EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Religion » Countdown.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Countdown.
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JUDGMENT DAY: MAY 21st, 2011
THE END OF THE WORLD: OCTOBER 21st, 2011
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

Actually, it seems the saints will rapture next week, I think at 6-something PM (no indication of Greenwich Mean time, Eastern Standard, Pacific, or where!). The actual end of the world is a full 5 months later, Oct 21. [Razz] [Eek!]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't we get a few warning signs first? Plagues of locusts, what not? Dunno, I'm not too read up on this stuff, but surely you get an amber light before red, no?
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm ready.
This place is getting too weird for me.
[Wink]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
Don't we get a few warning signs first? Plagues of locusts, what not? Dunno, I'm not too read up on this stuff, but surely you get an amber light before red, no?

Egypt did have the plague of locusts a couple of years back actually. Enough tsunamis, earthquakes, tornados going off all over the place too.
[Frown]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
JUDGMENT DAY: MAY 21st, 2011
THE END OF THE WORLD: OCTOBER 21st, 2011
http://www.ebiblefellowship.com/outreach/tracts/may21/

Actually, it seems the saints will rapture next week, I think at 6-something PM (no indication of Greenwich Mean time, Eastern Standard, Pacific, or where!). The actual end of the world is a full 5 months later, Oct 21. [Razz] [Eek!]

Screw it, Mother's Day I took a road trip with thee mother to a town halfway between our metro area and the metro area my sister lives in.

One billdboard that stood out was about "Judgement Day" May 21st, 2011 with a couple of hyperlinks to "Christian family radio" websites.

Nothing is worse than barreling down a highway towards where my sister is living and seeing every forth billboard trump Judgement Day, Live begins at conception or "Marriage is for straights" state constitution ammendment.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blimey, I misread the link, as Edible fellowship.
And then thought, 'Oh right, one of those pro-cannibal things..'

When one can be blase about promotion of cannibalism, The End is Nigh billboards, and all the rest that has been going on over the past 3 or 4 years, Judgement Day doesn't surprise me in the least.

By the way, why the gap between Judgement, and The End?
Bureaurocracy? Time to lodge an appeal?

Nice they chose Mothers' Day. Cute. [Well ok, a little misogynist, but what's new?]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's how Islam looks at the signs of the hour..

The signs of the Day of Judgment are of two kinds:
1– The lesser signs.
2– The greater signs.

The first one began from the period of the Prophet Muhammad (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him). The latter would appear close to the day of judgement.

1– Muslims will defeat the Byzantines, conquer the Constantinople and capture Rome.

2– Very high buildings will be built.

3–Islamic knowledge will disappear and the ignorance will appear.

4– Killing, adultery will become wide spread.

5– The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be 50 women to be looked after by one man.

6– Islam will become strange as it was in its early stages.

7– The retreating of Euphrates will uncover a mountain of gold, for which people will fight.

8–Two large groups of people will fight one another.

9– 30 Dajjals (Antichrists) will appear, each one will claim to be the messenger of Allah.

10– Earthquakes will increase, affliction will appear, and time will pass quickly.

11– Wealth will increase.

12– Women will be wearing clothes, but they appear to be naked.

13– A maidservant will give birth to her master/mistress.

14– The Hadith that Prophet (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “If my Ummah bear 15 traits…… this Hadith is not correct.

15– Voices will be raised in mosques.

16– Women singers and musical instruments will increase.

Here are some of the greater signs:

1–The Mahdi(lit;the guided one) the Dajjal (Antichrist), the Ya’juj and Ma’juj (Gog and Mogog) will appear.

2–Eesa (Jesus) will descend during the time of Dajjal.

3– A smoke which will spread over the whole earth.

4–Ka’bah will be destroyed and its treasure will be taken over.

5– The Holy Qur’an will be uplifted and no Ayah will be left on earth.

6– The sun will rise from the West.

Source :
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=82276

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Blimey, I misread the link, as Edible fellowship.
And then thought, 'Oh right, one of those pro-cannibal things..'

When one can be blase about promotion of cannibalism, The End is Nigh billboards, and all the rest that has been going on over the past 3 or 4 years, Judgement Day doesn't surprise me in the least.

By the way, why the gap between Judgement, and The End?
Bureaurocracy? Time to lodge an appeal?

Nice they chose Mothers' Day. Cute. [Well ok, a little misogynist, but what's new?]

Thats what my mother stated and she was pissed. SE Minnesota is a little scary in a Wacco sort of way.
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

5– The number of men will decrease and the number of women will increase until there will be 50 women to be looked after by one man.

12– Women will be wearing clothes, but they appear to be naked.

13– A maidservant will give birth to her master/mistress.

16– Women singers and musical instruments will increase.

[Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well when yalls world ends i will be sitting here online playing facebook games.. so tell me are yall gonna drink the coolaid a few days before ur judgement day?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
SE Minnesota is a little scary in a Wacco sort of way.

surprisingly we kinda picked that up somehow. [Wink]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What humiliation would those ebiblefellowship guys fall into if actually nothing at all would happen on those anticipated dates...let alone those folks (John, Matthew, Luke, Peter, Jonah and likes) who actually took the trouble to write those bibles and thought they'd be dead anyway. [Big Grin]
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What humiliation would those ebiblefellowship guys fall into if actually nothing at all would happen on those anticipated dates...let alone those folks (John, Matthew, Luke, Peter, Jonah and likes) who actually took the trouble to write those bibles and thought they'd be dead anyway. [Big Grin]

Well, that is not what (John, Matthew, Luke, Peter... wrote) It's nice to check the source rather than just believing what some random guy is saying. [Wink]

Mathew, Mark, and Luke all bare witness and recorded similar accounts as to what Jesus actually said. [Smile]

Check it out:
quote:
Mar 13:2 And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mar 13:3 ¶ And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,

Mar 13:4 Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

Mar 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any [man] deceive you:

Mar 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am [Christ]; and shall deceive many.

Mar 13:7 And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for [such things] must needs be; but the end [shall] not [be] yet.

Mar 13:8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these [are] the beginnings of sorrows.

Mar 13:9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.

Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead [you], and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.

Mar 13:12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against [their] parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.

Mar 13:13 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mar 13:14 ¶ But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Mar 13:15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter [therein], to take any thing out of his house:

Mar 13:16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

Mar 13:17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Mar 13:18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

Mar 13:19 For [in] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

Mar 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

Mar 13:21 And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here [is] Christ; or, lo, [he is] there; believe [him] not:

Mar 13:22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.

Mar 13:23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Mar 13:24 ¶ But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,

Mar 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.

Mar 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mar 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Mar 13:28 ¶ Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, [even] at the doors.

Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

Mar 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Mar 13:32 ¶ But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mar 13:33 Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is .

Mar 13:34 [For the Son of man is] as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

Mar 13:35 Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

Mar 13:36 Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

Mar 13:36 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

And somehow Minnesota is almost the same size as the UK, if you include bodies of water its about the same size.

So we have a few creepy bible thumping towns, doesn't UK have a few christian extremist areas too?

83,574 square miles of Minnesota are land areas. Water Area: 7,326 square miles of Minnesota are covered by water.

How big is UK in square miles? 94,251 square miles

If I remember right your employer used to be a cult member of an extreme christian group, then spent the next decade of her life evangalizing against the group.

Jees, at least no one I know belong to a moony group! [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

And somehow Minnesota is almost the same size as the UK, if you include bodies of water its about the same size.
and the relevance of that is? [Confused]

quote:
So we have a few creepy bible thumping towns, doesn't UK have a few christian extremist areas too?
No, has a few extremist muslim areas though, apparently

quote:
83,574 square miles of Minnesota are land areas. Water Area: 7,326 square miles of Minnesota are covered by water.

How big is UK in square miles? 94,251 square miles

relevance? or are you are only providing proof a larger area of US is wacko?

quote:
If I remember right your employer used to be a cult member of an extreme christian group, then spent the next decade of her life evangalizing against the group.

Jees, at least no one I know belong to a moony group! [Big Grin]

huh?? files mixed up again sono, not a clue what you're on about....again. [Confused]
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member

nope sorry. can't think of anywhere in Europe actually.

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
The old guy who came up with this is some kind of networked TV evangalist isn't he?
Don't have those in Europe either. [As far as i know]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a happy clappy church opened up in my old town. Aren't they the Christadelphians? Anyway, nobody just went to this church for harvest festivals or midnight mass - they either went without fail every single week or never went at all. A lot of the old folk were leaving all their worldly goods to the church. The guy who ran it opened up multiple businesses - everyone on the outside was deeply suspicious about the whole thing, and 99.99% were on the outside, but I guess it only takes a few suckers to make it worth their while.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peed me often when they would knock my door to talk to me about Jesus...

Latter Day Saints and Jehovas! Seriously, remove yourself away from my property before you meet your maker quicker than you anticipated!

What gives people the right to preach on your doorstep??? I may go round and promote the devil door- to door sometime [Big Grin]

I had one friend who would see who was a knocking and strip naked before opening the door and inviting them in lmao... they never bothered him again!!!

That it one good thing about living in Egypt, people don't mither you about religion!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
That it one good thing about living in Egypt, people don't mither you about religion!

Yeah right, that's why they have such a hard time understanding when you say you are not religious, you don't believe in god.

I always tell them I am Christian - and they are usually satisfied with the answer. I know it's a little white lie but sometimes it's necessary to tell them just to keep the mood happy and don't get bothered.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How could they have a hard time believing you weren't religious if you told them you were Christian [Confused]

I have never had any problems, nor have I ever lied to someone about my beliefs... not in 18 years experience here! But naturally I am only speaking for myself [Big Grin] I don't lie and I don't get a hard time for it.

And I have never had them knocking my door either to preach... sweet relief.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Unless of course some of the Religious folk I have met off ES have had a hard time believing in my choice and not shared their dis-belief with me [Big Grin]

I am off to a Coptic wedding on Sunday with a group of Egyptian girls who know my stance. They don't give a damn [Big Grin]

Hands up who on ES has had a hard time with me being Agnostic.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
The old guy who came up with this is some kind of networked TV evangalist isn't he?

because your governments won't allow it.

in the USA freedom of religion is a part of our bill of rights therefore its off limits.

Seventh Day Advantis or whatever, plenty of them relocate to the USA after being forced out of Europe. Thats how we get stuck with so many nut jobs.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE]in the USA freedom of religion is a part of our bill of rights therefore its off limits.

Is freedom of religion where you DON'T have those "dial 0898 S-A-V-E-Y-O-U-R-S-O-U-L" ads for £39 + a kidney per minute?

I think I'll stick with our version, thanks.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Seventh Day Advantis or whatever, plenty of them relocate to the USA after being forced out of Europe. Thats how we get stuck with so many nut jobs.

What a load of codswallop [Roll Eyes]
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Unless of course some of the Religious folk I have met off ES have had a hard time believing in my choice and not shared their dis-belief with me [Big Grin]

I am off to a Coptic wedding on Sunday with a group of Egyptian girls who know my stance. They don't give a damn [Big Grin]

Hands up who on ES has had a hard time with me being Agnostic.

i have a damn problem with it cas i thought i was the only one. lol
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member

in the USA freedom of religion is a part of our bill of rights therefore its off limits.

Where? Where? Did you ever hear such a load of rubbish?
The only instance I can think of regarding people, feeling persecuted for religious reasons, relocating to the US was the 'Pilgrim Fathers'.
A hardline Christian fundamentalist group who wanted to get out of Europe because they thought the Spanish Inquisition was for cissies.
Maybe that explains all the 'nut jobs'.

I hope your woeful lack of knowledge about the world isn't a reflection of American educational standards.

Who tells you this stuff, is it meant to scare you?

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes there are pockets of Christian fundamentalism in the UK. A very close relative of mine was a vicar and I know some scarey stuff about those people.

@Monkey you are thinking of 'charismatics' - people who jump around in church shouting hallelujian or rolling about on the floor foaming at the mouth 'because the spirit of the Lord came upon them' b*s*t fake b*l*x owing more to hysteria than the spirit of the Lord.

It's a real big problem in some areas - freaks the living daylights out of ordinary church-goers and THEY stop going.

They take over the place, and they believe they are spiritually superior and they see the devil everywhere.

Also, there are pockets of the country where eg calvinism is the local brand of Christianity - esp parts of Scotland, and where, for example many of the trappings of the Church of England and worse, the Church of Roman, are considered pagan / unchristian / work of the devil - these may include celebration of Christmas, decoration of churches, incense, vestments and the like.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One prediction of judgement day back in 1534 resulted in this:

"In April 1534 on Easter Sunday, Matthys, who had prophesied God's judgment to come on the wicked on that day, made a sally with only thirty followers, believing that he was a second Gideon, and was cut off with his entire band. He was killed, his head severed and placed on a pole for all in the city to see, and his genitals nailed to the city gate. Bockelson, better known in history as John of Leiden, was subsequently installed as "king"."
(Got this quote from wiki but other sources are available if you can be bothered to look 'em up).

Horrific stuff done in the name of Christ during the reformation.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well while we are on the subject of the world ending a friend of mine who lives in Dubai recently told me about a huge billboard ad that was in a very prominent location over Sheikh Zayed Road which was advertising the end of the world with the above mentioned date , the advert was put there by Emirates Neon Group a very well known advertising company and paid for by some weird american christian group whi I believe travelled to the gulf to babble their madness and i think it lasted half a day before ten million complaints had it taken down. I wonder who was the bright brained sales rep who agreed to to put an ad like that up in a conservative muslim country?
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com