on Africa are, but the continental landmass in which people geographically contiguous share cultural, phenotypical, and genetic continuity is not(since it is observable and given a name).

I would agree here to the extent that, from geographical objectivity, Europe is really still Asia, while the 'southwest Asian' portion of the Great Rift Valley, is geologically African. So, apparently political dogma has polluted objective geographical science, in the same way political dogma has polluted the concept of 'race' in biology.
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then what exactly is it people post here to prove or discuss?

Whatever interests them, and is supposedly related to Kemet, just like you.

quote:
Is it geographism, or Colorism?
Are you implying that any discussion of any topic is reducable to and "ism", as in racism, wherein the "ism" constitutes a system of bias.

So for example, a linguist, is someone who tries to prove linguism?

And archeologist tries to prove archeologism?

By the way, do you know the history of the term colorism?

It originates in the new world. If refers to a system where lighter skinned Blacks would discriminate against dark skinned blacks based on the "brown paper bag test".

Ever heard of it?

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Then what exactly is it people post here to prove or discuss? Is it geography, Is it "geographism" we are discussing to defend here?? Or Colorism, defence of the darkest people? Or is it geneticism, defending those with similar genetic makeup, what exactly is the objective here?

Even though we are enemies Yonis I have to admit this is the best open question that is the most relevant to this board.

What is the point of contention with Egypt? The race of Egyptians. When the question is asked what race were they, the people on this board reply with there is no race. I don't see how this would solve this great atrocity of Ancient Egyptians being misrepresented in Academia.

They keep saying race is not biological in humans..WE KNOW!!!!!! That has nothing to do with the term NOT being used in society to denote differences in appearance, ethnicity and background. I have never heard the term race being used to denote different "species" in humans...NEVER!!

I don't see how Egypt has to do with the divide and conquer imperalism of Eurocentrics(whatever the hell this word means) [Embarrassed] Africa has WAAY more to offer than just Egypt and if they are using Egypt as some sort of "black cause against the man" boy are they in for a surprising defeat.

What is the point? Is it just therapy for African Americans? They seem to be the only ones that care about this stuff the actual Egyptians DONT lol.

Are African Americans trying to claim Egypt for their own?

No one has yet to address nor answer your question Yonis so maybe you should sit tight and wait for people who don't just attack your "words" to deflect what is really being asked.

I will be waiting too.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a nonsense question in the first place. Egypt is in Africa no less than Greece is in Europe and Jordan is in the Levant. Those are all real places, with real people and real history. Is it odd to talk about Jordan as a history of Jordanian people and their historic connections to the area and people in the area? Of course not. It only becomes an issue when one wants to talk of Egypt being IN Africa and related to the people and the cultures OF Africa, as is if that wasn't entirely OBVIOUS in the first place. The only reason people have a need to STRESS on this topic is because of a need to IGNORE or DENY the obvious and put Egypt OUTSIDE of Africa and NOT related to the people OF Africa.

Therefore, the point of this forum is to bring people to task to prove with facts and evidence why ancient Egypt should NOT be viewed as related to the people and cultures OF Africa as opposed to people and cultures OUTSIDE of Africa. It is a simple case of determining the facts and discarding the rubbish. If someone doesn't LIKE the facts, then don't blame anyone else for that.

Posts: 8898 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nice Vidadavida *sigh*:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yonis:
[qb] Then what exactly is it people post here to prove or discuss? Is it geography, Is it "geographism" we are discussing to defend here?? Or Colorism, defence of the darkest people? Or is it geneticism, defending those with similar genetic makeup, what exactly is the objective here?

Even though we are enemies Yonis I have to admit this is the best open question that is the most relevant to this board.

--

Enemies of Yonis???? I spmell an inciter here.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It is a nonsense question in the first place.
I agree.

Though the question is sincere, ie - well intended - and probably did need to be addressed.

Attempting to understand history sans the ideological baggage of race is a process.

You have to start by unlearning what you have learned, and move forward from there.

To learn the history of Somali, or Arab, or Jewish, or Blacks, or Catholics, or Africans, requires neither 'race' nor 'ism's meaning, chauvenism.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]

What is the point? Is it just therapy for African Americans? They seem to be the only ones that care about this stuff the actual Egyptians DONT lol.

xxyman

- Yes it IS therapy. Just as Europeans look at Greece and Rome as their point of reference. The Arabs who live(control) their now don't care because it is not about them. And they profit from it.

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it is therapy FOR ALL Africans, period.

No need to single out African Americans separately. Just as Europe used Greece and Rome as the basis of their renaissance, Africa needs to use Egypt and Sudan as a basis for theirs. It is all about cultural memory and the fundamental building blocks of social organization and what we call "civilization" if you FORGET those building blocks, then you are lost.

Conversely, if everyone ELSE from Europe to East Asia can be inspired by Egypt, why CANT Africans? THAT is what makes it such UTTER nonsense as to why AFRICANS should not study Egyptian history as part of their OWN history. It is an utterly stupid and illogical point of view that says that they shouldn't. Egypt is IN Africa, was populated by INDIGENOUS Africans and had African cultural characteristics. THAT is the most obvious thing to anyone who wishes to be serious and not try to introduce nonsensical arguments.

Posts: 8898 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:

No need to single out African Americans separately. Just as Europe used Greece and Rome as the basis of their renaissance, Africa needs to use Egypt and Sudan as a basis for theirs. It is all about cultural memory and the fundamental building blocks of social organization and what we call "civilization" if you FORGET those building blocks, then you are lost.

Conversely, if everyone ELSE from Europe to East Asia can be inspired by Egypt, why CANT Africans? THAT is what makes it such UTTER nonsense as to why AFRICANS should not study Egyptian history as part of their OWN history. It is an utterly stupid and illogical point of view that says that they shouldn't. Egypt is IN Africa, was populated by INDIGENOUS Africans and had African cultural characteristics. THAT is the most obvious thing to anyone who wishes to be serious and not try to introduce nonsensical arguments.

Better said. Thank you! [Big Grin]
yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A pink rose is not a different genus from a yellow rose or a black rose. They are products of their environment!
That is how I operate in life. Let the goodness or evil of X determine how one is to be treated!
There are disticntion of size, colour etc amongst people but wot of it? Big deal! I do not dwell on those things.

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

'Africa' as a geographic entity is scientifically valid via geology-- it is a continent which has it's own continental shelf.

Asia and Europe as seperate entities on the other hand, are the ones that are more socially constructed (by Europeans) in that Europe and Asia are in reality merged together as one continent and has been for millions of years. Westerners on the ohter hand saw themselves as more 'special' (superior) and therefore 'seperated' themselves geographically from the rest of 'greater Asia'. Today, the more accurate and technical term being used is 'Eurasia' for the continent that encompasses Europe as well as the rest of Asia. One can argue that Europe is a subcontinent the way India is, as like India it was its own continent once but that is another argument.

In the mean time we are talking about blatant cultural bias perpetuated by peoples of European descent! This bias denies that one of the first and greatest (if not, the first and greatest) civilization of the Nile Valley was somehow non-African, even though all evidence suggests otherwise!

Posts: 26299 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:
I would agree here to the extent that, from geographical objectivity, Europe is really still Asia, while the 'southwest Asian' portion of the Great Rift Valley, is geologically African. So, apparently political dogma has polluted objective geographical science, in the same way political dogma has polluted the concept of 'race' in biology.

Exactly! Pseudo-scholars of course have also been trying desperately to separate Africa at the Sahara as if "North" and "Sub-Sahara" are scientifically valid and distinct geographical entities, which is futile given a logical interpretation of the coherent landmass.. African history is indeed convoluted with too much political baggage, but fortunately it is easy(well, for some) to sift through it..
Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Africa north of the Sahara desert is just that, while Sub-Sahara is Africa south of the Sahara. The problem of course is the socio-political nonsense of blacks being somehow restricted to the latter and Arab-Islamic culture being restricted to the former, as if the Sahara was somekind of a barrier of somekind.
Posts: 26299 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[QB] ^ Africa north of the Sahara desert is just that, while Sub-Sahara is Africa south of the Sahara. The problem of course is the socio-political nonsense of blacks being somehow restricted to the latter and Arab-Islamic culture being restricted to the former, as if the Sahara was somekind of a barrier of somekind.

^I believe that was the point of contention, as far as debunked race theories are concerned. Blacks supposedly being isolated genetically from their counterparts up north, which in effect restricted intermingling and contact. This can of course now be thought of as a foot note in previous scholarship based on strict racial models and unsubstantiated theories. Blacks have resided in North Africa longer than any other population as is attested by the Saharan rock art, among other data. One of the main problems is imposing the current political climate of North Africa onto the past(including the A.Es) where it doesn't apply.. Scholars need to get away from this mode of thinking..
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for songhai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rasol writes:

quote:
Attempting to understand history sans the ideological baggage of race is a process.

. . .

To learn the history of Somali, or Arab, or Jewish, or Blacks, or Catholics, or Africans, requires neither 'race' nor 'ism's meaning, chauvenism

As I understand the dilemma of teaching the histories of different peoples and civilizations, it is not the ideology of race science that is problem. There are other concepts that can and have served the same purpose as ‘race’; namely, ‘culture’, ‘civilization’, and even ethnicity. A quick review of the career of the concept of culture, for example, would show a striking resemblance to ‘race’ in the way it was conceived; that is to say, ‘culture’ inherited a racialist discourse of essences and types.

As a practical matter, the problem is how do you write and teach textbooks and standards about history in a way that doesn’t produce and reproduce a subtle belief in the hierarchy of nations, cultures, or peoples. The ideological baggage driving this process has less to do with beliefs in the science of race than it does the politics inherent in writing history.

Posts: 74 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Attempting to understand history sans the ideAs I understand the dilemma of teaching the histories of different peoples and civilizations, it is not the ideology of race science that is problem.
I disagree with you already, since you have not established the basis upon which there is a dilemma.

This is known as 'problematising' - it means treating a fact as if it a problem.

Here is and example.

Fact - in taxonomy biology the following catagory, exist in descending order.....

phylla,
genus,
species,
organism,

which may be further subvided into a dozen or more sub-divisions which may or may not exist variably within a lineage.

for example: phylla may break down into sub-phylla.

species, may break down into sub-species, which may break down into family, and thence to sibling before reaching the level of organism.

For any organism it's taxonomic lineage may be distinct.

A human being belongs to a species homo-sapiens, that has no sub-species...period.

There is *no taxonomy* class for sub-species within humans.

In biology race - means sub-species.

It is therefore a fact that there are no races within homo sapiens.

This is a fact.

Why treat it like a problem?

Because facts confound ideology?

When Galileo proved the world was round, the Catholic church treated it like a problem.

The only problem was that they couldn't except the truth.

Don't problemitise.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
There are other concepts that can and have served the same purpose as ‘race’;
Let's assume that's true. It's still irrelevant to the fact that their are no races of humans.

quote:
A quick review of the career of the concept of culture, for example, would show a striking resemblance to ‘race’ in the way it was conceived; that is to say, ‘culture’ inherited a racialist discourse of essences and types.
A superficial review perhaps, one that would use as and example the effort to show that 'race' determines culture, and then move the critique away from race, and towards culture.

But and honest critique of the concept of culture, must stand on it's own right, as opposed to being used as you are using it now, to distract from the reality of the total intellectual bankruptcy of the notion of race.

quote:
As a practical matter, the problem is how do you write and teach textbooks and standards about history in a way that doesn’t produce and reproduce a subtle belief in the hierarchy of nations, cultures, or peoples.
Actually, that's and independant moral issue.

I would concur that a democratic and multi-cultural approach to history is moral.

quote:
The ideological baggage driving this process has less to do with beliefs in the science of race than it does the politics inherent in writing history.
I don't see your point since both of the abovef correlate.

That is, the politics of facism promotes the pseudo-science of racism.

In terms of politics:

If your objective as a democrat is to neutralise facism, then you must debunk the pseudo-science of racism.

If your point is tha facists 'could latch on to something else' besides racism, say 'nationalism'...well, let them, and then neutralise that as well.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
I mean "Africa", "Asia" and "Europe" are equally a social construct
And?

The fallacy of race is that it is a pseudo-science, *not* that it is a social construct.

Now if you wish to argue that continents are pseudoscientific go ahead.

You would be wrong, and even if you were right, it would not make race any less pseudoscientific.

All of these -arguments- [culture, geography], are 'deflections'.

songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for songhai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rasol

quote:
I disagree with you already, since you have not established the basis upon which there is a dilemma.
Well perhaps I misread your statement to imply race represented a problem to be overcome in learning history. If that is the case then my reply is largely moot.

However, if you did imply that using 'race' to learn the history of Somalis, Arabs, etc represents a problem to be avoided or corrected, then my question to you should have been, how is 'race' a problem in teaching and learning about history in today's schools?

Posts: 74 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Well perhaps I misread your statement to imply race represented a problem to be overcome in learning history. If that is the case then my reply is largely moot.
Read it is this way ->

Ignorance is a problem to overcome if one is to learn.

Falsehood is a problem to overcome if one is to learn the truth. [Cool]

quote:
how is 'race' a problem in teaching and learning about history in today's schools?
See above.
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
Words of wisdom, indeed. [Smile]
Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

I don't see how Egypt has to do with the divide and conquer imperalism of Eurocentrics(whatever the hell this word means)

In this day and age, if one self-proclaims to be an African, as you do, and yet, not know what this means, then you have quite much to learn, and needs to think about what could amount to course 101 in geopolitics and basic African history. At the moment though, I just don't have time to spare in tutoring you in history & geopolitics "101".
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nice Vidadavida *sigh*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

See this is a broke back African American statement which just shows how you nigs want to be like your masters.

Why do Africans have to DO WHAT WHITES DO? Who gives a damn if whites claim Greek and Rome why can't Africans claim their own legacies?!?!?

Posts: 336 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Solver:
quote:

I don't see how Egypt has to do with the divide and conquer imperalism of Eurocentrics(whatever the hell this word means)

In this day and age, if one self-proclaims to be an African, as you do, and yet, not know what this means, then you have quite much to learn, and needs to think about what could amount to course 101 in geopolitics and basic African history. At the moment though, I just don't have time to spare in tutoring you in history & geopolitics "101".
Well I would appreciate it if one day you WOULD take the time to tell me because the way it has been used lately I don't understand the context of the word anymore. Is the English language that all the negros on this site use "Eurocentric"?
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Negros"? "Nigs"? Do these words even exist?

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7090 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

^Again, the user is overtly racist and should be banned indefinitely..
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
Racism means one that feels his race is superior and affords rights like ruling over other races.

I am black so how could I possibly be racist?

I thought race didn't exist so how can racism exist?

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

See this is a broke back African American statement which just shows how you nigs want to be like your masters.

Why do Africans have to DO WHAT WHITES DO? Who gives a damn if whites claim Greek and Rome why can't Africans claim their own legacies?!?!?

Is this person firing on all cylinders?!?! Being racist is one thing. But what he/she is saying doesn't make sense. Reverting to name calling when losing in a debate. So childish.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannosaurus:
"Negros"? "Nigs"? Do these words even exist?

And this guy/gal think he is slick. Say what you really want to say. Back to name calling. [Roll Eyes]
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
Racism means one that feels his race is superior and affords rights like ruling over other races.

I am black so how could I possibly be racist?

I thought race didn't exist so how can racism exist?

Are you black?? Or just playing games? [Eek!]
Sundjata
Member # 13096

quote:

I am black

Sure you are, and I'm pinkish-orange.. [Roll Eyes] Either way, it doesn't excuse your behavior.
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Broke back how? What I said is a fact. Greece and Rome were an inspiration to Western Europe because they HAD no ancient traditions of "advanced" culture of their own, so HOW does that MAKE them someone's master? How is someone who's WHOLE claim to fame is based on lies, murder, rape and oppression the MASTER of anything, especially CIVILIZATION. Firstly, you need to stop DISSEMBLING and giving BARBARIANS credit for what they DON'T deserve. The only BROKE BACK is the person who ACCEPTS oppression and barbarity as being as sign of "the master". If you ACCEPT that being beat down and shot up makes a group of people the epitome of "civilized" behavior, then fine, let them BLOW UP your spot and see how YOU like it. Your words reveal the TRUE nature of the whole point of many people posting on this board. That the LIES about Egypt are part of a LARGER pattern of AFRICAN oppression and destruction, whereby groups like Europeans try to take CREDIT for something they DO NOT deserve, so they can PRETEND to be "masters" of all that is GOOD and PROPER in society. They aren't and they know it. Their RULE over these places is PREDICATED on a false sense of SUPERIORITY over other peoples, especially Africans, which is ALL BASED ON A LIE. However you call it, these FOOLS have NEVER done ANYTHING FOR ANYONE or ANYBODY that would earn them the right to be called CIVILIZED. There ARE NO ruins of ADVANCED civilizations in Europe from 5,000 years ago that can compare to what was IN AFRICA at the time. THEREFORE, in order to CLAIM something they have NOTHING to do with, they try and act DUMB as if they didn't know that Egypt is IN AFRICA, that humans ORIGINATED in Africa and that civilization STARTED in Africa and NOT EUROPE. THAT is why they don't want Africans learning about Egypt or ANYTHING ELSE, because it would reveal that their SO-CALLED mastery is a FRAUD and that most of what they HAVE is based on theft, lies and murder. Hardly attributes of ANYONE who wishes to call themselves CIVILIZED.

Vida, your whole charade is bankrupt and exposed for what it is. You wish to support the SOCIAL structure that has been IMPOSED by Europeans through BARBARIC SAVAGERY and UNCIVILIZED acts all over the world as a sign of "civilization". It is the ONLY thing that these people can cling to, which is a ideology of social stratification, with WHITES at the top. NONE of this is based on HISTORY but based on SAVAGERY and the fact that European whites are the NUMERIC MINORITY on the planet. Therefore, the ONLY answer to gain more than their FAIR SHARE of the wealth is to KILL AND DESTROY as many NON WHITES as possible and FORCE them to believe in WHITE SUPERIORITY. Of course, it is easier to BLAME the non whites for this ATTITUDE than it is to accept that INHERENT SAVAGERY and UNCIVILIZED NATURE of those who NEED such things to stay in power. Therefore it is easier to BELIEVE A LIE than to ACCEPT THE TRUTH.
This is why you want to debate the "social" reality of race, because you WANT to see the SOCIAL conditioning of WHITES and WHITE SUPREMACY as being based on REAL SCIENCE as opposed to FALSE HOODS. But that is YOUR insecurity rising to the forefront, in not being able to accept that WHITES and their RULE is based on a STACK OF CARDS that can topple at any moment. You know and everyone ELSE knows that WHITE SUPREMACY has NOTHING to fall back on except LIES, MURDER and DESTRUCTION in order to maintain what they have created for themselves. Therefore, this whole CHARADE is just that, a CHARADE of trying to be FOR THE TRUTH, knowing that the TRUTH would actually EXPOSE THEM for what they are.....

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

Broke back how? What I said is a fact. Greece and Rome were an inspiration to Western Europe because they HAD no ancient traditions of "advanced" culture of their own, so HOW does that MAKE them someone's master? How is someone who's WHOLE claim to fame is based on lies, murder, rape and oppression the MASTER of anything, especially CIVILIZATION. Firstly, you need to stop DISSEMBLING and giving BARBARIANS credit for what they DON'T deserve. The only BROKE BACK is the person who ACCEPTS oppression and barbarity as being as sign of "the master". If you ACCEPT that being beat down and shot up makes a group of people the epitome of "civilized" behavior, then fine, let them BLOW UP your spot and see how YOU like it. Your words reveal the TRUE nature of the whole point of many people posting on this board. That the LIES about Egypt are part of a LARGER pattern of AFRICAN oppression and destruction, whereby groups like Europeans try to take CREDIT for something they DO NOT deserve, so they can PRETEND to be "masters" of all that is GOOD and PROPER in society. They aren't and they know it. Their RULE over these places is PREDICATED on a false sense of SUPERIORITY over other peoples, especially Africans, which is ALL BASED ON A LIE. However you call it, these FOOLS have NEVER done ANYTHING FOR ANYONE or ANYBODY that would earn them the right to be called CIVILIZED. There ARE NO ruins of ADVANCED civilizations in Europe from 5,000 years ago that can compare to what was IN AFRICA at the time. THEREFORE, in order to CLAIM something they have NOTHING to do with, they try and act DUMB as if they didn't know that Egypt is IN AFRICA, that humans ORIGINATED in Africa and that civilization STARTED in Africa and NOT EUROPE. THAT is why they don't want Africans learning about Egypt or ANYTHING ELSE, because it would reveal that their SO-CALLED mastery is a FRAUD and that most of what they HAVE is based on theft, lies and murder. Hardly attributes of ANYONE who wishes to call themselves CIVILIZED.
I like your spirit Doug and I have told you that before so you should know this. Sometimes you go WAAAY off the deep end by using Egypt as some kind of pro black ideal or some form of reparations for African American pain and suffering from the big bad white man. I really wish you would not do that because it only makes things worse bro honestly.

There is nothing that you charge whites of doing that other races haven't done. Why do you call whites barbarians based on them being "hunter gatherers" when there are more of these people in Africa TODAY. So you calling a huge part of African population barbarians?!?!

Greece and Rome civilized the REST of Europe so of course the rest of Europe can make claim to them. Egypt on the other hand DID NOT CIVILIZE THE REST OF AFRICA so how can all Africans claim or even WANT to claim Egypt. Making Egypt; some mesgenated ambiguously so called black society; the penicle of the continent of Africa because it "looks" {advanced?}--which realy means "white/European" [Roll Eyes] is a travesty to the whole continent of Africa.

The fact remains that African Americans have been taken over by European asthetics and only respect places in Africa that look "European"(excuse me advanced) and want to claim Egypt for themselves to have something to be proud of by associating the term "black" as being viable in the worlds development. This is therapy and doesn't at all fascilitate any African or African American issue that is so called caused by the white man. African Americans mostly come from "barbarians" as you would say so why do they keep trying to claim this "advanced" culture when charging whites for being wrong about claiming Greece or Rome?

You have a good heart don't waste it on rediculous Afrocentricity or white people for that matter. They both stink and are a waste of time.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
I like your spirit Doug and I have told you that before so you should know this. Sometimes you go WAAAY off the deep end by using Egypt as some kind of pro black ideal or some form of reparations for African American pain and suffering from the big bad white man. I really wish you would not do that because it only makes things worse bro honestly.

You have a good heart don't waste it on rediculous Afrocentricity or white people for that matter. They are both evil and a waste of time.

Stop the B.S. Your words reveal your insanity. Everyone ELSE can appreciate and study Egypt as THEIR history EXCEPT Africans? Egypt influenced Greece and Rome so does that make it European? Only a RETARD would try and come here and say that and expect not to get laughed at. That makes civlization AFRICAN by nature because THAT is where the roots of CIVILIZATION lie and that is IN AFRICA. THAT is what is so hard for YOU to accept and WHY you NEED to create FAKE BARRIERS as if ALL OF EGYPT ISN'T IN AFRICA. And the real reason being that FOREIGNERS want Africans to LOOK AT THEM as bringing CIVILIZATION to Africa, so that they can be PUT ON A PEDESTAL. Of course that PEDESTAL and PREFERRED PRIVILEGE ON TOP of the socio economic ladder goes away by KNOWING THE TRUTH, which is that AFRICANS INVENTED CIVILIZATION and THEREFORE should be at the TOP of their OWN socio-economic ladder. I means seriously, what kind of idiot are you? What do you think, you can pretend that Egypt ISN'T in Africa and doesn't have as MUCH value to AFRICANS as ANYONE ELSE? Stop wasting YOUR time coming here to convince everyone to believe in YOUR delusional fantasies of Egypt not being African. It is AFRICAN and ALL AFRICANS share that heritage, PERIOD. ALL AFRICANS should understand and LEARN about Egypt as well as ALL OTHER African civilizations because they ALL have played a TREMENDOUS role in the history of the world. Likewise, they ALL provide opportunities to LEARN and GROW as people and organized societies, by understanding the cosmologies, principles and patterns of organization and thought that went on to INFLUENCE others in many ways, including EUROPE AND ASIA. So cease your nonsense right here, because now you want AFRICANS to reinvent the wheel of civilization from scratch, when it has already been invented and was INVENTED in Africa. All Africans can and SHOULD claim it and stop those FAKE IMPOSTORS dead in their tracks and CALL THEM OUT for the liars and thieves that they are. One of the MAIN reasons for this INSANE need to separate Egypt from Africa is to keep MODERN Africa SEPARATE from being CIVILIZED outside the HARMFUL and DESTRUCTIVE influence of FOREIGNERS, as opposed to going to the roots of civilization IN AFRICA that have fed and nourished EVERYONE ELSE.
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
quote:
See this is a broke back African American statement which just shows how you nigs want to be like your masters. -- Vidadavida
What is the relevance of "African American"--a questionable presumption about someone's identity on your part-other than ad hominem of course?

quote:
Africans give a damn (and everyone who understands the importance of telling their own story, especially if it happens to be the truth), that's who. And because Egypt is part of Africa's legacy, that's why.
songhai
Member # 13721

Rate Member
quote:
Are you black?? Or just playing games? --xyyman
I think it's 'all of the above'. Read Fanon. [Cool]
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ LOL Of course!
quote:

...just shows how you nigs want to be like your masters.

LMAO Such epithets reminds me a lot of Stupid-Euro. [Wink]

The jig is up, Vida! [Big Grin]

Mystery Solver
Member # 9033

quote:

Well I would appreciate it if one day you WOULD take the time to tell me because the way it has been used lately I don't understand the context of the word anymore.

Then, you are out of luck, because I don't have the time, and probably never will.
Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by songhai:
quote:
See this is a broke back African American statement which just shows how you nigs want to be like your masters. -- Vidadavida
What is the relevance of "African American"--a questionable presumption about someone's identity on your part-other than ad hominem of course?

quote:
Africans give a damn (and everyone who understands the importance of telling their own story, especially if it happens to be the truth), that's who. And because Egypt is part of Africa's legacy, that's why.

Idiot, Egyptians aren't black and if you called them that go anywhere in Egypt now and see what they will do to you.

So what the hell are you talking about?

Just because you African Americans have such low self esteem and have never accomplished anything doesn't give you the right to claim Egypt because it is in Africa!!!!

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is nothing that you charge whites of doing that other races haven't done. Why do you call whites barbarians based on them being "hunter gatherers" when there are more of these people in Africa TODAY. So you calling a huge part of African population barbarians?!?!

Greece and Rome civilized the REST of Europe so of course the rest of Europe can make claim to them. Egypt on the other hand DID NOT CIVILIZE THE REST OF AFRICA so how can all Africans claim or even WANT to claim Egypt. Making Egypt; some mesgenated ambiguously so called black society; the penicle of the continent of Africa because it "looks" {advanced?}--which realy means "white/European" [Roll Eyes] is a travesty to the whole continent of Africa.

The fact remains that African Americans have been taken over by European asthetics and only respect places in Africa that look "European"(excuse me advanced) and want to claim Egypt for themselves to have something to be proud of by associating the term "black" as being viable in the worlds development. This is therapy and doesn't at all fascilitate any African or African American issue that is so called caused by the white man. African Americans mostly come from "barbarians" as you would say so why do they keep trying to claim this "advanced" culture when charging whites for being wrong about claiming Greece or Rome?

You have a good heart don't waste it on rediculous Afrocentricity or white people for that matter. They both stink and are a waste of time.

Vida brings up some interesting points –I trying to look at things objectively and evaluate the evidence without prejudice. I don’t thing it benefits anyone to call white people barbarians. That reminds of a Jewish co-worker who told me once that Africans could not have built the pyramids because “look at them now . . . running around half naked with spears” etc, he wasn’t being racist. He was pointing out facts on how they look now. (BTW he believed they were built by aliens - LOL) I was offended but he made a valid point. TO ME THE ISSUE IS WHAT HAPPENED??? Why didn’t we progress.

I agree with that we(blacks) do look backwards/undeveloped by today’s standards. And, yes, the bros/sis in America are from West Africa. And yes maybe AE did not civilise the rest of Africa. And yes all races enslaved each other and others. We also judge each other by European standards/looks. Keep in mind a large percentage of AA and Africans in the Diaspora have European blood. And we do look down on “pure looking Africans”

But it is therapy for us to know that we or (other blacks) had the longest lasting civilization, EVER-4000yrs? Modern Western civilization is only about 500yrs old. And it doesn’t look like it may continue into the next 100yrs-at least as it is today. But a lot was done in the short time. The world has shrunk.

We all have read Fanon, Chinweizu, Walter Rodney etc and know the story - Current Europeans civilisation and technology was built off mostly AE and other groups. But two fundamental things made the difference. Guns and the industrial revolution.

Part of the discussion should be - yes we once had a great civilization but how do we get back the respect of the rest of humanity. To me it starts with AE. Start educating our young and take it from there.

BTW – I don’t think these people stink [Razz] . Cool it with the name calling [Roll Eyes] . I always say if it wasn’t for some white people we will still be in bondage.

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
VIDA - QUOTE]Idiot, Egyptians aren't black and if you called them that go anywhere in Egypt now and see what they will do to you.

So what the hell are you talking about?

Just because you African Americans have such low self esteem and have never accomplished anything doesn't give you the right to claim Egypt because it is in Africa!!!! [/QB][/QUOTE]

This guy/gal is toying with us. We are going in circles. Pull up all hos post. We are really going in circles and he/she is pushing buttons (Doug M etc). Eg Yes. .. . Arabs(Egypt) aren't black. But they are not what we are talking about.

[Razz]

Nice Vidadavida *sigh*
Member # 13372

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Vida brings up some interesting points –I trying to look at things objectively and evaluate the evidence without prejudice. I don’t thing it benefits anyone to call white people barbarians. That reminds of a Jewish co-worker who told me once that Africans could not have built the pyramids because “look at them now . . . running around half naked with spears” etc, he wasn’t being racist. He was pointing out facts on how they look now. (BTW he believed they were built by aliens - LOL) I was offended but he made a valid point. TO ME THE ISSUE IS WHAT HAPPENED??? Why didn’t we progress.

I agree with that we(blacks) do look backwards/undeveloped by today’s standards. And, yes, the bros/sis in America are from West Africa. And yes maybe AE did not civilise the rest of Africa. And yes all races enslaved each other and others. We also judge each other by European standards/looks. Keep in mind a large percentage of AA and Africans in the Diaspora have European blood. And we do look down on “pure looking Africans”

But it is therapy for us to know that we or (other blacks) had the longest lasting civilization, EVER-4000yrs? Modern Western civilization is only about 500yrs old. And it doesn’t look like it may continue into the next 100yrs-at least as it is today. But a lot was done in the short time. The world has shrunk.

We all have read Fanon, Chinweizu, Walter Rodney etc and know the story - Current Europeans civilisation and technology was built off mostly AE and other groups. But two fundamental things made the difference. Guns and the industrial revolution.

Part of the discussion should be - yes we once had a great civilization but how do we get back the respect of the rest of humanity. To me it starts with AE. Start educating our young and take it from there.

BTW – I don’t think these people stink [Razz] . Cool it with the name calling [Roll Eyes] . I always say if it wasn’t for some white people we will still be in bondage.

^^^WOW, this is the most honest post I have seen on this board. I apologize for under-estimating the character of the people here.

I don't agree that starting in Ancient Egypt will help blacks because Ancient Egypt is dead and has nothing to do with west and central Africans and the slave descendants in the West. What will help them is getting dna tests to find out WHERE THEY COME FROM IN AFRICA and then working from there and embracing their OWN ancestor's culture. Find out the religions of their ancestors and clean all the Jewish/Christian/Islamic trash that has infected ALL Africans for centuries and which is the MAIN downfall of African people.

Everything else you said I 100% agree with [Smile] ..and yes it is funny how African Americans point to the sphinx and say how "black" it looks but no way in hell would they want to date someone that looked like that today. They all want mulattos and octaroons and quadrroons like Beyonce or Shemar Moore or Vanessa Williams which is disgusting and self hating, but thats African American slave descendants for you [Roll Eyes] -----something to think about [Cool]

Great post xxyman...you are alright in my book.

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Vida, the point is pure and simple that Egypt is an African country and that ANCIENT Egypt was a culture and civilization produced by Africans from an AFRICAN cultural background. And with all your running your mouth so much, why don't you prove to us how the cultures of SOUTHERN Egypt like Nabta Playa, Khartoum and Ta Seti, which LED to the development of Egypt was made by other than BLACK Africans?

Egypt is popular today ALL OVER the world and has been influencing people ALL OVER the world for 5,000 years. Yet YOU want to say Africans SHOULD NOT be influenced by it? What sort of RETARDED nonsense is that. Greece and Rome were DEAD by the time of the renaissance and that didn't stop the REST of Europe from using them. The Egyptians were influential for a reason, which is because their foresight and knowledge in many ways seemed to be ahead of its time. They recorded and documented the BLUEPRINTS for civilization: i.e. farming, construction, medicine, industry and all other aspects of what we call civilized culture on the walls of their monuments FOR POSTERITY. Therefore, these WERE MEANT to be time capsules or memory banks for those who came later to use as a guide FOR THEIR OWN development. THAT is part of what makes Egypt so fascinating. Therefore, if EVERYONE ELSE, from cultures and countries OUTSIDE of Africa and nowhere NEAR Egypt can admire it and be influenced by it, then WHY NOT AFRICANS. That is BLATANTLY a DOUBLE STANDARD and reflects more of your OWN PERSONAL BIAS of not WANTING AFRICANS to "claim" what is theirs, as opposed to allowing those WITH NO RELATIONSHIP to Egypt to act as if it is "their" history. If Egypt is the legacy of the whole world, then HOW does that NOT include Africa. Once again, your TRUE colors are coming out and the REAL reason why people don't want black Africans associating themselves with Egypt is because it NEGATES any claims of WHITE SUPERIORITY, ARAB SUPERIORITY or ASIAN SUPERIORITY over black Africans. Therefore OF COURSE it is a MUST for them to MAINTAIN any and all recourses necessary to SEPARATE Egypt from the rest of Africa. Therefore, the REAL point being made is that people don't WANT any sort of African renaissance, because if there was and they practiced the principles of order, balance and justice and vigilance against outside transgression and oppression like the Egyptians, FOREIGNERS would not be able to CONTINUE raping, plundering and OPPRESSING black Africans.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com