EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Casting & Auditions for Actors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Casting & Auditions for Actors
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everybody,

I am wondering if any memeber in this forum works in the Egyptian ShowBiz.

Here in Egypt, unlike the States or Europe, never advertize for Acting jobs or auditions, not in newspapers not on the internet. You only know if you are connected to someone in the business by word of mouth.

So Please if anyone here hears about an audition or casting calls or anything related to the Egyptian showbiz/ film making industry or have phone numbers & important contacts.... Please post it/them here

It would be a useful post to aspiring Actors/ Actresses like me

Thanks alot

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a nice idea to start such a thread Cinematic !

Unfortunately you know how it goes in Egypt. Everything is wasta- based!

I too need to get in contact with some script writers to make a soap about women's health issues.

Anyone?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi My Kingdom,

if your are interested in finding good script writers, do you know Mohamed hefzy? this is office. It's clled Film Clinic where they have workshops for script writers & all that I guess & it is in 9 Rostom Street Garden City. Tel: 7952490 & 0104838664 it is not his personal nmobile phone. email info@filmclinic.org

Also there is this forum for script writers on Egyfilm, maybe you will find on it any useful info or contacts

http://www.egyfilm.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=7e7bd619094593387eba81723e84476e&PHPSESSID=e36b5bd9836751920334ea51a2a9e9af

Let me know how it goes

good luck

--------------------
cinematic

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]

I can't believe my eyes. Cinematic this is such valuable info for me.

You see I have just quit my job because of work stress and plans to immigrate, and I'm in a transitional stage of my life, where I obviously have too much free time (see the Living in Cairo section and you'll know what I mean [Big Grin] ), and my brain can become destructive if can't be constructive!

I will contact them and let you know how things will have gone from there.

You too rabbena ywaffa2ak in all your plans.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also another section in the Egyfilm forum where they have a forum for each famous script writer like Wahid Hamed, Mohamed Hefzy, Ahmed El Beih, Tamer Habib & all that... maybe they include their contacts or something

http://www.egyfilm.com/Forums/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=7e7bd619094593387eba81723e84476e&PHPSESSID=e36b5bd9836751920334ea51a2a9e9af

--------------------
cinematic

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Hi My Kingdom,

I go through the same phase too... I quit my job in a multinational company last year coz I can't take the stress & because i wanted to pursue my passion in Acting... so far nothing much is happening... sometimes i go crazy & sometimes i can wait & have hopes. I hope something good comes along soon coz i'm penniless. Do you want write a script or direct a written script?

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cinematic:
Hi My Kingdom,

I go through the same phase too... I quit my job in a multinational company last year coz I can't take the stress & because i wanted to pursue my passion in Acting... so far nothing much is happening... sometimes i go crazy & sometimes i can wait & have hopes. I hope something good comes along soon coz i'm penniless. Do you want write a script or direct a written script?

Wow that is gutsy! Can you really act well? Are you improving your skills? And more importantly (unfortunately), do you look good? I mean good looking people always have better chances you know.

Let me tell you one of my dumb stories. I claim to be intelligent but I'm an absolute fool when it comes to men with muscles. Just like any other woman is [Roll Eyes] . So anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was in Agami with my mom and sister, and I had to go back to cairo to catch my flight back to Amsterdam. But I wouldn't come back with my sister because she and my mom were absolutely in love with the sun and the sea, so I thought I'd just take the Super Jet back to Cairo. It was my first time on it, and my sister had warned me of those terrible films they show on board with very loud volume. So I got all ready with ear plugs and eye mask and stuff.

And then the film started..

From the first second I thought hey, this is not a typical "habet" Egyptian film starting. [Confused] Maybe I've been too long away and now things have changed for the better?

I decided to watch one more minute before I plug in my ear plugs and roll over and snore with my mouth open (checked around me for spiders first.. Yekhreb beet keda ya Smuckers!!).

That minute lasted the whole film. I was totally impressed.

Not by the story, it was a very superficial one about murdering a rich old man and investigating who did it. That rich man was Khaled Zaki by the way. Wow he's grown old gracefully! I actually love him now, while I hated him when he was younger!

You might have guessed by now that I'm talking about the film called Mallaki Iskandariya?

Anyway, what caught my attention was, among other things: The brilliant directing (Sandra Nash2at), with all those angles and light tricks etc..And the drop- dead gorgeous people in the film! That was what caught my eyes until the end of it.

Superficial, I know, but that's the way it goes with the movies I guess!

There was this guy called Ahmed Ezz, I guess he has melawwena eyes but that's not why I thought he was stunning. It's this non-typical Egyptian sporty body, broad shoulders, straight walk, and ya wad ya t2eel moves [Big Grin] . I was like: Ya gamaloo ya gamaloo, the whole film through. [Roll Eyes] (And I really really hate to admit that [Mad] )

So I gues in order to get a part in the cinema nowadays it is essential to look good. Having a good body is step one. Unless you want to be an extra or something! But please if you're a woman don't opt to plastic surgery like all those Lebanese freaks. You either have it or you don't.

So do you train and stuff?

Anyway that was just one of my hayafa thoughts.

I would like to direct a script while it's being written. I don't think I have the guts to write it from A to Z. Besides, the fact that I've been away from Egypt for a long time would make it sort of irrelevant how I think right now I guess.

But I am so much into teaching women about their health, that I'll go mad if I didn't start doing something with my ideas.

Enough of my crap. Have a nice evening!

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Hey My Kingdom,

I am a female. I did take some classes, did a few small roles in movies (u wouldn't recognize me at all), participated in short movie projects, took the lead role in a theatrical play (amateurs) and I look good I swear but it's not helping .... the good looking trashy cheap girls get all the parts & i've seen it.

I go to all the auditions I hear about ( but they are not many) & I try the best i can but i'm a little bit tense & self-conscious during auditions, i hate to be judged. i can't say i am a good actress but i believe if i am in good hands (a good director) I can do well.

I have been trying for 4 years.. I hope i get a good part where people can recognize me.

I liked Malaky Eskenderia... yes Ahmed Ezz is very nice... he's hot.

Did you study directing or do u have experience in that? it is very difficult, you know... i tried studying directing for a while but i don't think i can take that kind of responsibility, besides, i like to be infront of the camera not behind it...lol

But please tell me how it went.. I'd love to know & if i can, help

yours
cinematic

--------------------
cinematic

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
you seem to be good in writing & yes you do seem to have plenty of ideas... you never thought of also working as a freelance writer in the English magazines here in Egypt? like Egypt Today, Cleo & all that stuff, I'm sure your familiar with them

Are you a doctor? Are you currently teaching or looking for a job to teach about women's health. Maybe you can work in one the UNICEF's projects. Women's health is on of their main activities.

Cinematic ;-)

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Oh great, you're a she! I like she-Egyptians [Smile]

I have totally nothing whatsoever to do with directing, and not planning to do anything about it, but I just realized that the media is the only way to reach Egyptian women of all classes at once. I studied Medicine and then got a degree in Teaching.

I want something like ER in an Egyptian form, you know.

You will break through if you believe in yourself ya Cinematic. Don't give up or be cheap, and if you're good you will reach your goal no matter what they say.

Do you know a guy called Loai Omran? Did a film called 3alashan rabbena y7ebbak with Dalia el-Behairy. I haven't seen the film but I was wondering if you did and what you thought of his role.

After you answer I will tell you why I'm asking. It might be interesting for you to read his story!

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
hey again,

I just saw your topic about sons & daughters who inherited stardom from their parents... that's another reason why someone like me can't get an acting job... if they choose between me & Riham Abdle 3'afoor or hannan motawe3, for instance ... they'd definately cast her.

The funny thing is.. this topic is all over the news now...it has become a phenomenon.

I will copy & paste an article here to prove to you that you are soooo right in your smart observation

الفن بين التوريث .. والموهبه
أبناء الفنانين يحتلون الشاشة ويستولون علي كل الفرص
رفيق الصبان: ظاهرة مخيفة تغلق الأبواب أمام الموهوبين

كتب : محمد صلاح الدين

أثار قيام هيثم أحمد زكي بالبطولة المفاجئة لفيلم "حليم" بجانب المشاهد القليلة التي صورها والده قبل وفاته ردود فعل عديدة. وعدة تساؤلات حول انتشار ظاهرة اكتساح أبناء الفنانين للشاشتين الصغيرة والكبيرة. والتي تنفرد بها السينما والتليفزيون في مصر وحدها دون غيرها من البلاد!! فهل الموهبة تورث؟ وأن "ابن الوز" بالضرورة لابد وان يكون "عوام".. أم ان الحكاية أكبر وهي استغلال لوجود الوالد الفنان في الساحة. والاستفادة منه للصعود. بدلا من المغامرة في العمل في مهن اخري قد لا يحقق فيها أي نجاح؟!
يقول أحد الشبان من خريجي معهد الفنون المسرحية رفض ذكر اسمه حتي لا يضطهده أحد:
الحكاية مش "توريث".. فمنهم من هدم اسم والده ولم يبن عليه.. القضية هي ان تكون موهوبا فعلا. وتثقل هذه الموهبة بالدراسة والخبرة.. ومن يقفزوا علينا "بالباراشوت" ويقطعوا علينا المية والنور عليهم أن يدركوا انه لا مجال للمجاملة امام الجمهور. الذي يستطيع ان يفرق بين الغث والسمين.. المهم ألا يأخذوا فرصنا. وعلي المخرجين والمنتجين أن يكونوا عادلين. ويلجأوا لاصحاب المواهب الحقيقية دون النظر إلي الاسماء أو من له ظهر!!
آه من شربات
أما اشهر من يحتلون الساحة الفنية من أبناء الفنانين الآن فهم: محمد عادل إمام الذي ظهر بدور ملفت للنظر في "عمارة يعقوبيان". وقد سبقه شقيقه المخرج رامي إمام. ويجيء أحمد فاروق الفيشاوي الذي اثار مشكلة اجتماعية غطت علي ادواره القليلة التي لعبها ولفت فيها الانظار. وكان يردد دائما: أن أبي اعطاني النصيحة الفنية فقط. ولم يقدمني لاني كنت أمثل وأنا طفل صغير. وأحمد سعيد عبدالغني الذي صرح لنا والده: بأن ابنه أفضل منه وانه لم يساعده كما يعتقد البعض بل هو ساعد نفسه!. ثم يجيء أحمد شاكر عبداللطيف الذي رفض ان يشق طريقه في المسرح مثل والده وعمه شريف عبداللطيف وفضل التليفزيون الذي يتيح الفرصة اكثر لابناء الجيل الجديد علي حد قوله.. وذلك عكس رانيا فريد شوقي الذي انتج لها والدها فيلما شهيرا بعنوان "آه وآه من شربات" وقدمها للساحة بقوة. ولكنها اثبتت وجودها اكثر بعد رحيله! ومثلها رانيا محمود ياسين وشقيها عمرو اللذان واجها اعتراضا في البداية. ثم قام والدها بانتاج فيلم كبير لها هو "قشر البندق".. ومجيء دنيا ابنة سمير غانم ودلال عبدالعزيز التي لا تنكر تأثرها بوالديها. بل انهما ساعداها كثيرا باعترافها. ولكنها تقول ان زملاءها مثل يحيي الفخراني وغيره ساعدوها اكثر عندما اقتنعوا بموهبتها.. أما ريهام اشرف عبدالغفور فتقول ان والدها رفض دخولها مجال الفن. ولكنها اقتنصت اول فرصة واصرت عليها!. وكذلك حنان كرم مطاوع وابنة سهير المرشدي التي واجهت نفس الصعوبات حتي تستكمل دراستها!.. ثم يجيء أحمد صلاح السعدني الذي لم يكن مقبولا في اول ظهوره لافتقاده الحضور والخبرة. حتي انطلق تليفزيونيا مثله مثل كثير من أبناء الفنانين: أحمد مصطفي الدمرداش وأحمد فاروق فلوكس. واشرف وحيد سيف ونبيل شفيق نور الدين ومحب عدلي كاسب وعادل وعلاء محمد عوض ومحمد أحمد ماهر ومحمد أحمد عدوية ومحمد ابراهيم يسري وعلاء حمود مرسي وغادة ايهاب نافع وابنة ماجدة وميسون ابنة جليلة محمود. وأمير شاهين شقيق الهام شاهين وشريف محمد نجم ومنة شلبي ابنة زيزي مصطفي.
أبناء المخرجين
وأبرز نجوم السينما حاليا هو أحمد السقا ابن مخرج العرائس الأشهر صلاح السقا. وكريم عبدالعزيز ابن المخرج محمد عبدالعزيز وعمه عمر عبدالعزيز الذي يعترف بانه تأثر بوالده وعمه كثيرا. ولكن تجربته الأولي جاءت علي يد شريف عرفة في "اضحك الصورة تطلع حلوة". وشريف نفسه وشقيقه عمرو ابنا المخرج الراحل سعد عرفة.. ومثلهم يجيء ياسر جلال ورامز جلال ابناء المخرج المسرحي جلال توفيق. وكذلك عبير جلال الشرقاوي التي ارتدت الحجاب وشقيقها تامر الشرقاوي الذي جرب حظه علي المسرح فقط مثل والده! ثم زكي فطين عبدالوهاب ابن ليلي مراد أيضا. ومنال أحمد السبعاوي وجالا أشرف فهمي وداليا أحمد توفيق والمخرجة رباب حسين.
ومهن فنية أخري
وتستمر القائمة الطويلة لتضم تنويعة أخري مثل: خالد سمير سرحان ابن رئيس هيئة الكتاب السابق. وحلا وهنا شيحة ابنتا الفنان التشكيلي أحمد شيحا. وشريف محمد حسن رمزي. وفي تنفيذ المعارك يجيء مصطفي الطوخي ابن الطوخي توفيق.. أما من اتجه لمجال الاخراج: سارة نور الشريف وشادي يحيي الفخراني وشادي لينين الرملي وأحمد نادر جلال ومحمد كمال الشناوي ومنال حسن الصيفي. المنتج هاني جرجس فوزي وشقيقه المخرج اسامة فوزي.. ومن أبناء المؤلفين والصحفيين: كاملة وجيه أبوذكري وصفاء عبدالله الطوخي وابنة الكاتبة فتحية العسال. وتامر محمد عبدالمنعم والمخرج خالد أحمد بهجت وهشام أسامة أنور عكاشة وأحمد محمد جلال عبدالقوي ومحمد سامي غنيم وكريم محمود أبوزيد.. ويجيء في مجال الانتاج: مجدي صلاح منصور وأمل علي أبوشادي ومريم عزة أبوعوف وهند سعيد صالح ومحمود أمين الهنيدي الذي يمثل أيضا!
شيلني وأشيلك
* يحلل الناقد والسيناريست د. رفيق الصبان هذه الظاهرة بقوله:
هذا شيء مخيف.. ويسد كل الفرص أمام الموهوبين الآخرين من غير أبناء الفنانين ويغلق أمامهم الأبواب.
نحن لسنا ضد أحد أو ضد أي موهبة حقيقية. ولكن المشكلة تكمن في "المجاملات" التي بدأت تسود حياتنا. وهنا مكمن الخطر.. لانها للأسف تكسب في كثير من الأمور وأبرزها المجال الفني علي طريقة "شيلني واشيلك".. وأنا سأظل اتعاطف مع الفنان الشاب الذي قضي 4 سنوات من عمره في دراسة الفنون. ثم يواصل الدراسات العليا أو الاحتكاك في العملية الفنية ثم لا يجد له فرصة.
من هنا ادعو النقابات الفنية بأن تقوم بدورها الحقيقي في الدفاع عن المهنة باشتراط شهادة التمثيل التي لا يحصل عليها الطالب سوي باجتيازه للعديد من الاختبارات العملية في الاداء وغيره.. وحتي إذا ظهرت موهبة مفاجئة من خارج المعهد فيكون هذا استتثناء وليست قاعدة كما هو للأسف معمول به الآن!!

نقلاً عن جريدة الجمهورية

وياريت لو فيه ردود تكون هادئة ، عشان نعرف نفكر بعقل

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Maybe you can work in one the UNICEF's projects. Women's health is on of their main activities.

Yeah I did that many years ago just after I graduated. I guess I started where people would love to end. I totally and deeply loved every second of it, but after a couple of years it was time to move on. we shouldn't stay too long at one working place.

I'm in a totally different phase of my life now, I was teaching at one of the Universities of Amsterdam but quit due to a long story, but now I have lots of free time, and I'm in the process of moving country with my family. Afterwards I will be working as an assistant surgeon but I don't really like surgery, so I would love to do somethings that I really like next to that.

Writing should be one of them.

You know I was thinking of writing and selling what I write to channels like Dubai TV and stuff. But I don't dare do that without the right education.

What's the most popular channel for Egyptians to watch by the way?

I heard from my sisters that ESC is not watched by one single (or married [Razz] ) Egyptian [Big Grin]

What is then?

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

I will copy & paste an article here to prove to you that you are soooo right in your smart observation

[Eek!]

gat-hom el-2araf even wasta has reached the art..

This makes me so angry [Mad]

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
You worked with the UNICEF? I did too sometime ago. I also hate working in one place too long... it seems we have alot in common or maybe it's this phase we're both going through.

The most popular channel? I don't know... I don't watch local TV just the Orbit or Showtime... I personally like to watch Rotana Cinema (hayafaa), MBC 1,2 & 4 are nice but sorry i can't really give you the answer you want in this.
Wasta is in the Art ofcourse... it is very difficult to break in but that doesn't mean that we should stop trying.

--------------------
cinematic

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
oh I haven't seen ur pervious reply about me being a She.

Thanks my kingdom for your encouragement.. I won't give up, it's too late now, I'm 27 years old ;-)

Unfortunately I havent seen this film "3ashan rabena ye7ebak" I heard about it... but tell me what about it?

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
it seems we have alot in common

Oh yeah we do. This post of yours on favorite film thread I swear I could have written it myself.

So how about a Blair Witch Project type of film?

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
An Egyptian ER sounds like a cool idea ... what you can do is to contact those script writer i told you about &/ or producers, hopefully they can help you do that.

--------------------
cinematic

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
I am not a fan of horror movies really... yesterday i ordered House of wax on TV Max but i regretted it... they should call them bloody movies not horror movies... but I always heard that the Blair Witch Project is kind of different... maybe i should bring mysefl to watch it sometime

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
I am not a fan of horror movies really... yesterday i ordered House of wax on TV Max but i regretted it... they should call them bloody movies not horror movies... but I always heard that the Blair Witch Project is kind of different... maybe i should bring mysefl to watch it sometime

Oh I hate horror movies too. TBWP is the only movie of that kind that I saw. But I didn't mean that when I mentioned it.

Did you now how this film was made?

A group of young amateur actors decided it was about time to break through the monopoly of Hollywood. So they borrowed money from their parents and bought cameras and films, then made up a story on the Internet that some three students were missing in the Blair Witch woods somewehre in the US, and everyone at that time believed them, not knowing that it was the advertising campaign of the film.

Then the film came out, and they said it was the footage that they found where those three students were last seen, and was made by them just before they disappeared.

In the last 20 years, I never found a Hollywood movie impressive, and it's great that such a simple film is better than the crap we watch nowadays.

A lesson for the Egyptian cinema gurus to learn.

Read this review about TBWP

http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/b/blair_witch.html

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Wow good idea, my dad believed this flase advertizing & he was looking allover for that movie... i don't think he found the truth out.

We should think of something similar to do here in Egypt, the majority of Egyptians believe everything they hear, it's incredible. Remember the time of the Bird Flu or anything like that, someone says something, it spreads like water & everybody believes it.

if you have an idea let's discuss it.

by the way you never told me about that guy called Loai Omran who did a film called 3alashan rabbena y7ebbak.... I'm curious.

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Wow good idea, my dad believed this flase advertizing & he was looking allover for that movie... i don't think he found the truth out.

We should think of something similar to do here in Egypt, the majority of Egyptians believe everything they hear, it's incredible. Remember the time of the Bird Flu or anything like that, someone says something, it spreads like water & everybody believes it.

if you have an idea let's discuss it.

by the way you never told me about that guy called Loai Omran who did a film called 3alashan rabbena y7ebbak.... I'm curious.

Okay I will think of something. Give me some time to cook my ideas on low fire [Wink]

And about Loai. I know him personally. An old friend of mine. He is, or better say was before he went bald, so gorgeous that you can't help it but totally fall for him at the first sight. I didn't because I was funnier than him [Big Grin] . He is good friends with Ahmed Ezz and they look a bit alike if you want to get an idea of what I mean.

Anyway, Loai is a genius, he graduated from Handasa and was teaching at the AUC. But all of a sudden decided he wanted to become a model then actor (He too knew how stunning he was, therefore wanted to become rich and famous using his best assets). The modelling went okay then it was time to get a film role. With Ahmed Ezz getting lucky and all, Loai decided to take the first main role he was offered, and it was the role of that mentally retarded husband of Dalia el-Beheiry in 3Alashan Rabbena Y7ebbak.

Anyway, of course looks are not enough without a talent, the film was a huge fiasco, and I heard that his acting was so bad that people were leaving the cinema in the middle of the show just out of boredom.

Afterwards he never ever got any offers other than some similar mentally retarded roles where he had to say: "My mom is a retard" or something. [Roll Eyes]

He quit acting, I heard.

What I wanted to say that if you choose for a certain role, it will stick to you forever, this is how the Egyptians think. So Loai being a genius in real life did not have any effect on his public image after the film. Once a retard always a retard. [Cool]

So again, if I were you, I either take the best or not take anything.

And hey you're 27? That is the best age ever.
You're at your peak lady. Cherish every moment of it.

You know if I were you I would just walk into the ofice of a director and tell him listen man I am good, why don;t you give me a shot?!!

Have you ever tried that?

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Hey My Kingdom,

I'm glad to hear from you again my dear. Please think of an idea but don't show it here publicly, if you are serious about it, so that nobody steals your ideas.

I think that movie was on Rotana Cinema once but i never brought myself to watch it coz it seems boring to me... & I don't like dalia El Beheiry or her movies.. u know when you link movies to their directors? u also link the movies to the Actors starring in it. I always know that I am going to enjoy the kind of movie that Suad Hosny stars in or Mahmoud hemeida or hend Sabry but I don't like Mohamed Saad & Heindy so I know I won't enjoy their movies (it's my own taste)

Anyways, I totally agree with you about being stuck in certian roles or being stero-typeed as an actor... that scares me like hell. Have you seen the Yacoubian building? KHaled El Sawy (the classy gay journalist) was great in that role.... I think he may be stereo-typed as such. Who know? But i honestly believed he's gay (although he isn't) but he fit the role & performed perfectly.

And one thing, Egyptians have this inabilty to separate between the actor & his roles. If Iam playing the role of a whore that does not mean that I am one... but you know Egyptians, very judgemental & superficial in their analysis.

I think Loai apart from being a so so actor made the wrong choice ... retarded or not retarded... he should have made long-term wiser career choices in order to succeed.. maybe he should have gone for smaller roles & not the lead in the beginning of his career... that would give him the experience he needs in order to be ready for the lead later on.... move slowly but surely. he also should have taken acting lessons.... Acting is so hard ... you have to work , work, work, practice, practice, practice & still feel you are not good enough.... It is a lifelong learning process & it is so rich. I took two Acting course, one of them for 8 months & the other for 4 months .... the first one was 4 or 3 years ago... the instructor wasn't very talented but i learned something... the second course was last summer, the instructor is great & he is a working Actor but unfortunately i joined them half way in the course & because of some personal problems (quiting my job... father bugging me) I wasn't able to attend religiously. The point is, I feel I need more practice... I am not good enough & I am trying to learn from whatever little work I get but i will definately go back to class.

Do you think age 27 is good? I have a feeling that the 20's is the age of struggle & depression maybe when I reach my 30's I'll regret not enjoying the 20's (I hope not...I hate regrets)

It's is not easy to just break into a director's office & do that... I would do it if i can but I don't like to be turned down. And when I deal with these people i don't behave around them like i need them... they can be assholes. I know a few young directors... my boyfriend is a director who just filmed his first feature film (I'm so proud of him) but i can never ask.... too proud to ask. Although he wanted me to play one of the lead roles but unfortunaltey I couldn't because of personal reasons (my dad has a problem with him....oooops did i say that?)

About trying, actually I asked last week a director who was doing a play to let me audition for a part that is totally the opposite of me... the problem is, the role is this gypsy belly dancer (3'azeya) who is vulgar & flirtaious, And I look too classy for that role. And I though to myself, I can be vulgar & do it (especially when i saw a stupid ugly actress doing it very badly) but I did the audition & he told me... " no I don't see you in that role... the right actress should be more sexy" I was so frustrated becasue i wanted to change that image of classy/ princess & do something more vulgar or down to earth.

ooops, sorry my message is too long.....

--------------------
cinematic

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Cinematic I like you so much, your messages are never long enough to read!!

One wise man, maybe it was Churchil [Confused] said once in a letter to his friend: "Sorry for my lengthy letter, I didn't have time to make it shorter"
[Razz]

But okay what if I get an idea. Do you seriously want to discuss it and make something out of it?

Because if you do, I will come to Egypt and take it very seriously from there. 7ayat is an ES member who would be very inetersted too. She's a journalist based in Australia.

I'm happy you realize very well how the Egyptian mentality is. Stick to the "classy" roles for your own sake. It's not Hollywood anyway, so why try to change the world?

But there is something about vulgar women that I just LLLOOOVVVEE!! I like to watch them give this ugly unsatisfied face, and chew on the gum like there's no tmorrow. I like it when they tell people that they are "the soul of their mother and that they have to collect themselves before they personally collect them". It's part of our culture that we cannot ignore you know. That's why I just adored adored adored and I repeat adored Raya w'Skeena!

I used to go to wekalet el-bala7 to buy fabrics in the past. I sew a lot you know. And one time as I was standing at the counter of a shop, a huge fight with knives and guns broke out between some young men. I jumped and hid behind the counter but could hear those women screaming: Ya lahwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

I LOVED IT!!!

Since then it became one of my favorite words.

[Big Grin]

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Hey Hoover The Hayena, did you change your name form My Kingdom? When I read your post I thought you were someone else & I had to think for a while & look above untill I saw all your previous posts with that new name.

I'm so so sorry I didn't reply/ write all that time... ALTHOUGH we have an ADSL at home something happened to the Internet connection from last Thursday untill this moment & I am so mad, so far the Company (Tedata) couldn't fix it (don't understand why... [Mad] ) ..... I am now in an Internet cafe.

I also am impressed with the vulgar roles... I'd like to be something on the screen that I can't be in real life... & to be honest one has to start ignoring [Cool] the Egyptian mentality or else you won't ever do anything you want & will be imprisoned in their shoulds & musts & that's death.

I like you too my dear.... if you do have an idea & would like to share it with me please do that. I am only an actress but I hope I can be of some help... I may even discuss it with my bf if you like & see what can be done to develop it or guide you in some way. Anyway he is looking for good scripts for his second film & if not maybe the third film project. would be also nice to meet your friend 7ayat on ES.

Are you now abroad? you come to Egypt on vacations only? I thought you were staying here for the summer or that you came back form abroad to stay here.

Good to hear from you..... I hope the Internet connection works again soon or I will go mad.

Looking FW to hearning form you

Cinematic [Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
I had a fight with a bunch of (wanna be English) hyenas on the Living in Egypt section. The hyena hoard became bigger and bigger; starting all kinds of threads using my name. So I just decided to make their heads spin for a while. I will PM you, save this message so you would always recognize my new name (if I change my name, it automatically changes in your PM list).

Damn those telecom companies. They're also giving my mom a hard time. I MSN with my mom on daily basis and they are often a pain in the butt.

I live in Holland (I say Amsterdam but I don't exactly live there) but I come to Egypt quite often.

Talk to you again soon, hopefully from the comfort of your home.

Koshari [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com