EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Hetheru's Corner » why Gwyneth prefers Britian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: why Gwyneth prefers Britian
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gwyneth Paltrow has sparked a backlash in her native US by branding her fellow Americans uncivilised and boring. The Shakespeare In Love Oscar-winner said people in her adopted country were far more interesting. The 34-year-old, who lives in London with musician husband Chris Martin, was quoted as saying: "I like living here because I don't fit into the bad side of American psychology."

She told Portuguese newspaper Diario De Noticias: "The British are much more intelligent and civilised than the Americans.

"I love the English lifestyle. It's not as capitalistic as America. People talk about interesting things at dinner - not about work and money."

The Californian-born star's comments sparked anger in the US, with radio and TV shows bombarded by furious callers, according to the Daily Mirror.

One caller said: "She sounds like she thinks she's better than us. She should stay across the Atlantic. We don't need her."

Another said: "If she feels that way we are much better off without her."

In the interview, Paltrow also claimed that having Madonna as a neighbour was another advantage of living in London.

She said of the singer: "Madonna's like an older sister. Everything I've gone through, she had 10 times worse and 10 times longer.

"She gives me good advice about how to say no and take care of myself."

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct me if I am wrong but Madonna said the same before her and so did Johnny Depp.

But you know what? They all still own appartments, villas back in the US, they frequently come back for business and personal reasons and they still once in a while eat fast-food.

I am not American but I really hate these kind of comments. You are part of this country, you were raised there so why talking like you are above the citizens of the country?

Madonna went even further couple of years ago stating that American guys are 'uneducated'. That's why she went after a British guy, 10 years her junior. But seriously do I like to see a 48-year-old and mother of three little children humping around in skimpy clothes? Some people just can't quit, they want to stay on top no matter what.

Anyway it's typical star talk.... nothing more.

But instead of turning their backs at their homecountry they should try to make a difference. They are celebrities, their voices will be heard by many.

Btw, Gwyneth and Madonna are no longer anymore 'best buddies' even if they are still neighbours. [Wink]

One more thing: I always wondered why Gwyneth ended up with a rock musician anyway - she's so classy.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
48-year-old and mother of three little children humping around in skimpy clothes? Some people just can't quit, they want to stay on top no matter what.

Hello Tiger

on one of my previous job I had the opportunity to see a couple of famous people .One of the most weird one I have ever seen was Madonna and the way you described her “ a 48-year-old and mother of three little children humping around in skimpy clothes” was exactly the way she was .

She was hanging around dress up like a teenager who is about to go out to a party on Saturday night, and looked so skinny, in her small tight outfit, it was very weird as in reality you can tell she is 48 years old and the contrast between her age and the way she was dress up, was and acting just to much.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
48 Year old mother are supposed to sit at home and prepare dinner for her husband and children?
Who are we to judge an adult women by the way she is dressed and behaves? As long as her husband and children have no problems with it, let her do what she likes. I`ts a free world, and she is not harming anybody...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
48 Year old mother are supposed to sit at home and prepare dinner for her husband and children?
Who are we to judge an adult women by the way she is dressed and behaves? As long as her husband and children have no problems with it, let her do what she likes. I`ts a free world, and she is not harming anybody...

Why you are replying so offended? Are you a 48-year-old mother and dressed like up like a teeny? Or are you Madonna yourself? [Big Grin]

And did I say anything about that she has to cater to her family? Definitely not, she can afford to employ people who take care of the household, the cooking etc. and why not?

Sorry but Madonna thinks she can keep her children away from her revealing performances - by not allowing them to watch TV!

Remember that tongue-kissing with Britney onstage not so long ago during a MTV Awards show? And look at her videos of the recent years! You would think that woman would grow up at one point, age gracefully, show class - but no it's all about being in the press which to push her celebrity status.

And actually her husband has problems with her exposing appearances - it was numerous times written in the press. After all she seems to have the pants on in this relationship. And poor Guy Ritchie, what did he expect when he was marrying a pop diva? [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha, to be honest I am not somebody who is following life of artists at all, so I didn`t know she tongkissed with Britney Spears. And I only heard talking about a crusification-scene in het show, because it was on the news.
Think she likes to provocate and shock people, maybe also her husband.
The way she use to dress herself is not in line with her age. But she for herself isn`t either!If you look at her, you don`t see a main 48-year old woman. Above that, she is a popstar, and they dress in another way. Mick Jagger doesn`t look like a grand-dad either, and what about Keith Richards, he looks like a walking skelet and is taking advance of his junkie-look! It`s all part of their image.
There are numbers of celebrity`s dressing and behaving in another way. I don`t have any problem with that. It`s their life, and as long as they don`t harm anybody, they`re free to wear whatever they like.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way she use to dress herself is not in line with her age. But she for herself isn`t either!If you look at her, you don`t see a main 48-year old woman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that Madonna has proved that today youth can last for long time, to see how young and active Madonna was when she reached 40 has probably been encouraging for many women in the world, which I think has been a very good example to certain extend.
She also has to be wiser and strong enough to accept the fact that her career can not last forever, if she still wants to be credible in front of her fan, as when you see her in real, believe me she really looks older than her age, and in this case the way she dress up is not in the line of her age al all, as well as some of her behaviour like kissing Britney Spears in front of thousand of children who may think that its ok to do the same.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Okay, Madonna just doesn't have 'it' anymore. I mean she's annoying over and over (just want to mention I was a fan of hers back in the 80's); but she's too controversial - and too old. Her age and her actions just don't match with each other. Look what she did around two months ago. In her show in Rom she got literally crucified on a big cross onstage. She hurted the feelings of many people.

Sorry but this woman is just not credible and classy in the least.

She could really use some advise for clothing and manners from Gwyneth. She's one fine lady (can I say this as a woman?).

Also Nicole Kidman I like very much as a person (although personally I am not impressed by her acting skills), but she's staying out of scandals, she got dumped by Tom Cruise, found finally happiness again (even if Keith Urban is fighting with drug/alcohol use now), but she's a wonderful mother of her two adopted children, she's just way more personal, I like her very much as a star, infact she's a star without any diva attitude, she's ageing gracefully and she has an excellent choice when it comes to clothes. She is one amazing woman in my book.

I've seen part of an interview with her couple of days ago where someone ask her if she's happy. She basically answered (free interpretation following): What is happiness? I am rich, I have a great career, I am pretty but does it make me happy, can it really make a person happy? I am more concerned about the people around me, my family, the people I love and I would want to say on my deathbed one day that yes I had a good life, Iam a happy person." Her words really touched me.

And some people have charisma and some people don't - and others like middle-aged Madonna try to stay desperately in the spotlight by running half-naked and with support stockings through music videos.

EOT for me. [Big Grin]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol... she likes britian because her hubby is from there...if she gets divorced (and with the history of hollywood actors and actresses and musicans I find that quite probable) she will be back in the USA in a California minute with her family, oh wait, that's right, her family is American aren't they? lol they must be sooo much more uncivilized than her hubby and his family. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meninarmer
Member # 12654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for meninarmer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well England is much older then the USA, and more civilized. However, everything has a trade-off in one way or another.
For my line of work, salaries are ~45% lower relative to the US.
Being intimate with both the UK and US, I would have to pick Canada, as the most civilized.

Posts: 3595 | From: Moved To Mars. Waiting with shotgun | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com