This is topic European unity? vs the same for Africa within a similar distance in forum Egyptology at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003526

Posted by alTakruri (Member # 10195) on :

Are you suggesting that Africans don't share genes, culture,
and history to the extent that "Europeans" do?

Please lay out the unity of genes, culture, and history between
the European populations of Denmark and the Peloponnesus
or Rumania and Ireland.

Is it true many Italians and Greeks will say, "Though you
class me as caucasian I am not white.", and then you'd go ahead
and call them white anyway?

Not that any of this has anything to do with ANCIENT EGYPT
& EGYPTOLOGY and related spheres of study, but you brought
it up (as well as the ludicrously absurd long ago debunked
extra-African origin of the Fulani. What's next, BCE era Greeks
teaching cire perdue to 14th c. CE Nigerians?).

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelFromQuebec:
quote:
Nose, cheeks, facial structure..if you want to make everyone "possibly" black then there is no way for me to stop you.
This is exactly where it all comes down too, there is no real definition of a black person according to some here. He may have a sharp nose, a hooked nose, a flat nose he may have any type of skull , lips , hair ,his skin ranges from tan - dark, they don't have to consider themselves black, they may even dispise blacks yet according to some here they are in denial [Roll Eyes] . I know africa was the cradle of civilization but to state that all these people are black regardless of facial features else is pure bullshit.

Yes you could argue Europeans are mixed but we share genes , culture and history. This is what makes us a real race, unlike your imaginary no boundry black race.

Posted by Djehuti (Member # 6698) on :

quote:
quote:

This is exactly where it all comes down too, there is no real definition of a black person according to some here. He may have a sharp nose, a hooked nose, a flat nose he may have any type of skull , lips , hair ,his skin ranges from tan -dark,...

Actually there is a real definition of a 'black person'. 'Black' is in reference to skin color, specifically very dark skin coloring. The complexions may vary but they are usually found among peoples living in tropical to subtropical climates (and such populations are NOT confined to Africa).

As far as other features are concerned, they have no relevance to 'black'. But ironically we understand your skepticism since 'whites'/Europeans have done the EXACT SAME thing with regards to their imaginary and very loose definition of "caucasoid" race. It wasn't enough to say that Europeans or those around the Caucasus area were "caucasians" but they included practically everyone in the world with long narrow faces and long narrow noses. This meant everyone from Middle Easterners to Africans, to Indians, to Polynesians, and Native Americans etc.

Indigenous 'black' peoples do in fact span the globe again mostly around the tropical latitudes, but nobody said all blacks were Africans. Ancient Egyptians like Nubians were/are indigenous (black) Africans', plain and simple.

quote:
...they don't have to consider themselves black, they may even dispise blacks yet according to some here they are in denial [Roll Eyes]
So you are saying that psychopathic, Arab-wannabe, northern Sudanese who have jet-black complexions and are much darker than the average 'black' Westerner, are somehow not black?!!

I don't know who's in more denial, they or YOU??

quote:
I know africa was the cradle of civilization but to state that all these people are black regardless of facial features else is pure bullshit.
You keep forgetting that Africa wasn't just the cradle of civilization, it was the cradle of HUMANITY itself!

That said, I don't know why it is so hard for you to believe that indigenous (BLACK) Africans can vary greatly in facial features--- YOU, the same person who pleads that he does not stereotype Africans "into one phenotype"!!

So what do you call these Africans who somehow fall outside the "range" of features that you're used to; white?!!

[Embarrassed] I suppose this Egyptian man below isn't really 'black' but a white guy with a very baked looking tan?!!

-

*sigh* [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
quote:
Yes you could argue Europeans are mixed but we share genes , culture and history. This is what makes us a real race, unlike your imaginary no boundry black race.
All indigenous Africans share genes also as denoted by the PN2 cladistic family in the Y-chromosome, mtDNA cladistic family, and various automsomal DNA.

Although the cultures of Africa are much greater and diverse than Europe, there is a commonality to them with common themes and features. A perfect example would be Egypt itself! Egypt has tons more in common culturally to Nigeria than to Mesopotamia, despite the distance between them!!

As far as history, all Africans share a prehistoric biological and cultural history and a more recent written historical connection through European domination and imperialism.

[Embarrassed] Does this answer your queries??!!

Feel free to ask any specifics about the above and we will be glad to enlighten you and do away with any ignorant misperceptions and misconceptions you have.

Posted by KING (Member # 9422) on :

Yes Mike seems to not get it. He says he does not stereotype Africans but then he says Foolish stuff about the Fulani. Then he goes on about Black People. He does not realize that their are black people who don't consider themselves black. Mike seems a bit ignorant to african diversity. He needs to explain himself. If Mike sticks around he could learn alot.

Peace

Posted by African_Bible_Expert (Member # 10953) on :

Well I personally don't consider that man in that picture black and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't either if you asked him or people that look like him in the nile valley. He looks like a copt that doesnt mean black.

Posted by MichaelFromQuebec (Member # 10907) on :

quote:
Are you suggesting that Africans don't share genes, culture, and history to the extent that "Europeans" do?
It's not a suggestion it's fact.

quote:
Is it true many Italians and Greeks will say, "Though you class me as caucasian I am not white."
Those are in the minority, the vast majority of them identify with being european and being white.

quote:

It's not a suggestion it's fact.

So I guess the following are wrong:

All indigenous Africans share genes also as denoted by the PN2 cladistic family in the Y-chromosome, mtDNA cladistic family, and various automsomal DNA.

Although the cultures of Africa are much greater and diverse than Europe, there is a commonality to them with common themes and features. A perfect example would be Egypt itself! Egypt has tons more in common culturally to Nigeria than to Mesopotamia, despite the distance between them!!

As far as history, all Africans share a prehistoric biological and cultural history and a more recent written historical connection through European domination and imperialism.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
quote:
Those are in the minority, the vast majority of them identify with being european and being white.
True, but this is besides the point that many have recent African ancestry.

Mike listen to Djehuti Africans are related via the Pn2 Clade this shows that africans are linked. What proof is their to say that Africans are not linked?

Peace

quote:
Originally posted by African_Bible_Expert:

Well I personally don't consider that man in that picture black...

So exactly what do you consider to be 'black' then?!!

Last time I checked, 'black' was in reference to dark skin color. do you only think a person must have coal-black skin to be 'black'??

quote:
and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't either if you asked him or people that look like him in the nile valley.
How do you know??

Believe it or not, there are rural Egyptians who acknowledge that they are black! Egypt as well as many countries in North Africa have been affected by prejudice against blacks and Arabization. There are Northern Sudanese who are darker than African Americans but would rather call themselves "green" than black!!!

quote:
He looks like a copt that doesnt mean black.
[Embarrassed] First of all 'Copt' is a Christian denomination and says nothing about physical appearance.

Second of all, you are in major denial to say he doesn't look black. There are African Americans who look whiter than him but I'm sure you would still call them black!

[Roll Eyes]

Posted by Horemheb (Member # 3361) on :

The idea that greeks and italians do not consider themselves white is ignorant to the point of dementia.

I agree with you Horemheb but that is the truth. Some Greeks and Italians for some reason don't consider themselves white. Maybe it has something to do with the African Ancestry in Southern Europe.

Peace

There is no African ancestry in southern Europe King. there might be a decendant of a slave or soldier or two but those genes were washed out years ago.

The sally Hemmings case comes to mind. Her decendants that decided to join the whit community sho no signs of having a black ancestor 200 years later. Her decendats that joined the black community show no signs of having a white ancestor 200 years later. After two or three generations it starts to thin out quickly. Hemmings had an affair with Jefferson's brother and produced several children.

quote:
Originally posted by Horemheb:

There is no African ancestry in southern Europe King. there might be a decendant of a slave or soldier or two but those genes were washed out years ago.

LOL [Big Grin] And how long have you been reading about Y-chromosomal E lineages and Benin sickle cell haplotypes in Europe in this board, Hore?!

How long have you been hearing about the introduction of African E lineages to Europe via migrations during the Neolithic and not some minor slave trade or a few soldiers, since the frequencies are high especially in southeastern Europe??

You obviously don't know much about genetics, since genes can't be "washed out".

quote:
The sally Hemmings case comes to mind. Her decendants that decided to join the whit community showed no signs of having a black ancestor 200 years later. Her decendats that joined the black community show no signs of having a white ancestor 200 years later. After two or three generations it starts to thin out quickly. Hemmings had an affair with Jefferson's brother and produced several children.
The "signs" you speak of are obviously phenotypical features i.e. physical appearance, which has no bearing on lineage.

FACT is, it is not just Thomas Jefferson but many white Americans who carry African maternal lineages and may not know it.

Perhaps you should get tested Hore. [Big Grin]

But that is not true. You seem to forget about E3b being in southern europe. E3b is African and it is found in southern europe especially found in the Greeks. This shows that southern Europe has African Ancestry. Sorry but I have to say that Southern Europe has African ancestry.

Peace

I would have to agree. I am as far from an Afrocentric as a white nazi and I see no problem with southern Europeans have black ancestry *shrugs* no more than African Americans having European ancestory.

quote:
Originally posted by KING:

Yes Mike seems to not get it. He says he does not stereotype Africans but then he says Foolish stuff about the Fulani. Then he goes on about Black People. He does not realize that their are black people who don't consider themselves black. Mike seems a bit ignorant to african diversity. He needs to explain himself. If Mike sticks around he could learn alot...

LOL Yes King, it would seem our friend Mike here is suffering from a little denial syndrome. The guy claims to not stereotype Africans into a certain phenotype, but then goes on contradicting himself by saying Fulani looked foreign or "mixed". He also says that rural Egyptians like the one I posted are "mixed".

Funny how the guy accepts that the whole human race originated from Africa and thus indigenous (black) Africans possess the greatest genetic diversity, yet he refuses the FACT that pure indigenous Africans can vary so much phenotypically without 'admixture' from foreigners.

quote:
Mike listen to Djehuti Africans are related via the Pn2 Clade this shows that africans are linked. What proof is their to say that Africans are not linked?
It's not just the PN2 super clade on Y-chromosomes, but again mtDNA from female lineages, as well as autosomal (all other DNA) that Africans are genetically related.

Africa unlike Eurasia had little barriers to prevent gene flow between different populations and long term isolations, which is why West Africans are still closely related to East Africans, while Europeans are not as closely related to East Asians.

Also, phenotype say nothing about ancestry.

Which is why this Fulani..

-

is no different in paternal lineage AND in autosomal genes from this Mande..

-

And why this Egyptian...

-

is no different in paternal lineage from this Hamar

-

And why these Andamanese of Southeast Asia...

-

-

are among the most distantly related to Africans despite their similar appearances.

quote:

I would have to agree. I am as far from an Afrocentric as a white nazi and I see no problem with southern Europeans have black ancestry *shrugs* no more than African Americans having European ancestory.

Speak for yourself. Apparently there are many whites who are bothered by this FACT. Can you believe that a Greek geneticist who discovered a genetic similarity between his people and sub-Saharan Africans, recieved death-threats?!

Like I said before some White people would go to great lengths to cover up the truth. I am not Surprised that the Greek geneticist got death threats. The world is filled with ignorant people who can't handle the truth. I am glad that people on this forum is all about the truth no matter what it is.

Peace

Speak for yourself. Apparently there are many whites who are bothered by this FACT. Can you believe that a Greek geneticist who discovered a genetic similarity between his people and sub-Saharan Africans, recieved death-threats?!

Well that's pretty sick, but I can't say it doesn't surprise me.

Posted by Myra Wysinger (Member # 10126) on :

quote:
Speak for yourself. Apparently there are many whites who are bothered by this FACT.

American social and legal custom of classifying anyone with one black ancestor, regardless of how far back, as black. Many scholars believe that the one-drop rule is stronger than ever in North America.

According to legal scholar Neil Gotanda, American “racial” classifications in court cases today follow two formal rules:

1) Rule of recognition: Any person whose Black-African ancestry is visible is Black. 2) Rule of descent: (a) Any person with a known trace of African ancestry is Black, notwithstanding that person’s visual appearance; or; stated differently, (b) the offspring of a Black and a white is Black. Historians and social scientists have noted the existence of these rules, often summarized as the “one drop of blood” rule, in their analysis of the American system of racial classification.... White is unblemished and pure, so one drop of ancestral Black blood renders one Black.

Myra, I have never known a single white person ever mention the 'one drop rule.' In the first place, how would someone know if I had a black ancestor five generations ago? Sound like the usual black victimization cry to me. The one drop rule died with Jim Crow.

The one-drop rule serves as the official instrument of enforcement of civil rights laws. Ever since 1965, when the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission required race-conscious record-keeping and reporting on the part of companies, racial classification has been an organizing principle for the American work force.

No no no Myra. If I go to work somewhere , or list my race on a form it is whatever I say it is. There is no testing that goes on so the point is moot.
If I apply for a job and put a x on the box that says white how do they know if I have a drop of black blood or not?

Posted by Charm El Feikh? (Member # 10243) on :

so if i listed my race as mixed say african/eastern european i would have to be interviewed and treated as such.

thats interesting. at the moment the metropolitan police are "currently only recruiting potential officers from ethnic minorities" in some sort of positive discriminatory attempt to redress the balance [Roll Eyes]

how would they enforce the race box ticked? if what ive been reading here is anything to go on i could demand to be treated as an ethnic minority? AND i might very well be right!!!

^^which is why listing one's 'race' is silly and pointlesss.

*There is no such thing as biologically distinct 'races'.

*Phenotype says nothing about lineage.

Does everyone understand??

Now let's get back to the topic please, which is European unity vs. Africa, lest this thread degenerates into another white vs. black mess and Ausar is forced to close this thread down as well!!

well Charm, what they are trying to imply is that America is a bigoted society that believes that if you have an ancestor in 1820 who was black you are still black even if by now you look Danish, with blonde hair and blue eyes. Its nonsense of course. They can't test you and have no way of knowing what kind of ancestry you might have. Its just part of that victimology that wants to get on the evil white man for holding his thumb on the poor black man.

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
if what ive been reading here is anything to go on i could demand to be treated as an ethnic minority? AND i might very well be right!!!

Go for it! It is your civil rights.

Posted by Calypso (Member # 8587) on :

quote:
NY Times Article:
The DNA Age
Seeking Ancestry in DNA Ties Uncovered by Tests
E-MailPrint Save

By AMY HARMON
Published: April 12, 2006
Alan Moldawer's adopted twins, Matt and Andrew, had always thought of themselves as white. But when it came time for them to apply to college last year, Mr. Moldawer thought it might be worth investigating the origins of their slightly tan-tinted skin, with a new DNA kit that he had heard could determine an individual's genetic ancestry.
The results, designating the boys 9 percent Native American and 11 percent northern African, arrived too late for the admissions process. But Mr. Moldawer, a business executive in Silver Spring, Md., says they could be useful in obtaining financial aid.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/12/us/12genes.html?ei=5070&en=b0af7c00d42d8b65&ex=1147838400&pagewanted=all

Actually schools cannot give money based on race. They can give it based on need and since minorites are generally less well off they sometimes get a larger share.
You also have to be careful in admissions in showing preference for minorities.
Many of us feel that the Roberts court will put an end to any for of affirmative action in the next year or two.

i dont see why people have so many issues with it.

bristol (a city in the UK) is being forced to apologize for its part in the slave trade... as most africans passed through this port on the way to america.

who is apologizing to who? and for what purpose?

jesus, im scottish... we were raped and pillaged for centuries.... AND?!!! its over now... i dont feel the need to be apologised to.

i'd be interested to see someone challenge an employer over race... if what your saying is true.

i might list 'viking' on the next form i fill in.

actually... i might see if i can get benefits based on me being victimised. if i cant get work as a viking i will have to live of the state.

cool!

Charm, If you cannot compete in society and if your life is not what you would like then its easier to be a victim. Its always easier to blame your problems on the evil white man.

so true! well... time to see if i can milk the system! now, where did i put that bucket?!

Its even more fun to milk the system when you can do it based on race.

Ahem!!...

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
^^which is why listing one's 'race' is silly and pointlesss.

*There is no such thing as biologically distinct 'races'.

*Phenotype says nothing about lineage.

Does everyone understand??

Now let's get back to the topic please, which is European unity vs. Africa, lest this thread degenerates into another white vs. black mess and Ausar is forced to close this thread down as well!!

let's get back on course here!!

I agree Dhehuti but you are aware that in one way or the other every thread on this board is a black/white issue.

Cultural aspects that unite Egypt with the rest of indigenous (black) Africa:

Posted by Supercar (Member # 6477) on :

^^Unsurprising, but quite a list, you have there.

quote:
LOL Yes King, it would seem our friend Mike here is suffering from a little denial syndrome. The guy claims to not stereotype Africans into a certain phenotype, but then goes on contradicting himself by saying Fulani looked foreign or "mixed". He also says that rural Egyptians like the one I posted are "mixed".
The fact that you think this man below is a pure black african is a testament to your dementia.

-

This man is clearly of mixed blood.

Is this person black ?  -

quote:

The fact that you think this man below is a pure black african is a testament to your dementia.

Nope, but the fact that you think this man below is "mixed" is a clear testament of your IGNORANCE.

-

quote:
This man is clearly of mixed blood.
Funny, you said the same thing about this Fula man below..

-

But it turns out that not only does he have the same type of Y-chromosomal lineage but also the same type of automsomal genes as the people you assume to be true pure Africans.

quote:
Is this person black ?  -
Yes. She has black ancestry but she does indeed appear to be mixed. But is this girl African and if so, what part of Africa? If she is not African than her picture is irrelevant to the FACTS below:

Since all humans descend from indigenous (black) Africans, it would be natural for black Africans to possess the greatest genetic diversity and not surprisingly phenotypic diversity.

The most variable phenotypic traits of all among humans are cranial traits.

SOY Keita- Sub-Saharan Africa does *not* define/delimit authentic Africanity

Which is is why...

Forensic Misclassification of
Ancient Nubian Crania:
Implications for Assumptions
about Human Variation -April 2005, Current Anthropology:

It is well known that human biological variation is principally clinal (i.e., structured as gradients) and not racial (i.e., structured as a small number of fairly discrete
groups). We have shown that for a temporally and geographically homogeneous East African population, the most widely used “racial”
program fails to identify the skeletal material accurately. The assignment of skeletal racial origin is based principally upon stereotypical features found most frequently in the most geographically distant populations. While this is useful in some contexts (for example, sorting
skeletal material of largely West African ancestry
from skeletal material of largely Western European ancestry), it fails to identify populations that originate elsewhere and misrepresents fundamental patterns of human biological diversity.

And Why Africans from Egyptians, to Ethiopians, to Central African Tutsi are misclassified as having "caucasoid" ancestry!

quote:
Nope, but the fact that you think this man below is "mixed" is a clear testament of your IGNORANCE.

What Michael is "ignoring" as you correctly pointed out, is that the person is a "melanoderm", not a "leucoderm". This person has a heavily pigmented skin tone that is quite rare in northern Eurasians, barring any individuals with recent tropical region [like tropical African] ancestry, like those among southern Europeans. This person's skin tone however, falls well within the indigenous African range of skin tones.

So, the person is dark skinned - skin tone, and he is an African - geography. Therefore, this person is a "black African" - has nothing to do with "race". Whatever ancestry this person has in his gene pool is irrelevant to this fact.

Mike

Why are you still talking about mixed? That guy is a Black African. He lives in Africa and his color is not out of range for a Black African. Once you get out of this "mixed" ideas then you will be able to understand true African diversity. Africans are the most diverse of people.

Peace

quote:
This person's skin tone however, falls well within the indigenous African range of skin tones. So, the person is dark skinned - skin tone, and he is an African - geography. Therefore, this person is a "black African" - has nothing to do with "race". Whatever ancestry this person has in his gene pool is irrelevant to this fact.
[Roll Eyes] So let me get this straight, the egyptian in the above post, most likely doesn't consider himself black and has a noticable amount of foreign admixture yet according to you he is a black african. [Roll Eyes] Yes I am convinced!!!!!!!!............

quote:

quote:
Supercar:

This person's skin tone however, falls well within the indigenous African range of skin tones. So, the person is dark skinned - skin tone, and he is an African - geography. Therefore, this person is a "black African" - has nothing to do with "race". Whatever ancestry this person has in his gene pool is irrelevant to this fact.

[Roll Eyes] So let me get this straight, the egyptian in the above post, most likely doesn't consider himself black and has a noticable amount of foreign admixture yet according to you he is a black african. [Roll Eyes] Yes I am convinced!!!!!!!!............
You don't know what this Egyptian considers himself; and hence, your claim is highly speculative on what the individual may or may not say, in a given situation or environment.

And again, Mike, my aim is never to "convince" anybody here or anywhere, since more often than not, people know the truth inside; my aim is to put facts in the open, and let the chips fall where they may - even if it means exposing distorters of truth. I haven't done any DNA testing on this fellow, but even if we were to find some "extra-African" contribution in his gene pool, it doesn't change two things:

a) That the guy exhibits levels of melanin that is simply rare in northern Eurasians, or "leucoderms" in general. But he does have a level of melanin, that doesn't stand out in "black" folks.

b) The man is an African.

Combine the two uncontestable and instantly observable facts, and you have a "black African".

If you feel that neither of the above are immediately observable about the aforementioned individual, then feel free to provide info to the contrary. The ball is in your court. [Wink]

Mike

We don't know what this guy considers himself so for you to say that the guy does not consider himself black is wrong. Also he does not look like he has noticeable admixture so that is also wrong. Why are you trying to turn Black Africans into some kind of mix? What is your point. You don't make much sense. At least tell us why you think the guy looks mixed. You have not provided a good arguement for this guy looking mixed.

Peace

Posted by Mansa Musa (Member # 6800) on :

quote:
Originally posted by KING:
You don't make much sense.

Racialists rarely do make sense.

When their mindset is stuck within typological racial classifications even the simplest points as those Supercar put out are interpreted as some sort of a baffling riddle they cannot comprehend.

It's like arguing with someone about their religion or political persuasion.

The simplest suggestion that is inconsisent with their ideology, no matter how logical it is or supported by facts it is gets a response similar to a game of 20 questions in which the object of the game is never to understand the other person's point of view but to reinforce strongly held biases.

quote:
That the guy exhibits levels of melanin that is simply rare in northern Eurasians, or "leucoderms" in general. But he does have a level of melanin, that doesn't stand out in "black" folks.

So a man living in africa is either white or black , no inbetween?

quote:
Why are you trying to turn Black Africans into some kind of mix? What is your point
That's exactly what you afrocentrics have done.

quote:
At least tell us why you think the guy looks mixed. You have not provided a good arguement for this guy looking mixed.
The man looks like a darkskin arab.

Next thing you will be telling me Somalis are pure black africans [Big Grin]

Posted by Doug M (Member # 7650) on :

Mike knows what we are saying, he is just trying to make it into an issue of US being biased.

The main point here:

Africans posses MORE diversity than any other population on earth. What does that mean? Well it means that Africans possess a WIDE set of features that encompass the FULL range of features found in all humans on the globe. Therefore, you have Africans with thin lips, thick lips, broad noses, narrow noses, long heads, short heads, round heads narrow heads, slanted eyes, round eyes, big foreheads, small foreheads and so on. Whereas populations like those from Europe, while also having diversity in features, dont posses the FULL range of skeletal and phenotypical features found in Africa. Now, since MANKIND originated in Africa and has been in Africa the LONGEST, it only makes sense that the variation of man would be GREATEST in Africa. Likewise, since Africans from the HORN of Africa are the basis of MODERN European and Asian populations, then it would FIT that these populations would have SIMILAR features. HOWEVER, that cannot change the ANTIQUITY of the same said features IN AFRICA. Therefore, to just look at a persons features from Africa and state that those features are a result of MIXING (especially with NON AFRICANS) is PURE NONSENSE. You have to compare such features with features across the board, including OTHER Africans, in order to determine how DIFFERENT or MIXED these features are. If other surrounding Africans have SIMILAR features and are NOT mixed, then you cannot attribute such to MIXING.

But that is if you are TRULY doing your anthropological research. If you are trying to reinforce previously held BIASES and PREDJUDICES, then of course you will only STOP at the superficial features and conclusion of MIXING and not do any further research. The FACT that we can find and show MANY African groups that have features considered "European" shows that Europe is not the HOME of such features and calling such features EUROPEAN is not only nonsense but downright a distortion. A REAL anthropologist, on the other hand, SHOULD have a comprehensive chart, with a WIDE range of features found in the various populations in certain areas. THEN that would be used as a REFERENCE for making determinations on what is or isnt a result of MIXING. Actually, the European anthropologists DID do this when they first went to Africa, but since they were BIASED and RACIST, much of what they found and documented was NOT used for TRUTH. Many times they used such documentation to reinforce RACIST views, purposely distorting what they found in order to maintain preexisting biases.

In other words Doug, what you are really saying is that if we don't agree with you we are racists? Thats what it sounds like to me.

After once again demonstrating how easily the Eurocentrics here
can dominate and dictate the direction of this forum as they please,
would they care to persue the issue of the subject header and get
to the point requested in the start-up post of this thread?
quote:
or Rumania and Ireland.

Failure to do so is an admission of European "genetic, cultural,
and historic"
disunity, not "making us a real race"; the diametric
opposite of MichaelFromQuebec's unsupported emotional feel
good statement to the contrary.

Takruri, Thats a great way to dodge the question. last year I put up the question 'how many would stay here if discussion of race was banned' and you guys went stone mute. i think you guys are a bunch of racist fanatics who talk out of both sides of your mouth when it suits your purpose.

There is no such thing as race on the one hand......black black, evil Eurocentric on the other. Again, deal with the question or concede the point.

I'm not one to be led around by the nose by a German cockroach.
The title and subject of this thread remains European unity?.

Anyone not liking it can then start their own thread on another topic.
quote:
or Rumania and Ireland.

Blatella Germanica's failure to fulfil the above requests has just
demonstrated the lack of genetic, cultural, and historic European
unity as well as its (B.G.'s) well know incapability to produce the
remotest scintilla of data relevent to any ongoing discussion or
debate, proving his unschooled illiteracy not able to employ even
secondary school basics of reference, quote, citation.

You tell us supercar, you should know, its all you ever talk about.

Once again in keeping with this thread's subject header and topic
quote:

or Rumania and Ireland.

Anything else obscures the stated objective. Please take
black-n-white trivia to its appropriate thread(s), thank you.

MichaelFrom Quebec,
You are far from contributing supportive evidence of any kind
for your contrafactual statement
quote:
Europeans are mixed but we share genes , culture and history. This is what makes us a real race,
You thus admit its untruthfulness, fanciful, and no fact nature.

quote:

So let me get this straight, the egyptian in the above post, most likely doesn't consider himself black..

And how do you know if he doesn't consider himself black?! As I said before, there are plenty of Egyptians who have no problem acknowledging that they are black and are proud of their African heritage. What persons "consider" themselves as is irrelevant since there are Arab-crazed Sudanese with tar-black complexions who would rather consider themselves as 'green' than black!!

quote:
...and has a noticable amount of foreign admixture yet according to you he is a black african. [Roll Eyes] Yes I am convinced!!!!!!!!............
Again, I ask what exactly is this "noticable foreign admixture"??!! You apparently have ignored everything I said about the phenotypic diversity among indigenous Africans like the Fulani, and you still haven't answered my question on what features of the man constitutes as evidence of "foreign" ancestry!!

[Roll Eyes] We are not amused! Quit dodging and address the relevant questions at hand!

quote:
So a man living in africa is either white or black , no inbetween?
No. Nobody said anything like this. Again, we just state exactly what in a person's looks constitutes as 'admixture'?? You said the same about the Fulani even though they have no admixture at all!

quote:
That's exactly what you afrocentrics have done.
What have afrocentrics done and to whom are you referring of in this board. I for one am not an afrocentric but I accept the FACTS. Stop accusing others and start addressing my points.

quote:
The man looks like a darkskin arab.
LOL [Big Grin] You do realize that 'Arabs' are of very diverse origins and that many Arabs in Arabia have African ancestry!! There are also blacks in Africa who claim to be Arab. So your reference to Arab looks is null.

quote:
Next thing you will be telling me Somalis are pure black africans [Big Grin]
LOL [Big Grin] The vast majority of Somalis ARE pure! The only mixed Somalis are those living in the coastal cities. Somalis have among the highest frequencies of E3b1* at over 80%!

[Embarrassed] Again, despite your earlier protest your views of how pure Africans look like is FALSE!

So roll your eyes all you want. You won't get anywhere until you address the FACTS.

I deleted my "off-topic" response to Mike. I hope we are all happy now. [Smile]

Thanks, but in all honesty I'm about to blow this thread away
because there's been not even one on topic response. The
only thing reining me in is appreciation of the time and
effort people put in even though their remarks have nothing
to do with the subject header topic.

It's a monument to the effectiveness of Euro dominance
being successfully disable others' attempts of independent
thought and being able to keep others on the defensive
while never allowing themselves to be put on the defensive.

And we all know you can't win playing defense.

Notice they not once even tried to defend European genetic,
cultural, and historic unity but instead made others defend
African genetic, cultural, and historic unity and then reverted
back to the keep-em-discussin-black-n-white tactic,
again quite successfully.

That's why they're the winners though few seem to grasp it.

So in essence my hat's off to the Euro distractors who succeed
in derailing the progressive train of knowledge that was once
here on this forum. I no longer will try to stop their subversiveness
as apparently that's what the majority of posters really want.

Oh and Mikey, we are still waiting for your address of the thread topic concerning Europe.

We have already presented you evidence of the unity among Africans:

Genetically: PN2 cladistic family in the Y-chromosome, mtDNA cladistic family, and various automsomal DNA.

Culturally:

And historically:

Development of the Neolithic i.e. animal and plant domestication; Metallurgy; urbanization; and last but not least the shared history of European domination and colonization.

NOW..
quote:
as Takruri says:

Please lay out the unity of genes, culture, and history between the European populations of Denmark and the Peloponnesus or Rumania and Ireland.

Can you even do this?? Can you list any common genetic lineages among Europeans? Can you even dish out a list of common cultural features as I have done concering Egypt's connections to the rest of Africa??...

You couldn't even address my points concerning which Africans are 'mixed' and which are 'pure'.

Will you be able to address anything at all thus far??

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Please lay out the unity of genes, culture, and history between the European populations of Denmark and the Peloponnesus or Rumania and Ireland.
They are all indigenous to the European continent and are indo-european speakers and white. There are also many historical connection the most vivid to my memory today is that of the viking raids which crossed not only to these nations but all of europe.

quote:
We have already presented you evidence of the unity among Africans:
No you haven't you just picked and chose certain cultural similarities between certain african communities and ancient egypt. Admit it or not there is no real unity in africa.

quote:

They are all indigenous to the European continent and are indo-european speakers and white. There are also many historical connection the most vivid to my memory today is that of the viking raids which crossed not only to these nations but all of europe.

Sorry but weak stuff in comparison to the stuff I pulled out. I'm not even of African descent yet I am knowledgeable enough to come up with enough data to support the so-called 'Afrocentric' claims.

I am not of European descent either, yet I could do a much better job than you with Europe.

Show us the specific genes that Europeans share. I have already listed the genes all indigenous Africans share.

Not all Europeans speak Indo-European languages such as the Basque of Spain and the Fins of Finland, but so far this is the only cultural fact you have listed.

You claim that there are "many" historical connections, yet all you listed were the Viking raids! LOL [Big Grin] I listed several historic connections Africans had throughout the continent including European imperialism.

[Embarrassed] You are going to have to do a lot betther than this, Mike.

quote:
No you haven't you just picked and chose certain cultural similarities between certain african communities and ancient egypt. Admit it or not there is no real unity in africa.
[Eek!]
The cultural aspects I listed were just a handful of countless things they had in common with not certain, but MANY African societies! So you say such common traits do not count as proof of a commonality between Africans, yet you haven't even come close to creating a list comparing, say Greece, with other European societies?!

True many European nations are part of the European Union, so there is political unity, but so far you have not listed anywhere near the number of commonalities that Africans share.

By the way, you still haven't addressed my points about African phenotypic diversity and what looks constitute 'pure' or 'mixed'.

We're still waiting.. [Roll Eyes]

Mike

Your digging yourself into a hole that you can't come out of. You say that people are Afrocentric but I am not even black and neither is alot of posters on this forum. What does speaking the facts have got to do with being Afrocentrics. The Facts as Djehuti has posted about African Unity is just that Facts. You can't dispute these facts. So lets talk about Europe since you think that Europe is more united then Africa is then it should be easy for you to post showing how Europe is more United then Africa. I would really like to know how Europe is united because I have a special place for Europe but I don't know much about Europe.

Peace

quote:
So lets talk about Europe since you think that Europe is more united then Africa is then it should be easy for you to post showing how Europe is more United then Africa. I would really like to know how Europe is united because I have a special place for Europe but I don't know much about Europe.
There are many example of european unity.

1. During the mongol invasion european knights throughout the continent rushed to the East to fight.
2. During the crusades European knights fought as a unit to free jerusalem.
3. The colonisation of Asia , Africa and the Americas.
4. Renaissance
5. War against Napoleon.
6. WW1
7. WW2

Thes are just a few

Now why don't you tell me about African unity during the days of

1. Slavery.
2. Arab invasion.
3. European invasion.

Can you say Cathar and Baltic?

quote:
There are many example of european unity.

2. During the crusades European knights fought as a unit to free jerusalem.

I fail to see how intercontinental conflict can be taken as a demonstration of unity.

quote:
5. War against Napoleon.
6. WW1
7. WW2

Actually the guy makes pretty good points about the unity of Europeans. Europe is after all a small continent-- actually not even a continent but large peninsula.

He hasn't yet shown what genes Europeans share, even though we've shown him the genes and specific lineages all indigenous Africans share. I'm still waiting on this.

And what he hasn't proven or rather disproven was the commonality that Africans share!

I have already provided the genetic, cultural, and historical commonalities.

So far he has not been able to refute any of it. He can't, and let's hope he won't try to so he may save himself from further embarassment. [Wink]

By the way, he still hasn't addressed anything about what looks constitutes 'pure' Africans from those who have 'mixed' ancestry...

[Embarrassed] I am still waiting for that.

Am I the only one who seems to have noticed that Mike has NOT answered this question?...

quote:
quote:
Mike:

5. War against Napoleon.
6. WW1
7. WW2

Nice one. Blatant indicators of European disunity proves European unity. LOL.

There's no connection between the Italian Renaissance and the
English Renaissance save the word renaissance, to which we
could add the Harlem Renaissance.

There was no continent wide renaisance between the Dark Age and
the Reformation. Each region in Europe (re)aquainted itself with art
and science, as forbidden by the Crusade initiating Catholic church
and Mediterranean antiquities in its own time.

As far as the return to science and mathematics, that's owed to
Islamic civilization (particularly Moorish alAndalus) which kept that
aspect of Mediterranean antiquity alive.

quote:
4. Renaissance

He can't. That's why instead of sticking to the request he wants to
find a way out by introducing very weak non-examples and interjecting
stuff about Africa but I for one am not falling for being led away from
the subject header topic into off topic flights examined elsewhere on
this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Supercar:
Am I the only one who seems to have noticed that Mike has NOT answered this question?...

quote:

The Scramble for Africa (carving up the continental cake by mutual
agreement) was well after the age of colonisation when they were
cutting each others' throats and African powers played them against
each other for trade concessions, particularly renting out the same parcel
of coast to different factors ad watching them fight it out all the
while selling each side necessary goods and commodities and "entertainments."

quote:
3. The colonisation of Asia , Africa and the Americas.

On second thought!..

Look's like Mike is back with nothing again..

If you're refering to the Huns your statement is a complete fabrication.
Fact is some Europeans like the "Ostro"goths and the Slavs joined the Huns.

quote:

1. During the mongol invasion european knights throughout the continent rushed to the East to fight.

Mike

Interesting stuff about Europe but as you can see the other posters have already refuted what you said. So this brings us back to real European Unity. I am beginning to think that Africa was more united then Europe. Also you can't really compare Africa to Europe because Africa is like three times the size of Europe. Unity in Europe would be easier then in a place like Africa. Also Mike I think you should answer Supercars and Djehuti questions. What does a "Pure" African look like compared to a "Mixed" African and lay out the unity of genes, culture, and history between the European populations of Denmark and the Peloponnesus of Romania and Ireland. If you can't answer these questions I understand. but you see Africans are related by Genes, Culture, and History as shown by Djehuti. So I think you are wrong about European Unity compared to African Unity. Africans seem more united then Europeans

Peace

The relative size element is why the subject header has vs the same for Africa within a similar distance.

And for the same size in a similar distance Mike it would still seem that Africans are More United. Mike you have a lot of work to do to combat African Unity VS European Unity. Africa in a similar distance to europe still seems more united.

Peace

quote:
That still doesn't change the fact that Europe united in order to war the Islamic world.

quote:
I fail to see how intercontinental conflict can be taken as a demonstration of unity.
The conflict itself isn't the proof of unity it's the alliances that were made.

quote:
By the way, he still hasn't addressed anything about what looks constitutes 'pure' Africans from those who have 'mixed' ancestry...
It depends on the region , but one thing is for certain black african's don't have weavy or straight hair and their eyes range from black - dark brown - brown.

quote:
This is an unfair question I'm not familiar with these regions.

quote:
There's no connection between the Italian Renaissance and the
English Renaissance save the word renaissance,

Not true, the European Renaissance had its foundations on the cultures of ancient rome and greece.

quote:
The Scramble for Africa (carving up the continental cake by mutual
agreement) was well after the age of colonisation when they were
cutting each others' throats

There was only one real conflict in the scramble for africa and that was the fashoda incident. But as a whole europe dealt with the affair in a very civilized and brotherly manner.

quote:
If you're refering to the Huns your statement is a complete fabrication.
Fact is some Europeans like the "Ostro"goths and the Slavs joined the Huns.

No I'm speaking of the mongolian invasion ie. Gangis Khan and his decendents.

quote:
And for the same size in a similar distance Mike it would still seem that Africans are More United. Mike you have a lot of work to do to combat African Unity VS European Unity. Africa in a similar distance to europe still seems more united.
Is that why africa is the most backward continent on the planet. Is that why you can't even get regional organizations to run smoothly. There is no proof of african unity. How many african states united in order to stop the Islamic invasions. How many african's in any region united in order to stop colonisation?

Posted by Yonis (Member # 7684) on :

I'm gonna be honest and agree with Michael on this point,there is definetly no unity in Africa. African countries are far from being united, infact their's no unity even among regions, there is not even unity internally among alot of African countries. I think it will take time, alot of time untill african countries can finally unite and see the benefit this kind of unity brings, such as European Union realized when they united for economic protection against Japan and US.

quote:
Originally posted by Yonis:

I'm gonna be honest and agree with Michael on this point,there is definetly no unity in Africa. African countries are far from being united, infact their's no unity even among regions, there is not even unity internally among alot of African countries. I think it will take time, alot of time untill african countries can finally unite and see the benefit this kind of unity brings, such as European Union realized when they united for economic protection against Japan and US.

Might be a off-topic response or might not; in any case, hope the thread author will understand...

African countries have to be looked at on a case by case basis. There are indeed quite many of them that do have unity within their borders. The point is, there is no place on earth, where there is complete national unity. Elites of Nations more often than not, look after their own best interests, and these interests might allow several elites to "temporarily" unite to reach a common goal, after which, it is every man or woman for him/herself. This is what you also see in Europe. Case in point, when the U.S. wanted to invade Iraq, initially reaction was Britain and Spain siding with the U.S. while the others maintained distance - conflicts of interest. Right then and there, there clearly was division among western European elites on the political decision to invade Iraq. But guess what? After the U.S. went in, some of those European groups who earlier had reservations about going into Iraq, out of the interests of their narrow social-class base, and not out of any principled rationale, eventually assisted the U.S. in one form or another, either with supposed "Security" forces, or use of territory for U.S. military affairs, like Germany did - one of the notorious early dissidents of an Iraq invasion.

Ps - On the other hand, most African nations united around the goal of dismantling the apartheid white state [example of colonization, in response to Mikes idea of no unity against such] in South Africa - it was a matter of unity in the interests of the African ruling elites, if only temporary.

quote:
That still doesn't change the fact that Europe united in order to war the Islamic world.

Christian Europeans united to seize Israel from Muslim rule. There was no united European front and as Al Takuri's point was that many regions of Europe were occupied by Muslims at the time who did not support and even resisted the crusades.

quote:
You aim to prove European unity by showing Europeans allying against other Europeans? [Confused]

Next you're going to tell us Africans have never united against other Africans. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
It depends on the region , but one thing is for certain black african's don't have weavy or straight hair and their eyes range from black - dark brown - brown.
If this was so certain surely you would have provided evidence for such a thing.

In reality Black Africans have hair ranging from straight to wavy to tight coiled to pepper corn and some have yellow eyes.

Btw, are people in Europe who do not confirm to a "Nordic" phenotype (I.E. Blonde Hair, Blue eyes, extremely pale skin, extremely orthaganthous jaw) not White European?

You seem to be implying that if an African has extra-African ancestry than they are not Black.

Do you hold White Europeans to this same standard?

Do you hold Whites in other regions to a one drop disqualifying rule of Whiteness?

If a man of French descent in Quebec has known Ojibwa ancestry is he therefore removed from the White race and placed in the magical "mixed" category you prefer for indegenious Africans?

quote:
Then how can you speak objectively about African and European unity if you do not atleast has some understand of the various regions within these landmasses?

quote:
Not true, the European Renaissance had its foundations on the cultures of ancient rome and greece.
Those cultures had their foundations in Ancient Egypt and Mesopatamia.

Fact is the knowledge passed down from Greece and Rome was inherited and enhanced by Islamic civilization before it spread to Western Europeans.

quote:
No I'm speaking of the mongolian invasion ie. Gangis Khan and his decendents.
Ghengis Khan's empire was primarily situated in Central Asia and not an imminent threat to Europe, his descendants did invade Poland and parts of Eastern Europe but there was no major campaign to subdue Europe that would cause mass resistance from the Western kingdoms.

You need to get your history straight as it was under the Mongolian leader Atilla the Hun that various European tribes under the fragmented Roman empire allied to resist the Mongol invasions.

And as AlTakuri notes some Europeans such as the Ostrogoths sided with the Mongols to fight the Romans.

Sounds a bit like the Nubians siding with the Hittes to fight the Egyptians despite being an African people like the Egyptians doesn't it?

quote:
Is that why africa is the most backward continent on the planet. Is that why you can't even get regional organizations to run smoothly. There is no proof of african unity. How many african states united in order to stop the Islamic invasions. How many african's in any region united in order to stop colonisation?
Fact is Africa in its history accumulated this:

-

Before being reduced to this:

-

The same could have happened just as easily to Europe as it did Africa if certain circumstances in history had different results.

We might be arguing the Whiteness of Ancient Greek and Roman civilization at a time when much of Europe had been occupied by Mongols and the rest of the continent reduced to a 3rd world from colonialism and exploitation.

Posted by IIla (Member # 10772) on :

quote:
This statement is false, and by the way, there is no such thing as a genetically "black" eye. Some people with very dark brown eyes may appear to have black eyes but they are not in fact black. They are brown.

The Cathars and the varios Baltic tribes are the proof there was
no European Crusade unity.

Only Catholics among the Christians participated in the Crusades.

The Crusades was not "to war the Islamic world," for if that were
case the effort would've been to take back alAndalus (Moorish
"Spain").

Crusades were directed against European peoples who were not
Catholic (Cathars) and Europeans who were pagan (Baltic tribes).

Bottomline: Europe was not united.

quote:
quote:

Obviously you agree this is no evidence of European unity.

Alliances were made between Europeans to attack Europeans,
thus no European unity but disunity in an at least two way split.

quote:
quote:

I do not see a two way split but Takruri is right about disunity in Europe. They almost destroyed themselves because of their lack of unity.

My request is quite fair. If you're unfamiliar with regions of Europe
you were worse than unfair to say
quote:

... we share genes , culture and history. This is what makes us a real race, ...

you were deliberately propagandizing disinformation.

I picked out four compass points and asked for a north-south comparison
(Denmark-Peloponnesus) and an east-west comparison (Rumania-Ireland),
then using your criteria of unity (genetic, cultural, historic) simply asked
for examples of the unity you yourself proposed.

You by-passed my simple compass point tests and insisted on choosing
continent wide issues. While almost delving into culture and history,
you completely ignore one of your own criterium, genetics.

Renaissance could be seen as cultural but the rebirth of arts and
science in Europe is the Italian Renaissance which though far
ranging, was not across the entire continent and is not at all
reflected in the English Renaissance occuring centuries later.

Timeline events aren't what's meant by unity in history. Rather its
the trends in goverment, economics, foreign relations, infrastructure,
production, education, and the like that really make for history and you
will have to use them to demonstrate historic unity.

Now make good on your words, and a person is only as good as their
word, that Europe displays a unity by the criteria of genes, culture, and
history applied to the simple compassing test that I proposed or take
back your hastily made rash erroneous statement. I can understand you making
it in the heat of the moment but not holding onto it after cooling down
and rationally reviewing it. No shame there Michael.

Europe is the smallest continent. Certain regions of every continent have
some things in common but one would be hard pressed to show total unity of
any continent's indigenous peoples, even Australia.

BTW - there are other points of your response I could touch on but they
would only basically be repeating what Mansa Musa so concisely put down.

quote:
quote:

They have a 'general' cultural and genetic unity. The Celts , for expample, ranged over much of what we know as Europe. Germanic tribes spread into the British Isles and Italy as well. Europes's internal migrations have been rather extensive.
Their problem has always been the lack of political and in past centuries, religious unity.

Dahhya alKahina united the entire Maghreb west of Tunisia across bounds
of ethnicity, religion, and foreign origin, in an attempt to counter the
initial Islamic conquest of North Africa. She succeeded in slaying the
general of the occupying forces. In viewing the invaders as locusts she
decided to torch the fields. This is what turned the agricultural Imazighen
against her leading to her defeat and the Islamic triumph.

Arab armies advanced on the Sahel/Savannah of West Africa but were summarily
defeated by the army of old Ghana. Most thereupon retreated but the prisoners
pledged fealty to the Kaya Magha and settled in his "empire". Islam was spread
in the Hodh by verbal persuasion of these settlers and Muslim traders of later
centuries via philosophic conversation, not by any Arab military invasion.

Others here can better explain Islam's adoption along the Swahili coast
but I don't recall an army of invaders conquering their way from Kenya to
TaNzania. The best I can say is that trade between the Arabian Peninsula
and the coast of East Africa was ungoing since antiquity and again the spread
of Islam was undertaken by relatively peaceful means (marriages between foreign
merchant men and local women producing a caste taking on the ways of their
fathers).

quote:
How many african states united in order to stop the Islamic invasions?

quote:
There is no need to put fort any evidence, the facts remain that Europe as a continent virtually conqured the whole world. It was the nations of germany and France who out of personal ambitions nearly destroyed Europe. Without the stupidity of Hitler, Europe today would be better off and so would Africa.

quote:
initial Islamic conquest of North Africa.

For the most part the berbers weren't black then and they aren't black now.

quote:
relatively peaceful means (marriages between foreign
fathers).

If you consider rape and slavery as a relatively peaceful form of conquest then yes you are right.

The problem isn Africa was the premature' end of colonialism. Many third world nations needed more time to develop modern institutions. cases like cambodia and Uganda are the most obvious but others are important as well.

^^But since when does development mean being colonised and ruled by foreing powers?!!

Even if these foreign powers were the ones with more advanced technology, since when does sharing this technology mean by conquest only??..

quote:

They have a 'general' cultural and genetic unity. The Celts , for expample, ranged over much of what we know as Europe. Germanic tribes spread into the British Isles and Italy as well. Europes's internal migrations have been rather extensive.
Their problem has always been the lack of political and in past centuries, religious unity.

quote:
I do not see a two way split but Takruri is right about disunity in Europe. They almost destroyed themselves because of their lack of unity.
Indeed, there were many European peoples that could have attained very great power and influence if only they were united. A perfect example would be the Greeks. All of them shared ethnicity, language, and religion but were all divided politically into city-states with wars going on between these states. The only time the Greeks got along was when they were threatened by a foreign power like Persia. If the Greeks had united early on, they could have established a great empire, heck they already colonized much of the ancient world as it was!!

[Frown] Another important thing to point out is that almost all the African nations are the result of European colonialism and hegemony and do NOT reflect the political, let alone ethnic reality of the natives who live there!!

The European nations for example, are based on ethnicity as well as native policy. Spain is the country of the Spaniards, France is the country of the French, Germany of Germans, Italy of Italians etc. etc. I could go on and on. Africa was the same way also, with nations and states created by the ethnic and political policies of the Natives. But when European came and conquered they created their own nations without any regard of native policies.

Again for those who are ignorant or unaware all the different groups of Africans you hear about are NOT tribes but ethnicities. The Yoruba of Nigeria are no more a 'tribe' than Spaniards and Ibo also of Nigeria are no more a 'tribe' than the French.

The problem is that both of these peoples have been juxtaposed by foreign conquerors as being "Nigerian". Unfortunately even many high status Nigerians who have culturally and mentally been colonized continue to propagate the great misconceived fallacy that the main social differences among their countrymen are "tribal" when in fact they are ethnic, and unwittingly continue the policy of their colonisers to do away with such differences! This is like telling Europeans to forget about their own ethnic differences and unite into a nation for pure political reasons only.

[Embarrassed] Ironically, this is exactly how some Europeans feel about the European Union. There are some Europeans who complain and feel that their ethnic identity is threatened!

Djehuti, What I'm reallt talking about is stable government, building roads and infastructure and a better school system. Here is what people miss out on when it comes to colonialism....We can all accept that it is going to take western money (in some form) to develop third world nations. The problem is nothing is free. Why should I give money without recieving something in return? The point then is if colonialism had survived another 50 to 100 years the investment would have been greater in those areas.

^^And apparently what YOU are missing or fail to comprehend in anyway is that most of these nations that are now 3rd world were not only stable already but were thriving until Europeans conquered and colonized them!!

There were nations in Africa that already had school systems and roads in place well before Europeans arrived!

[Embarrassed] Again, your ignorance of African history is very blatant and obvious.

Horemheb I don't agree with this. Colonialism stole form the contries it did not put back nearly anything back into the countries. I think it was a good thing that colonialism was stopped when it was. The Problem with these countries is that they had Colonialism forced on them when they were doing just fine.

Peace

^^Right, King.

In fact, even to this day there persists a modern-day imperialism in the guise of 'globalism'! Many African nations do not even have control over their own resources and foreign companies are the ones who control the prices of their raw goods since these nations's finances are too poor to afford better price deals and they don't have the industries to process and refine these raw resources so they could sell them at higher prices! As rich as Africa is in natural resources, many countries are powerless in making enough profit from these resources...

And it all started because of European colonialism which destroyed the independent money-making powers of these African nations!!

By the way Mikey, if you're still around, here is more evidence in the form of linguistics showing the unity among Africans:

Ehret: African Language Family Histories

That is if you're still around and did not punk out.

Posted by ausar (Member # 1797) on :

We are getting off-topic again. The following thread is not about European Colonization or development in Africa but about the unity of Europeans. If you want to discuss the following then please open up another thread.

Michael

This your irrational emotive response, "There is no need to put fort any evidence,"
precludes further discussion with you on this matter as you place yourself out the
bounds of Cartesian reason. You have been soundly defeated, unable to produce
any objective support for your proposition of a genetic/cultural/historic European
unity.

Your statement about the Imazighen's complexion has nothing to do with Africans
uniting to resist Islamic invasion. What it does do is reveal your ignorance of
the full range of Amazigh skin tones and that at that period the Arabs classified
Imazighen of whatever colour among the blacks even though Gnawa of West Africa
viewed even the blackest Imazighen as red.

Neither rape nor slavery is responsible for the spread of Islam in East Africa.
You don't know the difference between modern Sudan and East Africa of 2500
to 1200 years ago from when the initial Arab-Zanj contact began to Islam's
expansion into continental Africa.

You don't want to learn or share ideas about Egypt and Africana, Micheal. Your
agenda is strictly racial and as outmoded as the discredited "true negro" concept
you've so poorly championed. I suspect soon enough you'll drop your sheet and
begin hurling anti-black pejoratives. It's just a matter of time.

The Moderator may as well lock this thread down. You can't defend your hypothesis
so why bother keeping the thread open any longer? Black-n-white stuff better fits
into other threads.

quote:
quote:
There is no need to put fort any evidence, the facts remain that Europe as a continent virtually conqured the whole world. It was the nations of germany and France who out of personal ambitions nearly destroyed Europe. Without the stupidity of Hitler, Europe today would be better off and so would Africa.

quote:
initial Islamic conquest of North Africa.

For the most part the berbers weren't black then and they aren't black now.

quote:
relatively peaceful means (marriages between foreign
fathers).

If you consider rape and slavery as a relatively peaceful form of conquest then yes you are right.

quote:
Originally posted by alTakruri:
Michael

This your irrational emotive response, "There is no need to put fort any evidence,"
precludes further discussion with you on this matter as you place yourself out the
bounds of Cartesian reason. You have been soundly defeated, unable to produce
any objective support for your proposition of a genetic/cultural/historic European
unity.

Your statement about the Imazighen's complexion has nothing to do with Africans
uniting to resist Islamic invasion. What it does do is reveal your ignorance of
the full range of Amazigh skin tones and that at that period the Arabs classified
Imazighen of whatever colour among the blacks even though Gnawa of West Africa
viewed even the blackest Imazighen as red.

You don't know the difference between modern Sudan and East Africa of 2500
to 1200 years ago from when the initial Arab-Zanj contact began to Islam's
expansion into continental Africa.

You don't want to learn or share ideas about Egypt and Africana, Micheal. Your
agenda is strictly racial and as outmoded as the discredited "true negro" concept
you've so poorly championed. I suspect soon enough you'll drop your sheet and
begin hurling anti-black pejoratives. It's just a matter of time.

The Moderator may as well lock this thread down. You can't defend your hypothesis
so why bother keeping the thread open any longer? Black-n-white stuff better fits
into other threads.

LMAO [Big Grin]

Ding ding ding!!

And Mikey O' Canada has lost this debate!!

Sorry Mike, but better luck next time.

I think Mike deserves at least one attempt to come back "rationally" with "answers" - no?

The guy has had many chances, but we shall see... [Wink]

4 whole days and 100 posts since I requested his supporting evidence and
he's posted 3 times with fluff. What more does he deserve? He's just good
for cat-n-mouse not a serious exchange between opposing sides each backed
with data that makes each side as valid as the other's interpretation.

But we're not locked down yet, so .... [Wink]

And, he can always start his own thread [Frown]

Posted by rasol (Member # 4592) on :

quote:
He's just good for cat-n-mouse

Not really.

That's why I ignore him. In basketball parlance - he's a 'self check'.

Just let him shoot. [Big Grin]

^^LMFO [Big Grin]

quote:
You have been soundly defeated, unable to produce any objective support for your proposition of a genetic/cultural/historic European
unity.

Then explain to me how europe was able to colonise the world.

quote:
Christian Europeans united to seize Israel from Muslim rule. There was no united European front and as Al Takuri's point was that many regions of Europe were occupied by Muslims at the time who did not support and even resisted the crusades.
Don't be so closed minded, the TEMPLAR KNIGHTS who were a continental european army were major players in the liberation of moslem occupied Europe. Don't fool yourself into thinking that Europe was freed from the yoke of islam by pure luck.

quote:
You aim to prove European unity by showing Europeans allying against other Europeans?
Europeans united against the ambitions of france and germany.

quote:
Those cultures had their foundations in Ancient Egypt and Mesopatamia.
It still doesn't change the fact that the Renaissance had its roots in those cultures.

quote:
Ghengis Khan's empire was primarily situated in Central Asia and not an imminent threat to Europe, his descendants did invade Poland and parts of Eastern Europe but there was no major campaign to subdue Europe that would cause mass resistance from the Western kingdoms.
I think you shoudl read up on their conquests , they were very close to taking over all of europe but their leader died on the way and they turned back.

quote:
It may have not been responsible for it but there sure was a lot of raping and slaving. By the way aren't the zanj the same slaves who revolted in Bagdad?

Yep, they were. And aren't the Slavs the same slaves who never revolted?

Now that the distraction's out the way

Please lay out the unity of

a - genes,
b - culture, and
c - history

between the European populations of

1 - Denmark and the Peloponnesus or
2 - Rumania and Ireland.

quote:

Then explain to me how europe was able to colonise the world.

Much more complex than the issue of "unity". It has to do with expanding industrial revolution in the European regions, instigated by Islamic-Arab world introductions of modern science into the region, during the "middle ages", and its ensuing effect on local goods in various regions. It is not like the Europeans "colonized" the world overnight, much less being a cakewalk, or without divisions over lands to control. Internal factors in the various "colonized" regions have also assisted European imperialists in varying degrees.

quote:
Mike:
It still doesn't change the fact that the Renaissance had its roots in those cultures.

Actually has its roots in the growth of the Arab-Islamic world in the "Middle Ages".

Supercar, More important to the creation of colonialism was the wealth that poured into Europe following the establishment of the spanish Empire after 1492. Keep in mind that prior to 1500 Europe was a very static society. The was very little dynamic at work due to the rigid social structure and the control of the Catholic church. The influx of new wealth broke down the social structure and the Protestant reformation destroyed the hold of the church on European institutions. Both of these events led to the development of capitalism which gave Europe a huge advantage over others sections of the world. Additionally, during the 18th century new systems of finance were developed in the UK which led to the Induatrial revolution.

The importance of Arab/Islamic knowledge seeping into Europe is real but should not be over estimated. Peter Abelard and others were able to use that information to move the church to a more Aristotlian position. That this contributed to the Reformation is clear and that was its major contribution.

Posted by Tee85 (Member # 10823) on :

I'm sorry, this may sound racist, but seems like everything went DOWNHILL when Europe finally "got on it's feet".

well, I suppose if you think the creation of the modern world is going "downhill" then you make a point. Would you rather we still lived in the 10th century?

The Renaissance (due primarily to infusions from Andalusian Moorish knowledge)
is not the Reformation. The Reformation was later and more or less marked
the close of the Renaissance. There is no escaping European indeptness to Islamic
Civilization for the preservation of a great many of antiquity's text and
the scientific spirit in general, all of which were forbidden in Europe by
its own Roman Catholic Empire and Church.

correct Takriri,but I'm not sure debt would be a good word. Debt implies that all of the Islamic world preserved the material. In fact much of it was sent east to India to preserve it from hostile Muslim clerics. The Reformation in the 15th century though, was much more important to the creation of modern Europe.

Mostly agreed, with exception of alAndalus which stood outside much of
the other Islamic states markedly in its tolerant attitude. AlAndalus
(Moorish "Spain") was directly on the continent of Europe and both its
Muslims and Jews were very influential to the science and philosophy
of adjacent Europe. AlAndalus had no need to spirit materials to India
or anywhere because it had an infinitesimal few if any "hostile Muslim clerics."

Yes, in fact there is a great scene described in "Aristotle's children' where Catholic, Jewish, and Muslim scholars were all working on translating those documents together. Many do not realize that the arguments over rational thought and Aristotle (wherther they should be taught) were not between catholics and outsiders but rather between factons WITHIN the church itself.

quote:

well, I suppose if you think the creation of the modern world is going "downhill" then you make a point. Would you rather we still lived in the 10th century?

Actually Hore, I think what Tee meant was that the other civilizations went downhill when Europeans set up their global hegemony.

I find it rather bias but unsurprising that you continuously attribute the formation of "the modern world" to Europeans only. Again, may I remind you that African wealth and Asian technology was what helped Europe get "to its feet" and thus create the 'modern world' in the first place. [Embarrassed]

Nothing takes place in a vacuum Djehuti and thus you make a point. the reformation and the establishment of the spanish Empire after 1500 contributed much more however. i mentioned some of that on a post higher up on this thread.
The emergence of Europe after 1500 is a tremendous subject and the amount of literature avilable is staggering. It is no doubt the biggest event in all of history to this point and worth of much of our attention.
i think language and religion also had a good bit to do with it as well as new systems of finance developed by the British in the 18th century.

quote:

Supercar, More important to the creation of colonialism was the wealth that poured into Europe following the establishment of the spanish Empire after 1492

You can say that again, since the Arab-Islamic [misleading word since these folks were brought together under Arab influence, and not a homogenous entity either in terms of religion or indigenous languages; Arabic was used as a lingua franca among these though] did much to "modernize" European social institutions. Money would have been used in this venture.

quote:
Horemheb:

Keep in mind that prior to 1500 Europe was a very static society.

No kidding.

quote:
Horemheb:

The was very little dynamic at work due to the rigid social structure and the control of the Catholic church.

What dynamic did much of Europe, barring the "Mediterranean vicinity" [interestingly near Africa and "Near East"], have even before your so-called "rigid social structure and control" the Catholic church had?

quote:
Horemheb:

The influx of new wealth broke down the social structure and the Protestant reformation destroyed the hold of the church on European institutions.

"Wealth" that came along with "modern" science from the "Arab-Islamic" world.

quote:
Horemheb:

Both of these events led to the development of capitalism which gave Europe a huge advantage over others sections of the world.

Yep, those "processes", aided in the encouragement of creating 'private' companies, some of which eventually expanded by using 'intensive' labor; the ensuing competition of private companies in different locales, assisted in the expansion of industrial growth, and naturally out of this, "capitalism" becomes inevitable, with greed becoming motivation for everything - expansion to locations outside Europe in search of of both cheap labor and natural resources. This is what drove European expansion after the so-called "renaissance"; "European unity" was the least in the minds of Europeans - whatever "unity" was maintained between competiting entities, was of happenstance, out of the need to get a common goal out of the way, and then, it is every person for him/herself - still is the case in Europe.

quote:
Horemheb:

The importance of Arab/Islamic knowledge seeping into Europe is real but should not be over estimated.

There is "nothing to estimate", the importance of Arab-Islamic knowledge and "wealth" flowing into Europe was crucial into making Europe what it is today, just as the "Neolithic" and post-Neolithic expansions of Africans and Asians were crucial prior to the growth of Arab influence.

Moreover, the notion that the "Arab-Islamic" world simply "preserved" pre-existing knowledge is the biggest bullsh*t I've ever heard. Give me substantial evidence that the "modern" science that was poured into Europe in the "Middle periods" was the same as it was left by the ancients? Science was "progressing" through the "Arab/Islamic" world, it wasn't static or stagnant - that this progression of science was not through Europeans, is what drives this notion of the so-called "Dark Ages". For instance, even the weapon that European would ultimately use to "colonize" different parts of the world, i.e. the GUN/Cannon, interestingly has its roots in the Arab/Islamic world - show me such an element in the "ancients" prior to the so-called "Middle Ages"?!

what happeneded in neolithic times is not important to this discussion. Your post is riddled with moral indignation Super car. there is no place for that in an accurate historiacl analysis.
I think I stated that pre 1500 Europe was not a dynamic society. The opening of the what historians call the 'frontier' after 1500 poured wealth into europe that changed the social structure, made the reformation possible and led, in a couple of centuries to the industrial revolution and the creation of what we call the modern world.
For historical purposes I am not the least bit interested in who became slaves and who was at fault or who was abused. an accurate discription of the period simply looks at what happened and reports it. What changed because of the events of history and what stayed the same.

Posted by Wally (Member # 2936) on :

European "civilization" has, to my knowledge, the sole distinction of being the only culture in the history of humanity that was built upon the exploitation and the subjugation of other human cultures; in fact, all of the great cities of Europe were built from the economic spoils stolen from Africa, Asia, and Latin America:

a) Ancient Egypt was a self-sustaining, self-created culture which grew out of the development of African civilization; its economy was not dependent either upon slavery nor foreign colonization or exploitiation...

b) Ancient China also did not create its civilization based upon the exploitation of foreign peoples; it too was self-sustaining and self-created; in fact, China built a wall to keep foreign peoples out of its civilization (as did Egypt with fortresses in the north)...

c) The same can be said of the civilizations of the Americas...

It was only the young, emerging peoples of "Europe" whose civilization (actually imperial colonization and exploitation) was brought about through slavery, colonization, and the imperialist exploitation of foreign peoples. This process can be said to have begun as early as antiquity (Macedonia, Rome, etc.)

quote:

what happeneded in neolithic times is not important to this discussion.

It certainly was crucial to Meds., particularly the Greeks, from whence Neolithic economy was transferred elsewhere in Europe, and whom [ancient Greeks] you interestingly 'worship' as the founder 'western civ.' How then, can you separate it from the development of Europe, even within the context of your own distorted logic?

quote:
Horemheb:

I think I stated that pre 1500 Europe was not a dynamic society.

...and so, blaming the Catholic church for lack of dynamism is just hot air, pure and simple - a blame game excuse that Eurocentrist use, to maintain the notion of a European miracle, just like the "Greek" miracle.

quote:
Horemheb:

The opening of the what historians call the 'frontier' after 1500 poured wealth into europe that changed the social structure,

Looks like "Europe" was the "frontier" for Africans and Asians prior to your "magic" era of the 15th century, huh!

quote:
Horemheb:

...made the reformation possible and led, in a couple of centuries to the industrial revolution and the creation of what we call the modern world.
For historical purposes I am not the least bit interested in who became slaves and who was at fault or who was abused. an accurate discription of the period simply looks at what happened and reports it. What changed because of the events of history and what stayed the same.

To test your broken logic, what "specific" single event marked the appearance of the "modern world"; what "specific" date did that single event occur? LOL.

This is all idealistic utopian crap. Again wally, moral posturing has no place in the examination of history.
Black Africans gathered up their own people and sold them into slavery to white slave traders. If you want to understand history...follow the money.

Have you actually read chinese history or is this just another effort to slam the west. By the way, you are a member of western civilization yourself and owe everything you have from your language to your underware to it.

Posted by Clyde Winters (Member # 10129) on :

Wally
quote:

b) Ancient China also did not create its civilization based upon the exploitation of foreign peoples; it too was self-sustaining and self-created; in fact, China built a wall to keep foreign peoples out of its civilization (as did Egypt with fortresses in the north)...

Chinese civilization was built on the exploitation of foriegn people. These foreign people were called Qiang. This group was used as slaves, along with the li min "Black Heads", founders of the Xia and Shang civilization to create the wealth of the Zhou civilization. The founders of the Zhou civilization were called Hua, they rule China today.

quote:

This is all idealistic utopian crap. Again wally, moral posturing has no place in the examination of history.
Black Africans gathered up their own people and sold them into slavery to white slave traders. If you want to understand history...follow the money.

You talk as if black Africans were 1 solid group of people. Most of the slaves kept by certain African kingdoms or nations were foreigners, that is peoples from other nations (like Egypt). In African society, slaves were still treated humanely (same as Egypt). It was the white slave traders who treated their purchased slaves like chattel.

quote:
Have you actually read chinese history or is this just another effort to slam the west...
Have YOU read Chinese history??

China actually started out the same way as Mesopotamia, consisting of city-states which ruled successively one after the other. The Chinese did not become united until around the 2nd century BC under the Qin (Chin) dynasty. This was when China gained power as an empire. Many people tend to forget that the actual land occupied by the Han (ethnic Chinese) is actually a lot smaller than today's modern China. The extra land was gained through conquest and colonisation of nonChinese people.

quote:
..By the way, you are a member of western civilization yourself and owe everything you have from your language to your underware to it.
Yes, and I am proud to be a member of Western Civilization. What's your point??

quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:

Chinese civilization was built on the exploitation of foriegn people. These foreign people were called Qiang. This group was used as slaves, along with the li min "Black Heads", founders of the Xia and Shang civilization to create the wealth of the Zhou civilization. The founders of the Zhou civilization were called Hua, they rule China today.

Again, you bring up that the first Chinese kings were black. Is there any evidence of this??

Is there any proof whatsoever that the Xia or Shang or any Chinese dynasty for that matter was black??

Where did these blacks come from?

You are already wrong about Dravidians of India, even though they are black. What makes you think there is any veracity to your claims about the Chinese of which there are no black people.

Djehuti
quote:

Again, you bring up that the first Chinese kings were black. Is there any evidence of this??

I have not discussed Black Kings of China. I am discusing the fact that Chinese used slaves to build their civilization just like Europeans.

Yang Kan observed that the li Qiang (Black Qiang) were farmers who lived in Qiangfang (in Yunnan Province). They were made slaves by the Yin-Shang, who forced them to work their farms and work as artisans.See:

Yang Kan, “The Bronze culture of Western Yunnan”, Bull. of the Ancient Orient Museum (Tokyo), (1965) 7:47-91

Pay attention Djehuti, I was talking about the African slave trade after 1500. Again, blacks sold other blacks to European slave traders.

Djehuti

OK, now that this thread has concluded its subject header due to
its indefensible nature, I wonder about something.

I once dated a little Indonesian hottie who told me that of course her
folk were "foreign immigrants" there and ethnically were "white Chinese."

I don't know if this is solely an Indonesian thing but she obviously
was refering to her pale white transluscent skin. So, if there are
"white Chinese" are there not "black Chinese?"

Don't the Tcheu-Li documents (12th-3rd cent. BCE) speak of diminutive
folk with black oily skin on Taiwan?

Was Lao-tzse born of a virgin black in colour and beautiful as jasper?

What of Liu-Nan's mention (2nd cent. BCE) of a kingdom of diminutive
black skins in southwest China?

Doesn't the Chiu T'ang Shu say that the people south of Lin-yi have
both wooly hair and black skin?

What of the empress Li's, consort of Hsiao Wu Wen, descriptions as a black?

Or the 200,000 strong Nakhi?

Maybe these are all chimeras, what can you tell me about the above?

quote:
... the Chinese of which there are no black people.

quote:
Pay attention Djehuti, I was talking about the African slave trade after 1500. Again, blacks sold other blacks to European slave traders.

Yes, and my reference to Africans' system of slavery also included that time period!

quote:
Djehuti

OK, now that this thread has concluded its subject header due to
its indefensible nature, I wonder about something.

I don't know if this is solely an Indonesian thing but she obviously
was refering to her pale white transluscent skin. So, if there are
"white Chinese" are there not "black Chinese?"

Don't the Tcheu-Li documents (12th-3rd cent. BCE) speak of diminutive
folk with black oily skin on Taiwan?

Was Lao-tzse born of a virgin black in colour and beautiful as jasper?

What of Liu-Nan's mention (2nd cent. BCE) of a kingdom of diminutive
black skins in southwest China?

Doesn't the Chiu T'ang Shu say that the people south of Lin-yi have
both wooly hair and black skin?

What of the empress Li's, consort of Hsiao Wu Wen, descriptions as a black?

Or the 200,000 strong Nakhi?

Maybe these are all chimeras, what can you tell me about the above?

That depends on what one means by 'black'. Many of the peoples you describe such as the indigenous Taiwanese were just darker-skinned Asians but not really 'black' in the sense that we use. Of course many Chinese especially from the north as well as other northern Asians like Koreans and Japanese would describe themselves as 'white' and Southeast Asians like myself as 'black'.

This is not to say that there weren't any true black people in those parts of Asia. I'm sure there existed certain aboriginal tribes in certain areas. The earliest dynasty of the Funan kingdom Cambodia was said to be ruled by small, very dark queens with frizzy hair. Many scholars think that such a dynasty consisted of 'Negrito' type peoples.

Posted by Wally (Member # 2936) on :

quote:
Wally
quote:

Thanks Dr. Winters. This is an interesting revelation and bears, at least on my part, further investigation. I had no idea that Chinese civilization was built upon the basis of foreign slave labor and/or foreign exploitation. Could you provide me (us) with references to these Qiang people. Thanks.

Since we all understand that black does not equal African, I'm confused
that the listed blacks of China aren't black Chines. What's a true black?
Is that like a true negro? And what do you mean by "not really 'black' in
the sense that we use"? That sounds exactly what some say about Africans
who aren't the proverbial "sub-saharan."

quote:

This is not to say that there weren't any true black people in those parts of Asia.

Oh, I date within my race, the human race. There's little alTakruri
bastards running around on every continent (including Antartica) and
most of the islands. It's my plan for the alTakruri conquest of the planet. [Razz]

Clan alTakruri is here, BOW DOWN!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

quote:

See this is what really burns me up about self hating African Americans. On one hand when someone says Egyptians were either not black or mixed you get furious, yet you date out of your race and don't like your own women!!!!!! wtf is that. You cannot succeed as a culture and have your own genders divided like that. So I guess African American women aren't pretty cuz of those evil African features(yet yall claim to be African scholars) but you BEG for these features when you are posting Egyptian statues and glyphs. You African Americans really embarras we non-African American blacks because you seem to be the only ones that hate yourselves. It's really disgusting and even though I like the posts from Alktruri I really wasn't surprised he dates out of his race which is disappointing, but oh well. All I am saying is it really doesn't make sense from an objective perspective.

I think Africans screwed themselves over by being so divided after the end of the Egytian Empire. From my understanding Egypt is the OLDEST Black Empire in Africa and mostly all of the tribes and subsequent kingsdoms are just off-shoots of Egypt founded by people over hundreds of years af Migration ove the continent after being driven out of Egypt by foreigners.

All that division, PLUS not being able to get your hands on the gun. That's GOT to really screw you over.

Most often times during the Slave Trade one African state/tribe/group would not help another defend itself against foreigners because they saw themselves as unique and different. Imperialist Europeans would play this up by giving one group/tribe guns thus giving them incentive to attack another group for slaves ala the slave TRAAAAADE.

That's why I don;t know why Africans get pissed at Black Americans, It's not our Fault we're in America LMAO.

I'm not gonna lie. Europeans have a VICE GRIP on this worl and are not letting it go, even though they are the minority.

It's mainly for the aforementioned reasons--Blacks fighting each other, sel-hatred, racism

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an advocate for Pan-Africanism.

Tee85
quote:

All that division, PLUS not being able to get your hands on the gun. That's GOT to really screw you over.

Most often times during the Slave Trade one African state/tribe/group would not help another defend itself against foreigners because they saw themselves as unique and different. Imperialist Europeans would play this up by giving one group/tribe guns thus giving them incentive to attack another group for slaves ala the slave TRAAAAADE.

That's why I don;t know why Africans get pissed at Black Americans, It's not our Fault we're in America LMAO.

It was not the break up of Egypt that led to the rise of the Atlantic Slave Trade, it was the fall of the Songhay Empire. Once this Empire fell independent West African nations were able to make deals with the Portuguese and other Europeans to sell African slaves.

In addition, Africans did learn how to make guns. Its just that they did not manufacture guns in great numbers.

The fall of Songhay, and rise of many independent nations led to the fall of these nations through use of divide and rule tactics.

Moreover, it would appear from your post that you believe Europeans have ruled Africa for hundreds of years. This not true. Most African nations were colonied between 1885-1900. And by the 1950's African nations, beginning with Ghana, began to become independent from colonial rule.

Although Europeans no longer rule Africa physically, the minds of Africans are controlled by Europeans, because most African nations accept the view that social science knowledge is neutral and therefore they allow their schools to use curriculum modeled on those used in the West. These models of history and textbooks , promote Western civilization and in the end encourage African people to believe they have contributed nothing to history and therefore have always been ruled by Europeans.

thanx

Can anyone tell me about the Mamelukes. Weren't they "white" slaves tot he Arabs.

Also, Arabs Enslaves Blacks BEFORE Europeans.--Almost in sucession of each other.

I'm glad this discussion has moved away from questioning the unity of europeans. Europe may not be completely united but we are far more united than any other continent in the world.

quote:
Can anyone tell me about the Mamelukes. Weren't they "white" slaves tot he Arabs.
Yes, they were slaves who revolted and then became masters of egypt.

MichaelFromQuebec
quote:

I'm glad this discussion has moved away from questioning the unity of europeans. Europe may not be completely united but we are far more united than any other continent in the world.

I agree. But the burden of Europe is Nationalism/Tribalism. I fear that it is only a matter of time it will raise its ugly head again and another war will break out.

To keep Europe united, you have to placate the Germanic tribes. Since the Germanic defeat of the Romans, Germanic speaking people have periodically instigated wars to take control of the European continent.To keep Europe unified, you have to keep the Germans happy.

Dr Winters

Its not solely a matter of the Germans.
Ever hear of Balkanization?
This century it's Kosovo, Bosnia, Serbia, etc.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Michael

What? You're still ranting on with this Europa uber alles spiel?

Amazing!

You're glad this discussion's moved away from the issue you brought up?
Then why the hell did you bring it up in the first place?

Your emotional stance of European unity of genes, culture, and
history, had no rational evidence to back it up. Even after
narrowing it down to just two examples, Danes and Greeks or Romani
and Irish, you still presented no data. That's why we're not discussing it.

Time to put this thread on lockdown. The other relevant matters entertained
here can be taken up in other ongoing threads or forum members cab start
new threads to further explore them.

quote:
I'm glad this discussion has moved away from questioning the unity of europeans.

Posted by Keins (Member # 6476) on :

I think this thread is still way of topic. I would like to know the following:

1. What is the genetic components that link europe past and present as distinctly European?

2. What is the common cultural threads that unify Europe past and present to a common mother European civilization?

3. What is the common human phenotypic morphology that links and identify Europeans past and present.

Most of the above responses are just from a modern day political axis and mantra.

quote:
I agree. But the burden of Europe is Nationalism/Tribalism. I fear that it is only a matter of time it will raise its ugly head again and another war will break out.
As long as there is a sizeable amount of foreigners in Europe this will never happen.

quote:
To keep Europe unified, you have to keep the Germans happy.
I think the german's have learnt their lesson, I seriously doubt they will plunge Europe into another war.

First off, I didn't bring up the topic it was idiots like you who were questioning European unity.

quote:
Your emotional stance of European unity of genes, culture, and
history, had no rational evidence to back it up. Even after narrowing it down to just two examples, Danes and Greeks or Romani and Irish, you still presented no data. That's why we're not discussing it.

I repeat Europe may not be completely united but we are far more united than anyother continent on earth.

But YOU were the idiot who did bring it up, and here's where you did it.
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=003513;p=3;#000107
So don't tell tell that lie.

I'm not letting you off the hotseat you placed yourself on. The best of
your present posturing can't obscure the fact that you can't support
YOUR idiotic statement
quote:
... Europeans ... share genes , culture and history. This is what makes us a real race,

by showing such between even two geometric diametric European ethnies.

Again, the little part of Europe once known as Yugoslavia is today's most
pertinent example of European disunity.

quote:

First off, I didn't bring up the topic it was idiots like you who were questioning European unity.

[Embarrassed] Mikey o canada, still hasn't listed anything substantial that would back up his claims on Europe.

quote:
...Europeans share genes, culture, and history...
He hasn't specified what these genes, culture, or even history that unifies them.

[Frown] I feel so sorry for the guy, that even though it's cheating I'll offer just a little help.

On the 'genes' part of your claim I will just say R1. You can figure out the rest of what that means..

quote:
Again, the little part of Europe once known as Yugoslavia is today's most pertinent example of European disunity.
Yugoslavia is more of an example of why turkey shouldn't be allowed into the EU.

^^^But Turkey is NOT in Europe while Yugoslavia IS!!

LOL [Big Grin] You shot yourself in the face with that statement!

The guy's obviously not playing with a full deck, nor has he all
four burners. He's not cooking with gas (or electric for that matter).

Not implying that he's personally toys in the attic, just that
as regards to the straight dope on Europe he makes Dopey
look like Dexter.

quote:
^^^But Turkey is NOT in Europe while Yugoslavia IS!! LOL [Big Grin] You shot yourself in the face with that statement!
What I meant by the statement was that Ottoman Influence and conquest are the reasons for ethnic-religious strife in the region.

quote:
On the 'genes' part of your claim I will just say R1. You can figure out the rest of what that means..
Why should I, I know who's white and who isn't.

quote:
He hasn't specified what these genes, culture, or even history that unifies them.

Culture:

How many times do I have to bring up the fact that European culture is centered around old Roman(as well as Greek) culture and Christianity.

History:

Crusades, Mongol invasion, renaissance and colonisation.

quote:

Why should I, I know who's white and who isn't.

LOL And how can we believe that when you apparently don't even know who's black and who isn't! You claimed that not only was the rural Egyptian man I showed "mixed" but also the Fulani and even Somali peoples! You even try to compare the Egyptian man to a light-skinned girl who obviously has mixed ancestry even though the Egyptian man was very dark in color and as darker than many African Americans!

quote:
Culture:

How many times do I have to bring up the fact that European culture is centered around old Roman(as well as Greek) culture and Christianity.

So what your saying is basically the diffusion of influence from one or a couple of cultures to other cultures that had nothing in common..?

quote:
History:

So your saying invasion of foreigners was your only commonality in history..?

[Embarrassed] You should have accepted my help,.. but if you want to do it on your own and struggle then be my guest..

quote:
how can we believe that when you apparently don't even know who's black and who isn't!
It's difficult when you claim anybody with a tan is black, irregardless of how they define themselves.

quote:
try to compare the Egyptian man to a light-skinned girl who obviously has mixed ancestry even though the Egyptian man was very dark in color and as darker than many African Americans!
What does being darker than many African American's have to do with anything.

quote:
So what your saying is basically the diffusion of influence from one or a couple of cultures to other cultures that had nothing in common..?
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

quote:
So your saying invasion of foreigners was your only commonality in history..?
The fact that we were able to put our differences aside long enough to subdue the world is proof of our unity.

quote:
It's difficult when you claim anybody with a tan is black, irregardless of how they define themselves.

But then again, noone in this discussion ever said that everyone with a tan is Black.

A concrete definition of Black has been given to you.

The real question is how do you define Black?

The burden of proof is on you to prove your contentions of why someone is or is not Black.

And as far as self identity is concerned, you seem to have no problem grouping Europeans into the "White Race" despite the fact that many European cultures do not adhere to the concept of Whiteness especially historically.

quote:
The fact that we were able to put our differences aside long enough to subdue the world is proof of our unity.
There is no doubt that Europe made political advancements to create a social enviroment in which multiple powers could get along and subdue other groups without fierce conflict (e.g. the Berlin Conference).

However there is no United States of Europe.

There is a peninsula/continent with many countries, cultures and ethnic groups.

And regardless of recent historial unity there are no longer any world super powers in Europe, it is itself not a world power.

What does any of this have to do with Ancient Egypt? [Confused]

quote:

[Eek!] [Eek!]

Now who is the one suffering from dementia here?!!
You can't possibly be saying that the gentleman below is merely "tanned"!!

-

And again, how one 'defines' himself is besides the point. There are Sudanese who are just as dark as Africans from Senegal or the Congo yet refer to themselves as "green"!!

Your denial is just as gross as Hore's. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
What does being darker than many African American's have to do with anything.
It shows the absurdity of your "mixed" up claims.

quote:
[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
LOL You can roll your eyes all you want, but it won't help your argument. Putting forth FACTS is the only thing that can help.

quote:
LOL Europeans never "subdued the world" as a team. During the Age of Imperialism there was always competition between the various European nations and even wars and disputes between them to see who would take control of which foreign nation. Again you shoot yourself in the face!

[Embarrassed] over a 150 posts and still you have nothing.

MichaelFromQuebec:

quote:

Culture:

History:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you saying the Mongols were "White/ Europeans"?

Your history eye is coloured by Eurocentrism. The Cursades impacted Europe, more than it affected the rest of the world. The only thing the Cursaders did is steal the riches of a few Arabs, while they took back science and new foods to Europe. This does not show superiority it shows that Europeans were able to learn more about the world through their interactions with non European people.

Moreover, much of the culture attributed to the Greeks and Romans was of African origin, especially the religions (gods), arts and
sciences which appear to have come from the Egyptians according to many researchers. Moreover, the principle religion of Europe: Christianity did not originate in Europe, it came from the Middle East.

The same thing about the Renaissance. During this period the Italians began to capitalize off its contacts with the Muslim world, and accumulated wealth via trade in speices which came from the East. Based upon the knowledge Europeans obtained from the Muslims , especially the Moors who had allowed many none Muslim Europeans to attend their Universities, Europeans acquired the arts and sciences.

What civilizational elements began in Europe, instead of being imported from Africa and Asia?

quote:
Now who is the one suffering from dementia here?!! You can't possibly be saying that the gentleman below is merely "tanned"!!
That man isn't black get over it.

quote:
There are Sudanese who are just as dark as Africans from Senegal or the Congo yet refer to themselves as "green"!!
??? You're going to have to tell me what green means.

quote:
Europeans never "subdued the world" as a team. During the Age of Imperialism there was always competition between the various European nations and even wars and disputes between them to see who would take control of which foreign nation.
They had disputes but their conquest went with relative ease. If you look at the colonisation of africa, there was only one incident where europeans ALMOST fought.

quote:
Are you saying the Mongols were "White/ Europeans"?
No!! During the mongol invasion European knights from all over the continent went to the east to defend it against the mongols.

quote:
Moreover, much of the culture attributed to the Greeks and Romans was of African origin, especially the religions (gods), arts and
sciences

There is no denying that those cultures were influenced by the Egyptians but it still doesn't make them any less European. No one in this world lives in a vacum we're all influenced by eachother.

quote:

That man isn't black get over it.

Then what is he then, white??! He certainly isn't "tanned"!! LOL [Big Grin]

quote:
??? You're going to have to tell me what green means.
Sorry but that is their term, not mine; so go ask them that! In the mean time YOU are going to tell me what 'black' means (to YOU)!!

quote:
They had disputes but their conquest went with relative ease. If you look at the colonisation of africa, there was only one incident where europeans ALMOST fought.
[Embarrassed] Irrelevant to your claims of European 'unity'.

quote:
No!! During the mongol invasion European knights from all over the continent went to the east to defend it against the mongols.
Proof of common interests but not unity.

quote:
There is no denying that those cultures were influenced by the Egyptians but it still doesn't make them any less European. No one in this world lives in a vacum we're all influenced by eachother.
True, and the introduction of Neolithic culture to Europe is proof of that. But again, what does any of that have to do with your claims of European unity??

quote:

Are you saying the Mongols were "White/ Europeans"?...

It's no different from saying the Shang Chinese were Black/Africans! [Wink]

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com