EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » William J. Anderson's what does "black" mean list

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: William J. Anderson's what does "black" mean list
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
William J. Anderson:

what does "black" mean?

A) Negroid

B) Any person with a certain level of dark skin

C) Any person with a certain level with a certain level of dark skin
that has longer limb proportions

D) Any person with a certain level of dark skin
who has a longer limb proportions
and has a certain cranial features

E) Any person with a certain level of dark skin
who has a longer limb proportions,
has a certain cranial features
and has a certain limited range of facial features

F) Any person with a certain level of dark skin
whose ancestors have lived on the continent of Africa within a certain relatively recent period of time

G) Any person with a certain level of dark skin
who has longer limb proportions,
has a certain cranial features
and whose ancestors have lived on the continent of Africa within a certain relatively recent period of time

H) Any person with a certain level of dark skin
who has longer limb proportions,
has a certain cranial features,
has a certain limited range of facial features
and whose ancestors have lived on the continent of Africa within a certain relatively recent period of time

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigantic
Member # 17311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gigantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ans: H

--------------------
Will destroy all Black Lies

Posts: 2025 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Two White ass-holes trying to define Black - what next?
Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
avoidance strategy post, see thread title, proceed
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avoid this bitch
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=003577;p=3

quote:
Originally posted by Gigantic:
ans: H

So black is no longer synonymous with "negroid" for you loser? lol
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
take your own advice, you follow me around like a dog, but I don't have a "bone" for you, consult horsenation
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
click for a treat!

-

-

Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacki Lopushonsky
Member # 17745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacki Lopushonsky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Literally absence of light (or knowledge to Egocentrics).

How about one more -

I) A sociopolitical classification for demographics

Posts: 644 | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by NonProphet:
Literally absence of light (or knowledge to Egocentrics).

How about one more -

I) A sociopolitical classification for demographics

that might be a larger category that could also include "white". The above question is a sub category in relation to A sociopolitical classification for demographics.

If we were talking about an apple and I asked was it a fruit or vegetable. The answer would not be it's a "type of food"

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
William J. Anderson:

what does "black" mean? .....

You have posted a totally irrelevant "multiple choice" topic. It is irrelevant here on Egyptology
for the simple fact that what a relevant question would be to ask is what were the Ancient
Egyptians' own concept of what 'black' means...

The Egyptian language is the oldest recorded language known to modern man. The Coptic
Language is the name used to refer to the last stage of the written Egyptian language...thus,
from the Coptic:

anon ne - we are

anok ang - I am

anok pe - I am

`n;oc te - She is

ou - indefinite article, singular 'a'

ni - the definite article for plural (both masculine and feminine)

Anon ne Ni Kmomou - We are The Blacks ("Egyptians")

Anok ang ouKeme - I am a black (from the Coptic bible; Song of Songs)

Anok ang ouRmnk - I am a person of Black ("Egyptian") (Rmnk from Rwmi n Keme)

`n;oc te terosh - She is red (light skinned)

`n;oc te keme - She is black

`n;oc te Keme - She is Black (an "Egyptian")

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
William J. Anderson:

what does "black" mean? .....

You have posted a totally irrelevant "multiple choice" topic. It is irrelevant here on Egyptology
for the simple fact that what a relevant question would be to ask is what were the Ancient
Egyptians' own concept of what 'black' means...

The Egyptian language is the oldest recorded language known to modern man. The Coptic
Language is the name used to refer to the last stage of the written Egyptian language...thus,
from the Coptic:

anon ne - we are

anok ang - I am

anok pe - I am

`n;oc te - She is

ou - indefinite article, singular 'a'

ni - the definite article for plural (both masculine and feminine)

Anon ne Ni Kmomou - We are The Blacks ("Egyptians")

Anok ang ouKeme - I am a black (from the Coptic bible; Song of Songs)

Anok ang ouRmnk - I am a person of Black ("Egyptian") (Rmnk from Rwmi n Keme)

`n;oc te terosh - She is red (light skinned)

`n;oc te keme - She is black

`n;oc te Keme - She is Black (an "Egyptian")

It's not irrelevant for two reasons

1) you just gave usage examples like someone might say "she is tall"
that type of example is not a definition example defining what "tall" means
anymore than what "black" means.
And this thread is not about defining Coptic words which you have done a million times before.

2) when people use the term "black" on this website they aren't using it the way the AEs used it. They are using contemporary definitions applied to viewing the AEs unless they start talking about Coptic.
Do you not speak in English on this website? You just spoke in several words in English using contemporary meanings.

People just don't want to have to define what black means so they can have it mean anything. That's why discussions go around in circles.
The above list is a reasonable list that includes options that most people using one of them mean when they use the term "black".

Wally
Member # 2936

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wally   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness
It's not irrelevant for two reasons

1) you just gave usage examples like someone might say "she is tall"

that type of example is not a definition example defining what "tall" means

anymore than what "black" means.

And this thread is not about defining Coptic words which you have done a million
times before.

2) when people use the term "black" on this website they aren't using it the way the
AEs used it. They are using contemporary definitions applied to viewing the AEs unless
they start talking about Coptic.

Do you not speak in English on this website? You just spoke in several words in English
using contemporary meanings.

People just don't want to have to define what black means so they can have it mean
anything. That's why discussions go around in circles.

The above list is a reasonable list that includes options that most people using one of
them mean when they use the term "black".

Your response to my objective presentation of the Ancient Egyptian usage of the
meanings of the word "Black" has been the much anticipated response of a
specious argument on your part...

Specious
deceitful, deceiving, deluding, delusive, delusory, fallacious, false, misleading, deceptive

<><><>

Every human being on the planet, who is familiar with the English language, knows what
the adjectives "tall" and "black" means. While the more erudite would also inform you that
"black" in Spanish is "negro" and in French it is "noir" ; but what you're driving at, I suppose,
is the connotation of the word; well, as I have pointed out over 'a million times':

In the Mdu Ntr, the 'way the Ancient Egyptians used it,' "black" connotes:

holy, pure, free from moral blemish or impurity; unsullied, benevolent; without malicious intent...

>> you White folks merely flipped the script, still emulating "les noirs"...

Posts: 3344 | From: Berkeley | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Wally:

Every human being on the planet, who is familiar with the English language, knows what
the adjectives "tall" and "black" means.

yes this is what black means:

-

you solved the problem Wally. Egyptians were this color, thank you

anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Such a dumbass, no wonder you think Jews were gassed at Auschwitz.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com