EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Biological continuity between the A- and C-groups in lower Nubia » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Joe Bananas
Member # 8879
 - posted
Biological continuity between the A- and C-groups in lower Nubia: Evidence from cranial non-metric traits
Tracy L. Prowse, Nancy C. Lovell *
Department of Anthropology, 13-15 Tory Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H4, Canada

*Correspondence to Nancy C. Lovell, Department of Anthropology, 13-15 Tory Building, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H4, Canada

Keywords
biodistance • discrete traits • epigenetic traits • discontinuous traits

Abstract
Data are presented on 45 cranial non-metric traits in skeletal samples of the Lower Nubian A-Group (ca. 3100-2500 BC) and C-Group (ca. 2000-1500 BC) cultural periods. Results, based on the mean measure of divergence statistic, reveal biological continuity, consistent with interpretations of in situ evolution as opposed to models of discontinuity resulting from gene flow. Any differences between the A-and C-Group cultural phases that may be evident in the archaeological record are therefore more likely the result of local cultural evolution, rather than the introduction of new ideas, customs, and materials through the migration of a new population into this area. The problem of small samples necessitates that our results be accepted cautiously.

ausar
Member # 1797
 - posted

Got the full text to this?

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com