EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » lyrics and lines (a bit of fun) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: lyrics and lines (a bit of fun)
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thought a little game might cheer things up a bit, and get some people posting again.

post either a line of song lyrics, or a line from a film. as soon as one is answered, post a new one. we can run songs and films together.

OK.

to get us started i will type a line from a film that is also in a metal song (so hopefully lots of you will know it) if you know the song then start a new song one... if you know the film then post a new film one.... both, then both!!!

"now what we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just cant reach, so we get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well he gets it. now, i dont like it any more than you do"

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG!! come on. where are all the heavy metal fans????
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
rubbish.
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
"now what we've got here is failure to communicate, some men you just cant reach, so we get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well he gets it. now, i dont like it any more than you do"

'Cool Hand Luke'
Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hellraiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"They was giving me ten thousand watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on's gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!"

--------------------
"The true art of a warrior is to balance terror and wonder."

-Carlos Castaneda

Posts: 216 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yea!!!!

one flew over the cuckoos nest!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
went to see the stage production in the west end last year at the gielgud... christian slater was an unlikely lead... but it was fantastic!!
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
quote:
went to see the stage production in the west end last year at the gielgud... christian slater was an unlikely lead... but it was fantastic!!

Slater has the annoying habit of looking back at the camera in alot of his movies.

"I am the writing on the wall, the whisper in the classroom. Without these things, I am nothing. So now, I must shed innocent blood. COME WITH ME!"

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh man... thats a horror... dont do horrors too well but i know that one..... all i can think of is hellraiser!!!!

anyway.. wasnt it my go!!! LOL!!

hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
quote:
oh man... thats a horror... dont do horrors too well but i know that one..... all i can think of is hellraiser!!!!

anyway.. wasnt it my go!!! LOL!!

Nah, that was from 'Candyman'.

Ok, your turn.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology? We shop at home, we surf the Web... at the same time, we feel emptier, lonelier and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history...
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Our job was to select someone to speak for everybody. And I just couldn't in good conscience vote for a person who doesn't believe in God. Someone who honestly thinks the other ninety five percent of us suffer from some form of mass delusion.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
You're an interesting species, an interesting mix. You're capable of such beautiful dreams and such horrible nightmares. You feel so lost, so cut off, so alone, only you're not. See, in all our searching, the only thing we've found that makes the emptiness bearable is each other.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
So what's more likely? That an all-powerful, mysterious God created the Universe, and decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that He simply doesn't exist at all, and that we created Him, so that we wouldn't have to feel so small and alone?
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
I think it's that movie about angels....with Chris Rock, Matt Damon & Ben Affleck, forgot what it's called...

--------------------

-Carlos Castaneda

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
god i love that film... seen it a hundred times... putting it on now.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
nah... jodie foster.. its my favorite film of all time... science versus religion.
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Contact?

That was on TV a few days ago, nice movie.

"It's all true, God is an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow, and medean is where the monsters live."

--------------------

-Carlos Castaneda

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hellraiser:
Contact?

That was on TV a few days ago, nice movie.

"It's all true, God is an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow, and medean is where the monsters live."

i saw the beginning but i left when it begin to get interesting
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yea contact. its one of those films that you can watch over and over and take something else out of it each time.

even the script... the quotes alone are so poignant.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Learner... why???? go and watch it NOW!!!!
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i use to like reading
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
good for you... go and watch contact!!
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
if you like this film it's good for you, i don't want to see this CRAP movie
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
There's a new movie called Vendetta . An action movie... could be good to see some action.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Learner:

now theres an intelligent argument... ive never seen it... its crap. ever read the quran?
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
i don't understand what you say
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
not because i'm not smart, just because what you wrote down is meaningless
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Learner:

if you like this book its good for you, i dont want to read this CRAP book.

not really an intelligent argument is it?

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
i feel like i'm really assaulted there...
Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I wasn't awake for your "Contact" quotes Charm, that one I'd have known [Big Grin] great movie!

So who's turn is it now [Confused]

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh yea.. i forgot... actually i think it hellraisers go but seeing as he took an extra go (sneaky little devil) you can have a go....

BTW no one has guessed the song my original quote was in yet.... we can run both together...

wheres all the heavy metal chick gone????

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Enigma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea about your original quote, but here's my song lyrics [Wink]

"Where are we? What the hell is going on? The dust has only just begun to fall, crop circles in the carpet, sinking feeling........"

Posts: 127 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
er herm.... you dont get a go unless you guess mine.... i'll give you a clue... G&R.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
ok.. heres a film for the girlies......

the only chick flick i like (actually i love it)

Well, for starters, you can get your stubborn ass down here and give me a divorce.
Are you shittin' me?
I never fully understood that expression, but no, I am not "shitting" you.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
You can't ride two horses with one ass, sugarbean.
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Can he swim?
Doesn't look like it.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
The only reason I ain't signing is cause you've turned into some hoity toity yankee bitch and I'd like nothing better right now than to piss you off.

Well, you must be Jake's hot date. I'm Melanie, Jake's snotty Yankee bitch wife whom he refuses to divorce

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
Apologies Charm [Smile] Your clue was a big help!!

It's "Civil War" by Guns & Roses.........

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
I think it's "Sweet Home Alabama".

And judging from those lines, I really ought to watch it!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
yea!!!!!!

its such a good chick flick.... and im really not a fan of those films... but its soooo sweeeeeet!!!!

go watch it!!!

ok, your turn

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh, ive just noticed you got the song right too.... OK.. fire away, you have the whole platform...

ive got to get on with my packing now... but i get withdrawal symptoms after a few minutes, so i shouldnt be long!!!

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
quote:

ive got to get on with my packing now...

Everyone seems to be going away, except me!! Ah well, it is the bank holiday weekend after all.........

Going somewhere nice?

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
no... even better than that... im staying in my lovely peacefull house on my own while my lodger goes to his mums and the kids go away with their dad!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!

3 NIGHTS TO DO AS I PLEASE!!!!!!

PARTY!!!!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i dont know what to do first... get drunk, high or laid!!!!

for the easily shocked amongst you that was a joke...

for the rest of you, my address is.....

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
We'll just follow the noise [Big Grin]

Enjoy your weekend [Wink]

hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
quote:

No one has yet answered this:

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by hellraiser:
quote:

No one has yet answered this:

youve lost me.
hellraiser
Member # 10722

Rate Member
Clive Barker's 'Nightbreed'

You need to rent that, it's great

--------------------

-Carlos Castaneda

Enigma
Member # 9314

Rate Member
There's a band called 'God Is An Astronaut' and once I'd read your quote, that's all I could think of!!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com