EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » Male = Man ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Male = Man ???
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an Egyptian friend. She is going through a divorce. This is a really good woman. She is a good; Muslim, mother, wife, person, etc.. Always kind and respectful to everyone. I have been sort of going through this divorce with her. I mean when you have a good friend, you feel their pain. Right? So in a way, I feel like this is so personal. Even though it is not me, and I am not an Egyptian woman.

She married this guy, had children, and he is so bad. They are getting a divorce. He wants everything. She left everything. Took her children and walked out. But that's not good enough. He calls her and harrasses her every day. For no good reason. Everything is just clearly not good enough for him. What is it with this guy? Wallahi!!!!!!!!! [Mad]

Through all of this, I have realized that women basically have no rights in Egypt considering divorce. Me being American, this really upsets me. This woman has to basically give up her life for her children, lose all her rights to protect them. But does he lose any rights? NO! There is something terrible wrong with this picture. I mean it took both of them to have these children. Why shouldn't circumstances that apply to one, apply to the other?

It is a mans world. They can have dispicable manners, no appreciation for his wife or their children, ignore his religious beliefs, and just be a genuinely selfish and horrible person. Or as we women like to say. Being Male does not make him a Man.

I mean I know there are some really good men out there. They are the REAL MEN. There are good and bad women too. But why does a woman have to lose all her rights when she is being a good woman. But the man loses none, even when he's being a terrible man?

I hear her her say, " where is the noble honor Arabian men used to be famous for?". To tell you the truth, I am wondering this myself at the moment. My thoughts are, that if there were so many noble and honorable Arabian men, then they would put a stop to the way a woman is treated during a divorce. [Confused]

Just curious what you guys have to say about this. Especially all the Egyptians. Male and Female.

شكر

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheba76, please repost this topic in the 'marriage forum' of ES - I am sure many more people will become aware of your thread and respond to it.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops! Guess I wasn't paying attention where I was when I posted.

Another Blonde moment. [Embarrassed]

Thanks Tigerlily. [Smile]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:

Another Blonde moment. [Embarrassed]

ROFL.... I get these moments all the time [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com