EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Does anybody know if...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anybody know if...
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we're allowed to draw acording to Bible? (according to the judeo christian Bible)
("or make unto thee any likeness to anything")
are you allowed to draw according to Koran?

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to whom?
Some say the Koran does forbid any drawing and yet there has been beautifull art from some periods in the different empires.
So who do you want to be quoting those texts as a narrowminded rule to anything drawn?
To me this has to be seen in the spirit of not pinning God (or people for that matter) down on imperfect images. We need educational images but we have to let go of them at the same time. We need to contemplate God as the 'all' this unapprehensible mystery of our origin of being and our destiny, not to be sculptured like some headen gods. This seems to be a very paradoxal guideline in Koran and Bible alike. If you don't look at it with the dept it deserves you will make life and you're relation with God torture instead of holy.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[6] I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
[7] Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
[8] Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
[9] Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,
[10] And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.

now think of all the egyptian gods..

seth ,hippo, underwater ect..

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the muslims take it to the extream..but think of the cresent star...thats an image..

I think art work is ok..it's just don't worship it like the egptians worship horus, or others molech or ,or, or,..ect

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trust me I look at so much in the Bible w/ depth that I don't even know if I'd call myself christian, based on alot of common ideas and conceptions among them.

but... i wanted others' thoughts on:

EXODUS 20:4-5
quote:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
quote:
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD Thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation them that hate me;
and all that follows:

EXODUS 20:3

quote:
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Posts: 5555 | From: Tha 5th Dimension. | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whatbox
Member # 10819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whatbox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think the muslims take it to the extream..but think of the cresent star...thats an image..

I think art work is ok..it's just don't worship it like the egptians worship horus, or others molech or ,or, or,..ect

i agree

--------------------
http://iheartguts.com/shop/bmz_cache/7/72e040818e71f04c59d362025adcc5cc.image.300x261.jpg http://www.nastynets.net/www.mousesafari.com/lohan-facial.gif

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com