EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » HAve you met someone famous?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HAve you met someone famous?
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If so lets hear about it!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my grandfathers cousin is a famous new zealand author-but I never met him except reading his books. LOL
My grandafather met Enver Hoxha and Jhao En Lai though...woohooo.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG
Where do I start
I lived in hollywood and met loads
ie madonna,jamie lee curtis,lucy lou, adam sandler,good charlotte,the osbournes, london met david bowie,david essex,bryan ferry,tom cruise,mel gibson,demi moore and bruce willis( years ago ),arnold schwarzenegger, simple minds, midge ure, etc live beside and see, frank warren, (frank bruno ex heavy weight boxer fought Tyson,lived in next road,), linda lusardi,kenny ball till he moved) jodie marsh, 3 from cast of eastenders.
San Francisco Darren Hayes,
New York David Letterman, Bono and Edge from U2
Too many to remember really
[Big Grin]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ex boyfriend used to go out with elle mcphersons step sister.Thats as close as I git to fame and fortune LOL!!!
But I have "spotted" celebrities around and about-they are usually quite short-why?Are shorter people more likely to be actors or what?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so true. About 15 years ago I met James Hetfield, lead singer with Metallica, I was gutted, he only came up to my eyebrows - he looked so tall on stage! I'm afraid I patted him on the head and said 'you're so short' I was so shocked. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was in HS i went to a Gearge Clinton concert. I ended up dancing on stage with him and the p-funk all stars!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran into Richard Gere at the MOA, he obviously was trying very hard to shop and be left alone.

So I just glanced at him and pick up one of his quiries on where to find what. I suggested the Galeria in Edina. I noted that it would cost him an arm and a leg, but its one of the few places to find something decent.

He thanked me and I told him I hoped he accomplished what he needed to on his shopping mission. "Don't spend all your time in here, you'll get lost and won't find your way home."

He laughed and instantly got on his cell to find his way to the Galleria.

I treated him anonymously like anyone else and he was blushing because of it.

We run into a number of celebrities here, just give them their space and not draw any attention to them. Let them live in peace.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
That is so true. About 15 years ago I met James Hetfield, lead singer with Metallica, I was gutted, he only came up to my eyebrows - he looked so tall on stage! I'm afraid I patted him on the head and said 'you're so short' I was so shocked. [Big Grin]

Good lord, I thought he was a skyscraper too. But he isn't!

I am still listening to my entire Metallica collection. Just can't stop listening to this smack 20 years later.

Always had a thing for Cliff Burton. Don't know why?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

It was Cliff Burton's death that finally convinced me to start doing things I wanted to do on my own. I could never find anyone to go to thrash metal gigs with me (the nearest any of my friends got to metal was Bon Jovi - ahem) then Cliff got killed in an accident and I thought if I don't do this stuff on my own I'm never going to see these bands. Of course, I met people who enjoyed it from actually going!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well well! guess you should never judge someone by there forum! a lesson learnt.
metle chicks. i love you.
sonomod, your american right, i live in london, me and a few of my mates love a totally unheard of (in UK) band from the states, E Town Concreate, dare i ask for your oppinion?
if your ever in london il take you to some cool places.
is there anywhere in egypt to hear metal???

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
OMG
I lived in hollywood

TF, you should have not posted that, not that. I am so envious I have to admit. I love everything what has to do with Hollywood. I read weekly National Enquirer, Star and People mag. I was in LA 18 months ago and visited the best sites of Hollywood. I can't tell you how lucky you are, girl!

I am thinking of naming by new dog "Oscar" because he's coming on Mar 05 from the US to Germany. Guess what's happening in Hollywood that night? The 78 Annual Academy Awards will be presented! [Wink]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Tooti, so many, how lucky are you and some big stars. I was once in the same bar as Brian Ferry in the Fulham Road and I remember sitting there just staring at him in awe, he was one of my idols.
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
well well! guess you should never judge someone by there forum! a lesson learnt.
metle chicks. i love you.
sonomod, your american right, i live in london, me and a few of my mates love a totally unheard of (in UK) band from the states, E Town Concreate, dare i ask for your oppinion?
if your ever in london il take you to some cool places.
is there anywhere in egypt to hear metal???

Yes but beware:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/elsewhere/journalist/story/0,7792,968946,00.html

There was a good link someone posted up here a few months ago to an egyptian metal forum but it no longer works - whether the forum has moved house or whether it no longer exists I don't know!

I think the Culture Wheel place in Cairo occasionally has metal bands on http://www.culturewheel.com/index.asp
but I've not seen any there.

maryanne
Member # 9311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met David Blaine 2 years ago

--------------------
Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity.

Posts: 224 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I met David Blaine 2 years ago"

was that when he was doing his big stunt in London in the suspended cage

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CHEERS OLD BAG!!!
LOL he he, how liberating to say that... cheers old bag, i amuse myself, check out me face (left) see me laugh.. old bag...hehe

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have met some yes, but the most important was Me [Big Grin]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great new addition to the forum - so many metal heads here! If you ain't a metal head you might as well be dead!
I guess its the ancient history thing (like stargate and science fiction stuff) - have any of you guys tried the band 'Nile'? I keep meaning to - sounds interesting (not egyptian but a fusion of death metal with middle eastern music and ancient egyptian history or some such according to the blurb).
Someone posts on here very occasionally called something like Death Crypt who puts good links up sometimes.

Here's an egyptian metal forum link - DONT READ IT IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED [Mad]

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89004

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yes catlover, metal chick. where u at sweetie?
maryanne
Member # 9311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karena:
"I met David Blaine 2 years ago"

was that when he was doing his big stunt in London in the suspended cage

It was long time after he did the stunt.
Posts: 224 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Adding to the people I have met: All of the members of the group Clutch (great metal band)
All of the members of Counting Crows ( I waited outside the venue for like 2 hours in Michigan.......in Detroit........in October. It was well worth the wait)
Edward James Olmos....At A Cesar Cavez benefit dinner
The Nelson brothers, SWV, Eddie Money.......when I was like 12 at a has been radio party

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
My brother has justy finished doing some work in Toronto at a death metal club-Ill ask him what was it called. He said they even have family day and little death metal kids run around moshing with their mums and dads.How funny!!!!
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
How cute! I went to a Megadeath show before the band parted ways. The people at the show were actually the nicest people! The guys were all careful to make sure nobody got in the mosh pit who didn't want to be there.
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill Cosby is the only star I've met. All the rest are politicians.

Favorite was Fmr. Secretary of State Colin Powell

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he recognize ya ?!!!

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met James Hetfield of Metallica too, and the former bass player Jason Newsted in Metallica. I once got to talk to Great White via the telephone on an old call in show called Rockline.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by oldbag:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

It was Cliff Burton's death that finally convinced me to start doing things I wanted to do on my own. I could never find anyone to go to thrash metal gigs with me (the nearest any of my friends got to metal was Bon Jovi - ahem) then Cliff got killed in an accident and I thought if I don't do this stuff on my own I'm never going to see these bands. Of course, I met people who enjoyed it from actually going!
I loved his bass solos. Just so damn moody as a teen I really needed it. Plus you could tell he studied classical guitar, his expertise was way beyound the rest of the band.

Personally I went into a 'Powerstation' concert when I was eleven. Got sick and hadn't been able to handle crowds since.

Can't even go to the State Fair without hyperventilating.

That other Dave guy from Megadeth still lives part time in Minnesota. I ran into him and bit his head off for walking into me. He apologized profusely. I asked him if he grew up here in Minnesota because he didn't have the manners to prove it.

Otherwise a nice guy, just has to watch where the hell he is going.

Minnesota is pretty good about giving celebrities their privacy. I won't treat them as any other than a normal human being.

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evander Holyfield and my dad are good friends. I have been on Sally Jessie Raphael. I have done some extra work on HBO's "The Wire", I went to high school with Andre Hastings of the Pittsburg Steelers,and Jennifer "April" Rouse, a Versace model, and of course, being from Baltimore, I know Dru Hill, Cisquo and Woody are good friends of my family. I also danced on stage with Jay-Z at my college's Homecoming Dance. I used to date german author Frank Schmit, who wrote Stop Telling....Start Leading! The Art of Managing People by Asking Questions(who has also been on Oprah.)I also have a personlized autograph poster from Brian McKnight to me and my son, and one from "Nick Newman" from the Young and the Restless" I have had lunch with the CEO of American Express, Kenneth Chenalut, CEO of MBNA, Lance Weaver, CEO of McCormick Co.Robert Lawless, President of Maxwellhouse, Anne Fudge.....wow I did not know my list was this long. [Big Grin]

I am not sure if all these people are famouse, but they are stars inmy book!

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met Stevie Nicks when I was young,
luther vandeross
and Barbara Bush (the mom)

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot, not that this is a big deal, but I grew up with one of the Back Street Boys. Brian Litrell went to my high school and we sang in the church choir together.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Khadija_Diagne:
Evanderholyfield and my dad are good friends. I have been on Sally Jessie Raphael. I have done some extra work on HBO's "The Wire", I went to high school with Andre Hastings of the Pittsburg Steelers,and Jennifer "April" Rouse, a Versace model, and of course, being from Baltimore, I know Dru Hill, Cisquo and Woody are good friends of my family. I also danced on stage with Jay-Z at my college's Homecoming Dance. I used to date german author Frank Schmit, who wrote Stop Telling....Start Leading! The Art of Managing People by Asking Questions(who has also been on Oprah.)I also have a personlized autograph poster from Brian McKnight to me and my son, and one from "Nick Newman" from the Young and the Restless" I have had lunch with the CEO of American Express, Kenneth Chenalut, CEO of MBNA, Lance Weaver, CEO of McCormick Co.Robert Lawless, President of Maxwellhouse, Anne Fudge.....wow I did not know my list was this long. [Big Grin]

I am not sure if all these people are famouse, but they are stars inmy book!

Hey, do you know Jada Pinkett Smith? [Smile] I know her step father...or at least he was her step father 10 years ago. [Wink] That's as close to fame as I've ever been. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Hi Snoozin

No I cant say that I have met Jada, nor Tupac!
We are all the same age(or would be in the case of Tupac)but I never came in contact with them.

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year, 14 March, I was at the Waldorf Astoria in NYC for a chemical convention, and it happened to be during the "Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame"!!!
So I saw so many celebrities walking the red carpet inside the hotel for the performance (unfortunately it was just IMPOSSIBLE to see them performing), I was in front line inside the hotel waiting for them.
I will always remember Bono Vox and The Edge (I touched him! I touched him!), John Bon Jovi and Little Steven (the guitar player of Bruce Springsteen). There was also Catherine Zeta Johnes attending in the public and I saw her entering, she is sooooo nice but soooooo petite (shorter than me actually)!
I was very enthusistic that day!
And this year I am going again to the same place for the same convention and there will be "The Hall of Fame 2006". Cool! [Cool] Look forward....

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking to move to Hollywood. Can anyone give me some tips? I love Beverly Hills, for instance... [Big Grin]

Tooti - just wondering, why didn't you stay in Hollywood? Did you have good time, how expensive the rent is.. ? Is it hard to get a job there?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I met the kiss band. they were doing a concert in norway. and i was working near the hotel they were staying at. i didnt even know it was kiss, untill i saw howb ugly they were [Big Grin]
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~Sharon Stone~
You could hardly find a more expensive place to live. I'm not sure about finding a job, it depends on what kind of work you do. Also, I don't know where you live now or how hard it is there to find a job so I couldn't make a comparison.
Maybe Tooti can give you a better answer.
[Smile]

I met Anne Rice about 9 or 10 years ago at a book signing. I was with my then husband and our baby. Anne wanted to hold our son, and I was okay with it, she seemed genuinely nice and so I went to hand my son to her and he got into her arms and started bawling his lungs out!! She handed him back of course and we laughed a bit.
I've got the most atrocious picture of me next to her. I was so horrid looking, but still, nice to have that picture.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I simply love Anne's Rice "The Feast of All Saints".
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com