EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Favourite film, and what it says about you. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Favourite film, and what it says about you.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEA!!!!!!! ive got a new stalker!!!! he he!!!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in ur dreams
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there too???!!!! wow, your good!!!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

MINE IS,SOME WHERE IN TIME, NOT THE BEST FILM BUT ONE THAT JUST STICKS WITH YOU IT WAS PLAYED BY THE SUPER MAN GUY WHO DIED
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
dont know that one mac... whats it about?
how ironic was that christopher reeves accident?

mac0623
Member # 10529

it was about a guy stoped in a hotel for week end and a old lady. came up to him and said come back to me,
mac0623
Member # 10529

bit of a sloppy film really but good one [Wink]
Capri Sun
Member # 10600

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capri Sun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine is Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles

--------------------
Now And Forever

Posts: 7 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qanungi
Member # 10479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for qanungi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Despite the fact that I'm supposed to be doing research and writing an article, I can't resist this one! I LOVE movies!

However, like music, there's no way to choose ONE favorite! There's differnt genres and countries and production value that make it impossible to compare films (and music) side by side.

Here are some of my favorites:

A Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Catch 22
Apocalypse Now!
The Godfather Trilogy
The Star Wars Trilogy
Once Upon a Time in the West
Trainspotting
Eraserhead
The Seven Samurai
KOYAANISQATSI, POWAQQATSI, NAQOUQATSI Trilogy
Amadeus
The Sixth Sense
Latcho Drom
Y Tu Mama Tambien
Tous Les Matins Du Monde (All the Mornings of the World)
Heist

and I should stop there . . .

So, what do you you think that says about me?

Posts: 7 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
that you watch to many movies!!!!!

the shining.... now theres a film!!!!

Qanungi, welcome to ES. and i cant complain about your love of movies, after all... i started this thread!!! AND neither can anyone else, this thread has the most hits so it seems were all suckers for a good movie!!!!

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akira Kurasawa's Dreams
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silence of the lambs.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Black Joker:
Silence of the lambs.

yes, he liked wearing his mothers skin didnt he.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
quote:
Originally posted by Black Joker:
Silence of the lambs.

yes, he liked wearing his mothers skin didnt he.
[Confused] make sure what you say means something
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i take it you havnt seen the film.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw it but it was a long time ago.

I know the guy is a cannibal but i can't remember he liked to wear somebody else's skin.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Learner:
i saw it but it was a long time ago.

I know the guy is a cannibal but i can't remember he liked to wear somebody else's skin.

The dude was hunting down "fat chicks" to starve them in a dried up well in his basement. Then forced them to put this taning solution onto their skin so the skin would loosen up.

Then he'd kill them and strip their skin off to make a "female suit". He was a cross-dresser.

I have seen the film like 4 times mostly on cable.

The last scene where Jody Foster kills him in the dark I have nightmares over and over again about.

Now my husband is the cross dresser in my dreams. I got to stop having this dream. [Mad]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hanibal lectar is the one who leads her to the killer.... the man who cuts women up to make a dress out of their skin.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hanibal lectar is the one who leads her to the killer.... the man who cuts women up to make a dress out of their skin.

Hannibal Lecter was in prison during these killings.

Jody Foster went to him because she figured this guy was a former patient of Hannibal Lector.

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
if he was just stuck in prison... why was he in the film? he is the one that makes her figure it out. AND he gets out.
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
if he was just stuck in prison... why was he in the film? he is the one that makes her figure it out. AND he gets out.

Because they needed a sequel. Or that is how the book was written before anyone even thought about a movie edition.

I don't know go back to the original author.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

This is why I check out the tv schedule online and try to predict what mother will watch on the weekends.

No matter what I am doing even if I am asleep I need to explain the plot to her. So I look up online and thanks to the predictability of movies I can cover the gaps in her comprehension.

Charm having a brew by any chance?

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
want one?
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

hmm. No.

What I want is for this fricking recommendation paper (25pg minimum) to write itself.

Got a Gennie that specializes in Technical writting?

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
sorry...

got some seriously good class A that might make you think its writing itself though!

mac0623
Member # 10529

BEST ONES ARE SCARY MOVIE 1,2,3, ITS ON NOWW BBC 1
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen flicks I understand here...so excuse me for the language barrier...

Just saw recently... "Geisha" and "The ConstanT Gardner" to good films well done!

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Labrynth - I used to love David Bowie in this thought he was gorgeous, but I was only about 5, but I still love the film today.
"Matrix"
"green mile"
I watched "Babe" with my dad the other day we watched it together, and he cried at the end, not a very tough cockney gent.

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9AND HALF WEEKS [Wink]
GREASE AND SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER ........the tight trousers waheyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
My favourite film... I'd be lying if i didn't say it was Ocean's Eleven.

I don't like John Travolta. But he was not so bad in "BE COOL"

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Ocean's Twelve was as great as the first one (which is in fact a remake of an old film with Sinatra) , but i really didn't like the way the 'french guy' was depicted (for propaganda matters i assume). He was like fingered at like being a solitary mad stealer.
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mine is not the first heart broken ,my eyes r not the first to cry ...

sandy cant you see im in misery we made astart now we aprt theres nothing left for me love has grown all alone i sit and wonder whyyyyyyyyy u left me oh saaaaaaaaaaaaaand

just reminissin.. [Razz]

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
y
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hold on to the end, thats what i intend to doooooo!!!

im hopelessly devoted to you!!!

Member # 10093

Member Rated:
My head is saying "fool, forget him",
my heart is saying "don't let go"
Hold on to the end, that's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you
But now there's nowhere to hide,
since you pushed my love aside I'm not in my head,
hopelessly devoted to you [Cool]

Member # 10093

Member Rated:
We go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong
Remembered forever as shoo-bop sha whada whadda yippidy boom da boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop that's the way it should be
Waooo Yeah

We're one of a kind like dip da dip da dip do whap de dobby do
Our names are signed boogedy boogedy boogedy boogedy shooby do wap shoo bop
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be like one
Wa-wa-wa-one

When we go out a night (oh-h oh)
And stars are shining bright (oh-h, oh)
Up in the skies above
Or at the high school dance
Where you can find romance maybe it might be lo-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uve

Ramma lamma lamma ka dingity ding da dong
Shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yippity boom da boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop
Dip da dip da dip do wop da dooby do
Boogy boogy boogy boogy shooby sho wap sho wap
Sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do
Ramma lamma lamma ka dingity ding da dong
Shoo bop shoo wadda wadda yippity boom sha boom
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop
Yip da dip da dip shoo bopp sha dooby do
Boogedy boogedy boogedy boogedy shooby do wap sho bop
Sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do
A womp bop a looma a womp bam boom

We're for each other like womp bop a looma a womp bam boom
Just like my brother is sha na na na na na na na yippity dip da do
Chang chang changity chang shoo bop we'll always be together
Waooo Yeah!

We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together
We'll always be together

WE CAN CHARM THE CHIMPS OFF ANY ONE ... [Razz]

Member # 10093

Member Rated:
have u ever thought of reacting SINGING IN THE RAIN in cairo s streets HAVE U SEEN THE SIZE OF THE KERBS .as any ine really seen the size of them they are bloody whopping ....
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
he he... chimps you are a strange one!!!!
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
my cats in season im not had any sleep [Confused]
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
My favorite film will definitely be FIGHTCLUB,

THE FIRST RULE OF THE FIGHTCLUB IS: YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHTCLUB

THE SECOND RULE OF THE FIGHTCLUB IS: YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHTCLUB

THE THIRD RULE OF THE FIGHTCLUB IS: IF IT'S YOUR FIRST NIGHT ON THE FIGHTCLUB, YOU HAVE TO FIGHT.

Each time i see this movie, i'm saying to myself: enjoy your flight. And each time i do enjoy the flight. The film is full of small references on how people get enslaved... but i'm not really sure about the solution they adopt in order to free themselves.

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything by David Lynch, David Cronenberg, Francis Ford Coppolla, Dino DeLaurentis, Brian DePalma, Stanley Kubrick.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
wow.. i forgot about this thread! been watching a bit of TV have we?!!!!

i saw a great short film the other night... im sure you could find it online... its called SCUMMY MAN, and its a film to show what the song WHEN THE SUN GOES DOWN (by the arctic monkeys) is all about. (drugs and prostitution).

if you can find it, its well worth a watch.. it was on channel 4.. the only film channel worth watching.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus of Nazereth
Jaws
Jeremiah Johnson
Easy Money
the Omen
the first halloween
scarface
let it ride
lost in America

and this is probably the best film ever...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066344/

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it has to depend on the genre now - scrooge 1970? i dont know. i keep thinking of greats like taxi driver, agree with the omen (that gave me nightmares), love grease and know all the words, rocky horror picture show, gladiator (go the gluteus maximus!!), the magnificent seven and the original seven samurai. have a very soft spot for fifth element and scary spot for deep blue sea. if you want to check out aussie movies - the greatest of all time is mad max 1,2,& 3. see mel gibson before he found christ...its worth it!! also romper stomper (russell crowe), peaches (thats a new one out), the castle and priscilla queen of the desert - show that one to egypt guys!!!
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janie
Member # 11150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for janie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X Men 3 - The last stand. Fantastic effects, but remember to watch to the end of the credits! Ps. Helps if you've seen X1 and 2 as well.
Posts: 42 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah still gotta see that but i had heard about the credits
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iamthej9:
i think it has to depend on the genre now - scrooge 1970? i dont know. i keep thinking of greats like taxi driver, agree with the omen (that gave me nightmares), love grease and know all the words, rocky horror picture show, gladiator (go the gluteus maximus!!), the magnificent seven and the original seven samurai. have a very soft spot for fifth element and scary spot for deep blue sea. if you want to check out aussie movies - the greatest of all time is mad max 1,2,& 3. see mel gibson before he found christ...its worth it!! also romper stomper (russell crowe), peaches (thats a new one out), the castle and priscilla queen of the desert - show that one to egypt guys!!!

watch that scrooge with albert finney..round Christmas time..and then tell me it's not in the top ten all time..

thats all I ask..watch it first, then judge it..

[Smile]

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mad max was good, it was so futuristic for us back in the eighties LOL.
Dont think they would " get" the castle, its a bit too localised aussie humour. I swear my neighbours husband is exactly like the father in that film LOl
" tell em they're dreamin "

My favorite australian films are
The Year of Living Dangerously
http://wwwmcc.murdoch.edu.au/ReadingRoom/film/dbase/1998/yearof.htm

Last days of Chez Nous.
http://wwwmcc.murdoch.edu.au/ReadingRoom/film/dbase/1997/horton.htm

Rabbit Proof Fence
http://wwwmcc.murdoch.edu.au/ReadingRoom/film/dbase/2002/rabbit.htm

Also love hong kong series called Young and dangerous-its way 90s-but arent they back now???
http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/young_and_dangerous.htm

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and this one is excellent .
http://www.milesfilms.com/gie/english/index.htm

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com