EgyptSearch Forums Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

» EgyptSearch Forums » Egyptology » Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza (1922–2018) » Post A Reply

Post A Reply
Login Name:
Password:
Message Icon: Icon 1     Icon 2     Icon 3     Icon 4     Icon 5     Icon 6     Icon 7    
Icon 8     Icon 9     Icon 10     Icon 11     Icon 12     Icon 13     Icon 14    
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins Instant UBB Code™
Smile   Frown   Embarrassed   Big Grin   Wink   Razz  
Cool   Roll Eyes   Mad   Eek!   Confused    
Insert URL Hyperlink - UBB Code™   Insert Email Address - UBB Code™
Bold - UBB Code™   Italics - UBB Code™
Quote - UBB Code™   Code Tag - UBB Code™
List Start - UBB Code™   List Item - UBB Code™
List End - UBB Code™   Image - UBB Code™

What is UBB Code™?
Options

Disable Graemlins in this post.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
xyyman
Member # 13597
 - posted
11-16-2018
Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza (1922–2018)
Joaquim Fort

Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza passed away on August 31st, 2018. Born in Genoa (Italy) in 1922, at
age 16 he begun his undergraduate studies in Medicine in Torino. Next year he continued them
in Pavia, where at age 20 he begun publishing research papers on quantitative measurements of
bacterial virulence. In this field he worked with his classmate Giovanni Magni, performing
experiments using mice inoculated with virulent bacteria. They discovered a linear relationship
between mean death time and the logarithm of dose (i.e., the number of bacteria used for
inoculations), and proposed an interpretation that isolated the two factors of virulence, namely
the reproduction time of the bacteria and their toxicity (which are related, respectively, to the
slope and the intercept of the linear relationship) (Cavalli and Magni 1947).

https://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1135&context=humbiol_preprints

Askia_The_Great
Member # 22000
 - posted
Damn rip. His study on the relationship between Northeast African and Greek genetic relations was top notch during that time when it was published.

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com