EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Ok for the new mods, here is a thread with suggestions that might come handy for you

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ok for the new mods, here is a thread with suggestions that might come handy for you
Yonis
Member # 7684

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yonis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought people could try and put up ideas in here on how to improve this forum.

These are my ideas..

# I personally think that there should be a quota on how many threads per month that deals with the never ending noise of race. Maybe a thread per month maximum, i don't mean threads that deal with physical anthropology, lingustics , genetics and such, since they are the backbone of this forum. But rather threads with reduntant and repetetive titles such as "Were the ancient Egyptians black?", " was cleopatra black?" or "Thick lips on african olmecs " there are already thousands of such threads and it looks stagnant when people still continue discussing same issues for years day in and out.

# Ban people like Marc washington who only talk about race 24/7.

# Try to invite other people from similar sites, like "Egyptiandreams" or "kingtutone.com" for more interesting discussions on the architecture, religion, expeditions, the different dynasties etc.

# Limit the off-topic discussions that don't pertain to AE such as "president Nkrumahs talk of pan africanism" or " The genocide of darfurians by lunatic arab wannabes", or "the Basques of spain immigrating from africa".

# And you shouldn't edit posts so much,, i mean daily words such as "idiot", "go to hell" "stupid bitch" shouldn't be made such a big deal of, but more offensive lines directed towards family like "you son of a cheap whore" or racial slurs should maybe be deleated with a warning.
other than that i don't think it's necessery,
no one likes when someone modifies ones posts due to trivial issues.

Well those are my suggestions for now.

Posts: 1420 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viriato
Member # 13983

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viriato     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the first and third points.

I don't see why Marc Washington should be banned, at least not for those reasons. Despite his wild theories he is very well behaved. Unless you want to ban him on account of his theories?

Off-topic discussions have other sub-foruns here, so they should be moved.

I do think that words like idiot and go to hell should not be tolerated.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^I agree with Miguel for the most part. 1st and 3rd.

On # 2:

quote:
# Ban people like Marc washington who only talk about race 24/7.

I don't know about that one, but then again he does remind me of a past troll friend of ours. This sure would've got Hore banned in a second.

How about: Ban people who spam the forum by posting the same refuted thing over and over.

?

As for number 1:

quote:
# I personally think that there should be a quota on how many threads per month that deals with the never ending noise of race. Maybe a thread per month maximum, i don't mean threads that deal with physical anthropology, lingustics , genetics and such, since they are the backbone of this forum. But rather threads with reduntant and repetetive titles such as "Were the ancient Egyptians black?", " was cleopatra black?" or "Thick lips on african olmecs " there are already thousands of such threads and it looks stagnant when people still continue discussing same issues for years day in and out.

I was just thinking, if only there was a function to where, when you typed in a new topic, a list of older topics that might be similar or related would pop up - so that more people (newcomers in mind) would bump up old topics instead making new ones that have been talked about over and over.

I'm starting to see how the vets feel.

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cool] I definitely agree with the #1, #3, #4, and #5!

[Embarrassed] As for #2, despite the incessant nuisance Marc is, I don't think he has done anything drastic that deserves banning such as blatant trolling and insults. However, if #1 were enforced then I do expect his ridiculous threads to be deleted.

Posts: 26302 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:
I thought people could try and put up ideas in here on how to improve this forum.

These are my ideas..

Mya put some up...

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
[Cool] I definitely agree with the #1, #3, #4, and #5!

[Embarrassed] As for #2, [...]

(Here's number five)

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

# And you shouldn't edit posts so much,, i mean daily words such as "idiot", "go to hell" "stupid bitch" shouldn't be made such a big deal of, but more offensive lines directed towards family like "you son of a cheap whore" or racial slurs should maybe be deleated with a warning.
other than that i don't think it's necessery,
no one likes when someone modifies ones posts due to trivial issues.

Well those are my suggestions for now.

^ but...

quote:
Originally posted by Obelisk_18:
quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
GASSIRE'S LUTE

Four times Wagadu stood there in all her splendor.

Four times Wagadu disappeared and was lost to human sight;
once through vanity,
once through falsehood,
once through greed, and
once through dissentation.

Four times Wagadu changed her name.
First she was called Dierra,
then Agada,
then Ganna,
then Silla.

Four times she turned her face.
Once to the north,
once to the west,
once to the east and
once to the south.

For Wagadu, whenever men have seen her, has always
had four gates: one to the north, one to the west,
one to the east and one to the south. Those are
the directions whence the strength of Wagadu comes,
the strength in which she endures no matter whether
she be built of stone, wood and earth, or lives but
as a shadow in the mind and longing of her children.

For really, Wagadu is not of stone, not of wood,
not of earth. Wagadu is the strength which lives
in the hearts of men and is, sometimes visible
because eyes see her and ears hear the clash
of swords and ring of shields, and is sometimes
invisible because the indomitability of men has
overtired her, so that she sleeps.

Sleep came to Wagadu
for the first time through vanity,
for the second time through falsehood,
for the third time through greed and
for the fourth time through dissension.

Should Wagadu ever be found for the fifth time,
then she will live so forcefully in the minds of
men that she will never be lost again, so forcefully
that vanity, falsehood, greed and dissension will
never be able to harm her.

Hoooh! Dierra, Agada, Ganna, Silla! Hoooh! Fasa!

who the hell is gassire?
A little Thoth-esque

?

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com