EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » My Theory about Ancient Egyptian Phenotype » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
AFRICA I
Member # 13222
 - posted
Based on the information I collected including on this forum, I strongly believe that AE looked more like today's Ethiopian, who can vary in complexion from very dark to very light and as AE, some were influenced phenotypically by non African people over the years through foreign admixture, by the way it's the same thing in Somalia...The difference between AE and Somalis is that like in Ethiopia there was a strong Nilo Saharan influence: rounder face and larger nose...Did I get it right? Probably the Medjay were closer to Somali phenotypically, whereas AE where more of a mix of African phenotypes like in Ethiopia and a little bit of leucoderm influence...

abdulkarem3
Member # 12885
 - posted
probably saharan population added a few
 -  -

Marc Washington
Member # 10979
 - posted
Africa. I posted this previously but it gives some kind of photograph in stone of the way North Africans / Egyptians portrayed themselves. The accompanying text surveys the dental evidence from prehistoric times down through the Roman period showing continuity of African population. This, I guess, would add some validity to the Africaness seen throughout on the web page. And where the red-haired Rameses is concerned, we can recall that Dennis Rodman is black with red hair. And Africans who’ve spent any time in the sun will have hair that bleaches to red. Rameses red hair probably belonged to an African so we’d likely include him too in the collage below.

-

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com