EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Massaker

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Massaker
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read a very interesting article about "Massaker", this German documentary about the Sabra and Chatila massacre. They filmed the "confessions" of some of the murderers who did that -some express no regret, some do.
I may go and watch it. Has anyone heard about it?

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you post this article so everybody can enjoy the reading?

This massacre has marked the lowest period of Israel. But having Ariel Sharon leading the state some time after the event shows that a ruler can regret the mistakes he made in the past. The whole problem in the Israelo-Palestinian conflict comes from the lack of management from those having the power. In this case, Israel is fingered. The vice relies in the inability of the israelian rulers to share their views with the palestinian people. They have been rather obssessed in manipulating their enemy by hiding behind the security issue. The israelian leaders have adopted an attitude to the palestinian masses that is really close to attitudes of somekind of low class arab leader. It's obvious that a compromising approach would have been more benefiting for the region but in the peace process, the powerful refuses to compromise, being blind to higher goals and systematically adopting a defensive position. This defensive attitude is typical to the jews, a brave people that has developped mechanisms of survival due to his targetisation. Israel has now to work on the arab masses, a hard task considering the deafness (if not stubborness) of these masses, lost between their ego and their god, living by a truth which is no more actual.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read it online, and anyway, it's in French. But I will try to get it online. For the French speaking interested in it, I read it in "Le Nouvel Observateur".
I agree with what you say. Palestinians have also made mistakes, but the initial problem comes from the Israeli of course. Now the situation is really bad, I don't know what's going to happen in the coming years.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there is an online site of "Le Nouvel Observateur", i should refer to him more often, i like this newspaper, they're always brilliant in their analysis.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
www.permanent.nouvelobs.com for the website.
But I couldn't find my article [Frown]

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
www.permanent.nouvelobs.com for the website.
But I couldn't find my article [Frown]

Don't worry be happy [Smile]
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Where are you from, if I may ask? Belgium?
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Where are you from, if I may ask? Belgium?

Yes i'm from Belgium, where are you from in Belgium?... i'm from Brussels... I always like to know new restaurants in Brussels.

Have you been to egypt? It's a really nice country you have to know him. I've always been interested in the pharaos...

Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
I'm in France. I want to go to Brussels so bad! It's really a great city, from what I heard! A lot of culture, I love it!

I have lived in Egypt several years and I hope to settle back there in September!

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
I'm in France. I want to go to Brussels so bad! It's really a great city, from what I heard! A lot of culture, I love it!

I have lived in Egypt several years and I hope to settle back there in September!

Geneva's much better than brussels, everybody knows this. Less culture, but a marvellous environment.
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
I'm more interested in culture actually. I have spent some time in Geneva. Yeah, beautiful environement, but it's not my "tasse de thé". Brussels is definitely the best to me.
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
I'm more interested in culture actually. I have spent some time in Geneva. Yeah, beautiful environement, but it's not my "tasse de thé". Brussels is definitely the best to me.

Brussels... the "Choux de Bruxelles"... or the fried potato of Brussel... Is brussel really an option?
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Je déteste les choux de Bruxelles!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com