EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Egypt bans 'The Da Vinci Code'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt bans 'The Da Vinci Code'
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt bans 'The Da Vinci Code'
Joseph Mayton
Middle East Times
May 31, 2006

PIRACY: A Chinese hawker shows a pirated DVD version of 'The Da Vinci Code' movie along a sidewalk in Beijing on May 22. The movie was banned on May 19 in Egypt but people have headed toward the black market in order to obtain it.
(REUTERS)

CAIRO -- On May 19 The Da Vinci Code, with all its controversy, was released to theaters worldwide. Middle Eastern countries, however, have been quick to pull the plug on the film. In Egypt, the film based on Dan Brown's international bestseller did not make it to its planned release on May 23, as censors did not give the go ahead.

Many in the country speculate that the reason behind this decision is that the government does not want to upset the Coptic population following incidents of sectarian strife and violence over the past year.

"It isn't going to be shown here because they are afraid the Christians will get upset and say it is the conspiracy by the Muslims and the government," says Joseph Fahim, a Cairo film critic. "But, according to the reviews from Cannes, the film isn't very good anyway, so we shouldn't be too upset."

Coptic Christians, the remnants of the first Christian church in history, make up approximately 10 percent of the population in Egypt.

According to a statement released by Jordan, Egypt's neighbor, which has also banned the film, the film "tarnishes the memory of Christian and Islamic figures and contradicts the truth as written in the Bible and the Koran about Jesus".

The film is a fictional portrayal that speculates that Jesus did not die on the cross, but instead married Mary Magdalene and that their descendants exist in secret up to this day. Following a murder in the Louvre, the story takes the viewer on a whirlwind tour through ancient secrets that unfold to reveal that Christ's heirs still survive. It is a fictitious account of what could have been.

"If the movie was given the go ahead, it would [have been] criticized by the Coptic Church and that is one thing the government can't afford at this point," adds Fahim.

Despite the ban on the film, Egyptians are heading toward the black market in order to watch The Da Vinci Code.

"I am sure we will be getting this movie soon," a black market DVD seller says. "People are already asking about it," he added, but refused to give his name, explaining that the government was attempting to crackdown on black market sales in the country.

Had the film been released in Egypt, it is estimated that it would have earned between $350,000 and $520,000.

"We have a huge market here for films that get banned," the seller says. "I know right now that there are at least 50 people in my group that have asked to get a copy as soon as it becomes available ... it is going to give us a lot of money."

The seller described Egypt's DVD black market DVD, which is an eye-opener as to how Egypt and other Middle Eastern nations deal with banned films.

First, one must join a movie group. After buying a lifelong membership - around LE 50 ($9) in Egypt - a member gains access to a library full of Western films of all types. After this, the member may rent a film for a couple of days for LE 7.

"We let people purchase films as they choose," the dealer says. "For only LE 80 to LE 100 they can buy any film in the inventory. The films that get banned in this country help us sell movies much quicker and at a higher price."

Farah, a member of the group, says that she cannot wait until The Da Vinci Code is available.

"I want to see what all the conspiracy is about and why they banned the movie here in Egypt," she says. "It is difficult for me to grasp why fiction is so often banned in this country ... it just doesn't make sense, but with this new movie club I don't have to worry about not seeing anything," she adds.

The black market DVD copy of The Da Vinci Code is expected to run at least at LE 120 ($24), according to the dealer.

Egypt has a long history of censoring and banning films. The Ten Commandments, which was partially filmed in Egypt was banned shortly after its 1956 release due to some accusing it of Zionist propaganda. It is still banned today.

In 1997 The Devil's Advocate made a brief appearance on the big screens, only to be eventually banned. The final speech of Al Pacino's character, the Devil, was originally screened without Arabic subtitles, but that did not stop the censors from cracking down.

However, not all films with controversial themes are banned in Egypt. Just last year, Kingdom of Heaven was received favorably by both Muslim and Christian Egyptians.

"They are quick to ban films without really taking into account what is going on," argues Fahim. "Look at V for Vendetta. That movie is exactly what Egyptians are facing today, but they didn't ban that ... I don't see the consistency."

At present, the only Middle Eastern nations scheduled to show The Da Vinci Code are Israel, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. The film should be showing now, although no confirmation could be made.

The Da Vinci Code is currently storming the American box office, remaining in the number one spot for the second straight week, despite poor reviews at the Cannes Film Festival.

http://www.metimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20060531-084207-3979r

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to the .torrent file for The Davinci Code, you need a .torrent client to download this.

http://www.mininova.org/get/316339

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sandmonkey.org/2006/05/15/more-on-the-da-vinci-code-in-egypt/
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the may have banned it but believe me they are watching it ....shame they dont ban rotten meat???
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ban rotten meat from what? from being sold as fresh meat?.... from public transport?..... from office?

what are you talking about?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ARE U THAT THICK??
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
SM has the book been banned..
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
ban rotten meat from what? from being sold as fresh meat?.... from public transport?..... from office?

what are you talking about?

I think she's referring to the fact that butchers here sell meat leftovers (I buy that for my dog) to restaraunts at 6 L.E. per kilo, and they sell it for 70 - 80 L.E. per kilo.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmm. Tasty meat...

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are in Egypt and want the movie there are many movie shops selling it. I bought a copy for 25LE.
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
£2.50? it cost me £5 to see it in the cinema! when it does eventually come out on DVD it will cost about £20... 200LE!
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get them for 20LE here in Sharm, but Da vinci code not yet, but the boy in the shop assured me it would be in soon

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom Hanks will be upset, guys!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Romania we can have DVD and pay 1 euro [Razz]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would'nt watch it if it was free, and playing on a thousand tv's outside up and down my street...

hollyweird needs to stick to their satan worship,and not try to distort Christ's life for a dollar.

--------------------
The ground at Calvary's Cross is level

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mike rozier:

hollyweird needs to stick to their satan worship,and not try to distort Christ's life for a dollar.

Thank-you, this is one post of yours I can agree with.

My husband and I saw "Passion of Christ", he couldn't get past the idea of the Romans brutalizing and torturing Jesus, then he passed if off as if the Jews planned and orchestrated the entire torture session. I had to gently explain to him that the Pharasees had no part in how he was tortured, just the death sentence. My husband can't understand that the Romans did this daily for pleasure and pleasure alone and that Jesus wasn't singled out.

Mel Gibson didn't take much effort to point that out in his film either. Damn Mel Gibson to hell. [Mad]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike rozier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The jewish leadership are the ones who pushed for Jesus's death...(except 2 of them).

I found mel gibson's movie very factual...and hollyweird tried to stop gibson at every turn...

the romans did it for power, power in this world...

which all of us will find out (like the pegan romans), will come to past.

--------------------

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
The jewish leadership are the ones who pushed for Jesus's death...(except 2 of them).

I found mel gibson's movie very factual...and hollyweird tried to stop gibson at every turn...

Right now I find our current administration not too different from the Romans.

And thats the Jewish leadership that was sided with the Romans. Power only in name, and that name was imperialism. There were other forms of Jewish leadership at the time. And hundreds, if not thousands turned out to show their solidarity to Jesus and mourn his death.

Remember Jesus was laid to rest in a prominent Jewish businessman's tomb. Jesus had the support of most Jews at the time, only a few who supported Roman imperialism actually did not appreciate Jesus.

Sounds like you grew up around alot of anti-Semitism. [Roll Eyes]

And Mel Gibson focused on a handful of facts, the vast amount of literature and historical accounts of Jesus Cruxification the Roman Catholic Church denies, including Mel Gibson.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Egypt seizes 2,000 'Da Vinci Code' DVDs

By OMAR SINAN, Associated Press Writer
42 minutes ago

CAIRO, Egypt - Police seized 2,000 pirated DVDs of "The Da Vinci Code" on Saturday, and the Egyptian Coptic Christian church demanded the film be banned in Egypt.

The film has not been shown here and the government has not yet decided whether to permit it.

Police arrested the owner of a local movie production company when they discovered he had 2,000 pirated DVDs of the film, a police source said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media.

The film version of Dan Brown's murder mystery is based around the premise that Jesus and one of his followers, Mary Magdalene, fathered children whose descendants are still alive.

Bishop Morcos, a spokesman for Coptic Pope Shenouda III, the head of Egypt's largest church, praised the police action and urged the government to bar the film, saying it could spread misinformation about Christianity.

"We hope that the government will ban this movie, for the sake of Christians' feelings," Morcos told The Associated Press.

Egypt's Copts, whose liturgy follows Eastern Orthodox Christian traditions, account for an estimated 10 percent of Egypt's 73 million people.

The head of Egypt's censorship bureau, Ali Abu Shadi said the film hasn't been banned because it has not arrived in Egypt.

"We have to see it first, and according to our rules, we will decide whether to bar the movie or to cut some scenes," Abu Shadi told the AP.

Christians in India, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Bahrain have either protested the film or expressed concern about it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060603/ap_en_mo/egypt_da_vinci_code

I guess this is to applease the Copts for not being allowed to build more Churches.... I have a feeling that the Muslim authorities were more behind this...... But I am not complaining!

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sonomod_me:

I guess this is to applease the Copts for not being allowed to build more Churches.... I have a feeling that the Muslim authorities were more behind this...... But I am not complaining! [/QB]

In my area there are two churchs newly built... Do you live in Egypt? [Confused]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
quote:

I guess this is to applease the Copts for not being allowed to build more Churches.... I have a feeling that the Muslim authorities were more behind this...... But I am not complaining!

In my area there are two churchs newly built... Do you live in Egypt? [Confused] [/QB]
Nice considerable that only 40 churches are officially given the bureaucratic seal of approval.

If those 40 churches are actually built due to ongoing red-tape and basic local fillbustering then I would be shocked.

Yes two churches in your neck of the woods, and where do you live? And how long did those congregations battle the red-tape in order to build those churches?

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

And thats the Jewish leadership that was sided with the Romans. Power only in name, and that name was imperialism. There were other forms of Jewish leadership at the time. And hundreds, if not thousands turned out to show their solidarity to Jesus and mourn his death.

Remember Jesus was laid to rest in a prominent Jewish businessman's tomb. Jesus had the support of most Jews at the time, only a few who supported Roman imperialism actually did not appreciate Jesus.

And Mel Gibson focused on a handful of facts, the vast amount of literature and historical accounts of Jesus Cruxification the Roman Catholic Church denies, including Mel Gibson.

the only thing I agree with about the above is the jewish leadership did what the romans told them to do,and "Jesus was laid to rest in a prominent Jewish businessman's tomb"

I disagree with everything else you said.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:
quote:

the only thing I agree with about the above is the jewish leadership did what the romans told them to do,and "Jesus was laid to rest in a prominent Jewish businessman's tomb"

I disagree with everything else you said.

Yeah, and my Lutheran Pastor did a sabatical at Jerusalem University side by side with Rabbis and Imams. So I am more than lucky to learn from a well-rounded academic theologian who prefers to use reason, logic and to re-evaluate how dogma came to be what it is today.

I recognize I am luckier than most Christian Americans.

mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
quote:
[22] Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
[23] And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
[24] When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
[25] Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
[26] Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

quote:
[62] And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
[63] But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
[64] Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
[65] Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
[66] What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
[67] Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,
[68] Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?
[69] Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
[70] But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
[71] And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
[72] And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
[73] And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
[74] Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
[75] And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
Matt.27
[1] When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death:
[2] And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.
[3] Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
[4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
[5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
[6] And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
[7] And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
[8] Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
[9] Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;
[10] And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.
[11] And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.
[12] And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
[13] Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
[14] And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
[15] Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
[16] And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
[17] Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
[18] For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
[19] When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
[20] But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
[21] The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.

quote:
Pope John Paul II saw the movie the weekend before last, in the Vatican, apparently in his private rooms, on a television, with a DVD, and accompanied by his closest friend, Msgr. Stanislaw Dziwisz. Afterwards and with an eloquent economy John Paul shared with Msgr. Dziwisz his verdict. Dziwisz, the following Monday, shared John Paul's five-word response with the co-producer of The Passion, Steve McEveety.

This is what the pope said: "It is as it was."

game/set/match

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:
[22] Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.
[23] And the governor said, Why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
[24] When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.
[25] Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
[26] Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

quote:
[62] And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee?
[63] But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.
[64] Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
[65] Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy.
[66] What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
[67] Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands,
[68] Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?
[69] Now Peter sat without in the palace: and a damsel came unto him, saying, Thou also wast with Jesus of Galilee.
[70] But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
[71] And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid saw him, and said unto them that were there, This fellow was also with Jesus of Nazareth.
[72] And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
[73] And after a while came unto him they that stood by, and said to Peter, Surely thou also art one of them; for thy speech bewrayeth thee.
[74] Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man. And immediately the cock crew.
[75] And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.
Matt.27
[1] When the morning was come, all the chief priests and elders of the people took counsel against Jesus to put him to death:
[2] And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.
[3] Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders,
[4] Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that.
[5] And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
[6] And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
[7] And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
[8] Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
[9] Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;
[10] And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.
[11] And Jesus stood before the governor: and the governor asked him, saying, Art thou the King of the Jews? And Jesus said unto him, Thou sayest.
[12] And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders, he answered nothing.
[13] Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not how many things they witness against thee?
[14] And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
[15] Now at that feast the governor was wont to release unto the people a prisoner, whom they would.
[16] And they had then a notable prisoner, called Barabbas.
[17] Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
[18] For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.
[19] When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying, Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.
[20] But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.
[21] The governor answered and said unto them, Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you? They said, Barabbas.

quote:
Pope John Paul II saw the movie the weekend before last, in the Vatican, apparently in his private rooms, on a television, with a DVD, and accompanied by his closest friend, Msgr. Stanislaw Dziwisz. Afterwards and with an eloquent economy John Paul shared with Msgr. Dziwisz his verdict. Dziwisz, the following Monday, shared John Paul's five-word response with the co-producer of The Passion, Steve McEveety.

This is what the pope said: "It is as it was."

game/set/match

And you know darn well that just about any bible verse can suit any argument to anyone gullible willing to swallow your logic.
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
peter turned on Jesus..for crying out loud

there is none good, no, not one.

you best straighten up women!

[Smile]

--------------------

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Pope John Paul II saw the movie the weekend before last,

Weekend before last? Um, has he been resurrected as well? [Eek!]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike rozier
Member # 10852

Rate Member
It is as it was

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com