EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Egy Movies of Summer 2006

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egy Movies of Summer 2006
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many movies were produced this year, especially in the summer.... And that means that our cinema is getting more active & spending more money.

There was a long list like; Halim, Yacoubian, Aw2at fara3', Katkoot, wa7ed men el nass, 3awdat el nadla, ga3altany mogreman, 3an el 3eshq wal hawa, wesh egram, zaza

Which one do you think was the best?
Check Film Revenues

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well I wish I could answer to you but the site is in Arabic.

I did open a thread last time as I was searching where I could download some Egyptian movies.

You can tell me which one you like the most then I will see if I can find it.

Thanks in advance

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Souri*:
well I wish I could answer to you but the site is in Arabic.

I did open a thread last time as I was searching where I could download some Egyptian movies.

You can tell me which one you like the most then I will see if I can find it.

Thanks in advance

Hi Souri, I liked Awaat fara3', Yacoubian Building & Halim... & the rest of the summer moives are the comedian commercial ones that i dont like
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about "Little Chicken" with Mohamed Saad?

I saw the music video for it, the one with the awful wig!

How did that movie do?

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
How about "Little Chicken" with Mohamed Saad?

I saw the music video for it, the one with the awful wig!

How did that movie do?

Katkoot? Oh I hate these movies... they are awful. Dont tell me you like them
but im sure it got some good revenue as usual... check the link up there if u can read numbers in arabic

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Souri, I liked Awaat fara3', Yacoubian Building & Halim... & the rest of the summer moives are the comedian commercial ones that i dont like

Thank you the advice

I will try to download it this week end.

Me I love Spanish, Italian movies, I love Pedro Almodovar's movies a lot.

The last I 've watched was an Italian one name: Malena [Smile]

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1803248913&cf=info

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 14 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thank you the advice

I will try to download it this week end.

Me I love Spanish, Italian movies, I love Pedro Almodovar's movies a lot.

The last I 've watched was an Italian one name: Malena [Smile]

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1803248913&cf=info

Wow you must have a great taste in movies [Smile]
I also loved "Malena" by Guiseppe tornatore ... Monica bellucci is an incredible actress & beauty [Wink]

I love Almodovar movies too... I have seen "talk to her" "La Mala educacion", "all about my mother", "Live Flesh"... I'd love to see more of fis films

Bernardo Bertolucci "Last tango in Paris", "Beseiged". "dreamers", "Stealing beauty", ....would love to see more

Last italian movie I saw was called, "The Sea Inside"

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

oh there is a french movie that i also liked called Emile Puolin" It's a very long name like "les fableux destine de Emile Poulin"? & Im not sure if I've spelled the name right

--------------------
Femme Fatale

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Chinderella Mammary Glands:
oh there is a french movie that i also liked called Emile Puolin" It's a very long name like "les fableux destine de Emile Poulin"? & Im not sure if I've spelled the name right

It's Amelie .... "Le fableux destin d'Amelie Poulain"
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Hello Chinderella

Is very sweet the way you wrote Emile [Big Grin] its Amelie Poulin by the way ana francaoullia ( sorry for the spelling)

I did not like Talk to her that much, the actor was playing very well but I did not like the pervert site of the personage’s personality, of course Pedro has directed very well the movie, you could think that it was based on the true story as the way the actors were playing was far from the “fiction” movies we are use to watch.

I loved Malena the personage who Monica Belouchi was playing was very nice.

She did not talk a lot, but she has a lot of expression on her face that was talking for her, I don’t know if you see what I mean, sometimes you don’t need to talk as the expression of your face say a lot for you, with her natural sensibility, she has given a lot of sensation to the personage she was playing. But that the magie of the Italian movies.
I have found a lot similarities between the Italian and the Egyptian movies. Both have this incredible way of sensibility That I love, for example, when you watch an Egyptian or Italian movie, you don’t need to understand the language as the actors are so expressive that you can read on their face, what they want to say, or express as they give so much sensation, as they are so alive.
And you know when I’m in Cairo I love observing people’s face and try to guess what they are thinking of, my friend often ask me if I could understand Arabic as a lot time I could guess what some people was saying to my friend just by listening the tone of their voice, or watching the expression of their face.

Also if you have not seen it you should watch: “ il postino “ which is a Franco Italian movie, and “Respiro “

The last French movie I have watched was: “je vous trouves tres beau “ and that was very fun.

Here is the link

http://www.jevoustrouvetresbeau-lefilm.com/

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Hello Chinderella

Is very sweet the way you wrote Emile [Big Grin] its Amelie Poulin by the way ana francaoullia ( sorry for the spelling)

I did not like Talk to her that much, the actor was playing very well but I did not like the pervert site of the personage’s personality, of course Pedro has directed very well the movie, you could think that it was based on the true story as the way the actors were playing was far from the “fiction” movies we are use to watch.

I loved Malena the personage who Monica Belouchi was playing was very nice.

She did not talk a lot, but she has a lot of expression on her face that was talking for her, I don’t know if you see what I mean, sometimes you don’t need to talk as the expression of your face say a lot for you, with her natural sensibility, she has given a lot of sensation to the personage she was playing. But that the magie of the Italian movies.
I have found a lot similarities between the Italian and the Egyptian movies. Both have this incredible way of sensibility That I love, for example, when you watch an Egyptian or Italian movie, you don’t need to understand the language as the actors are so expressive that you can read on their face, what they want to say, or express as they give so much sensation, as they are so alive.
And you know when I’m in Cairo I love observing people’s face and try to guess what they are thinking of, my friend often ask me if I could understand Arabic as a lot time I could guess what some people was saying to my friend just by listening the tone of their voice, or watching the expression of their face.

Also if you have not seen it you should watch: “ il postino “ which is a Franco Italian movie, and “Respiro “

The last French movie I have watched was: “je vous trouves tres beau “ and that was very fun.

Here is the link

http://www.jevoustrouvetresbeau-lefilm.com/

Oh please correct my typos...it's ok
what's ana francaoullia? you mean the spelling of a french word? [Big Grin]

In "talk to her" Oh I didnt like that pervert thing at all... I couldn't imagine somebody sleeping with an unconscious body [Eek!]

I also loved Monica Bellucci's acting in "Malena", ofcourse she's got a prize for it... I love expressive faces especially the eyes.... Would love to act something like that myself without talking much but relying on my facial & eyes expressions... it's more of a challenge

If you love actors who have expressive eyes you'll like
Suad Hosny
... She has one of the most expressive eyes I have ever seen.......I'm sure you know her or seen atleat one of her movies.... she was our cinderella.... very talented.... she was very popular in the 60s & the 70s.

I should be watching more of these Italian, french, Spanish... foreign movies in general.

Where are you from? I don't see here on ES that often

*Souri*
Member # 9095

I'm French That why I said : ana fracaoullia (sorry for the spelling ) cause I'm not sure if I spell it right

I will try to watch one of the Suad Hosny's movies if I can find one.

Thank you very much for the Tip

PS: if you go to this web site you will be able to download a lot movies for free [Smile] some Europeans movies, as well as others from all around the world

http://www.mininova.org/

Take care

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
I'm French That why I said : ana fracaoullia (sorry for the spelling ) cause I'm not sure if I spell it right

I will try to watch one of the Suad Hosny's movies if I can find one.

Thank you very much for the Tip

PS: if you go to this web site you will be able to download a lot movies for free [Smile] some Europeans movies, as well as others from all around the world

http://www.mininova.org/

Take care

Souri, thanks alot for the link..... I made a post for members who know any site where you can download Suad Hosny's movies for free.
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Yes I have seen it Thank you very much for the thread [Smile] is very kind of you , I will search again this evening hopefully I will find something I was told that I can only use the program peer to peer to download some Egyptians ones, anyway I will let you know if I found something.

Thanks again [Smile]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Yes I have seen it Thank you very much for the thread [Smile] is very kind of you , I will search again this evening hopefully I will find something I was told that I can only use the program peer to peer to download some Egyptians ones, anyway I will let you know if I found something.

Thanks again [Smile]

I can recommend some of Suad Hosny's movies..... I would really love it if you saw any of her movies & hear your comments

But I dont know if you can read arabic

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Salam alikoum Chindrella how are you?

Sorry for my late response and thank you for your PM.

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to download any Egyptian movies; however I’ve recently watched a Russian one directed by a Sidwish director name Lukas Moodysson

It’s a story of 16-year-old Russian whose mother is moving to the United States. The girl name ( Lilya,) wants nothing more than to get out of the country ( Russia) where she lives as there are no future for young people especially for someone like her as Unfortunately, her mother leaves her behind, to go and live a new life in America with her new boy friend who promised her a better life with all the comfort she always has dreamt off.

As she is so upset and alone, she turns to a younger boy name:, Volodya, for comfort. However, she quickly throws him over in favor of a charming man who promises to take her with him to Sweden, but in fact all he wants its to get her into the country illegally, where she finds herself working as a prostitute.

I have found that the camera loved the actress Oksana Akinshina , who plays the role of “ Lila “ and there was a huge real depth to her performance, she was acting her personage with a such natural, that she left me and I’ am sure other audience who have seen this movie breathless.

Until now is difficult to tell if I liked the movie or no, as the movie director has been so close to the reality that most of time, the use of strong sex-related profanity, scenes of simulated sex and sexual contact, scenes depicting rape, were extremely difficult to watch especially for a woman however if you do have the opportunity to watch it, you will certainly admire the way the movie was directed.

here are some pictures of the movie
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Pier/6163/oksana1.html

I also watched a Korean movie, “ the way home ” which is a story of a young boy who lives in the town, alone with his single mother in Korea.

For some financial raison, the mother has to ask her very old grand mother who lives in the isolated small village in the middle of the Korean country side, to look after him during the school holiday, as she has to work full time in order to save up money, and cannot afford to employ a baby sister to look after her son.

the mother compose the affection she cannot offer to her son, by spoiling him, and when the little boy has to live with her very old grand mama, in the very tiny house without any electricity, and water, a huge miss understand quickly appears between the spoil little boy who doesn’t understand why his grand mama cannot afford to buy him all the toys he is use to get from his mother, and the primitive poor but very kind old grand mother, who does not know what to do in order to pleased her grand son.

I cried so much when I watched this movie, the very old lady has performed so well and was very touching, as well as the little boy

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Thank you Souri for sharing with me thses beautiful movies.... I have got to find them & watch them sometimes.... especially the Russian one.... I think that from what you wrote it very much resembles "eleven Minutes" by Paoulo Coelho.... have you read it? it's beautiful.

I still want you to see one of Suad Hosny's movies... I will try to find a link where you can download her movie.

You love movies. Dont you? Why dont you work in the movie industry? [Big Grin]

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Working in the movie industry me ? lol no I would be helpless. I don’t think I could be a good actress or a movie director. [Big Grin]

No I did not watch the eleven minutes but have read some Paoulo Coelho's books and loved it, regarding watching some movie of Suad Hosny, as I will be in Cairo soon ISA hope that to find some of her movies with some French or English sub title

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Working in the movie industry me ? lol no I would be helpless. I don’t think I could be a good actress or a movie director. [Big Grin]

No I did not watch the eleven minutes but have read some Paoulo Coelho's books and loved it, regarding watching some movie of Suad Hosny, as I will be in Cairo soon ISA hope that to find some of her movies with some French or English sub title

I PM'd you [Wink]
Mido27
Member # 12081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mido27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here got to watch some Iranian movies?
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

yes I have watched five on the afternoon a movie made the Iranian movie dirrector Samira MAKHMALBAF

http://www.festival-cannes.com/films/fiche_film.php?langue=6002&id_film=4081417

Is a very nice one

But the movie is about a woman who lives in Afaganistant

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com