EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » KING TUT & ME

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: KING TUT & ME
Red, White, and Blue + Christian
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i was 13 years old in 7th grade a very long time ago, there was a poster on our classroom wall that was the History of Mathematics. The first square had a Ancient Egyptian guy. He looked just like ME.

I went to a very racist school and I was the only little Black boy in the class. We went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We looked up at the statues and pictures and I thought to myself and the others around me said. These Ancient Egyptian guys look just like ME.

-

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red, White, and Blue + Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My skin is the color of Peanut Butter with Paprika mixed in.

When I was in that 7th grade we had "Sex Education".
This is what boys have and this is what girls have.

The first girl I was attracted to was Mexican American, but she had white skin. No touching. I was only 13.

What would she look like as a grown woman?

-

-

-

Posts: 1115 | From: GOD Bless the USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
 -

This is ME wearing a dog mask.

-

This boy who died at 19 has my face. My lips. My eyes. My nose. I cut off all my hair at 19.

And years later testoterone has left me without hair.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
TUT

-
TUT

o.k.

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Peanut butter!

-

like Ray Nagin with mustache.

-

Tiger without hair

-

Shemar Moore (almost)

-

I am like these below without the hair and my ears don't stick out.

The guy on the left will be Taharqa in a Movie.
And the great modern pharoah on the right
looks like King Tut according to Z. Hawass.

-

Member # 10893

Member Rated:
When I became an adult, went back to Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan and saw these Ancient Egyptian statues and pics again.

They are having a King Tut exhibit here in New York to finish the American tour.

http://www.kingtut.org/home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHpOLXaLl7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeD8bD0HlSE

dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Red, White, and Blue + Christian:
My skin is the color of Peanut Butter with Paprika mixed in.

When I was in that 7th grade we had "Sex Education".
This is what boys have and this is what girls have.

The first girl I was attracted to was Mexican American, but she had white skin. No touching. I was only 13.

What would she look like as a grown woman?

-

-

-

You have been on this forum longer than me Red and I know that they have already informed about what ancient Egyptians used as symbolic color for women. So know the woman in the picture probably wouldn't have looked at all like Demi Moore even though she is part American Indian. Furthermore, long forearms like that aren't found on "white" individuals plain and simple.

And if you can not tell the difference between Ray Nagin and the color of the Armenian looking bust of Tut commissioned by Zahi Hawass than you are definitely untrustworthy as an "eyeball anthropologist." [Razz]

Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dana marniche   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
When I became an adult, went back to Museum of Modern Art in Manhattan and saw these Ancient Egyptian statues and pics again.

They are having a King Tut exhibit here in New York to finish the American tour.

http://www.kingtut.org/home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHpOLXaLl7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeD8bD0HlSE

I hope you do make it to visit the King Tut exhibit so that you could see how the real Tut was displayed and how the commissioned bust is painted nearly white lighter than Zahi and not tan like they have in your photo!
Posts: 4226 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10893

Member Rated:
Well, my eyes aren't perfect. But, at least I tried to describe myself. You are right been on this forum much to long and have to go for good.

-

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

obviously some some kind of mixing going on right MOM?

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dana marniche:
You have been on this forum longer than me Red and I know that they have already informed about what ancient Egyptians used as symbolic color for women.

You would think by now... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Well, my eyes aren't perfect. But, at least I tried to describe myself. You are right been on this forum much to long and have to go for good.

-

Mariah Carey's mom is a blond EuroAmerican. Her father is a black man from South America. She looks like what she is.
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lion:
 -

obviously some some kind of mixing going on right MOM?

The artistic canon of representing men as red brown and woman as yellowish white especially in the old kingdom has been noted by Egyptologists and dates back to the Saharan neolithic culture.

So no - it is not at all an indication of "mixing" - especially when it is obvious both of the figures have paint fading off of them. [Wink]

Egyptologist Frank Yurco stated, "In utilizing Egyptian reliefs and paintings to assess ethnicity and racial characteristics, a cautionary note is in order. In the Old Kingdom period (c. 2755–2230 B.C.E.), artistic canons governed the color for people shown in statuary, relief work and painting. Reddish brown was used for men, yellowish white for women." From the article - Were the Ancient Egyptians Black or White, by Frank Yurco BAR 15:05.

KING
Banned
Member # 9422

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for KING         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dana marniche

From what I remember. The color scheme in the OK is because women were regaurded as the weaker sex so they were mainly painted in Yellow. I remember seeing a painting of Egyptian males going through circumcsion that were also painted in yellow to show them as weaker then the Men who were already circumsized. I found the pic so you can compare and overstand:

-

Notice the light skin of the Boys to the men. Lion this pic is also for you too.

lions obsession with Egyptians mixing is just getting out of hand. I am really thinking of just ignoring her/him posts. There is no value in them just talk that was refuted earlier by Mind and others.

Peace

Posts: 9651 | From: Reace and Love City. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by KING:
dana marniche

From what I remember. The color scheme in the OK is because women were regaurded as the weaker sex so they were mainly painted in Yellow. I remember seeing a painting of Egyptian males going through circumcsion that were also painted in yellow to show them as weaker then the Men who were already circumsized. I found the pic so you can compare and overstand:

-

Notice the light skin of the Boys to the men. Lion this pic is also for you too.

lions obsession with Egyptians mixing is just getting out of hand. I am really thinking of just ignoring her/him posts. There is no value in them just talk that was refuted earlier by Mind and others.

Peace

Peace toyou too. but I am sure you are wrong about women being thought to be weaker in Old Kingdom Egypt. Supposedly it has something to do with the relationship of women to the Moon. I think you should show sources. Of women being thought to be weaker in ancient Afro-Asiatic culture.

Probably someone else can help us out with the facts.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Actually I've heard from other writings that the yellow or golden color is related to Hathor as the Golden Lady or other solar aspects. Either way, the yellowish convention for women was not always the case as there are plenty of paintings where women were portrayed just as dark or in some cases darker than the men.
Posts: 26307 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dana marniche
Member # 13149

Rate Member
http://www.physorg.com/news196516256.html

King Tut dead of the "Negro" disease! What next. : )

--------------------
D. Reynolds-Marniche

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^It is entirely possible that lighter colors were used simply to "Visually" differentiate between subjects in a painting. This would be appropriate when there was no particular religious aspect to the scene. (circumcision was not just about religion, it was a practical thing about cleanliness.

Which really wasn't necessary for them, since they washed often.)

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...sigh...oh, sigh... [Roll Eyes]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=006874

[Cool]

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com