EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt's top archaeologist sells trademark hats for charity

The Associated Press

Published: October 31, 2007

CAIRO, Egypt: Egypt's top archaeologist has made about US$500,000 (€348,000) for a children's charity by selling copies of his trademark leather hat during a recent King Tut tour, he said Wednesday.

Zahi Hawass, the country's top antiquities official, said that the replicas of his trademark Indiana Jones hat were sold for US$45 (€31) each during the two-year tour that wrapped up this fall.

"Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs" drew nearly 4 million visitors during its two-year foreign tour.

The brown suede hat carries Hawass' picture and signature.

Hawass will be donating the money for the construction of Egypt's and the Middle East's first children's museum. Hawass has been the antiquities council chief for the past five years.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/10/31/africa/ME-GEN-Egypt-Hawass-Hat.php

Now I wanna know who bought one??? [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ It's not even his actual hat but replicas of it! So what??
Posts: 26369 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yom
Member # 11256

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still, people like the style. Don't hate him for everything he does, though. This fund-raiser was a good thing.

--------------------
"Oh the sons of Ethiopia; observe with care; the country called Ethiopia is, first, your mother; second, your throne; third, your wife; fourth, your child; fifth, your grave." - Ras Alula Aba Nega.

Posts: 1024 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Who's hating? I just don't see what the big deal is. It's not like he is giving away the actual hat.

I just hope this won't let this go to the guy's head as if he is the rock star of the archaeological world. Or maybe it's too late! LOL

Posts: 26369 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Blaze
Member # 13931

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Blaze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats funny,and why the charity with the middle east and not the country north of named Sudan. That country Egypt never helps its fellow Africans...oh I forgot the Egyptians aren't African niether are they Arabs,so why is doing something for Arabs then. Dame stag actor!
Posts: 62 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com