EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Is Tamer Hosny in jail??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Tamer Hosny in jail??
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 9 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that Tamer (beautiful) Hosny has been arrested for carrying a forged pasport when he wanted to go on holiday

Will this superstar actually go to jail ??

Or do stars get away with everything in Egypt like in America [Wink] ?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
I heard that Tamer (beautiful) Hosny has been arrested for carrying a forged pasport when he wanted to go on holiday

How about that Franco-Polish director/producer Roman Polanski:

Roman Polański (born August 18, 1933) is a Franco-Polish film director and actor. A celebrated Hollywood director of such films as Rosemary's Baby (1968) and Chinatown (1974), he is also known for his tumultuous personal life. His wife, actress Sharon Tate, was murdered by the Manson Family in 1969 and he fled to Europe following a 1978 guilty plea to statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl. Unwilling to return to the United States and face arrest, he has continued to direct films in Europe, including Frantic (1988), the Academy Award-winning The Pianist (2002), and Oliver Twist (2005).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski

Now how many Hollywood types of foreign origins flee the US for similar offenses?

Rest my case.

And that spector dude, well he'll serve time soon too.

Generalizations are supposed to be American-fare! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tamer will just pull some strings....I hope so at least [Wink]
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is a lawyer in Egypt and gets all the best gossip for all the naughty people here in Egypt.

He said that Tamer made a fake document stating he did not have to go to the army (like medical reason, something like that). He was caught. He will be in jail, probably in El Marg prison for 3 years and they will make him still serve another 3 years in the army after he is released.....

If he had just done his time in the army like he was supposed to do..he would be out this time next year. What a joke huh?

quote:

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My poor Tamer Hosny...... [Frown] and 3 years in the military afterwards? Wow - that seems a lot!
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laws are laws. He knew he laws, mandatory military service is well known to all young men.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh poor tamer, he's extremely talented. too bad

but anyway that sentenced wefaa meky for only a couple of years despite torturing and burning the genitals of her maids

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
oh poor tamer, he's extremely talented. too bad

but anyway that sentenced wefaa meky for only a couple of years despite torturing and burning the genitals of her maids

Torturing is unexcusable. I thought Egypt didn't torture women. Not that torturing men is any less of a crime.

I thought the days of torture were gone? I guess I am wrong. No major international court has actually inquired or done anything about it so why should they stop.

What a shame. [Frown]

anthropos
Member # 9410

I MISS YOU TAMER [Frown]
anthropos
Member # 9410

BAD NEWS!

No more a star!

Egyptian Singer Tamer Hosni decides to give up singing after being released from prison. It was reported that Hosni will live with his father in USA, after serving a year for forging military service certificates, together with Egyptian singer, Haitham Shaker.
Hosni is also awaiting a trial before the criminal court for forging a certificate of passing the second year examination in the Faculty of Commerce, Mansoura University and is expected to be convicted as well.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tamer who? Has he ever been a star?
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Ignoramus!
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ignoramus!

Tamer Ignoramus? That doesn't sounds like he's egyptian. It's more likely to be greek or from the Balkans.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hebabah
Member # 10812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hebabah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BAD NEWS!

No more a star!

Egyptian Singer Tamer Hosni decides to give up singing after being released from prison. It was reported that Hosni will live with his father in USA, after serving a year for forging military service certificates, together with Egyptian singer, Haitham Shaker.
Hosni is also awaiting a trial before the criminal court for forging a certificate of passing the second year examination in the Faculty of Commerce, Mansoura University and is expected to be convicted as well.

And he thinks the US will take him with open arms? [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 50 | From: The gutter | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Hebabah:
quote:
BAD NEWS!

No more a star!

They will
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Platinum:
quote:
Originally posted by Hebabah:
quote:
BAD NEWS!

No more a star!

They will
After faking his papers? I doubt

He got only one year not 3 and I don't think he's giving up singing, it's his life. I like his songs but he sucks as a person.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

It is probably a stunt on his behalf to create a certain sympathy and nostalgia with the Egyptian populace.

I heard his new album is a hit even though (or because of) he is in jail! So maybe it isn't so bad for him after all!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tamer Husni prepares for freedom

Posted: 26-07-2006 , 03:38 GMT

Despite the physical and psychological hardships Egyptian singer Tamer Husni has faced since he was imprisoned for forging military documents, sources have revealed that he is taking advantage of his time in jail by working on new entertainment projects, which he plans to start once he is released.

Tamer’s sentence expires in September, although he and his family are pushing for an early release.

He wrote three screenplays while incarcerated, and has even secured the cast and crew of the film “Kul Sana Wi Inta Habibi” (Every Year and You are My Lover), that he will resume filming once free.

According to the London based Elaph, Tamer is optimistic about the success of the film, especially after the support he has received from his fans since he began his sentence.

He has also composed a new song, especially for the holy month of Ramadan. If all goes well, Tamer will be able to record it before the start of the holy month.

Circulating rumors claimed that Tamer intends to resign from his music career once he is released, and intends to immigrate to the United States to reside with his father.

Tamer's mother and close friends denied the rumor, asserting that the singer is anxious to complete his sentence in order to resume his singing career and return to his normal life.

Tamer was convicted by a military court and sentenced to a one year prison term, along with friend Haitham Shaker, for forging official papers to avoid military service. A third accomplice, who actually forged the papers, received a five-year prison term.

The courthouse was filled with family, friends, and fans at the hearing, all praying for the judge’s leniency. Tamer’s lawyer appealed the verdict to try and decrease the sentence. The maximum sentence is up to three years for forging official documents.

Tamer stated that he did not actually submit the forged legal documents, falsely stating that he had fulfilled his military service.

The singer admits he did obtain the forged documents, but at the last minute decided not to submit them. He claims he was unable to distinguish between the real and forged document, and surreptitiously submitted the wrong set.

© 2006 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/Egypt/201193

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com