EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egyptian language comparisons (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Egyptian language comparisons
S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for S.Mohammad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thought2:
Thought Writes:

What was the sample size? How many bedouin (the truly relevent group) were sampled?

I don't know, but I will post the studies. I don't think they tested many bedouin, buit that would be good, since most bedouin do not mix.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for S.Mohammad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thought Writes:

As far as I am aware the Aksumites married into the Jewish families of Yemen.

That may be true, but a DNA study found no sub-Saharan ancestry in those sampled. I don't know how large the sample size was.

Posts: 333 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:

http://www.asor.org/AM/fridayabs03.html

Eli Yannai, Israel Antiquities Authority
The Excavations at Tel Lod and their Contribution to Understanding Egyptian Presence in the Land of Israel at the End of Early Bronze IB
Tel Lod is located in the middle of the coastal plain ca. 8 kilometers east of Tel Jaffa. Excavations revealed a large settlement <A TITLE="Click for more information about dating" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1| || |dating|AA1VDw">dating</A> to Early Bronze I-III. Finds included hundreds of imported Egyptian vessels, as well as imitations made in Lod and the south of the country. Six sherds from imported vessels had incised serakhs of Narmer, while another bore the serakh of Ka. These discoveries indicate that during the reign of Narmer (parallel to Naqada III B-C in Egypt) the community at Lod displayed Egyptian cultural characteristics and may have included a colony of Egyptian immigrants. The finds also indicate that Egyptian presence, well known from the south of the country, extended northwards to the Yarkon Basin. Although no Egyptian settlements have been found to date north of the Yarkon Basin, several tombs at excavated sites have revealed sporadic Egyptian finds. Thus, the colony at Lod was probably not part of a network of Egyptian settlements along the "Via Maris," but as testified to by the discovery of an Egyptian jar off 'Atlit and the establishment of several settlements along the coast, it was probably part of an Egyptian command complex whose purpose was to provide support for Egyptian maritime trade to the Syrian-Lebanese coast, especially Byblos. Lod may have also been an agricultural and commercial support for the (Egyptian?) port at Jaffa, while Egyptian settlements in the south of the country provided agricultural and commercial support to the (Egyptian?) ports at Gaza, Ashkelon, etc.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The people in Oman and Yemem have austrloid ancestry and possibly some from negrito tribes that live in these regions before the coming of the Semetic speakers from Eastern Africa.

The reason why there are some tribes with a Eastern African phenotype in Southern Yemen is because of the Proto-Semetic speakers from Eastern Africa.

[This message has been edited by ausar (edited 04 June 2004).]

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by S. Mohammad
Look at the names of the places that his territory spread to, Assyria, and Nineveh, can you prove that assyrians were black or had a heavy amount of blacks therer or better yet, that they were Hamitic speakers?
Diop has made claims that Arabs are nothing but a mix of Blacks and Whites.

Originally posted by S. Mohammed
The same genetic study on the Lemba said Ethiopian Jews are less mixed than Lemba. Ethiopian Jews(Beni Israel)
I see why Wally says you're confused, the Ethiopian Jews are "Beth Israel" the "Beni Israel" are in India.

Another point to notice that I did not highlight was one of Gomer's son's, Ashkenaz. Ashkenaz is synonymous with the modern day Ashkenazi Jews
Is American synonomous with Ancient/Native Americans.You're foolish is you honestly think that a name can't be adopted.

1.I suggest you read "The 13th tribe" when Arthur Koestler a Jew himself, assert that the Ashkenazi Jews are descendant of the Khazaar Empire (Eastern Europeans) that converted to Judaism in the beginning of the century 740 A.D. (After Death, mind you).

2.Professor of Mediaeval Jewish History at Tel Aviv University, A. N. Poliak. His book Khazaria (in Hebrew) was published in 1944 writes:
"a new approach, both to the problem of the relations between the Khazar Jewry and other Jewish communities, and to the question of how far we can go in regarding this [Khazar] Jewry as the nucleus of the large Jewish settlement in EasternEurope. … The descendants of this settlement — those who stayed where they were, those who emigrated to the United States and to other countries, and those who went to Israel — constitute now the large majority of world Jewry. "

Fact: The large majority of surviving Jews in the world is of Eastern European — and thus perhaps mainly of Khazar — origin.

3.Yakubi, a ninth-century Arab historian, traces the origin of the Khazars back to Japheth, third son of Noah.

Now lets deal with scientific evidence, and not "passion"
The "Cohen gene" which is a signature mark in determining you direct heritage to the lineage of Moses/Aaron results show the following:

1.(Beni Israel)Indian Jews- more than 50% carry the gene.
2. Lemba (Buba)- 50% carry the gene
3. Western Sephardic Jews- 10% carry the gene
4. Western Ashkenazi Jews-only 3% carry the gene.

So based on these findings along it appears that the Africans(Jews) and the Indians(Jews) have more claim to this "Promise Land" than the white ones.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homeylu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to the article posted by Ausur

Here I was prepared to read some authentic scientific evidence, and your entire article is based on mere "heresy" from local residents.

Still clinging to that -blacks only left Africa as slaves argument.

Posts: 747 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Originally posted by Ozzy
Originally posted by homeylu:
It is not unreasonable to recognize the fact that the "Bene Israel" of India, can trace routes, from Israel to Spain finally inhabiting India.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you direct me to you sources for this claim please.

Ozzy[/b]

There are Jews that were expelled from Spain and settled in India I dont recall exactly where I got this information from, but thats beside the point. The point was that white Jews have been travelling from far away lands for centuries, why is it not logical for the Black Jews in South Africa to have done the same. Why should we believe some "foreigner" came there to mate with them, as Ausar has asserted.

Don't miss the points!!

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Palestinians have only 15% sub-Saharan MTDNA and no sub-Saharan paternal DNA

I wonder how much Native American Indian DNA, most Americans have. Have we forgotten about the "LOST" tribes of Israel.

By contrast the average African American has close to 18% European admixture 99.9% of it being paternal DNA, but we sure as hell dont want to acknowledge our "White rapist" grandfathers!

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Relations between Early Bronze Age I Canaanites and Upper Egyptians
(Branislav Andelkovic)
ISBN 8680269174
© 1995, Centre for Archaeological Research

"A modified version of the author's thesis, this book briefly presents the models of relations between Early Bronze Age I (Canaan) and Naqada IIcd-III (Egypt). Cataloguing the finds and interpreting the latest archaeological data, the author provides fascinating information about Dynasty 0 Pharaohs, who established Egyptian colony in Canaan 3300 B.C. A recommended book for the interested reader."

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
Look at the names of the places that his territory spread to, Assyria, and Nineveh, can you prove that assyrians were black or had a heavy amount of blacks therer or better yet, that they were Hamitic speakers?
Diop has made claims that Arabs are nothing but a mix of Blacks and Whites.

Assyrians were not Arabs and Arabs are not a mix of blacks and whites. Genetic studies do not prove this and if Diop said this he was wrong, very wrong.

[quote)Originally posted by S. Mohammed
The same genetic study on the Lemba said Ethiopian Jews are less mixed than Lemba. Ethiopian Jews(Beni Israel)
I see why Wally says you're confused, the Ethiopian Jews are "Beth Israel" the "Beni Israel" are in India.[/quote]

Irregardless of the name, Ethiopian Jews are essentially pure African without the Cohen and without any substantial foreign mixture. My point proven.

quote:
Another point to notice that I did not highlight was one of Gomer's son's, Ashkenaz. Ashkenaz is synonymous with the modern day Ashkenazi Jews
Is American synonomous with Ancient/Native Americans.You're foolish is you honestly think that a name can't be adopted.

Are you telling me its a coincidence? Ashkhenaz is mentioned in Japeth, not Shem's line. If you think its merely conincidence, are Cushites and modern day Nubians not the same? Cush is taken to be Nubians(Cushites).

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
[b]Palestinians have only 15% sub-Saharan MTDNA and no sub-Saharan paternal DNA

I wonder how much Native American Indian DNA, most Americans have. Have we forgotten about the "LOST" tribes of Israel.

By contrast the average African American has close to 18% European admixture 99.9% of it being paternal DNA, but we sure as hell dont want to acknowledge our "White rapist" grandfathers![/B]

What does that to do with the relatively low amount of sub-Saharan ancestry in Palestinians? Autosomally, Palestinians are 7.5-8% sub-Saharan.

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
[b]Originally posted by homeylu:
It is not unreasonable to recognize the fact that the "Bene Israel" of India, can trace routes, from Israel to Spain finally inhabiting India.

[/B]

Unless you post evidence you just arguing a strawman. You know what happens when one assumes right?

Ozzy
Member # 2664

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ozzy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:homeylu" Don't miss the points!!

Then simply make the point without quoting what you can not back.

Ozzy.

Posts: 448 | From: Australian living in Spain | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Ashkhenaz is mentioned in Japeth, not Shem's line
Thank you for helping me prove they were "converted" to Judaism, I re-quote "Yakubi, a ninth-century Arab historian, traces the origin of the Khazars back to Japheth, third son of Noah".

What does that to do with the relatively low amount of sub-Saharan ancestry in Palestinians same thing the modern Americans that "migrated" to this country have a relatively "low" amount of Native American DNA. Hence substantial massive migration to a geographical location can "replace" the traces of the previously inhabitants.

I'm sure if they did a DNA study of modern white South Africans, you would find "relatively low" amounts of Sub-saharran ancestry.

Then simply make the point without quoting what you can not back

The point was that white Jews have been travelling from far away lands for centuries, why is it not logical for the Black Jews in South Africa to have done the same.

POINT MADE

homeylu
Member # 4430

Rate Member
Originally posted by Thought
the author provides fascinating information about Dynasty 0 Pharaohs, who established Egyptian colony in Canaan 3300 B.C.

One word: Excellent!!

Originally posted by Homeylu
When one Kingdom conquers another, the language of the conqueror typically dominates. So its feasible to explain how Canaanite came to speak a Semitic tongue.

They all forget that we are talking about "ANCIENT TIMES"

The lower the DNA, the "earlier" the time frame of this "common" ancestry.

Which is why using genetics, scientist can trace "every" population to Sub-sahara Africa from 200,000 years ago to the present.

History tells us that if not for the migrations of Black people out of Africa, first to the East - then North across the planet, all peoples today would still be Black. Can we trace the global racial hierarchy, with light-skinned at the top, to the first African groups that migrated out of Africa into the Asiatic/Middle East and Arab worlds, to China and on to Europe, losing their pigmentation along the way.

Has it not already been proven that even today, Black Sub-saharan Africans can "still" give birth to Albino offspring.
And that 2 albino are much more likely to give birth to other albinos.

While albinism is described as hypopigmentation, has scientific evidence ever shown a reverse condition called hyperpigmentation that only affect a few "patches" of the skin.

Why has scientist proven that the Khoisan people that appeared in Sub-sahara Africa 10,000 years ago and who do not have the so-called "negroid" features ,show the largest genetic diversity in MtDNA of all human populations, which indicates that they are one of the oldest extant human communities. Y chromosome data also indicates that they are close to the root of the human ancestral tree.

Does it not prove the Sub-saharan Africans carry the DNA to produce a wide range of physical features. Has history of science ever shown the Khoisan to migrate from "Europe" or "Asia" to come to occupy Southern Africa 10,000 years ago- highly unlikely.

Bottomline, sub-saharan Africans carry the genetic traits to produce all the features we see across the globe.

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Thought
[b]the author provides fascinating information about Dynasty 0 Pharaohs, who established Egyptian colony in Canaan 3300 B.C.

One word: Excellent!!

They all forget that we are talking about "ANCIENT TIMES"

The lower the DNA, the "earlier" the time frame of this "common" ancestry.

Which is why using genetics, scientist can trace "every" population to Sub-sahara Africa from 200,000 years ago to the present.

History tells us that if not for the migrations of Black people out of Africa, first to the East - then North across the planet, all peoples today would still be Black. Can we trace the global racial hierarchy, with light-skinned at the top, to the first African groups that migrated out of Africa into the Asiatic/Middle East and Arab worlds, to China and on to Europe, losing their pigmentation along the way.

Has it not already been proven that even today, Black Sub-saharan Africans can "still" give birth to Albino offspring.
And that 2 albino are much more likely to give birth to other albinos.

While albinism is described as hypopigmentation, has scientific evidence ever shown a reverse condition called hyperpigmentation that only affect a few "patches" of the skin.

Why has scientist proven that the Khoisan people that appeared in Sub-sahara Africa 10,000 years ago and who do not have the so-called "negroid" features ,show the largest genetic diversity in MtDNA of all human populations, which indicates that they are one of the oldest extant human communities. Y chromosome data also indicates that they are close to the root of the human ancestral tree.

Does it not prove the Sub-saharan Africans carry the DNA to produce a wide range of physical features. Has history of science ever shown the Khoisan to migrate from "Europe" or "Asia" to come to occupy Southern Africa 10,000 years ago- highly unlikely.

Bottomline, sub-saharan Africans carry the genetic traits to produce all the features we see across the globe.

[/B]

I found an old messageboard of a friend of mine we can post on to continue this discussion
http://www.network54.com/Forum/275887

The colors are similar to this board. Instead of creating another message board I just salvaged one. The forum owner lurks here on occassion.

You and I can continue our discussion there.

Originally posted by Homeylu
When one Kingdom conquers another, the language of the conqueror typically dominates. So its feasible to explain how Canaanite came to speak a Semitic tongue.

This is not true always. The Fula conquered my people the Hausa, but the Fula adopted our language, not the other way around.

About that link that Thought posted, it doesn't prove that Canaanites are descendants of Egyptian colonists, for Egyptians did not establish the towns of Byblos, Sidon, and Tyre, the principle Phoenician(Canaanite) towns. It said Egyptians established colonies there to take advantage or the trade with these cities. In any case such a colonization probably did not involve a large migration of people and any Egyptian colonists would have ben absorbed into the population.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by S.Mohammad:
About that link that Thought posted, it doesn't prove that Canaanites are descendants of Egyptian colonists, for Egyptians did not establish the towns of Byblos, Sidon, and Tyre, the principle Phoenician(Canaanite) towns. It said Egyptians established colonies there to take advantage or the trade with these cities. In any case such a colonization probably did not involve a large migration of people and any Egyptian colonists would have ben absorbed into the population.

Thought Writes:

I have provided my evidence on the period in question. Now I eagerly await ANY scientific data from you on this matter?

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
ANDELKOVIC, Branislav, The Relations between Early Bronze Age I Canaanites and Upper Egyptians, Belgrade, Faculty of Philosophy, Centre for Archaeological Research, 1995 = Centre for Archaeological Research, 14; at head of title: The University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philosophy. (20 x 29 cm; 88 p., maps, fig.). ISBN 86-80269-17-4
In this study the relations between the Egyptian Naqada IIcd-III culture and Canaan in the Early Bronze Age I are reviewed. After a brief introduction to the problems involved, to the geography, the terminology used and the chronology, general descriptions of Canaan during the Early Bronze Age I and Egypt during the Naqada IIcd-III periods follow. The bulk of the book consists of lists of Egyptian finds in Canaan and Canaanite material found in Egypt. The main evidence is pottery. Among the Canaanite sites are: Ai, Arad, Hazor, cEn-Besor, Tel Erani, Gezer, Tel Halif, Jericho, Lachish, and Megiddo. In contrast to the numerous sites in Canaan with Egyptian objects, the Egyptian sites with Canaanite objects are much more restricted in number: Abusir el-Meleq, Abydos, el-Amra, Badari, Buto, el-Gerza, Hierakonpolis, Tell Ibrahim Awad and Tell el-Iswid, Minshat Abu Omar, Mostagedda, and Naqada. Then the theories on the nature and the intensity of the relations during the second half of the 4th millennium B.C. are exposed and discussed. It is concluded that the relations were not colonial in the beginning. The growing need of copper and other goods wanted, such as turquoise, bitumen, olive oil, wine etc. directed Egyptian interest from small-scale commerce to the exploration of southern Canaan and the consolidation of positions in the EB IA (3500-3300 B.C.), while in the EB IB (3300-3100 B.C.) Egyptian colonies were established. Most of the sites in southern Canaan which offered evidence for the Egyptian presence are contemporaneous, though some are earlier and particularly cEn Besor is later. The largest centres were Tel Erani and Tel Halif. The northern border of the colonized territory was approximately at the Yarkon river. The golden age of colonization, with a network of centre sites and supply stations, lasted about 200 years. The connection with Egypt went via the northern Sinai corridor. Egyptian colonization probably started or accelerated the urbanization process, going along with social, economic and political changes in Canaan. The emergence of large fortified city-states and a shift of Egyptian to the easily accessible coastal cities in the Lebanon and Syria eventually caused the abandonment of the colony.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
An Analysis of Crania from Tell-Duweir uding Multiple Discriminant Functions
SOY Kieta
American Journal of Physical Anthropology
75:375-390 (1988)

"It is possible to say that the objective evidence does NOT deny an hypothesis of biological HETEROGENEITY in some general sense at Lacish, which specific historical and archaeological data unequivocably predict. It is suggested that the Egypto-Nubian prescence is supported."

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
Thought Writes:

I have provided my evidence on the period in question. Now I eagerly await ANY scientific data from you on this matter?

I'm not denying that egytians had colonies along side the canaanites, I'm saying that in itself does not prove that Canaanites descend from Egyptians, Canaanites the people. We know for example that Phoenicians settled and founded Carthage the city but that does NOT make Carthagnians descendants of Phoenicians. Carthaginians were mostly native North Africans. can you see the point that I'm making? before the Egyptians founded their colonies, Canaanites were already settle along the coast.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:
before the Egyptians founded their colonies, Canaanites were already settle along the coast.

Thought Writes:

Well, in that the Egyptians first colonized Canaan during the pre-dynastic stage the original Canaanites would pre-date this period, correct? Are you suggesting that between the Natufian period and the Egyptian Colonies during the pre-dynastic phase some Indo-European group conquered the region, or do you see the Canaanites descending from the Natufian type?

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
Thought Writes:

Well, in that the Egyptians first colonized Canaan during the pre-dynastic stage the original Canaanites would pre-date this period, correct? Are you suggesting that between the Natufian period and the Egyptian Colonies during the pre-dynastic phase some Indo-European group conquered the region, or do you see the Canaanites descending from the Natufian type?

The Natufian type, not Indo-Europeans. The people looked like those very dark Bedouin types

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
quote:
The Natufian type, not Indo-Europeans. The people looked like those very dark Bedouin types

Thought Writes:

And your saying these folks were non-African in origin?

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
Thought Writes:

And your saying these folks were non-African in origin?

I would say the people of this region were dark skinned akin to the types found in southern Arabia, dark Bedouin types. They're probably closer to the Natufian type, but were distinct from both tropical Africans and Europeans. if you look at modern Bedouin you will see what I'm talking about and Bedouin almost never mix.

S.Mohammad
Member # 4179

Rate Member
quote:
An Analysis of Crania from Tell-Duweir uding Multiple Discriminant Functions
SOY Kieta
American Journal of Physical Anthropology
75:375-390 (1988)

"It is possible to say that the objective evidence does NOT deny an hypothesis of biological HETEROGENEITY in some general sense at Lacish, which specific historical and archaeological data unequivocably predict. It is suggested that the Egypto-Nubian prescence is supported."

Well Lachish was a principal city of Judah and Egyptians in the 18th and 19th dynasty ruled this area, so I would not be surprised to find crania remains of an Egypto-Nubian type.

Arwa
Member # 11172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up!
Posts: 2198 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com