EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Face it Rasol, Chadic/Tate/S.Muhammad and all you other Afrocentrics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Face it Rasol, Chadic/Tate/S.Muhammad and all you other Afrocentrics
Boqor
Member # 7579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boqor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
West Africa and consequently African Americans have no link with Ancient Egypt. Why do you not apply the same efforts in appreciating the cultures and civilizations of Ancient Ghana, Mali, Songhai Kanem Bornu and so on? Why do I not see forums dedicated to those people?
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't necessarily agree with the following. Its very possible that the ancestors of some Western Africans came to Egypt around the pre-dyanstic. Many similarities exist between Western Africans and ancient Egyptians culturally and I propse that the following probably came from when the Sahara was not so arid and the ancestors of both the Western Africans and pre-dyanstic Egyptians fled to these areas once the Sahara began to dry.

Maybe not a direct link but definately a distant link to the ancient Egyptians.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
I don't necessarily agree with the following. Its very possible that the ancestors of some Western Africans came to Egypt around the pre-dyanstic. Many similarities exist between Western Africans and ancient Egyptians culturally and I propse that the following probably came from when the Sahara was not so arid and the ancestors of both the Western Africans and pre-dyanstic Egyptians fled to these areas once the Sahara began to dry.

Maybe not a direct link but definately a distant link to the ancient Egyptians.

I agree here with this assessment. Why are people singling out African Americans but not Eurocentrists?

Posts: 328 | From: Vicksburg, Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topdog:

I agree here with this assessment. Why are people singling out African Americans but not Eurocentrists?

Boqor is likely one of your friends from Dodona.

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topdog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Boqor:
West Africa and consequently African Americans have no link with Ancient Egypt. Why do you not apply the same efforts in appreciating the cultures and civilizations of Ancient Ghana, Mali, Songhai Kanem Bornu and so on? Why do I not see forums dedicated to those people?

Incidentally, why do you or one of your Somali friends keep posting pictures of himself comparing it to Akhenaton? Why are you talking about what Somalis do as far as their civilisation? I've seen numerous posts on the RAS forum where Somalis talk about 'low caste' Bantus, but ignore the fact that the Swahili trading culture/civilisation strteched from Mogadishu all the way down to Tanzania? Swahilis are Bantu peoples and part of your country was included in it. You're not the judge on what African-Americans should be focusing on. From day one, this forum from what I've observed never advocated African-Americans having some direct link to Ancient Egypt, the focus has been on East Africans and related Nile Valley civilisations. Just because some African-Americans on this forum[myself included] like to discuss this topic, that doesn't make us usurpers and claimants of Ancient Egypt.

Posts: 328 | From: Vicksburg, Mississippi | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Because African Americans make a much easier targets than biased 19th-20th century scholars,or their more modern counterparts.

I never hear of anybody in the following field attempt to correct the past wrongs of racist Egyptologist and anthropologist who even asserted that modern Egyptians were worthless mongrels unowrthy of claiming the ancient Egyptians.

I guess because most people don't really understand or know much about the past or views of Egyptologist.

Egyptomania might be another reason for many to lash out at African-Americans. Here is a book I recommend on the following subject:

Dr. Scott Trafton is Associate Professor of English and African American Studies at George Mason University. His book, Egypt Land: Race and Nineteenth-Century American Egyptomania (Durham: Duke University Press, 2004), is a study of the relationship between the cultural politics of race and nineteenth-century American Egyptomania.
http://chnm.gmu.edu/egyptomania/about.html

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by rasol:
Boqor is likely one of your friends from Dodona.

I think I know who it is. But it gets tiring hearing the same redundant whinning that African-Americans claim Egypt. No one rails against white Americans claiming Greece and Roman, though most descendants of white Americans come from neither of these places.

rasol
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rasol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think I know who it is. But it gets tiring hearing the same redundant whinning that African-Americans claim Egypt. No one rails against white Americans claiming Greece and Roman, though most descendants of white Americans come from neither of these places.

Have a sense of humor about it.

Their strawfire trolling makes me laugh.

I always expect them to lie and cheat, and they seldom disappoint.

He will come back tomorrow as "Nelson Mandela", speak a little Xhosa for proof, and then announce that South Africa is a proto-caucazoid cradle. ROTLF!

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 10 May 2005).]

Posts: 15202 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
As a continuation of my reply to Boqor, I agree that Ancient Egyptians were more similar in their osteological morphology than West Africans, overall that is. But Somalis have no claim to Egypt either.
Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
quote:
Have a sense of humor about it.

Their strawfire trolling makes me laugh.

I always expect them to lie and cheat, and they seldom disappoint.

He will come back tomorrow as "Nelson Mandela", speak a little Xhosa for proff, and then announce that South Africa is a proto-caucazoid cradle. ROTLF!

[This message has been edited by rasol (edited 10 May 2005).]

LOL, offtopic, but, I think that "Trog" character was shoufian. I noticed that post didn't appear until **AFTER** I posted that link of him parroting Dienekes. I was well within topic for doing that because this the second time that troll has spammed boards parroting Dienekes. Those same picture were again spammed on RAS the day prior in response to another poster on RAS.

rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
As a continuation of my reply to Boqor, I agree that Ancient Egyptians were more similar in their osteological morphology than West Africans, overall that is. But Somalis have no claim to Egypt either.

Actually, i've seen far more websites devoted to West African empires like Ghana, and Mali than there are to ancient Somalia, the Somali, like the Taureg are only indirectly related to the AE.

The modern Egyptians, especially the Upper Egyptian, the Nubians and the Beja can claim direct AE affinity. [did i leave anyone out]

Topdog
Member # 6753

Rate Member
quote:

Actually, i've seen far more websites devoted to West African empires like Ghana, and Mali than there are to ancient Somalia, the Somali, like the Taureg are only indirectly related to the AE.

The modern Egyptians, especially the Upper Egyptian, the Nubians and the Beja can claim direct AE affinity. [did i leave anyone out]

i meant to say AE's were more similar to East Africans in their morphology.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i meant to say AE's were more similar to East Africans in their morphology.

Someone asked me why I opened a topic about African diversity from east to west, and this is why I did it: East Africans have phenotypic diversity, just as West Africans do. So what is the 'defined' East African look or morphology?

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 10 May 2005).]

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought Writes:

A) Modern southern Egyptians and Northern Sudanese carry high frequencies of the West African E3a Clade.

B) Modern African-American's carry genetic lineages from south, east, west, north and central Africa.

http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/AJHG/journal/issues/v74n3/40631/40631.web.pdf

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 10 May 2005).]

[This message has been edited by Thought2 (edited 10 May 2005).]

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keins
Member # 6476

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It's not about claiming Ancient Egypt, its about honestly and accurately stating who they were. Its a shame how Eurocentric Egyptologist of the past and present smeared the identy of Ancient egypt. Who would have thought that we would be arguing over the race of a people. The ancient Egyptians were clearly Black/African people whom left many factual information (including their physical remains) stating who they were. It is the Eurocentrics that can't accept the facts and truth so they try to spin in order to give AE a euphemystic identy.

Don't let trolls take over this board people. Ignore their illogical hateful rantings!

Posts: 318 | From: PA. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
topdog said: ...Why are people singling out African Americans but not Eurocentrists?

quote:
Ausar's response: Because African Americans make a much easier targets than biased 19th-20th century scholars,or their more modern counterparts.

I never hear of anybody in the following field attempt to correct the past wrongs of racist Egyptologist and anthropologist who even asserted that modern Egyptians were worthless mongrels unowrthy of claiming the ancient Egyptians.

I guess because most people don't really understand or know much about the past or views of Egyptologist.

Egyptomania might be another reason for many to lash out at African-Americans.

I totally agree, Ausar is absolutely correct!!

Years ago when I was much younger, I too once thought that the ancient Egyptians were Middle-Eastern and caucasian-- pretty much the great misconception. Until I did more research and learned more. Perhaps the greatest fallacy in the history of scholarship is in the "racial" and ethnic identity of the Egyptians!

I am really tired of all these race threads from people like Rasol, Supercar, Thought and the like, but there is method to this madness and it seems that no one ever bashes on the old inaccurate and just plain wrong scholars of the past like Petrie or Breasted. Instead some people would bash the likes of Keita, a modern bioanthropologist who is being hailed by his peers!

Seriously Boqor I don't understand why all this fuss against African Americans or even West African, they are just claiming that the Egyptians are African also, no one here ever said they were direct relatives of the Egyptias. It's true peoples in east Africa like Somalis are probably closer related to Egyptians than West Africans, so? Your problem is that you go to far by trying to seperate your people and other northeast Africans from West Africans especially in an arrogant supremacist way. You sound just as foolish and crazy as the Japanese during WWII and even some today who try to distinguish themselves in vain from other asians!

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

I am really tired of all these race threads from people like Rasol, Supercar, Thought and the like, but there is method to this madness and it seems that no one ever bashes on the old inaccurate and just plain wrong scholars of the past like Petrie or Breasted.

Djehuti, I have opened both antrhopological and non-anthropological threads. In fact, I have literally opened 'plenty' of non-anthropological threads, more so than the anthropologically-based ones, but I rarely see your posts in them. All it takes, is to simply look around; they are available. Moreover, as I said before, you do have the ability to open up new topics, don't you?

Egyptology has from the beginning involved anthropology, and will likely continue so, at least until outdated curricula keep up with the pace or progress of modern science!

Posts: 5964 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rasol
Member # 4592

quote:
Originally posted by Super car:
Djehuti, I have opened both antrhopological and non-anthropological threads.!

He knows that. It was a cheap shot. Another form of straw-fire posting.

Supercar
Member # 6477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He knows that. It was a cheap shot. Another form of straw-fire posting.

At any rate, here is a topic that specifically addressed his concern: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum8/HTML/001954.html

...where I made a suggestion; it will perhaps save me from having to repeat myself time and again.

Thought2
Member # 4256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thought2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

He knows that. It was a cheap shot.

Thought Writes:

A man says what he says straight out. No cheap shots needed. I have noticed that Djehuti likes to make little, subtle B*tch-Made statements all the time. He may have a little sugar in his tank....

Posts: 2720 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have literally opened 'plenty' of non-anthropological threads, more so than the anthropologically-based ones, but I rarely see your posts in them.

Yes, but I usually don't have the time to post regulary on this forum as I would like. Most times that I do come here, the most recent threads at the top of the list are anthropological!

Posts: 26286 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercar
Member # 6477

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Most times that I do come here, the most recent threads at the top of the list are anthropological!

The solution is a simple one: look for the one that isn't anthropological, and post in that, if you care to.

There are some threads out there, with '0', or just one or two posts.

[This message has been edited by Super car (edited 10 May 2005).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com