EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: music
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what kind of music you like?

i love R&B, hip hop and arabic, egyptian and gulf.

i love (Just Give Me The Light )by Sean Paul

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sara_uk:

[Confused]

You must be kidding me..

Is there any music/song other than The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, all through the town SONG?

[Frown]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sara_uk:
what kind of music you like?

I like Nasheed, RnB, Soul, Blues, Celtic, some Pop and Rock - Not much I don't like actually [Smile] If it has a nice words and doesn't sound violent then I will listen to it too. Some rock music makes me feel angry. I listen to Avril Lavigne when I feel angry at the world.

I like Sean Paul also, but sometimes I find myself singing along and cringe when I realise what I am singing! When you understand his words, he is a bit vulgar [Big Grin] I remember an Egyptian guy asked me to explain what SP was singing about - I just told him "You don't need to know this type of English!" There was NO way I was gonna explain, especially not to a guy! [Eek!]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For arabic, I like Assala, Elissa, Mohamed Mounir, Abdel Hallim Hafez, George Wassouf (he has one song that you can listen to in a car from Maadi to Mohandissen! [Big Grin] ), Amr Diab (of course [Roll Eyes] ).. hmmm who/what else.... you've gotta love the Magnoona song [Big Grin]

Ahh... that music that they play in village weddings - the type that you're supposed to clap too ... when I hear it I don't know whether to laugh or what! Some taxi drivers love it too... at full volume [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sleepless

i agree with you, i love the tunes for r&b most words can be embrassing to sing along with.

i like abdul haleem too, um kulthoom and fairooz she has a great voice and the words just amazing. you have to listen to fairooz song called (shadi) in the song she talked about her playing with this kid when she was a kid and the kid die in the war in lebenon and she describe what most people remember people who died as they are the same age. she says after few years she has grown up but shadi the child still a child playing. very touching song

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
this is page for the lovely fairooz. http://www.mp3arabs.com/Fayrouz.htm

look for shadi and shayf el baher.

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
iam in fayrouz mood today

shayf al bahar lyrics translate as.

do you see how big the sea is, i love you as much
do you see how far the sky is, i love you as much

NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

I always hear people speak about Fayrouz, but I never paid much attention. Is that link for all of her songs? Can keep me busy for a while!

When I feel in that mood to listen to romantic songs I annoy myself [Big Grin]

Right now I am having an Eagles 1/2 hour (well stretching to 1 hour now [Big Grin] ), Hotel California. They say this song is about nut houses and brothels - what does that say about my mood now then? [Confused]

Nut house bit?

So I called up the Captain,
'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine'
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Brothel bit?

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Nut house again?

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

The Eagles deny it of course [Big Grin]

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
lol sleepless iam in romance moode today lol and it worked it did not annoy me. your mood is nutcase lol with that song
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

You could be right Sara.. nutcase I am Hehe - nothing new there! I'm glad your feeling happy and romantic - It's a nice feeling, but I'm just not in the mood for that these days [Smile]

There's a lovely song called At Last by Etta James - a real oldie. Oooohh that song makes you just wanna get married and sing it to your hubby on the honeymoon. Such a simple song, but so meaningful. I believe it is one of the top songs chosen at wedding parties, for the couple to dance the first dance too.

At last
my love has come along
my lonely days over
and life is like a song

Ooh At last
the skies above are blue
well my heart was wrapped up in clover
the night I looked at you

I found a dream
that I could speak to
a dream that I could call my own
I found a thrill
to press my cheek to
a thrill that I have never known

well

You smile
you smile
oh and then the spell was cast
and here we are in heaven
for you are mine at last

I found a dream
that I could speak to
a dream that I
could call my own
I found a thrill
to press my cheek to
a thrill that I have never known

well

You smile
you smile
oh and then the spell was cast
and here we are in heaven
for you are mine at last

ooo yea
you are mine
you are mine
at last
at last
at last
at last

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
nice words! but sleepless i just said romance moode now you want to get me married off so soon

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com