EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Anyone listen to Sami Yusuf?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone listen to Sami Yusuf?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think?

http://www.samiyusuf.com/

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
What do you think?

Love his music, absolutly! My son sings his songs all the time, this is all we listen to.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His a great moderator too on ES dont you think....

I think our sammy should peform for us .....

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to that link and tried to listen to samples of his music but those pages are down for whatever reason.
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have Napster?

You can get some of his stuff on there....

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I don't have Napster but I just recently installed SoulSeek. I just have some issues with downloading music. Everyone does it, but that doesn't make it okay. I think to myself, sure the artist might only be losing a few pennies from me doing this, but what would God think?
[Wink]

*sigh*

However, if he had free files for download, that's another thing altogether. [Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

[Big Grin] Napster makes you pay now. I pay $9.95 a month to be able to download anything I want...but if I want to transfer it or burn it to a CD, it's 99 cents a song! [Eek!]

I haven't had time to figure out if I'm getting ripped off or not....it feels much cheaper than buying a CD that has maybe six songs on it I actually like. [Wink]

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like latino music... [Smile]

http://www.live365.com/stations/ricardo205

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paint Me As I Am:
Great, Si- yo tambien [Wink]

Then, enjoy it, it's beautiful... [Smile]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

quote:
[Big Grin] Napster makes you pay now. I pay $9.95 a month to be able to download anything I want...but if I want to transfer it or burn it to a CD, it's 99 cents a song! [Eek!]

I haven't had time to figure out if I'm getting ripped off or not....it feels much cheaper than buying a CD that has maybe six songs on it I actually like. [Wink]

So you have to pay a monthly fee and on top of that you have to pay an additional fee to burn songs? Hmmm..... 99 cents a song is probably about average for a CD these days, so the price is probably comparable. I guess it's just the montly fee I'd have an issue with.
But, better than stealing. [Smile]

mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Sami put out a version of his last album (and maybe the one before it) that uses only percussion.
His arrangements are pretty nice.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have his tapes, the music is nice but a bit childish
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samo Zaen and Weal Koufary. Nice dudes. Love their voices.

Can't play it when the hubby is home, he gets pissed off.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wael has a nice voice sure... Is your hubby jealous? I think Wael is only about 5 feet tall, heehee.
I always go back to Fadl Shakur's voice, if I have it on a mix it stops me its so smooth and deep.

Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Wael has a nice voice sure... Is your hubby jealous? I think Wael is only about 5 feet tall, heehee.
I always go back to Fadl Shakur's voice, if I have it on a mix it stops me its so smooth and deep.

Goodness I hope he isn't jealous.

No I had seen Weal next to Elissa in a Concert before he appeared to be a good 6 inches taller than her. But those concerts can be well choreographed.

I just love his voice.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What do you think?

I like him very much, very nice.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
I like latino music... [Smile]

http://www.live365.com/stations/ricardo205

I like latinas [Big Grin]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maryanne
Member # 9311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is the loved one is one of the most powerful songs by sami yousif,when i listen my soul flys and flys.

--------------------
Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity.

Posts: 224 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the first album is mores spirtual. I like Al-Mu'allim. It speaks to my soul, just like Who is The Loved One?

But I have to hear Meditaion and Supplication everyday after Fajr, inorder to start my day.

Now the second album, much more up beat,but everso prayer full. I like "Free" that really expresses me. And, "Try Not To Cry", but, my favorite its "Never Submit" I blast that in my truck so much, i think my neighborhood may cite me for noise violation!

Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Khadija_Diagne:
I think the first album is mores spirtual. I like Al-Mu'allim. It speaks to my soul, just like Who is The Loved One?

But I have to hear Meditaion and Supplication everyday after Fajr, inorder to start my day.

Now the second album, much more up beat,but everso prayer full. I like "Free" that really expresses me. And, "Try Not To Cry", but, my favorite its "Never Submit" I blast that in my truck so much, i think my neighborhood may cite me for noise violation!

khadiga listen to mohamed mounir's "madad ya rasul allah" tape. its beautiful, makes me want to cry
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com