EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Genotyping Haplogroup E Insights on Pastoralists in Afric, Trombetta 2015 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Genotyping Haplogroup E Insights on Pastoralists in Afric, Trombetta 2015
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amun-Ra The Ultimate:

I saw this video before. It's a good video.

If you check at around 6m23, he discuss regular sound law of the Indo-European phyla. For example, the F in Father may have been a P before in proto-Indo-European. In Afro-Asiatic such regular sound law were never found. That's why the book says: Afro-Asiatic is routinely accepted as a genetic grouping, though uncontroversial regular correspondences cannot be found.

That's a new one. Afro-Asiatic may not have all the sound law changes as IE but they still have them. For example, there are consonant change laws like l-r and k-g in AA languages like Egyptian for example. Modern Coptic uses l where r used to be like lomet for romet meaning people. And there is k for g in Semitic languages. Vowel changes are even more fluid and can vary between dialects of the same language.

quote:
The idea at the end of the video of a human proto-language common to all human, from which Khoisan would be the first group to diverge from the others, is very interesting. Obenga's Egypto-African language is probably very old too but much more cognates can be found in common between all languages of Africa.
That's because of common influence and interchange between the different language phyla.
Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Archeological and paleontological evidences point to East Africa as the likely area of early evolution of modern humans. Genetic studies also indicate that populations from the region often contain, but not exclusively, representatives of the more basal clades of mitochondrial and Y-chromosome phylogenies. Most Y-chromosome haplogroup diversity in Africa, however, is present within macrohaplogroup E that seem to have appeared 21 000–32 000 YBP somewhere between the Red Sea and Lake Chad. The combined analysis of 17 bi-allelic markers in 1214 Y chromosomes together with cultural background of 49 populations displayed in various metrics: network, multidimensional scaling, principal component analysis and neighbor-joining plots, indicate a major contribution of East African populations to the foundation of the macrohaplogroup, suggesting a diversification that predates the appearance of some cultural traits and the subsequent expansion that is more associated with the cultural and linguistic diversity witnessed today. The proto-Afro-Asiatic group carrying the E-P2 mutation may have appeared at this point in time and subsequently gave rise to the different major population groups including current speakers of the Afro-Asiatic languages and pastoralist populations.
--Eyoab I Gebremeskel1,2 and Muntaser E Ibrahim*,1

European Journal of Human Genetics advance online publication, 26 March 2014; doi:10.1038/ejhg.2014.41

ARTICLE Y-chromosome E haplogroups: their distribution and implication to the origin of Afro-Asiatic languages and pastoralism

https://eit-ae.academia.edu/EyoabIyasu/Papers

Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^I want to PM you something. Is your inbox full?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who wanted to mail me, my have made some space.
Posts: 22244 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^Okay. Anyways it'll only take a minute.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Troll Patrol # Ish Gebor:
For those who wanted to mail me, my have made some space.

SENT!
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@TP replied to your PM. [Smile]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com