This is topic How much basal Eurasian was in ancient Northern Africa? in forum Egyptology at EgyptSearch Forums.

To visit this topic, use this URL:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=009954

Posted by Oshun (Member # 19740) on :

Wondering what the data says on Basal Eurasian in northern Africa (or any parts of Africa). Was African BE more frequent?

Posted by capra (Member # 22737) on :

I have not even seen a decent attempt at an estimate. African (or other African) ancestry is also basal to mainstream Eurasian and is difficult to account for, and estimates for Eurasians are all over the place to begin with. I would very much like to see a good analysis for the Taforalt genomes if possible, I don't think there was one in the paper (can't get access to it anymore to check).

Sub-Saharan Africans without North African or West Eurasian ancestry probably have very little or no Basal Eurasian ancestry, because they lack genetic affinity for non-African populations with high amounts of Basal Eurasian over those without.

Posted by xyyman (Member # 13597) on :

Europeans are more African than non-African

Also..(can't get access to it anymore to check????

m

-

quote:
Originally posted by capra:
[Q] (can't get access to it anymore to check????).

Sub-Saharan Africans without North African or West Eurasian ancestry probably have very little or no Basal Eurasian ancestry, because they lack genetic affinity for non-African populations with high amounts of Basal Eurasian over those without. [/Q]

Posted by the lioness, (Member # 17353) on :

-
Lazaridis

Posted by Ish Gebor (Member # 18264) on :

[Big Grin]

quote:
The ‘Basal Eurasians’ are a lineage hypothesized
—Iosif Lazaridis
Genomic insights into the origin of farming in the ancient Near East

quote:
And long before “Support from the relationship of genetic and geographic distance in human populations for a serial founder effect originating in Africa”.
—L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza et al.
http://www.pnas.org/content/102/44/15942/tab-article-info

Posted by Elmaestro (Member # 22566) on :

quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
Wondering what the data says on Basal Eurasian in northern Africa (or any parts of Africa). Was African BE more frequent?

Nah

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com